Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Airplane food =]

i like the food served on jal, esp the peanuts [i always asks for an additional packet] and coffee [two servings too].

food on SQ is good too. once i went to nepal on SQ and nasi brayani was served.

I never found airplane food to be bad. I've always thought it was decent to good even if it was nuked.

Anyway, none of you guys I believe ever had prison food (unless you've been naughty). You all should try prison food prepared by inmates. Now, that's bad. I used to work in a prison and would go down to the cafeteria (staff and inmates share the same cafeteria, but at diff times of course) to eat lunch once in a while. The food was usually really bad. I would never touch the soup cause it always looked like barf to me. We did have some good breakfast food, but that's about it. Try eating the same 7 types of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, on every S-M. Well, you will if you've ever spent time behind bars (or if you're staff and you just ate there cause you were broke).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    I never found airplane food to be bad. I've always thought it was decent to good even if it was nuked.

Anyway, none of you guys I believe ever had prison food (unless you've been naughty). You all should try prison food prepared by inmates. Now, that's bad. I used to work in a prison and would go down to the cafeteria (staff and inmates share the same cafeteria, but at diff times of course) to eat lunch once in a while. The food was usually really bad. I would never touch the soup cause it always looked like barf to me. We did have some good breakfast food, but that's about it. Try eating the same 7 types of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, on every S-M. Well, you will if you've ever spent time behind bars (or if you're staff and you just ate there cause you were broke).
    Me too. I never found airplane food to be bad either. Just as long as its hot.
    The food presentation is really good, everything is so neatly arranged.

btw about prison food how do mean by bad? Just curious to know
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Me too. I never found airplane food to be bad either. Just as long as its hot.
    The food presentation is really good, everything is so neatly arranged.

btw about prison food how do mean by bad? Just curious to know
    Yeah, I don't get why so many people think airplane food is bad. I think it's quite decent and sometimes good.

As for prison food... well, every Wednesday for lunch, we'll have burgers and fries and it's every single Wednesday for eternity that it'll be the same... The buns are cold and the beef is cooked, but not warm. It tastes kind of bad cause it's not salty juicy beef. It's just dry beef. Every Tuesday's lunch, we'll have sloppy joes and well, it's just sloppy... The soup as I said before looks like barf and not something I ever dared to even taste. Just the look of the soup disgusts me. Btw, all this food is prepared by inmates and these are the same inmates who stick drugs and weird stuff up their....(you know) so I don't really trust the cleanliness either. You should just eat at our prison's cafeteria to see what I'm talking about. But, I have heard that diff prisons are different in terms of food/taste. I heard Edmonton Max actually has some pretty decent and tasty food. But, where I used to work (Drumheller Institution), the food is just awlful.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why so many people think airplane food is bad. I think it's quite decent and sometimes good.
    You might be in the minority here.

I would MUCH rather have McDonalds, Burger King, or a crappy Chinese take-out, than the best airplane food I've had.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

UA has bad food and bad attitude. Air-sick combo... oh, actually they have no food now ...

Air Canada has ok food but bad attitude. I think you need to pay for food nowadays.

Been on Delta and their pre-packed snacks are decent. Can't remember for Continental.

JAL and Cathy Pacific are good.

Don't know why but cup noodles tastes exceptionally good on the plane.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You might be in the minority here.

I would MUCH rather have McDonalds, Burger King, or a crappy Chinese take-out, than the best airplane food I've had.
    MacDonald's and Burger King sucks. Actually, all fast food burger places suck. Airplane food to me is much better. I like Chinese take out though.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

JAL has the best food, followed by SQ and CX.

Agree, cup noodles really do taste especially good on board.

Do all asian airlines serve them during long flights?
    Last edited by cordycep; 03-02-08 at 03:28 AM.

Cathay Pacific doles out hot cup noodles for the economy class during long distance flights. That's how I learned about the heavenly taste.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

i find most airplane food ok, but then again im not very fussy, so long as it fills up my tummy. although given that im in singapore, i tend to take SQ flights whenever possible, unless the place I go to do not have SQ direct flight. (i dislike transits in general ~)
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I was really surprised at the full meals that we were served duing a couple of domestic flights in China. Not only that, but we had a full meal right before one of the flights because the flight was delayed. Rice or noodles and dim sum.

The food on Continental between Newark and Hong Kong was not bad either.

Does not hold a candle to the service on first class though. I was upgraded once after giving up my economy class seat in the last row on an overbooked flight, I was bumped up to the first row in first class. As soon as I boarded, I was asked if I wanted a drink. Then I was served a 3 course meal and hot cookies on a 2.5 hour flight. Also, no one said anything about putting my luggage under the seat in front of me. It was sitting on the floor and no one said anything.

Airplane food is for you to survive, not for you to enjoy. Want good food to enjoy? Go to a good restaurant after the flight is over.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 08-18-14 at 03:56 PM.