Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Ricky Williams should have retired before the draft pick, so that the dolphins could have picked a running back. Now that he is retired just before training camp the dolphins are screwed unless they could find a good running back.

What do you think of Eddie George signing with the Cowboys?
    I perfer him signing with the Eagles with McNabb and TO.

Brock Lesner from WWE just signed with the Vikings. What do you think? Good or Bad.

Originally posted by SKYLINE GT-R 32
    Brock Lesner from WWE just signed with the Vikings. What do you think? Good or Bad.
    He has all the physical skills to be a good NFL player. But he hasn't played competitive football since HS in 1995. No fundamentals will hurt his chances of doing good.

Didn't Goldberg try NFL before too or was drafted but never played?

I think Parcell got a decent back to grind with when George sign with the cowboys and you know Parcells use his backs a lot in his plays and he should be used a lot since they have a couple of still new quarterbacks on their team.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Originally posted by James Ko
    Didn't Goldberg try NFL before too or was drafted but never played?
    Goldberg played a season with the Falcons in the early 90s I think. He retired because of an injury.

Since we're on the topic of Wrestlers/NFL players. The Rock played a bit in the CFL and Farooq was cut by the Browns.

Steve McMicheal of da Bears a Pro bowler... he wrestle too with the WCW and has a hot wife

I didn't know The Rock play for CFL which team did he play on?
    Flame on I am gone...

Steve McMicheal of da Bears a Pro bowler... he wrestle too with the WCW and has a hot wife

I didn't know The Rock play for CFL which team did he play on?
    Was he known as Mongo in the WCW? His wife was pretty hot

The Rock was on the Stamps and only the practice squad.

Originally posted by spooks
    hehe i think so. and that was a while ago when I was still a kid I think if my memory is correct he was one of the four horsemen... with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, etc.
    Flame on I am gone...

Thats his ex-wife. Now shes married to Stone Cold Steve Austin

Who is going to have a better year at QB this year for the rookies.
    Eli Manning of the NY Giants or Phillip Rivers of the SDG Chargers and the rest of the rookie QB.

Originally posted by SKYLINE GT-R 32
    Who is going to have a better year at QB this year for the rookies.
    Eli Manning of the NY Giants or Phillip Rivers of the SDG Chargers and the rest of the rookie QB.
    I think Phillip Rivers should have a big year for a rookie Qb this year, because of the QB situation in SD. I don't know if Eli can beat out Kurt for the starting job, and the same goes for Big Ben and Losman (if I spell his name correctly), and Drew Henson is not ready to step up this year. However, in the present time, Rivers hasn't reached a contract with the Chargers yet, and according to Espn, he has already missed a week or so of training camp, and it's very critical for rookie Qb not to miss any day of training camp. Honestly, I don't know how much this will affect his performance this year.

I think eventually little Manning will be the best of the bunch but currently in the Giant country... they have Kurt Warner... who I am thinking would want to proof himself that he is still capable of leading a good offense.

So for Manning he will be learning. As for rookie QB to make huge impact I doubt the current one are like that. It will take a couple of years before we can see them develop.

I am hoping Gossman would do good for da bears. He was awsome in college and if the offense style change in Chicago... he could really make da bears fly.
    Flame on I am gone...

If the Giants wants to do any winning this year, Manning is going to start pretty quick. Warner looked absolutely terrible the past two year. He had no zip on his throws and forced to dump off most of the time. Defenses crowded the line of scrimage easily with Warner.

If Warner can't do jack with Holt, Bruce, and Faulk, what are the odds that he can do anything with the scrubs NY has?

That said, I doubt either Rivers or Manning can do much this year. If I had a pick for the best rookie QB season, I'd take Roseligerber(sp?). I'm not sure if he'll start at the beginning of the season, but Pittsburg certainly has much more talent than the Bolts and the Giants.

Rivers might not even get to play football if he doesn't agree with Chargers on a contract...
    Flame on I am gone...

Rich Gannon gotta go! He don't play well at the pre-season. I want Kerry Collins to be the QB starter or else the Raiders will be yet another disaster season!!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Originally posted by bubcas
    Rich Gannon gotta go! He don't play well at the pre-season. I want Kerry Collins to be the QB starter or else the Raiders will be yet another disaster season!!
    you never know Rich is getting old he is not the same too bad he was one of the best and he have fallen and it sucks they lost Tim Brown to the Bucks too... What was Warren Sapp thinking when he sign with them.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by Meh
    If the Giants wants to do any winning this year, Manning is going to start pretty quick. Warner looked absolutely terrible the past two year. He had no zip on his throws and forced to dump off most of the time. Defenses crowded the line of scrimage easily with Warner.

If Warner can't do jack with Holt, Bruce, and Faulk, what are the odds that he can do anything with the scrubs NY has?

That said, I doubt either Rivers or Manning can do much this year. If I had a pick for the best rookie QB season, I'd take Roseligerber(sp?). I'm not sure if he'll start at the beginning of the season, but Pittsburg certainly has much more talent than the Bolts and the Giants.
    To tell ya the truth, however bad Warner has looked the last 2 years, Manning has looked WORSE this PRESEASON, against the most vanilla of defense-coverages that the NFL has to offer. The kid is not yet ready. Maybe by mid-season he would be. But... not right now (much like his brother).
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Well, at least Manning has the ability to throw the ball deep. Teams pretty much can bring up their safeties against Warner because the dude can only throw dink passes now.

I agree with you that Manning is going to get hammered in the regular season if he starts with that pathetic O-line. But he does give them a better option. Still, it's not likely to happen. The Giants aren't going to risk all those picks and that huge signing bonus only to see him get knocked out in his rookie year.

I don't think any of the Rookie quarterbacks will have any success this season, but I think the rookie quarterback that will perform the best is Ben Rothlesberger. That's if he can start, because Tommy Maddox is still good. The stealers also have 3 good wide receivers. That's something that the bills (only Eric Moulds), chargers (Kevin Dyson, but he's considered average), and giants (just amani toomer) don't have.

My prediction is that the Ravens will win the AFC. It's still kind of a shaky prediction because they have Kyle Boller starting (ugh...), but they're offensive line is good and they have Jamal Lewis coming off a 2000 yard season. In the NFC I think the Panthers will win it. They're looking IMPRESSIVE. I love their wideouts and running backs. Steve Smith, Muhammad, Davis, Foster. And they're defense is still pretty good. I just hope they find a way to fix that secondary, but other than that the LB's and DLINE are awesome.

Most overrated team this year are the Eagles. They are so overrated it drives me insane. Yeah maybe, they did get TO, Kearse, Trotter, and Douglas back, but they're still going to choke somewhere in the playoffs. And there's no way you can build your offense around TO. TO's a great receiver (his main problem is being consistent) but I wouldn't put him in the class with Moss and Harrison. Those receivers are gamebreakers and part of the 2 best offenses in the league.

The teams to watch out for are the Bengals, if they use John Kitna, but that's a big if, and I don't think it'll ever happen. The other teams that everyone needs to watch for are the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans. Chicago has a great defense this year and Houson is getting really good on offense. They have a David Carr, who is getting really good and a young running back who is also going to be good.

Well there are my worthless thoughts of the up-and-coming 2004 season.

you never know Rich is getting old he is not the same too bad he was one of the best and he have fallen and it sucks they lost Tim Brown to the Bucks too... What was Warren Sapp thinking when he sign with them.
    Yeah, but nobody is really going to worry about Tim Brown that much. He's kind of like Chris Carter when he played for Miami, all worn out. Jerry Rice is actually still good wich suprises me alot and Jerry Porter is awesome dude. Jerry Porter's the best wideout in the AFC West, in my opinion. I don't think they can win games with Rich Gannon though. I think that they should use Kerry Collins. Kerry Collins has looked really good in the preseason. Much like whenever he made it to the superbowl back in 2000 (I think it was 2000). Maybe not that good, but still pretty damn close.

Ya... but that is why is always up in the air when it comes to a new NFL season

I really think Jamal Lewis wouldn't get 2000yard season again... people know that Ravens can't pass at all... so they will develop a defense against their runs...

For Priest Holmes and the Chief, I think is do able... because of their offense... They have a passing game and a rushing game.
    Flame on I am gone...