Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Default NFL - ReaL FOOTBALL begins again :)

Man so exciting about the upcoming football seasons. Lots of trade, free agents signing the past couple of month...

I have that Hank William's song in my head now...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Nope. I'm not nearly as excited by the start of the NFL season. Will watch now and again. Still At Rich Gannon (i think that's him), the LA Raiders Quarterback and supposed MVP that "stank" so badly in the Superbowl a few seasons ago that costed hard working Tim Brown a Championship and Jerry Rice a peice of history.

PS - A game that does not penalise one for using the "hands" is not the "real" football in my eyes. THe term "real football" belongs to the game people term "wrongly" as soccer.
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

I think Rich Gannon is just showing his age... he was nearly perfect the few seasons before and I think the whole organization and the cheap shot by their LB that ended someone's career affected the raiders player and how they perform.

I just feel bad for da Bears... one year they were awsome and then they just crap out. I had a bad felling about Jim Miller when they sign him. He was overrated and why did they bring in Kordell, there was a reason why Cowler release Stewert... hopefully Rexman would do good this year. A-train please don't derail...
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by Long
    PS - A game that does not penalise one for using the "hands" is not the "real" football in my eyes. THe term "real football" belongs to the game people term "wrongly" as soccer.
    We had this debate before... like a week ago.

Does it matter what people call it? Really? I mean, heck, if you try hard enough, even a good word like "liberal" could start to take on negative connotations.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Does it matter what people call it? Really? I mean, heck, if you try hard enough, even a good word like "liberal" could start to take on negative connotations.
    That's because liberals, unlike conservatives, aren't "compassionate" enough to invade foreign countries over non-existent threats.

Football annoys me. I mean, 16 games in a year with 1 week between games is just not enough. You don't get the same fix that baseball and basketball can provide. Granted, the games themselves rock, but the down time is annoying.

On the other hand, Futbol is just plain boring period. Every time I watch now, the picture of the Simpsons episode comes to mind.

--

KENT BROCKMAN
    (in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
    (excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

--

I actually watched a bit of soccer on Telemundo and it's scary how close the announcer actually sounds like the guy on the Simpsons.

Ahhh.... my football thread became a debate on words....

I rather you guys discuss who is going to win the superbowl and debate on that then the meaning of the word football and liberal
    Flame on I am gone...

It's obvious who's going to win the Superbowl. The Philadelphia Eagles
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Originally posted by spooks
    It's obvious who's going to win the Superbowl. The Philadelphia Eagles
    It's a possibility. However, losing many key players in this off-season including two of their very solid starting CBs, a linebacker who was named the defensive MVP player of the team, a RB who is a vocal leader in the locker room and couple offesive linemen in this off season might prove too much for the Eagles, honestly, even with addition of Jeavon Kearse and TO, to overcome the hump of three straight losses in the Conference Finals.

I'd love to see my beloved Packers winning the Super Bowl this year, but, heck, no one really expected the Patriot to win the Superbowl last year, or the Panthers in the superbowl match, so every one I say will have an equal chance in this season.

This season I think the Philadelphia Eagles and the Indianapolis Colts is going to the Superbowl.

I'd love to see my beloved Packers winning the Super Bowl this year, but, heck, no one really expected the Patriot to win the Superbowl last year, or the Panthers in the superbowl match, so every one I say will have an equal chance in this season.
    Last season I wanted the Panthers to win the Superbowl because I hate the Patriots. The Patriots is a good team but I hate them.

I think the Rams will face off against either the Colts or the Chiefs. I think the new tougher enforcement of the Pass Interference rule will greatly help those already powerful passing teams (and the Patriots won't be able to hold and grab and interfere like they did against the Rams in the SB 2 years ago and the Colts in the playoffs last year).
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

go eagles!
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Wow lots of Eagles fan out there.... but they remind me of the early 90's Bills, awsome team, great offensive and defense... everyone have high expectation for them to win the big one but they always come up short.

To me, yes Eagles got some firepower now but as someone also mention they lost the best CBs duel in the league which teams will take advantage of, unless they have good replacement for those position.
    Flame on I am gone...

I'm from the Tampa area and watching what the new GM did to the bucs is sort of starling. It'll never be the same. John Lynch, Donnie Abraham, Warren Sapp, Warrick Dunn, etc... all gone

It's not the same faces of the bucs anymore. So sad, so sad...

Maybe it's for the better.

But definitely looking forward to all the young QBs that are emerging. Same thing that happened like 5 years ago when there was peyton, donovan, and then vick joining the old school elite.

hopefully palmer, harrington, and carr comes through.
    69 is a nice number

Originally posted by James Ko
    Wow lots of Eagles fan out there.... but they remind me of the early 90's Bills, awsome team, great offensive and defense...
    being an eagles fan, I have to say last season we had neither great offense nor defense. any shitty team can have a field day against us on the ground, and our receivers can do anything but catching passes, not to mention we still don't have a real RB yet. we are just one of those teams keep winning somehow, kinda like the patriots minus two rings (it definitely helps being in a weak division too, but with all the coaching changes, things might be different this year).

To me, yes Eagles got some firepower now but as someone also mention they lost the best CBs duel in the league which teams will take advantage of, unless they have good replacement for those position.
    we should be ok at corners. we drafted Sheppard and Brown in the first two rounds of 2002 draft. and they've seen plenty starting actions last year. of course, that's all in theory, replacing pro-bowlers aren't gonna be easy.

the latest word is, Trotter is rejoining the team (shocking) after 'skins released him, if he can bring back anything resembles his old self, I think the Eagles are looking pretty nice still. expectation is going to be high.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Ricky William Retiring

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1846012

This is going to hurt the Dophins for sure...
    Last edited by James Ko; 07-25-04 at 01:08 PM.
    Flame on I am gone...

did the dophins get screwed or what, on so many levels.

Yup... I wonder who they are going to blame?

Ricky for ditching his team...

Dave... for not planning ahead and focusing everything on one player.

They can still do it by luring another back from another team... but the shock already done its damage on the fanchise.
    Flame on I am gone...

Good points...

Marketing is also built totally around "Run, Ricky, Run!"

People down here in Miami are pissed, to say the least. Shaq's coming to the Heat has taken a distant back seat to this news. Heck, the frontpage of Sunday's Miami Herald had "Ricky Williams: I'm Retiring" in large, bold letters!

It's just so surprising and appears self-serving and immature to do this just before camp. With Ricky attending the most recent off-season meetings, the Dolphin's front office didn't see this coming. He can't even bother with facing his "employers" or the media and his fans personally with his decision.

BUT, I guess in the end, Ricky has do what Ricky has to do...
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

DA BEARS!!!

damn bears when will they get thier chances at the superbowl
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Originally posted by Crazy8
    DA BEARS!!!

damn bears when will they get thier chances at the superbowl
    My pychic said 2008
    Flame on I am gone...