Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Football

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    what a disappointment! underdogs take it all..damm cowboys..my bro in-law is a diehard cowboys fan and he becomes very EMO just like T.O. when Cowboys lost..it was weird seeing men act like that over a stoopid footbaall game..

I've decided, i'm going to be a Patriots fan from now on...at least watching them play isn't as stessful as the others.
    u bandwagoner! and pats fan u are my new enemy!

at least ur cousin can actually get mad in the playoffs... my home team 9ers didnt even make the playoffs heck i get mad after every game, our offense blows!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I will never root for those camera-toting cheaters in Boston. I have a feeling San Diego will take them out this weekend. People seem to forget the Chargers were a sleeper pick to win it all at the beginning of this season, they just got off to a very slow start. This is their eighth win in a row though, so they're finally playing up to their potential. Should be a good weekend for football (snowing in both locations, supposedly).

8 straight wins vs 17 straight wins. Hmm.. and oh, the Chargers were not a sleeper pick. They were considered a top contender. How can you be a sleeper pick when you were the 1st seed a year before?

Although I think it's highly improbable for the Chargers to win, I'm not counting them out. They were the team to end the Colts quest for perfection 2 years ago. And with football, anything can happen. I didn't expect the Colts or Cowboys to lose but they did.

I'm still rooting for a NE vs GB Super Bowl though.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

It's not like Indy didn't have a chance to come back and win the game. Manning's receivers didn't come through for him at the end dropping passes that could've been caught. What's so much more dissappointing was that Marvin Harrison was a nonfactor in the game.

Even though I love to see GB and SD in the SuperBowl, because imo I believe the Pack has a better chance of beating SD, I just don't see SD pulling an upset over the Pats, but then again on Any Given Sunday anything can happen.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    8 straight wins vs 17 straight wins. Hmm.. and oh, the Chargers were not a sleeper pick. They were considered a top contender. How can you be a sleeper pick when you were the 1st seed a year before?

Although I think it's highly improbable for the Chargers to win, I'm not counting them out. They were the team to end the Colts quest for perfection 2 years ago. And with football, anything can happen. I didn't expect the Colts or Cowboys to lose but they did.

I'm still rooting for a NE vs GB Super Bowl though.
    LOL...when you're in the same conference with the defending SB champ Colts and the NEW England Monopoly Juggernaut, you can't be anything OTHER than the sleeper pick!

I guess our definition of a sleeper pick differs. To me, a sleeper pick is someone who had an outside chance of winning the Super Bowl. The Chargers were definitely a team who had a good shot at winning a title (and still can). Jaguars, Titans, and even the Giants would be considered sleeper picks.

to be honest, i think chargers has no shot. rivers, LT, gates being injured and if they do play, not at 100%

Wow. The Giants knocked off the #1 and #2 seeds in the NFC. Just... wow. And they have shown that they can hang with the Patriots in the last game of the season. Although it wasn't my predicted matchup, it should still be an interesting game.

the #1 and #2 nfc seeds doesnt mean much but i hope the giants can win

Although, I'm disappointed at GB 's second half performance and Favre's costly interception in OT. I gotta give Eli's Manning and the Giants for playing like true soldiaz coming into an icy cold Lambeau Field and lay the smackdown on the Pack. Farve for the first time (imo) looked cold out in the field and I truly thought the cold was affecting him. He wasn't the same as he was when he was younger that's for sure. GB defense was nonexistent and Harris might as well leave Burress open cuz Burress was having a field day with him. How many yards did Burress get like 140 plus yards in reception? Not to mention the Packers secondary 's poor tackling on the Giant's running backs... I swear it's like they have rubber arms r something.

Eli, on the other hand looked poised and calm, the cold didn't even bother him. He had all kinds of time in the pocket, he had so much time I think he could take a nap, take a shower , and take a shiet and still have some time to find his reciever. You guys know i'm pissed ahahaha...Ok no more venting for me...I feel much better now..... You guys know who I'm rooting for in the SB.

wat the hell happen to the packer in the 2nd half?? did they hire look alike thinking they win the game already??? in the last 7 mintues of the game, Packer got 2 drives result in 3 and out? what the hell??

another Manning playing in the SB...lol....Eli gettin to the SB faster than his brother....

Giants is 14 point underdog to the pat......

favre choked lol. but heres the truth, giant stopped gb's run game and that costed the game. w/o the run game, this gb team is about the same as last years mediocre gb team

The bottom line is that GB was shut down in every aspect of the game in the 2nd half. At the start of the season GB did not have a running game, however during mid season they found a running back in Ryan Grant. Grant had a few good games running they ball, but was a non-factor in this game. Man, did he pick the right game to be a non-factor.

As for Favre he did not do well due to the cold (I'm not making excuses for him) I believe that age has finally caught up with him and it affected his playing. Look at the game in Chicago where they lost the weather was in the subzero temps. Favre did make a lot of bonehead throws that lead to interception especially the one in OT which eventually cost them the game.

Giant's defense played great that is why they won. Like I said many times defense will always be the deciding factor in winning games.

The 2 weeks wait for the Super Bowl sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    The 2 weeks wait for the Super Bowl sucks.

omigosh, what are we going to talk about when football season is over??? geez..

I'm going to bet all my life savings and 401K on Patriots...

NOT

Just joking guys...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

superbowl tommorow can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    omigosh, what are we going to talk about when football season is over??? geez..

I'm going to bet all my life savings and 401K on Patriots...

NOT

Just joking guys...
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO patriots sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

(but if we're gunna bet PATRIOTS )

Haven't been in here for a while. I hate both teams. I think NE Pats is going to win SB, but betting i would take the NyG. Its going to a close game, but i think its going to be a low game.

NyG +12, NE 54

Even SD lost to NE, i made money.

I also agree with NYG +12 and Under 54.

Superbowl ends...... and the winner is........ NYG!

What an amazing upset lol!