Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need serious help!

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    I didn't sign up for my classes. They just gave it to me. I don't think we freshmans get to choose
    WRONG!!! u can pick....i picked all my courses when i was a freshman....just change the course....they can't expect u do take something tat u don't like o not good at it....

Whoa, you really fall for the I'd didn't know I can choose my own course trick as a Freshman. Its ok, to cry about it; go to your adviser for a course change and please have a course ready to be reassigned.

MX, sorry wrong program its Visual Basic not Programming C
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-06-07 at 11:13 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Visual Studio 2005 have a lot of options and for someone who's just starting, it can be very intimidating. But since you're just taking an intro course, I'm pretty sure you'll only work with console project. And the code you posted is C++ so next time you have a new assignment, always select:

Visual C++
    Win32 Console Application
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Moving this to the Tech forum, where you will get more help.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

cout isnt used in VS2005 anymore, I think you're mixing up programing languages

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    If only that one dude who was good with computer stuff was still here. He might of had been able to help you. *Goes to check out Sparky's signature*
    OMG you just can't go one day without mentioning "that one dude who was good with computer stuff," can you? Even with deaf guy and blind guy, you can't forget about that guy

By the way, what's wrong with my signature?

But creamcheese, if you're still in need of help, I'm sure you can ask GuGu to contact "that one dude who was good with computer stuff," since she can easily contact him on your behalf.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    OMG you just can't go one day without mentioning "that one dude who was good with computer stuff," can you? Even with deaf guy and blind guy, you can't forget about that guy

By the way, what's wrong with my signature?

But creamcheese, if you're still in need of help, I'm sure you can ask GuGu to contact "that one dude who was good with computer stuff," since she can easily contact him on your behalf.
    Hey! What happened to the signature? I was going to put it up too! For the 1000000th time!!!!!!!!! Those guys are not deaf nor blind! And you're very wrong about me being able to contact the 'P' guy.

Anyways, I don't want to start a new topic so I'll ask here. I got my laptop and I can't get wireless internet! How do I get it to be wireless?

Well...we need some more info, Sparky. Do you have a modem set up? Is it password protected? Some networks are 'hidden' and need for your computer IP to be manually added to the network.

Also, do you have a wireless network card set up on your computer?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Well...we need some more info, Sparky. Do you have a modem set up? Is it password protected? Some networks are 'hidden' and need for your computer IP to be manually added to the network.
    lol it was the Gu-meister's problem, not mine

Way to spam creamcheese's thread, GuGu Well, back on topic, first make sure you turned on that Wi-Fi thing. Can't get wireless connection without that. Another good idea is to simply ask your good friend the 'P' guy - as hot as your blind and deaf guys might be, I think your 'P' guy is the best person to ask about computers.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

lol it was the Gu-meister's problem, not mine

Way to spam creamcheese's thread, GuGu Well, back on topic, first make sure you turned on that Wi-Fi thing. Can't get wireless connection without that. Another good idea is to simply ask your good friend the 'P' guy - as hot as your blind and deaf guys might be, I think your 'P' guy is the best person to ask about computers.
    LOL, you're too funny! You know who he belongs to, and it sure ain't me!

Again, those guys are not deaf nor blind! Maybe you're the one that's deaf and blind! I don't know what you mean by 'Wi-Fi' so I'll call my hot dell guy and have him walk me thru it. And Sparky dear, you're the one spamming Creamcheese's thread!

wi-fi: wireless fidelity

he was talking about your wireless network adaptor/card or which ever component your computer comes with.

since most computers come with such adaptor built in, and I assume your's comes with it, it wont be any card or device you will need to connect to your computer.

And most laptops use the Intel Proset to manage their wireless connections, you should check your driver discs for the application.

Perhaps the device is turned off and you haven't turned it on. (I'm sure you already knew this and this cant be your first experience with wireless networks, most computers, especially laptops have the function to turn on/off the wireless adaptor, to save power when you are running on batteries and not connected to any networks.)

Now if you do know that the device is working and you know how to manage it, then check your wireless transmitter/router settings. some latest wireless adaptors wont connect if the router has certain settings.

If your wireless has a WEP encryption, change it to WPA (not WPA2) since new adapters have the tendency to easily connect to the tougher WPA encryption than WEP.

Also check if your router has the Channel setting to automatic or manual, if it has automatic, go to manual and choose something like channel number 9.

Check whether it is going on 802.11 b or 802.11g, some new adaptors wont connect if the router is using a legacy version of 802.11b (yes there are 2 versions of 'b'), most laptops now have built in 802.11g (which is faster) adaptors so see if your router is also capable of that speed, if not upgrade to a new router which has it. (though this should not be a major problem since most wi-fi adaptors are dual 802.11b/g)
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 09-10-07 at 07:55 PM.

Finally got all the computers in the house connected! So happy! Dell guys not only have sexy voices but are very smart.

To test out that my wireless service is working everywhere in the house, I'm sitting on the toilet right now.

^ lol i thought the Dell guys were from India! well everytime i call them anyways.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    ^ lol i thought the Dell guys were from India! well everytime i call them anyways.
    So what if they're from India? Accents can be very attractive in a voice. Like me personally, I go for Australian and British ones. Maybe Gu-meister finds Indian accents irresistibly sexaayyy.

GuGu! Stop flirting with Dell guys! What is it with your guy choices lately? Blind guy, deaf, guy...honey, you already have 'P' guy!

When I called Dell it was a woman. Goes to show that not all women are computer-impaired.

And Sparky dear, you're the one spamming Creamcheese's thread!
    I'm the one, Miss I'm-Just-Going-To-Stick-My-Question-In-The-Middle-Of-Someone-Else's-Thread? Puhhhlease! I totally tried to be helpful - I took initiative and offered creamcheese the opportunity to get you to ask "that one dude who was good with computer stuff"! It was you who wouldn't contact him! Sowwie creamcheese anyway...especially if you still need help on the matter.

So what if they're from India? Accents can be very attractive in a voice. Like me personally, I go for Australian and British ones. Maybe Gu-meister finds Indian accents irresistibly sexaayyy.

GuGu! Stop flirting with Dell guys! What is it with your guy choices lately? Blind guy, deaf, guy...honey, you already have 'P' guy!

When I called Dell it was a woman. Goes to show that not all women are computer-impaired.
    For the 1000000000th time, those guys are not deaf nor blind!!!!!!!!!!!
    I sooooooo did not get an Indian guy! I got a guy named Mike and he sounded like a Chinese FOB! Brought back memories of an old fling from kindergarten.

I'm the one, Miss I'm-Just-Going-To-Stick-My-Question-In-The-Middle-Of-Someone-Else's-Thread? Puhhhlease! I totally tried to be helpful - I took initiative and offered creamcheese the opportunity to get you to ask "that one dude who was good with computer stuff"! It was you who wouldn't contact him! Sowwie creamcheese anyway...especially if you still need help on the matter.

I only asked after cream's problem was resolved! And stop joking about that 'P' guy, I might just start thinking about him too. And that would make a lot of people cry.

A fling in KINDERGARTEN?!

No wonder you made the argument that people can't compare with you in terms of the number of male hands you've examined, held, bit...

Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 09-24-07 at 06:57 PM.

A fling in KINDERGARTEN?!

No wonder you made the argument that people can't compare with you in terms of the number of male hands you've examined, held, bit...

What? You didn't have a bf/gf when you were in kindergarten? That is soooo uncool.
    He would bring me a piece of candy everyday at school. And he gave me his animal crackers at lunch. Well, I dumped him for the class clown who offered me his fruit roll-ups. ^_^
    Last edited by GuGu; 09-24-07 at 07:46 PM.

In my defense, during kindergarten, I had just moved to Okla-friggin'-homa.

But I concur, fruit roll-ups>animal crackers. Although if someone had offered Lunchables instead...
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 09-24-07 at 08:07 PM.

In my defense, during kindergarten, I had just moved to Okla-friggin'-homa.

But I concur, fruit roll-ups>animal crackers. Although if someone had offered Lunchables instead...
    Hahhahahahaa Oklahoma has ugly people, no wonder you didn't have a bf in kindergarten.
    You know what I liked more than fruit roll-ups? I would of had held hands with anyone who gave me their oatmeal cookie.

Hahhahahahaa Oklahoma has ugly people, no wonder you didn't have a bf in kindergarten.
    You know what I liked more than fruit roll-ups? I would of had held hands with anyone who gave me their oatmeal cookie.
    GF, not BF. I'm a guy, damnit.

Oatmeal cookies? Feh, I preferred peanut butter back in the day. Although I have to say, you are quite mercenary...

You have RWX's JADE IMPERIAL SEAL OF APPROVAL.