Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wii--do you have one?

The Wii is readily available in Australia. Now what is in short supply is the DS Lite! I had to go to 3 stores before I found one! and I waited 30 minutes to get served! I hate Christmas shopping grrrrrr

Congrats to me...I waited at Target in the early morning on Saturday..they were only selling 50 wii..the line was so long. They were giving voucher to the first 50 people...I was the 56th person in line..everyone gave up but I didn't. I just stayed back and went shopping. Got in line to check out and guess what? They have an extra 10 and I happen to be the last person to get it...Woohoo!
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Down in Silicon Valley they're testing games controlled by the player's brainwaves.

I played Wii at my cousin's house a couple of times. It seems really fun and ADDICTING.

I might consider getting one, BUT ONLY IF I have the cash.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

i dont really like it. it requires too much body movement which i'm against cuz i'm a couch potato.

I would have to say the graphics are kind of lame compared to the PS3.....
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I realize that I'm light years behind here, but did finally get a Wii since I'll soon have more time to play it. I'm most looking forward to playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I have one but I think it's pretty boring, I only used it for like a week after I got it. I like the PS2 better.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

The Wii is by far the most interactive gaming console out there today. Virtual Console games is one of the reasons why I bought one. Thinking back to Donkey Kong Country - it'd be great to play those classics again! The VC really is a breakthrough, allowing N64 Zelda fans to play Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time again for 1/3 the price of buying the N64 versions.

WOOT for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, out in September 2009 in Aus! And I'm really looking forward to buying Super Mario Galaxy!
    Last edited by Sourplum; 07-14-09 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    I have one but I think it's pretty boring, I only used it for like a week after I got it. I like the PS2 better.
    How about you give your wii to me?! I've always wanted one. I have PS3 but I mostly use it to play movies.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    How about you give your wii to me?! I've always wanted one. I have PS3 but I mostly use it to play movies.
    ^^ Sorry. It's actually not only mine but my sister's, mother's, and father's also and they probably want to keep it.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Play Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 and it's almost like watching a movie.
    I have both systems and I find myself playing the PS3 more since the graphics are so awesome. It's way better than the Wii in terms of graphics. It's like watching a movie when you get to the cutscene.

One of the things I find interesting about the Wii is that Nintendo decided not to have it become REGION FREE like the DS is. If only it was, the WII would be seeing even higher sales than it's experiencing right now, so that's one of the things I'm disappointed about. Especially because us PAL region gamers always have to wait so long for game releases compared to the U.S. And importiing games isn't possible because Nintendo have released a software update that prevents importing.

But aside from that, I'm very happy with the WII. Now if only Camelot would release Golden Sun on the WII like they did for the DS - I almost had tears in my eyes when I found out - it's been a lonely 6 years for Golden Sun gamers, so GREAT NEWS.

I really feel like the WII needs some more solid RPGs on its system to really keep up the sales so hopefully Nintendo and (HOPEFULLY) other game companies like Square Enix would release some good RPGs - I wish we'd get a Final Fantasy title apart from the Crystal Chronicles, like the PS2 and PS3 do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    I really feel like the WII needs some more solid RPGs on its system to really keep up the sales so hopefully Nintendo and (HOPEFULLY) other game companies like Square Enix would release some good RPGs - I wish we'd get a Final Fantasy title apart from the Crystal Chronicles, like the PS2 and PS3 do.
    Although it looks sort of childish, Little King's Story is worth checking out and has received great reviews for its surprising depth and variety.

I'm currently addicted to Okami and am actually enjoying it more than I thought I would Twilight Princess. I was also really into Bully Scholarship Edition, but got stuck on one particular task and am taking a break from it to clear my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Although it looks sort of childish, Little King's Story is worth checking out and has received great reviews for its surprising depth and variety.

I'm currently addicted to Okami and am actually enjoying it more than I thought I would Twilight Princess. I was also really into Bully Scholarship Edition, but got stuck on one particular task and am taking a break from it to clear my head.
    What's the gameplay in Okami like? I've heard good reviews, but I'm interested in the gameplay mostly.

I have the Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and getting Mario Galaxy very soon. Want to get Twilight Princess too. How is TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    What's the gameplay in Okami like? I've heard good reviews, but I'm interested in the gameplay mostly.

I have the Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and getting Mario Galaxy very soon. Want to get Twilight Princess too. How is TP?
    Okami is a very engaging and visually stunning adventure, RPG, action, and platform game all rolled into one. Although some of the brush strokes take a bit of practice to master, there is something very satisfying about reviving Nippon and literally being filled with fortune after every good deed.

Gameplay clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfEbS8GFgM

Twilight Princess is good too, but I haven't spent nearly as much time playing it. Interestingly, you also get to play as a wolf in it and there's an annoying lil' sidekick as well.