Thread: Apec Protest

Default Apec Protest

For those living in Sydney, do you know what time the protesters are going to gather and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourplum View Post
    For those living in Sydney, do you know what time the protesters are going to gather and where?
    i'm surprise you are asking this in spcnet forum. you wanna join the protest?

Yeah, might be fun to meet some people with similar views while being 'out there'. =D

And the reason I'm posting in the SPCNET forum is because I don't know where else to ask around.

Yea... its at the city so go there, u wont miss them since over 25k ppl are going. As for meeh, nah no way am i going.

Dun wanna waste my time, afterall the end result won't affect anything. Plus im sure Mr Bush is doing the best of his ability ^^
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

What is the organizations that is organising the protest?

What are the broad aims of the protest this time around?

Will ppl be sprayed with the newly purchased water cannons?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

People can be so stupid. This wouldn't have been happening if those students had been wiser and smarter. If you want to do something, you don't do it openly which makes others aware that you are going to do something and give them a chance to stop you. You plan it secretly and keep it hidden in the 'shadows'. You gotta be more cunning, finesse, cold blooded and calculating. You don't give anyone a any slightest chance to oppose you or try to stop you, and the best chance of success is if no one knew what you were up to. You gotta be subtle, else brash behavior (unless its actually part of a bigger plan) will just get you hated.

Look at how they killed JFK, everything was planned in secret that no one was aware of it until it was too late, and even afterwards they had planned steps ahead so that the real culprits would never be truely known.

You gotta treat life and people like pieces on a chessboard and plan several steps ahead.

Look at how Heri Seldon stated PhychoHistory: the prediction of psychohistory will only come true if the people who's futures had been predicted are not aware of the prediction. Secrecy is the key to success.

But those students, they weren't looking to change anything, they just wanted their 15mins of fame, after that they aren't going to give any crap about any person living in poverty or oppression in those poor countries.

But idiot students had to go and start a riot and get themselves injured, they only have themselves to blame. So for these protestors, whatever they get, whether it be tear gas or rubber bullets or a very very very sound beating by the proper authorities (since obviously they wont listen to their parents and cant be punished by them anymore) deserve what they get.

Maybe the police should take a few of the ringleaders out and severely punish them in public, make an example of them so that the rest will obey: Sha Yi Jing Bai
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 09-07-07 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post
    People can be so stupid. This wouldn't have been happening if those students had been wiser and smarter. If you want to do something, you don't do it openly which makes others aware that you are going to do something and give them a chance to stop you. You plan it secretly and keep it hidden in the 'shadows'. You gotta be more cunning, finesse, cold blooded and calculating. You don't give anyone a any slightest chance to oppose you or try to stop you, and the best chance of success is if no one knew what you were up to. You gotta be subtle, else brash behavior (unless its actually part of a bigger plan) will just get you hated.

Look at how they killed JFK, everything was planned in secret that no one was aware of it until it was too late, and even afterwards they had planned steps ahead so that the real culprits would never be truely known.

You gotta treat life and people like pieces on a chessboard and plan several steps ahead.

Look at how Heri Seldon stated PhychoHistory: the prediction of psychohistory will only come true if the people who's futures had been predicted are not aware of the prediction. Secrecy is the key to success.

But those students, they weren't looking to change anything, they just wanted their 15mins of fame, after that they aren't going to give any crap about any person living in poverty or oppression in those poor countries.

But idiot students had to go and start a riot and get themselves injured, they only have themselves to blame. So for these protestors, whatever they get, whether it be tear gas or rubber bullets or a very very very sound beating by the proper authorities (since obviously they wont listen to their parents and cant be punished by them anymore) deserve what they get.

Maybe the police should take a few of the ringleaders out and severely punish them in public, make an example of them so that the rest will obey: Sha Yi Jing Bai
    Well actually I'm getting the live streaming from channel Seven right now, and so far no one's been violent I'm told, so I'm not sure what you mean. And some parents actually took their children along; no one's being violent. Just a peaceful march and a few chants here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    What is the organizations that is organising the protest?

What are the broad aims of the protest this time around?

Will ppl be sprayed with the newly purchased water cannons?

Han Solo
    Basically there are all sorts of organizations that are turning up today; environmental activists, anti-War activists, peace activists, are just some among many.

I suppose the general aim of the protesters is just to get their message across. The organizers say they're not going to get violent, and that it'll be a peaceful march.

The police say that they're going to use whatever means they have to to prevent things from getting out of hand ONLY IF protesters become violent. But right now, they're simply being a massive safeguard.

Well actually I'm getting the live streaming from channel Seven right now, and so far no one's been violent I'm told, so I'm not sure what you mean. And some parents actually took their children along; no one's being violent. Just a peaceful march and a few chants here and there.
    I meant if they resort to violence or anything rash

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post
    Apparently, one have to apply for a permit to protest, if it will cause serious disruptions as in this one. So the organisers need to go to the council or whoever, explain the cause etc. before being allowed to set it up.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

that and a few comedians here and there.

i think the media has played up the "violence" aspect for the sake of... well, news.

either way, i'm not complaining. A public holiday is a public holiday.

on another note, Kevin Rudd's chinese is not too shabby

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    that and a few comedians here and there.

i think the media has played up the "violence" aspect for the sake of... well, news.

either way, i'm not complaining. A public holiday is a public holiday.

on another note, Kevin Rudd's chinese is not too shabby
    You mean the chaser, right? Those guys crack me up! I didn't know today was a public holiday, no wonder our tennis centre was closed. Someone should have told me.

You mean the chaser, right? Those guys crack me up! I didn't know today was a public holiday, no wonder our tennis centre was closed. Someone should have told me.
    today is not a public holiday, but we did have an extra one on Friday. Too bad i'm not part of that area where they got the whole week off.

I thought Friday was a public holiday in Sydney. Even my friend who worked in Parramatta had a day off. It was quite good because we got to go out of the city. The CBD became a ghost town on the long weekend. But I still can't believe how our tax money is being spent on a big dinner for Bush, Howard and their so-called friends.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”