Thread: Dae Jo Yeong

Default Dae Jo Yeong

100 episodes historical drama depicting the life of Emperor Dae Jo Yeong and other heroes of the Balhae Kingdom.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/200px-Dae_Jo_Yeong.jpg')

Starring:
    Choi Soo Jong as Dae Jo Yeong
    Jung Bo Suk as Yi Hae Go
    Lee Dwok Hwa as Seol In Kwi
    Park Ye Jin as Cho Rin
    Hong Soo Hyun as Suk Young

Heard this is a great historical drama and have received pretty decent ratings in Korea.

I'm just wondering why having being aired nearly a year in Korea, this series hasn't been adapted to DVD like Joo Mong.

I'm interested to see Choi Soo Jung after his performance in Emperor of the Sea and Over the Green Fields. He's a very special actor.

It didn't have the hype that Jumong had so no foreigner purchasers have heard of it.
    It's totally unknown in SG even by Poh Kim which bought the licence for Jumong in SG.

What's its name in Hanyu Pin Yin?

100 episodes historical drama
    130 episode.

this series hasn't been adapted to DVD like Joo Mong.
    Too long. Too anti-China(Which bugs me, why did Joo Mong get foreign sales even though it too was anti-China? Because the personal charm of the lead actor was too great?)

I'm interested to see Choi Soo Jung after his performance in Emperor of the Sea
    This is basically a repeat of Haeshin(aka Emperor of The Sea). Choi Soo Jong the underdog warrior battling some evil female opponent(Lady Jammi in Haeshin and Empress Wu of Tang China in Dae Jo Yong) and their endless supply of henchmen to carve out his own kingdom.

Good news to those in Singapore, Innofom is bringing this series in November
    I can't wait to get me hands on it.

Wasn't Emperor of the Sea anti-Japanese?
    Now it's fashionable to bash China. Later it'll be fashionable to bash Japan again or is it against the Mongols?

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    130 episode.

Too long. Too anti-China(Which bugs me, why did Joo Mong get foreign sales even though it too was anti-China? Because the personal charm of the lead actor was too great?)

This is basically a repeat of Haeshin(aka Emperor of The Sea). Choi Soo Jong the underdog warrior battling some evil female opponent(Lady Jammi in Haeshin and Empress Wu of Tang China in Dae Jo Yong) and their endless supply of henchmen to carve out his own kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Wasn't Emperor of the Sea anti-Japanese?
    It was for a small joke. That scene was cut off from foreign market versions and anti-Japan was not the main theme of Haeshin, unlike Damo or Daejanggeum where anti-Japan played the central theme. Anti-Japan theme is hard to push nowadays because of Japanese market prospects, whereas Chinese market prospect is insignificant revenue wise.

For example, Yon-sama's character in Taewangsashingi was responsible for driving Yamato off the southern coast of Korea and forcing a migration to Japan, but his battles against Yamato won't be mentioned in Taewangashingi won't be mentioned at all, instead battling the Chinese that the historical king never fought.

Now it's fashionable to bash China. Later it'll be fashionable to bash Japan again or is it against the Mongols?
    Mongols won't be bashed; for some reason Koreans don't hold much grudge against Mongols. There are even some politicians calling for a federation with Mongolia.