Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jung's-Myers-Brigg's Typology

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    It is said that when you take these tests, you should go with the first answer you think of and answer it truthfully, not how you want to present yourself or you think you should answer that way. It has to be answered implusively or else it wouldn't quite as accurate.
    Actually, I think it still would not be that accurate - the best would be to let someone very close to you who knows you well inside & out to take the test for you. best friends, spouses, etc. What you thought yourself to be isn't always as true as what you potray to others on a daily basis.
    For example, many of the questions i answered was not my chosen first, instead it is one tat was based on my previous actions which I thought/remembered over.
    Last edited by f.alchemist_freak; 09-27-07 at 05:25 PM.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

INTJ too lol (which you already guessed MW)

moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Ah oh, is this gonna be some INTJ craziness on spcnet, lol.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I only scored 1 for judging personality, so I just squeaked in I think.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

At times, I would try tweaking it too see, if it have changed. Not all the time, its likely to stay true from the original.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Lol, both of you got mastermind.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

You mean, 3 of us; John-e, MW,MX[scary huh] combined called the Mysterious Wanders.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-28-07 at 10:03 AM.

I took this test last year and got INFP (Healer).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I remember taking this test in my first year of college, about three years ago. I still remember I score ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I took this test last year and got INFP (Healer).
    INFP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX71I5rkd0):

[SIZE=3]Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand iNFps, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The iNFp is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, iNFps come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the iNFps. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, iNFps can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Tutors are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when iNFps believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the iNFp, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-29-07 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_g View Post
    I remember taking this test in my first year of college, about three years ago. I still remember I score ENTP.
    ENTP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2xDC4VnN78):

[SIZE=3]Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the functional engineering or inventive role that reaches the highest development in eNTps. It is so natural for these individuals to practice devising gadgets and mechanisms, that they start doing it even as young children. And they get such a kick out of it that they really never stop exercising their inventive bent. Of course as this kind of activity is practiced some structural engineering inevitably happens, so that the next kind of skill to develop in the ENTP is that of designing. Now planning contingencies and marshalling forces, though practiced in some degree in the course of engineering activity, develop more slowly and are soon left behind by the burgeoning of talent in engineering. However, any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to both engineering and organizing skills.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] As the eNTps' engineering capabilities increase so does their desire to let others know about whatever has come of their engineering efforts. So they tend to take up an informative role in their social exchanges. On the other hand they have less and less desire, if they ever had any, to direct the activities of others, doing so only when forced to by circumstances.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] As engineers of function eNTps wish to exercise their competence in the world of people and things, and thus they deal imaginatively with social systems as well as physical and technological systems. They are very alert to what is apt to occur next-under certain conditions, if certain criteria are met-and they are always sensitive to possibilities. Found in two percent (at most) of the population, Inventors are good at functional analysis, and have both a tolerance for and enjoyment of complex problems. Outgoing and intensely curious, eNTps are apt to express interest in finding out about everything they come into contact with, and this can be a source of inspiration to others, who find themselves admiring the eNTp's insatiable hunger for knowledge. eNTps are also endlessly inventive, and are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that is the way things have always been done. They characteristically have an eye out for a better way, always on the lookout for new projects, new activities, new procedures. eNTps are confident in the value of their interests and display a charming capacity to ignore the standard, the traditional, and the authoritative. As a result of this innovative attitude, they often bring fresh, new approaches to their work and their lives.[/SIZE]

Famous ENTPs

Real ENTP People

Alexander the Great - king, military commander
    Alfred Hitchcock - filmmaker (The Birds)
    Celine Dion - singer
    David Spade - actor, comedian
    George Carlin - comedian, actor, author
    James A. Garfield - American President
    John Adams - American President
    John Candy - comedian, actor
    Julia Child - chef, author, TV personality
    Lewis Carrol - author (Alice in Wonderland)
    Marilyn Vos Savant - author, lecturer, playwright
    Matthew Perry - actor (Friends)
    Nikola Tesla - inventor, physicist, engineer
    Richard Feynman - physicist
    Rodney Dangerfield - comedian, actor
    Rutherford B. Hayes - American President
    Sir Walter Raleigh - writer, poet, explorer
    Suzanne Pleshette - actress
    Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt - American President
    Thomas Edison - inventor
    Tom Hanks - actor
    Valerie Harper - actress
    Walt Disney - filmmaker, entrepreneur
    Weird Al Yankovic - musician (satire/parody)

Fictional ENTPs (Characters)

Bugs Bunny - Looney Tunes
    Cosmo Kramer - Seinfeld
    Dr. Emmett 'Doc' Brown - Back to the Future
    Ed - Cowboy Bebop
    Mercutio - Romeo and Juliet
    Polly Prince - Along Came Polly
    Q - James Bond
    Q - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Shirley Feeney - Laverne & Shirley
    Wile E. Coyote - Road Runner (Looney Tunes)
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-29-07 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    [SIZE=3]Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand iNFps, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The iNFp is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, iNFps come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the iNFps. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, iNFps can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Tutors are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when iNFps believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the iNFp, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.[/SIZE]
    Wow, the article made it seems like INFP has really really awful childhood. Just to be clear, if this above is the fate of most INFPs, I'm the exception then. I have a happy childhood and nice parents.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Wow, the article made it seems like INFP has really really awful childhood. Just to be clear, if this above is the fate of most INFPs, I'm the exception then. I have a happy childhood and nice parents.
    Don't worry kidd, people shouldn't take these types of tests too seriously. I put them in the same category as horoscopes and palm-reading.

There's more than enough published research to shoot these things down. I raised a big stink at work when one of my bosses tried using a similar test to place people, and was able to thoroughly convince him that they are quite inaccurate - I asked him to take his test again and the results came out almost the opposite from the first one.

They are fun though, aren't they?
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    Don't worry kidd, people shouldn't take these types of tests too seriously. I put them in the same category as horoscopes and palm-reading.

There's more than enough published research to shoot these things down. I raised a big stink at work when one of my bosses tried using a similar test to place people, and was able to thoroughly convince him that they are quite inaccurate - I asked him to take his test again and the results came out almost the opposite from the first one.

They are fun though, aren't they?
    Yeap. Sure they are. This type of test really depends on many changeable variables like life experiences, mental and emotional condition during the test. I'm certainly not as idealistic as a year before after meeting several people who seem nice and caring but actually just want me to buy their stuff.

John-e,
    You took the words out of my mouth, but yeah Kidd, there is more than one of that similar article. Its only 1, so don't worry about it. Since, each person has their own unique side based on personality or commonality types; thanx for sharing.

Well here Kidd, here is a comparision of 7 different other kinds of description of your personality type: INFP http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/infp/ , interesting my professor is your polar opposite is INTP.

Oh BTW, don't feel bad, my polar opposite personality is no.1 rarest personality in the world, like less than 1%; sucks to be me, however I managed to adapted with my other fellow personality types, oh yeah INTJ's too

Enjoy the Fun, What's Your Personality Type?
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-27-07 at 11:32 PM.

Which is the most common personality with the highest %?

Here you go based on Frequency of Personality between % of males and females ratio:
    http://www.mypersonality.info/person...lation-gender/

On the side, it has your opposite personality type. As for the most common would be: ESTP (Promoter), ESFP (Performer), ESFJ (Provider), ISTJ (inspector), ISFJ (Protector), ISTP (Crafter), ISFP (Composer). Anyone who's an NT's/NF's are usually falls under uncommon or rare.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-28-07 at 12:03 AM.

I did the test just now. I find that the questions are different from the test I took last year. But I still get INFP.

very expressed introvert
    slightly expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    moderately expressed perceiving personality
    Last edited by kidd; 09-28-07 at 12:47 AM.

Yeah, you can tweak it all you want, its the basic instincts or natural trait still holds true to yourself closely assocatiated based on personality. I know for a fact from the very beginning, both our personalities traits did not fit and are total complete opposites, like way out of the ballpark; but I managed to dealt with it. After doing a personality trait comparison, while we both fell in the IN's (Cultural reasons), but I am not really an F or a P. http://community.livejournal.com/intj_/100935.html

Maybe this is why we do bump heads with each other:
    "the ultimate goal being for the NT to STOP hurting the NF and for the two to then co-exist in relative harmony with less NT indifference/coldness and less NF pushing for meaning/answers (eroentiggelman)."

I'll more closer to INTJ's[anyone in here who are INTJ's, we sure don't misread each other much often], INTP's, INFJ's, and INFP. However, anyone who is an I's or E's; I do get along quiet well.

Famous INFPs:

Real INFP People

A. A. Milne - author (Winnie the Pooh)
    Albert Schweitzer - theologian, musician, physician
    Aldous Huxley - English author
    Amy Tan - author (The Joy-Luck Club)
    Annie Dillard - author (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)
    Audrey Hepburn - actress (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
    Dick Clark - television personality
    Donna Reed - acress
    Fred Rogers - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
    Fred Savage - actor (The Wonder Years)
    George Orwell - author, journalist
    Helen Keller - deaf/blind author, activist, lecturer
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - American poet
    Isabel Myers - psychological theorist
    J. R. R. Tolkien - writer (Lord of the Rings)
    James Herriot - veterinary surgeon, writer
    James Taylor - singer-songwriter, guitarist
    John - Disciple of Jesus
    John F. Kennedy, Jr. - lawyer, journalist, publisher
    Laura Ingalls Wilder - author (Little House on the Prairie)
    Lisa Kudrow - actress ("Phoebe" on Friends)
    Luke - physician, author
    Mary - Mother of Jesus
    Mia Farrow - actress
    Neil Diamond - musician
    Peter Jackson - filmmaker (Lord of the Rings
    Princess Diana - Princess of Wales
    Scott Bakula - actor (Start Trek Enterprise)
    Tom Brokaw - television journalist
    Virgil - ancient Roman poet
    William Shakespeare - English poet and playwright

Fictional INFPs (Characters)

Anne - Anne of Green Gables
    Bastian Balthazar Bux - The Neverending Story
    Calvin - Calvin and Hobbes
    Deanna Troi - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Doctor Julian Bashir - Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Doug Funnie - Doug cartoon
    E.T. - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    Fox Mulder - X-Files
    Rocko - Rocko's Modern Life
    Tommy Pickles - Rugrats
    Wesley Crusher - Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-28-07 at 01:00 PM.

I managed to e-mail my old good friend, based on first time meeting face to face, with the true personality, too bad currently not living in the same states; I knew by the way he was talking, we are very similar in personality. Its ok, thats why internet is invented, all I know we have pretty much the same interests based on true personality, only difference he is an Extroverted and I'm an Introverted; reason we don't agrue as much, but try to educated with each other by sharing intellectual ideas.

My old good friend: ENTJ (Field Marshall) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8aLz6z5K90):

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?"

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
    TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

source:http://typelogic.com/entj.html

Then for me: INTJ (mastermind)

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the so
    social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

Source: http://typelogic.com/intj.html

Overall, its pretty cool, having a Mastermind/Field Marshall; not bad combination. Did once managed to talked up to 3hours, yeah sux on that day there was a brown-out, but it did not stopped us; just be patient and wait alittle.

So what's your personality type?
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-29-07 at 02:31 PM.