Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Justin please come back sooooooon!

i thoroughly enjoy your masterful translation of this series. in fact, I was caught reading this by my supervisor at work (while on my lunch break). frantic, I explained to him in a rush about this and he started reading it himself. Now he is up to chapter 4 and is addicted. I'm worried if he gets to the end and sees there's no more translation, he'll skin me! Pls come back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post
    Anyway I had a great Manila trip and I wanted to rest before my Japan flight later. But after reading all the nice comments, I have to put up this chapter or I will feel as guilty as Dan Meimei. So enjoy and see you all later this month.
    Seems like Justin is in Japan now ... hence the no-post from him

Quote Originally Posted by sunn View Post
    Seems like Justin is in Japan now ... hence the no-post from him
    Yes sunn, I am having a wonderful time backpacking in Japan. Will be back home on 28th so just re-read for one more week...

Thanks for all the nice comments. Finally got hold of a computer with internet and it is heart-warming to see all the wishes.

bchin22, I will do my best when I get back. Have not planned where to go in August yet... Hee hee...

Yeongwee, your description is quite true!

Very very very exciting scenes coming up next as Xiang Shaolong returns to the brothel and discovers...

Very very very exciting scenes coming up next as Xiang Shaolong returns to the brothel and discovers...
    discovers ... that Shan Rou is actually NOT dead !!!! *wishfull thinking* ... ehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by sunn View Post
    discovers ... that Shan Rou is actually NOT dead !!!! *wishfull thinking* ... ehehehe
    That would be one shocking discovery!!! I hope Shan Rou isn't dead either. She's one of the very few females I can tolerate in this novel.

Justin, hurry up and come back already!!! Hope you're having a great backpack trip. Japan is quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    That would be one shocking discovery!!! I hope Shan Rou isn't dead either. She's one of the very few females I can tolerate in this novel.

Justin, hurry up and come back already!!! Hope you're having a great backpack trip. Japan is quite expensive.
    Just check in unabridged version. Look in post #1. At least on the list only those who are still alive.
    Caution, because it contains spoiler.

Default tisk tisk

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

trying to talk Justin into cutting his trip short just to save a few $$.... shame on you skywalker
    Ali Derhamy

Will be back home on 28th so just re-read for one more week...
    Rereading!! Rereading!! From the ice princess in the bar to Mei Canniang to Zhao Ya part 1, Zhao Ya part 2, Ji Yanran, killing, dueling, sex... rereading it all... oh I'm so rereading... if only my interviewer is a wuxia fan, then we can talk about Yanran and Qin Qing instead of some business case...

Anyways Justin, have more ramen, otoro and senbe before you come back... waiting for you patiently
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    trying to talk Justin into cutting his trip short just to save a few $$.... shame on you skywalker
    I'll do whatever it takes to get Justin back here ASAP! I thought I can handle the long drought of no translation but I admit it, I'm weak and I need my drug. The 28th seems like an eternity away.

Justin please come back soon before my Boss fires me!!!!!
    He's been super edgy lately and talking about SitP is one of the few things that gets him loose and has his mind off work!!!

-Brian-

Quote Originally Posted by bchin22 View Post
    Justin please come back soon before my Boss fires me!!!!!
    He's been super edgy lately and talking about SitP is one of the few things that gets him loose and has his mind off work!!!

-Brian-
    Sorry for interupting, this is for the first time i'm able to post the comment here.
    but for sure I have monitoring the story when it first published but i've translated this story using Systran and at least i know the end of the story.

Everyone hang on! I will be back in 2 days!

Brian, look on the bright side. You have helped another person to enjoy this special piece of literature.

Everyone hang on! I will be back in 2 days!

Brian, look on the bright side. You have helped another person to enjoy this special piece of literature.

So Samsung, you have translated the whole story or just loosely without edit? Can PM me more details. I will love to translate faster for everyone but I will not compromise on quality. Honestly speaking, Jean is better than me. I am about 90 - 95% of her standard. Maybe women are more detailed hee hee.

Systran (really, all machine translations) is terrible for translation. It kills all nuance, jumbles meanings, and more. It's fine for getting the broad gist, but incomparably terrible, even edited, when compared to an actual non-machine translation...and quite frankly, editing it properly takes about as much, if not more, than a straight up translation would.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Biting nails.... withdrawal hitting...

I would much rather read the human translator versions - enjoy your vacation!

Tick Tock Tick Tock, we are counting down for your return Justin13.

Man, what I would give to backpack in Japan.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Hey everyone, I would like some feedback so I will run a poll for three days. Please log in and choose option (a) or (b) or feel free to give alternative suggestions. Thanks.

(a) I post one chapter a day and keep any surpluses. When I am away, Yeongwee or the moderators can help to post the surpluses so there is consistency and no withdrawal symptoms (Tweety you are so funny!).

(b) I post whatever I have all the time. You will get half a chapter to two chapters a day but when I am away, you will have to wait and have withdrawal symptoms but it is a good time to re-read the previous chapters.
    Tsk, tsk, more people should have voted for option A. But I have to admit, I read every single word Justin posted and didn't save the chapters for later reading.

Default systran's way for ending of the story

a sample from the translation done by systran

click to show/hide spoilers
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext]Postscript [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The earth very fast flows swiftly under the horse's hoof toward the rear area.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong and three Brother Wu Zhuo, Teng Yi, Jing Jun three people to forget kindnesses in the carpet of green grass, in the vast prairie full speed rides speeds along.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Under north the blue sky white clouds, front half mile Xu Chu a crowd of near thousand wild horse group frightened under lives runs away.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] In four populations sends out drinks the cry, will clamp the horse to change, to pursue will come up.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong division makes two groups.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] A group circles toward the front, compels the horse leader who takes the lead to change the direction, another group pursues in the rear area.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] After catching up with has chased a meeting, Ma Qun by the whip is compelled runs away to the river, tours toward the opposite shore.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong and so on curbs a horse stands firm, yells: “child! Looked at your ability.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The opposite shore solicits presents Wu Guo, Wu Yan, Zhao Da, Liu Chao and so on an audiences more than hundred person, everybody is grasping the rope, waited for jubilantly the horse delivers the gate.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong Da is interested to look that brothers under seize the wild horse, acclaims: “eldest brother understands really chooses the place, here size rivers irrigation, the water source is everywhere abundant, the soil is fertile, the forage grass is luxuriant, is really the world scenic place.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Wu Zhuohuan the item takes a fast look around the limitless grass wave, is smelling the fragrance which the green grass transmits, says with a smile: when “initially I arrived at here, in the heart quite a little we are compelled the self-exile taste. But lives now down. Killed me not to be willing to leave here again.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Jing Junhu to separates the shore to yell: “that pure white! I want that pure white!”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Teng Yi sees that smiles said: “this boy, Dan has had three sons, two daughters for him, still looked like a long under big child.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The toward evening, the people return home with a full load, spread return to the battalion which now goes hunting.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Ji Yanran , Qin Qing , Wu Tingfang, Zhao Zhi, Tian Zhen, Tian Feng, Zhou Wei, the Shan Lan, Lu er and so on is sitting in a pitch, looks that slope land-flora more than 30 lie between progresses ten to 15 year-old boy girl to pursue the polo happy.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Laughing sound direct impact sky.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] One is Xiang Bao’er.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] He is long is sturdier than any child, Dai Yingyu makes the beautiful hat, the heavy features, have the individuality extremely.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] By now he was bending down down from the horse body by the stick ball control, everybody could not under take away from him the ball.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] In their under foot, the boundless prairie extends the horizon, imitates like a piece of deep green big carpet.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] More than hundred tents stand erect the same place, the smoke from kitchen chimneys slow, more than ten women are lighting a fire to cook, wait the husband son to come back to enjoy.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The chart, Xiao Yuetan two people are chatting on the ground first, the vision often patrols toward here.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The audiences female saw brilliant place, claps to call happy unceasingly. In which calls by Wu Tingfang and Lu er fiercely.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Qin Qing has pushed the one's side Ji Yanran suddenly, said joyfully: “my lord adult came back.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The audiences female look out into the distance the plain place, more than hundred sunspots are expanding gradually, the hoof sound transmits faintly.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The Ji Yanran exhilaration gets up suddenly, stands shouts tenderly: “who is willing to greet the soldier with me who we triumphal return?”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The numerous children lay down the ball play early, is accompanied by a retinue riding welcomes toward the return.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] For a while hoof acoustic shock day.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The Ji Yanran summons have all person's support immediately. All rise the horseback, next meeting already on prairie and their man juncture. Returns to the battalion together.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The children complacently take the lead before.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong Yu Ji Yanran , Qin Qing and so on slow rides, but the line, explodes not without reason said: “the God waits us to be firmly munificent, before that had thought may cross this kind of carefree happy day.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The qin said clear: “must have our kind of experience, only will then understand that this kind of prairie life precious, valuable that kid, must return to the area south of Yellow River likely on Chang Rang to go to the experience world.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Wu Tingfang the resentment said: “later you should better to him do not say again the area south of Yellow River the matter, related Chu country, valuable most has liked is there in particular, is really beyond comprehension.”Xiang Shaolong says with a smile: “each person always has his dream, because our dream has become the fact, therefore is glad to An Xiang to vainly hope. Valuable is only tracks down his dream! We namely should not prevent, should not the exact he also settle in ours dream.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The Ji Yanran said joyfully: “my lord said really interestingly to listen to, valuable the dream is turns the space the hawk, may hover at will, flies earth any jiao to go.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Zhao Zhi says with a smile: “everybody favor him awfully, indeed! Small loyal and the small Feng favored him to go too far.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Tian Zhen and Tian Feng is said tenderly covers the mouth to smile, a face happy joyful color.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The Ji Yanran recalls to mind something to say with a smile likely: “almost forgot to tell you the personhood father. Valuable disliked that own name are too excessively childish, must reform another name.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong is not offended said joyfully: “changes is assorted the name also to be possible, so long as is the surname item becomes.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Wu Tingfang feigns makes the vitality saying:“valuable, but I, is his infant name!”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The discipline continues Yanran said: “I see him such to love the hawk. Then the proposition gives him hawk's wrongly-written character.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong ha says with a smile: “item of hawk! Pours is very good!”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The qin scavenges: “your this is the father not to know really child's idea, he disliked the hawk character too crosses likely the animal, laughs at him shyly, oneself change the `feather' the character”.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong shaken curbs a horse stops, loses one's voice called out: “is assorted?”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The audiences female and Teng Yi et al. none who does not in consternation stop, in vision complete works to his body on.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong this time in the heart has started the dreadful tide.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Yu?[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] How could it not be is fights for the world with Liu Bang, finally accompanies beautiful woman Yu Ji to suicide in Wu River's Chu overlord Xiang Yu?[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Is actually this is assorted the identical?[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Is only the same surname coincidence of the same name.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] If however the computing time, this matter has the possibility greatly firmly.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] In the history, the Qin dynasty undergoes two th to destroy.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] By wins the politics to mount position of the crown prince, 37 years later the southern tour dies of illness the sand dune. Then Qin two th take a seat, three years perish. His son “Xiang Yu” should be over 30 years old at that time, just when maturity.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] People's cry awakens him.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Ji Yanran doubts said: “my lord adult does not like this name? But valuable is actually delighted, if you want him to change other name. We may not say with him that you went with him to reach an agreement.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong has gotten back one's composure, was pondering over that shoulds to make the warning in advance to the precious son. For example meets when is called Liu Bang the person, immediately brandishes a sword has killed him.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] As soon as he changes one's mind thought that vertical is knows historical the development. Finally is not cannot change slightly the historical development.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Because the destiny ever not the human diligently or the will has the iota to change moves.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The people think oneself in the creation destiny, all because they simply did not know that the destiny walks toward that direction, is assorted the identical.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Only has itself to be able to realize a taste deeply.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Own “the son” Xiao Pan has established in the Qin empire, own another” the son” Xiang Yu ruins the Qin Empire empire.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The qin knits the brows clear: “my lord adult was thinking that is assorted!”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong laughs suddenly said: “I have thought through.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The gland wing's sound passes on said: “three younger brothers thought through have been assorted?”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong Fenran said: “Xiang Bao’er later will be Xiang Yu.”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The people laugh in spite of trying not to with one voice.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The Ji Yanran face is puzzled said that “this must think through or not think through?”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Behind before Xiang Shaolong Congyi collected, fragrant her powder face one, said with a smile: “how do I think through am become, defeat how. Success defeat basic of no account, so long as can imposing live, leaves behind the fine reputation in the history which the eternity will not extinguish. Then did not lose this to live!”[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The people are a face are vacant, how wants to obtain him to refer is the son future became famous passes on the eternity the Chu overlord Xiang Yu incident.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] Xiang Shaolong heroic feelings ten thousand ten feet of laughing, progress, puts the hoof has morning gone” Xiang Yu” Zhu Hai to hurry.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The people drink greatly in abundance urge the horse, was pursuing.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=gray][COLOR=windowtext] The troops and the entire earth synthesize a body, in the setting sun grand rosy cloud color, is jointly operated the picture scroll which fills happy and laughs heartily.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

WARNING: Do NOT put in spoilers without spoiler tags. -- MODERATORS
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 07-26-10 at 11:23 PM.

Awww! Come on....post it with a spoiler alert.....
    "I may walk slowly but I'm walking forward"

somebody remove this and ban teh guy...also spoiler alert
    "The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
    -Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides