Page 14 of 321 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by rati4u View Post
    hey jean! did u hear that? your cliff hangers are making people go insane..heeeee...tweety is so excited about the fight, of course me too! pls dont tease us! and thx in advance
    Hah. they need more internal energy to resist the cliffhangers Think of being able to meditate next to two women who have just taken a very powerful aphrodisiac. Now think about what might happen next if you were there.

See? More internal energy required, guys.

My location? Anywhere with lots of bunnies. Dead bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by disrupt View Post
    Hah. they need more internal energy to resist the cliffhangers Think of being able to meditate next to two women who have just taken a very powerful aphrodisiac. Now think about what might happen next if you were there.

See? More internal energy required, guys.
    You're right. Even though I'm a girl myself, I wouldn't be able to compose myself like Xiang Shao Long. Time to go practice now.
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

to continue.....

The King of Zhao sat alone at his dragon throne, overlooking his subjects. He laughed long and loud and said, “The State of Zhao started with a military background, and we have a lot of famous generals, Zhao Shuai, Zhao Dun, Zhao Wu were our distinguished forefathers, their military exploits unparalleled at their time. After they established the country, those without military contributions cannot be appointed officials. If not for their advocating of military strength, our country would have been long gone.”

Everyone voiced their agreement.

The King of Zhao looked at them with pride, and his gaze settled on Lian Jin, and said happily, “I did not expect that such a tiny state of Wei, would actually produce an invincible swordsman.”

Lian Jin hurriedly went to his table, knelt down and bowed his head, “There is only Great Zhao in my heart now. As long as your Majesty gives a command, I am willing to lay down my life without a word.”

Master Wu secretly gave a cold snort, obviously he despised him because he defected to Zhao Mu’s side.

Maybe the King of Zhao has been influenced by Zhao Mu, his attitude towards him changed greatly and he said joyfully, “We must use the talented, as long as you’re loyal to me, I will certainly treat you well.”

Lian Jin as ecstatic and hurriedly voiced out his promise.

The King of Zhao raised his voice to ask, “Where is Xiang Shaolong?”

Xiang Shaolong gave a slight smile and answered as he walked out and knelt opposite Lian Jin. He greeted loudly, “Xiang Shaolong pays respect to my King.”

The King of Zhao’s eyes brightened, and said, “You single handedly defeated 800 horse thieves with your wits, and you’re loyal and brave. For your comrade’s sake, you risked your life to stay behind and fight the enemy. This act has brought up the fame of Great Zhao, I am very impressed with you.”

Xiang Shaolong hurriedly voiced his gratitude and modesty, but in his heart he was secretly laughing that the story is getting more and more exaggerated.

The King of Zhao smiled with satisfaction, “The two of you are the dragons among men. I want you to come into the Palace for a duel, because I want you to become our country’s role model, and spread the spirit of martial arts so that they will have the ability to kill our enemies to repay the country.”

The two of them agreed unanimously.

The King of Zhao laughed loudly and said, “I, as well as my officials, are all impatient to watch your display of legendary swordplay. But you must remember that this is just an exchange of pointers, you must not endanger each other. I will appoint the winner as imperial swordsman immediately, and he will be able to lead an army into battle.”

Zhao Mu raised his voice, “Your Majesty, I have a suggestion.”

The King of Zhao replied in surprise, “Marquis Ju Lu, please speak.”

Zhao Mu stood up and said respectfully, “If your Majesty decrees that they cannot endanger each other in this duel, they will certainly not dare to go against your orders and will control themselves in the duel. That way, it’ll be difficult for them to fully show off their sword skill, would your Majesty please reconsider.”

On hearing this, Lady Ya’s body trembled. She stood up and fluttered, “Knives and swords are emotionless, if a life is lost, won’t it turn a joyous affair into a sad one.”

The King of Zhao looked at Lady Ya in bafflement and said, “Imperial Sister, Official Zhao please take a seat, I know what to do.”

Zhao Mu stared coldly at her before returning to his seat. He was feeling secretly overjoyed, because Zhao Ya’s reaction tells him that Xiang Shaolong was really drugged, and she is clearer about that more than anyone else.

By now everyone in the hall knows that there is something wrong with Xiang Shaolong.

The King of Zhao looked at Master Wu and asked nonchalantly, “Does Master Wu have any thoughts about this?”

Master Wu secretly thought to himself, if Xiang Shaolong lost because of women, he can only blame himself and he’ll be better off dead. But if he can kill Lian Jin, he’ll be able to help appease this anger he felt, and he nodded in agreement, “Shaolong once told me, he only knows how to kill, and is not well versed in performing swordplay at all. So if you want to see his real skills, we should not limit him at all.”

By saying that, he’s obviously means that this is going to be a duel to the death.

Lady Ya’s body trembled, and finally wept over her own stupidity. Xiang Shaolong saw this, and his despise for her lessened a little.

Everyone in the hall became excited and were talking amongst themselves eagerly.

“Dang!”

It was the sound of the cup shattering, and the atmosphere was immediately serious.

After the King of Zhao threw the cup onto the ground, he said coldly, “To kill the enemy, is to use your life as a stake. The way of battles, is the way of life and death. Fine! I will not impose any restrictions, the winner will be my imperial swordsman.”

Xiang Shaolong and Lian Jin who were in front of the dragon throne agreed at the same time.

The King of Zhao cried out, “The duel begins.”

The hall was deathly quiet, silently waiting for a good show to start.

I bet you guys are waiting for a good show to start as well.

Oh no!!! My heart just skipped several beats... Jean o Jean, I haven't really cultivated enough internal energy just yet to calm down my nerves. hehehe

These Cliffhangers --- the mark of a true and perfect story teller!! no matter, THANKS A LOT AND MORE POWER TO YOU... i see a translation coming very soon...very very sooooooon!!!

well, being the hero of the story, XSL obviously won't die. just wondering if he will win. hoping the scumbag lian jin dies .

jean, i check this thread so often, waiting for the update. you're killing my nerves! i can't stand it anymore. all i have to say is that the duel better be worth all this waiting. if it's anything like gu long's writing

thanks again for doing such a wonderful job with the translation

dear jean! one more itching cliff hanger! cant handle this suspense! jean o jean, i wonder how you tell stories to your kids!

Quote Originally Posted by rati4u View Post
    dear jean! one more itching cliff hanger! cant handle this suspense! jean o jean, i wonder how you tell stories to your kids!
    The same way everyone tells stories to their kids, I guess - a little every night This way even our children can become masters at cultivating themselves!

I'm so glad this isn't Gu Long. We'll actually get a real battle instead of a few one-liners blowing off the whole fight =)

to continue.....

Lady Ya fell into the arms of her sister Lady An, who was next to her, unable to witness the horrific scene where Xiang Shaolong will be killed.

Wu Tingfang’s face turned pale and she leaned towards her father and asked, “He won’t lose, right!”

“Clang!”

Lian Jin pulled out his famed Golden Ray Sword and stood steadily in the middle of the hall and took a bow, a smile seemingly on his face.

Xiang Shaolong stood up, took off his robe with one hand and threw it aside, revealing the warrior’s clothes specially designed for him by Shu’er and the 4 maids. The clothes made him look even more broad and heroic.

Everyone felt that Lian Jin was good looking and heroic, but on comparison, Xiang Shaolong had a little more upright and valiant air about him, making the men sigh in compliment and the women lose their hearts.

When Xiang Shaolong drew his wooden sword, everyone gasped in surprise.

He stood next to Lian Jin and bowed with the sword.

The King of Zhao asked surprisingly, “Shaolong is using the wooden sword to duel, aren’t you afraid of being at a disadvantage?”

Xiang Shaolong smiled a little and replied suavely, “Your Majesty, do not worry. This wooden sword is made specially for me, it’s not afraid of any swords or sharp weapons.”

Lian Jin was secretly sniggering to himself, let’s see how capable this empty shell can be now.

Lady Ya can’t help but raise her head and took a peep at him. Looking at him standing so heroically, she felt even more guilty and collapsed into Lady An’s arms again, unable to bear taking another look.

If one must find someone who is in most pain there, she must be the one.

Before Xiang Shaolong, Zhao Mu is the one who controls her heart, and ever since Zhao Gua died in the battle of Changping, Zhao Mu took the opportunity and conquered her.

Initially Zhao Mu was very taken with her mesmerizing body, but in less than a year his attention was taken by pretty men and women from other countries. These few years he treated her hot and cold, so due to loneliness and revenge, she began a wanton life hunting for men. Only when she met Xiang Shaolong, did she manage to slowly replace Zhao Mu.

This time she was tried by Zhao Mu to deal with Xiang Shaolong, on one hand because she’s afraid of his control, afraid that he will harm Xiang Shaolong and spoil their good times together. But more importantly, subconsciously she is used to obeying his orders, which resulted in her silly decision and causing her much hate and regret.

After Zhao Mu snatched her from Xiang Shaolong’s hand yesterday morning, he used all his ways, drugs and skilled ministrations, combined with threats and benefits. After having fun with her for more than half a day, he finally succeeded in getting her to proceed with his devious plan.

The deal is he will not hurt Xiang Shaolong, and after the duel he will help her and Xiang Shaolong get together and will never harass her again.

Now of course she has realized that Zhao Mu had lied to her.

Right at this nerve breaking point, Zhao Mu laughed and said, “Since ancient times heroes have been matched with beauties. To increase the excitement, and to make everyone in our country understand your Majesty’s ideals in developing martial arts, I have another suggestion.”

The King of Zhao really treats this ‘lover’ of his differently, and said, “Marquis Ju Lu’s suggestions have always been very good, say it quickly!”

Zhao Mu’s sharp eyes swept past the whole hall and said slowly, “I suggest that the winner of the duel today, will be able to choose any one of the beauties in this hall as his wife. In this way he gets both beauty and official appointment, won’t it be the best thing in the world. I ask that your Majesty approve.

Everyone made a ruckus.

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but secretly praise Zhao Mu for his plans. He could see through his devious plot. Obviously, if Lian Jin defeats him, he will be able to take Wu Tingfang for himself, and by then he can offer her to Zhao Mu. Zhao Mu would then get what he wants.

Master Wu’s expression immediately changed. He can tell what the other’s nefarious plan is, but is in a difficult position to voice opposition. Because that would imply that the winner will certainly choose his granddaughter, and indirectly mean that Wu Tingfang is the prettiest among all, the other beauties are all not qualified.

The King of Zhao was a little stunned on hearing this, and thought of Wu Tingfang. He secretly felt that if he did not convey this order, it would tell everyone here that he is afraid of Master Wu. He was silent for a moment before raising his head heavenward and laughed, “The sword will win the beauty. This way, the palace duel tonight will be the talk for centuries to come. I will follow Marquis Ju Lu’s suggestion, the winner will be able to choose from here any lady without a betrothal to become his wife.”

Once he has spoken, this became a set deal.

Everyone’s attention returned to Xiang Shaolong and Lian Jin.

Lian Jin could not conceal the look of happiness on his face. He and Zhao Mu made a secret agreement that Zhao Mu will have Wu Tingfang for the first 3 days, and in future this beauty will belong to him. It may not be perfect, but it’s a lot better than not being able to have her at all.

Xiang Shaolong on the other hand is so calm that it borders on emotionless, having entered into the realm of calmness of the Mozi swordplay.

“Dang!”

The duel began.

Last edited by Jean; 11-28-07 at 03:38 AM.

AGRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ARGH! GO FINISH THAT! NOW!!!!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Argh... the suspense is killing us!

C'mon peeps, you all know that XS will dispatch him with a single stroke of the wooden sword.

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much..................jean!!! if i get a chance, i will settle this score with you .....took us to the cliff's edge and stopped thr!!! come jean, lets have a duel

This is not exactly Gu Long. The only thing we know for sure is there's gonna be a wild party for Xiang Shaolong afterwards!

"Initially Zhao Gua was very taken with her mesmerizing body, but in less than a year his attention was taken by pretty men and women from other countries."

It's Zhao Mu instead of Zhao Gua here right? Couldn't resist reading about the duel with my crappy chinese, it's going to be more than 1 or 2 sentences.

Hahaha... gotta get use to cliff hangers coz there will be alot of duels in later story. It's getting more intense & interesting now!

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter
    "Initially Zhao Gua was very taken with her mesmerizing body, but in less than a year his attention was taken by pretty men and women from other countries."
    Yeah, it's Zhao Mu.

OH GOD.... I'M FEELING SORRY FOR THE PERSON WHO WILL MESS WITH MY PC TOMORROW BEFORE I READ THE NEXT UPDATE FROM THE MASTER STORY TELLER / TRANSLATOR === JEAN!!!

Come on Jean, let's the duel finish before you go to bed .....

You know Jean, if there is anything you have wanted to demand from the members here, now is the time to do it.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!