Page 16 of 321 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

100 catties? That's some crazy pomegranate tree. The wooden sword weighs as much as YG's heavy iron sword! I believe it when it says Lian Jin died.

Seriously, what type of wood is that dense?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Damn! Damn, that was a good fight! Bastard Lian Jin had it coming. But I am a bit surprised that his death came this early. Usually baddies like him get to live till the end or near the end of the story. I applaud Huang Yi for doing away with him. I wonder what prompted TVB to prolong his role.

Anyway, I'm sure more evil perverts will appear as the story carries on. Already that disgusting freak, Zhao Mu, is on my hit list. Hope he's next to go.

Jean, all praises to you for an awesome job!

Lian Jin could only easily die because of my support to xsl through my dream ....
    So ... surprise .....

Anyway, thanks Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I wonder what prompted TVB to prolong his role.

Anyway, I'm sure more evil perverts will appear as the story carries on. Already that disgusting freak, Zhao Mu, is on my hit list. Hope he's next to go.

Jean, all praises to you for an awesome job!
    Shortage of funds to hire another capable actor?

Yes, there will be plenty of villains coming up as the story progressed.

Can't say enough of thanks to Jean - really a wonderful translation!

Ebony? But I only heard of it in comics, an ebony katana in Change Guy and in the Elder Scrolls game series.

That was a beautiful fight! Jean - I heart you too!!!!

lol the comments on this thread are funny...thanks for giving me a laugh guys

and to sehseh: yes, there are often times i wonder the same thing when watching tvb shows :P

good call on the ebony too - according to wikipedia, ebony is one of the few woods to sink in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    On hearing this, Lian Jin felt a rush of anger attacking his heart, spurted out a mouthful of fresh blood and collapsed on the ground. His stance was like he was kow-towing in prayer, and died on the spot.
    haha, I completely missed that the first time around... multitasking again...

We _already_ know what kind of wood it is. It's made from a 1000 year old pomegranate tree. XSL was told that when he was given the sword.

Incidentally, the densest wood in the world is the Black Ironwood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ironwood) which has a specific gravity of 1.49. In comparison, untempered iron has a specific gravity of about 7; that's over 4 times as dense.

Personally I find giving XSL a wooden sword like that to be pretty ridiculous. It serves its purpose to make his opponents underestimate him a bit, but that weapon might as well be a precious sword. XSL is also pretty amazing to be able to swing around a nearly 130 pound club around. A Zweihander, an enormous sword nearly 6 feet long that can easily bludgeon you to death with the flat, weighs less than 10 pounds in comparison. According to the wiki, a ceremonial one, weighing 16 pounds, is already too heavy for actual combat.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 11-30-07 at 01:45 PM.

=== a very beautiful fight sequence.... great translation... perfect timing..
    === i'll say it again > I LOVE YOU JEAN!!!

thank you so much really. always eagerly waiting your updates. keep them up please!!

Yes talapathy and a log of wood that can be used as a sowrd.
    Now it all makes sense to me...
    thanks Jean for this highly educational thread...

to continue.....

Book 2 Chap 4 – Regaining what was lost

That night the Wu’s castle was decorated festively, everyone was in a celebratory mood, making merry with songs and dances.

The only dejected person is Wu Hei. After Master Wu gave him a thorough scolding, he chased him out of the house. All his men will be transferred to Tao Fang who gained great merit by recommending Xiang Shaolong.

In the mansion, Master Wu’s wife and his favored concubines, 17 sons and their families all attended the celebratory feast. On top of that there were his 20 odd daughters and their husband’s families, together with other relatives, there were over a thousand people gathered in the hall, the atmosphere festive.

The ecstatic Wu Tingfang dragged her husband and after seeing her Mother, she dragged and introduced him to relatives and friends, causing Xiang Shaolong much confusion and headache. Like what Tao Fang said, besides Wu Yingyuan, the rest are unable to account to much accomplishment, only interested in merry-making.

Amidst the talking and laughter, Tao Fang came over to call him aside. They came to a small study at the back courtyard. Master Wu and Wu Yingyuan are already waiting there.

The four of them sat down on the mat facing one another.

Master Wu clapped his shoulder and said, “Yingyuan told me what happened. Shaolong, not only are your sword skill unparalleled, but you’re wittier than others, or else the situation now will be totally opposite.”

Xiang Shaolong heard that his tone is warm, apparently he is already regarding him as his grandson-in-law, so he hurriedly expressed his gratitude.

A fog came over Master Wu’s expression and he said somberly, “Yingyuan told me that you have the blood of Qin in you. If it was in the past, I will certainly be very unhappy, but today I feel exceptionally close to you.”

He continued emotionally, “No matter how much effort I have put in for Zhao, the Zhaos will still treat me with suspicion. What happened to Lian Jin this time is proof of that.”

He took a glance at everyone and sighed, “To think that years ago before Wei’s Shang Yang went to Qin, the Qins have not discarded vulgarity. Fathers, sons, brothers and aunts, daughters all slept in the same room. It’s all due to Shang Yang’s reforms that made Qin leap into one of the strongest states. But look how a foreigner like him ended up. Once King Xiao passed away, his successor immediately had him killed by having 5 ox dismember his body. Hai! Now I am starting to believe what Yingyuan has said, sooner or later we will face the same fate.”

Tao Fang added, “Luckily Shaolong is now up and coming, and can dispel this disadvantageous position of ours for the time being.”

Wu Yingyuan replied, “I’m afraid Zhao Mu will come up with another plan now that this one has failed. He will surely find a way to harm Shaolong, and we must not let our guards down against Prince Shaoyuan as well.

Master Wu gave a cold snort, “What they want is the Wu family’s riches and women. Humph! I am not one who will offer my neck to be chopped. Now that the Zhaos have revealed that they are going to deal with me, and with that Guo Zhong at the side fanning the fire, we must now plan for a rainy day so that we will not be caught off guard when the time comes.”

Wu Yingyuan replied, “Father do not worry! With Shaolong, it’s like adding a tiger to our strength, the Zhaos will not dare to make any hasty moves. Besides for the past 10 years, I have always used the advantage of being able to travel outside to plan for our future. Now that I have some headway, I will be able to present to you the whole plan very soon for your consideration.”

After Master Wu complimented his son, he turned towards Shaolong and said, “Today is your big day, we’ll find a good date within these few days and let you and Fang’er marry immediately. You can put your mind at ease and relax and enjoy yourself, the other matters can be put aside first.”

He added with a smile, “Now Tao Fang will take you to see someone, that is the reward you deserve.”

Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic and hurriedly thanked him.

Tao Fang walked with him towards the courtyard behind the castle and said emotionally, “If I have not met you, the one being chased away today would not have been Wu Hei, but me, Tao Fang.”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “Is Master Tao really a Zhao, why would the Wu father and son trust you so much?”

Tao Fang replied, “Actually I’m not really sure who I am as well. If not for the previous generation’s master who took me in, I’m afraid I would have starved to death on the streets. Therefore even if I have to lay down my life for the Wu family, I will not have a word of complaint.”

Xiang Shaolong was astounded.

By now the two of them has reached a bungalow built with its back to the hills, and they could see lights inside.

Tao Fang said, “From tonight onwards, this house would be your home. After Grand Young Miss become yours, she will move here as well.”

Xiang Shaolong saw that this house is surrounded by woods, and is very happy with it.

Tao Fang pushed him towards the front courtyard and laughed, “Enjoy yourself! But if Grand Young Miss comes looking for you, even Master would not be able to hold her back.” He left after saying these words.

Xiang Shaolong stepped on the gravel and he has not even reached the main door when Chunying, Xiaying, Qiuying and Dongying, the 4 pretty maids came out together and knelt at the 2 sides, saying together, “We pay our respects to Master.”

Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic and he reached out his hands and pinched each of their faces, but suddenly he thought of the ill-fated Shu’er and Su Nu.

Now that Lian Jin has died under his sword, only that Prince Shaoyuan and Zhao Mu remains.

The 4 maids were understanding, and on seeing his distraught expression, they wept together with him as well.

Xiang Shaolong forced himself to look happy and cajoled the 4 maids. Once he stepped into the house, he saw that the decorations were exquisite, warm and comfortable.

Xiaying is the most petite among them, about 16 to 17 years old, and she’s the prettiest as well. She came up to him and whispered in his ear, “There’s someone waiting for Master in the room.”

Chun, Xia, Qiu and Dong!!??? Come on....Huang Yi should be more creative than this! I would have come up with Xien, Tian, Suan and Lak!
    "I may walk slowly but I'm walking forward"

Translationg speeding ? Like it very much ... Always says thanks Jean....

woah Jean!! This is an awesome story!!
    thank so much for your effort. I am betting the someone is one of XSL's past ladies... hahahaa...... but there are too many to name.. mmmm

well again some romance is on its way....is it the girl whom Tao Fang has given away to some body else?.......jean, if you write a story, dont add too many cliff hangers while romance is going on .... hehehehe

i just have this very bad feeling that XSL's women will have disastrous endings. take for example wu tingfang. it's definitely not a good thing to have a powerful sadistic bisexual lusting after her. that man gives me the creeps . i do not want to be in her shoes.

jean, i love your updates. keeps me anxious to know what will happen next. i look forward to your translations every day . thanks for putting in so much time and effort to translate

Is it Ting Fangshi?

yeah, as someone said, here's the after duel party....

Xiang Shaolong felt heat rising up his heart, reached out his hand and grabbed her bosom before walking towards the room.

He had just pushed the door open when a fiery ball ran into his arms, the dainty body trembling, with tears of joy flowing down. Who else can it be but the long gone Ting Fangshi.

The old flame of desire started burning high.

Words were replaced but hot and wet kisses. This couple who had missed each other for so long caressed each other madly, removing the obstacles of clothing who has no place being there for each other.

Under the light of the burning lamp, they used the most vigorous movements to express the love they felt for each other, joined together as one in the most intimate way possible between a man and a woman.

In this moment, every inch of their skin belongs to the other, there is no holding back at all.

The sexy and alluring Ting Fangshi totally opened up her beautiful body, accepting her lover’s most violent and intoxicating attacks.

The joy took her soul to the peak of happiness, her soul was besotted, she screamed madly, using her body and mind to make this man, who has caused her endless tears for the last 6 months, happy.

She has now received her reward.

While at the peak of her joy, this mature and voluptuous beauty’s convulsed, and uncontrollably twined herself around Xiang Shaolong’s perfect male body like an octopus, using all the strength in her limbs to hold on to him tightly.

Xiang Shaolong lied comfortably on her body, licking the tears on her face and asked, “Where have you been all these time?”

With her face still blushing, Ting Fangshi panted, “Right here, but not in this pretty house.”

Xiang Shaolong asked in surprise, “Didn’t Tao Fang said you’ve been given away?”

As long as Ting Fangshi can hug him, she can forget about what happened in the past. She said, “Do not blame Master Tao, he has been protecting me all along. Ever since we thought the horse thieves killed you, Master made me into a dance courtesan. But because of Master Tao, I’ve always received special treatment and I do not have to accompany guests. Then you came back alive, and even defeated the bad person, I was so excited I could die.”

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “This I know too well.”

Ting Fangshi wriggled coquettishly.

Xiang Shaolong felt his desire burning again, and was about to launch another attack when Qiuying’s voice could be heard calling from outside, “Master! Grand Young Miss is here.”

Xiang Shaolong kissed Ting Fangshi and said, “Have some sleep first, I’ll be right back.”

Ting Fangshi nodded her head like a little lamb. Xiang Shaolong can’t help but grope her a little more before walking out of the room satisfied, and bumped right into Wu Tingfang who was walking over.

Wu Tingfang hugged him and stretched her head to look into the naked splendor in the room and laughed, “Have you just done your naughty deed?”

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “That’s right! But it’s not the end yet.” He bent over and carried her up and went back into the room.

Ting Fangshi was so startled she hurriedly knelt down and paid her respects.

Wu Tingfang’s slender hands twined around Xiang Shaolong’s neck and she looked at the naked Ting Fangshi and half sighed, “Dispense with courtesy. Our husband is the rudest person in this world, so we can forget about any semblance of courtesy.”

It was followed by joyous mating, endless loving.

The next day, before the sun rose, Tao Fang came and woke him up to go to the Palace immediately to see the King of Zhao and accept his new appointment.

Although Wu Tingfang and Ting Fangshi woke up with him, but after last night, their bodies doesn’t seem to obey their wishes and they couldn’t get out of bed.

Xiang Shaolong was secretly cursing that even in this era with no alarm clocks, he still has to suffer the pain of waking up early. The 4 maids hurriedly helped him freshen up and change before he went on his way with Tao Fang.

Ever since they reached Handan, this is the first time he woke up so early. It turns out that there’s a lot of people who wakes up even earlier than them. Besides the farmers and herdsmen heading towards the market, they also saw troops of Zhao soldiers on their morning exercise, walking briskly and neatly past them as they shouted commands. All these activities added some excitement to this morning city.

Tao Fang rode in with him, his eyes tired and said, “I had a little too much to drink last night, and had some fun with 2 dance courtesans. I’m still having a bit of a headache now. I have to admit old age even if I didn’t want to, in the past I can have 7 girls in a row and I won’t feel anything.”

Xiang Shaolong exclaimed hoarsely, “7?” and thought to himself that either his memory is failing him, or he’s boasting. He only had 2 girls last night and now his back still feels a little stiff. If it’s 7 women, he might even have problem getting up the horse now.

When men talks about such matters, none will want to belittle themselves. Tao Fang said quietly, “If you don’t believe me you can ask Eldest Young Master, he was in the room next to mine that night and said that he could hear their moans all night. Hai! If only there’s a pill to return one to one’s youth.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought, do I really have to ask my Father-in-law, is it true that on a certain date on a certain night, Master Tao was in a room next to you doing it with 7 women and making them scream the whole night? He can’t help but smile at this thought.

By now the two of them has passed through Lady Ya’s enormous residence and turned into the main road in Handan, going towards the Palace. The sky is slowly getting brighter.

Tao Fang saw Lady Ya’s residence and said, “I thought Zhao Ya would come and look for you last night, but I didn’t expect my guess to be wrong.”

Xiang Shaolong also felt a little lost. Because he thought as well that Zhao Ya will not let him off last night, then he will be able to humiliate her so as to appease his anger at her for obeying Zhao Mu. But things did not happen to his expectations and now he is past his anger. He thought of how she opposed without concern about herself, Zhao Mu’s suggestion last night about having no restrictions in the duel. Obviously she loves him more than Zhao Mu, and he can’t help but miss her a little.

When they went past the city gates, all the guards saluted Xiang Shaolong, making him feel what his status is like now, and at the same time he thought that if he has to start work so early everyday in future, he would have to give up all merry-making at night.

When the two of them came to the plaza outside Chaoyang Hall where the King of Zhao meets his officials, they saw the steps outside the hall was filled with officials and generals in their official robes, chatting amongst themselves in small groups. The atmosphere was serious with an underlying ease.

Zhao Mu was talking to a few generals when he saw the two of them walking over. After greeting one another, Zhao Mu looked as if nothing has happened and said warmly, “Master Tao please return, you can hand Shaolong over to me, I will settle everything for him.”

After Tao Fang cast a look at Xiang Shaolong, he left helplessly.