Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

No. 2 again? OK. Back to the big battle.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

4th ,,

Thank's a lot Jean

Been out on a Business Trip,, can't really fathom this but Balik 1st WOW ,, congrats bro

and for this time " HA HA"
    Last edited by tu22m3f1; 08-23-11 at 03:39 AM.

This game is not fun anymore. It's like, no one discuss the story anymore!!

Will discuss it later, though.

Wow the competition still hot ..... ! Just wait for my turn ... someday.
    And today I want to say thank you so much to our Lady Jean.

Update's Rumble:

It is become too easy for XSL to win war these days. He is like a veteran general. Even surpassing Mao Ai. I dunno, it's just far too easy for my liking; but Heyy.. the essence of the story is still awesome. It's a showcase of XSL capabilities, the great general, to the Qin's.

I bet, most Qin's is seeing him as their god and savior.

Thank you for the short battle update, Jean. I think, describing tactic in war is a pain in the neck for a translator. I had to read the lines very carefully to fully grasp the full pictures of the war.

"At this time Zhou Liang came with Eagle King to report that the enemy’s backup force is finally passing by."

How does the eagle king even report?! It surely can't talk to Zhou Liang and can't use sign language or anything. I've always wondered at this. You can use a hawk or an eagle to hunt small game, but there's no way you can guess troop size, troop movement or detect ambushes. This is far fetched.

I think there was a part where it stated that Zhou Liang spent so much time (over 2 years?) training the bird that he could almost read its mind or talk to it somehow.

XSL gets so much glory for doing so little (besides his predicting the future), nowadays. It's going to be so hard to remove him from the history books if his fame keeps going like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bchin22 View Post
    "At this time Zhou Liang came with Eagle King to report that the enemy’s backup force is finally passing by."

How does the eagle king even report?! It surely can't talk to Zhou Liang and can't use sign language or anything. I've always wondered at this. You can use a hawk or an eagle to hunt small game, but there's no way you can guess troop size, troop movement or detect ambushes. This is far fetched.
    I wondered about the same thing lol.. but well that is why they call it fiction I guess,
    @balik= about xsl having it easy ,, earlier he used to get the action alone(sometimes literally lol) or with smaller tactical team with sci ops kind of operation which warranted a more direct initiative on xsl part whereas now acting as the General he is doing more with the tactical/tactical planning part and while constituting the grand scenario of a war involving hundreds of thousand of troops the scope of him single handedly or majorly doing anything gets limited. Also I believe the summarized the war scenario quiet a bit juxtaposing the details of previous sci ops operation and the war scenarios,
    Just my 2 cents,, would appreciate others views on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disbol View Post
    LOL, u believe? that there were fertility doctors thousands of years ago, and that people back then understand sperm count and radiation. If you do I have some lakeside property(swamp) to sell u.
    Are you just saying, you are a liar, Disbol??

Heard a big Earthquake in DC. Are you safe and well??

Quote Originally Posted by tu22m3f1 View Post
    I wondered about the same thing lol.. but well that is why they call it fiction I guess,
    @balik= about xsl having it easy ,, earlier he used to get the action alone(sometimes literally lol) or with smaller tactical team with sci ops kind of operation which warranted a more direct initiative on xsl part whereas now acting as the General he is doing more with the tactical/tactical planning part and while constituting the grand scenario of a war involving hundreds of thousand of troops the scope of him single handedly or majorly doing anything gets limited. Also I believe the summarized the war scenario quiet a bit juxtaposing the details of previous sci ops operation and the war scenarios,
    Just my 2 cents,, would appreciate others views on it.
    Doing it by himself or in small group are a lot easier than commanding hundreds of thousands soldier.

A lot of things can go wrong with the later, as actions must be delegated to a lot more people with lesser capabilities than XSL. In small group, it's also more flexible to change tactic to suit the condition in place. Not more so with being a general.

Default XSL's position

Please remember Chinese martial art story is about growth, how a kid grow to a man, XSL"s growth is how a good modern fighter grow to match ancient great master. But he is not there yet.

XSL is a great commander but he have not fight and win the best ofthis era, how can you be sure that he will win every war or duel.

Who is the best general at this time, Li Muk
    Who is the best swordsman, the sword saint.

Yes, baikpapan, I'm liar, but at less I'm honesty about it

The earthquake was great experience. I just stepped out of my work vehicle, when the earth started shaking. My partner turn to me and said "was that an earthquake". I said maybe, or maybe I need to start laying off the donuts.
    Last edited by Disbol; 08-24-11 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disbol View Post
    Yes, baikpapan, I'm liar, but at less I'm honesty about it

The earthquake was great experience. I just stepped out of my work vehicle, when the earth started shaking. My partner turn to me and said "was that an earthquake". I said maybe, or maybe I need to start laying off the donuts.
    Ahahaha.... ahh.. you!!
    Last edited by balikpapan; 08-25-11 at 01:46 AM.

last update for this week.... end of chapter!

Xiang Shaolong waited until the next morning before ordering his men to send the report to Xiao Pan.

Xiao Pan was ecstatic as he personally led his men to come and commend the army.

That night he stayed in Xiang Shaolong’s Commander’s tent.

After dinner, Xiao Pan was in a good mood and climbed up with everyone to the high point to admire the magnificent and mysterious scenery of the wilderness under the moonlight.

This future Emperor Qin was especially elated and asked with a laugh, “Who will help me exterminate Pu Hu’s faction?”

As soon as Xiang Shaolong heard the word ‘exterminate’, he thought of Shan Rou who is far away in Qi, his heart shuddered and he dared not reply at all.

Jing Jun, Teng Yi and Huan Qi regarded Xiang Shaolong as their leader and since he did not say anything, they maintained their silence as well.

Wang Ling took a step forward and answered with a cold snort, “Leave this matter to me then!”

Everyone, including Xiao Pan, was taken aback.

Because of his grief over Wang He’s death, Wang Ling’s health has been extremely bad and just the torturous journey of following the army may prove too strenuous for him.

Besides, Pu Hu’s remaining power is still very considerable and he will never sit still and be captured. On top of that, he is very close to the Zhaos, so this matter may look very easy on the surface but in fact it’s very difficult.

Wang Ling have not led an army for many years and now he is asking for permission to go is prove of his determination to avenge Wang He.

Xiao Pan greatly regretted his words but now that Wang Ling has made the request, if he rejects it will mean that he finds him too old for such a task and that, to a Qin, is the greatest humiliation.

Xiao Pan had no choice but pretend to be elated and said, “Then I will appoint Great General Wang as the Commander with General Huan Qi as the Deputy Commander. Both of you will leave as soon as possible.”

Wang Ling and Huan Qi hurriedly knelt down to receive the imperial edict.

Xiao Pan said solemnly, “The success or failure of this battle will depend on speed, and catch Pu Hu totally unaware. Otherwise if we allow him to stay safely behind Dunliu City, and with the Zhaos backing him up, this matter will prove extremely difficult.”

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

More and more, Xiang Shaolong is beginning to feel this future Emperor Qin’s superior talent and stratagem. And he is better than him in the way that he cares only about the outcome and will never be concerned about feelings or loyalty. Only a hard-hearted person like this will be able to become the world’s most fearsome leader in this warring states era.

They returned to the tent and Xiao Pan looked for Xiang Shaolong for a private discussion.

Xiao Pan said with a wry smile, “I’m very worried about Wang Ling, afraid that he won’t be able to survive the hardship of a military campaign.”

Xiang Shaolong knows that he feeling a little peeved that he had not volunteered first and replied with a sigh, “What do you want me to do?”

Xiao Pan sighed, “I can blame anyone, but I will never dare to blame Teacher. Before I rode here, I did think of the idea of eliminating Lu and Lao’s factions totally once I return to the capital. When Lu Buwei comes back, he will be executed immediately right outside the city gates and get it over and done with. Does Teacher think this plan is workable?”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “This is a dangerous move. Firstly we have no excuse to do this, and Lu and Lao’s factions are too big and strong. Just their family warriors added up makes up almost 20,000 men and there’s absolutely a lot of people to get rid of. Besides Guan Zhongxie is still outside with his army and the city troops are under their command. On top of that we have that problematic Pu Hu. Our military power in Xianyang will be even more stretched out. Your Highness, you must reconsider.”

Xiao Pan was vexed, “I know as well that this is not the best time, but do I have to wait until after the coronation before I can strike? Now I find that waiting another two more days is already too long a wait, not to mention another two years.”

Xiang Shaolong said, “Those who wants to achieve big things must learn tolerance. If Lu Buwei hears any rumors on this, with his influence and tricks, maybe he will be able to encourage Bashu to rebel and that is certainly not a good thing for Great Qin. Besides, he should already be well prepared by now, so that he can fight for the throne with Cheng Qiao once Cheng Qiao’s uprising is successful. If we choose this time to strike, Qin will be thrown into chaos.”

Xiao Pan nodded his head in agreement and said after a moment’s silence, “How can we summon Wang Jian back?”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “It’ll be just before your Highness’s coronation ceremony! By then your Highness will soon have absolute power and no one will dare question your orders. By then, you can just give a secret imperial edict and this matter will be accomplished.”

An icy cold light flashed past Xiao Pan’s eyes as he said, “We’ll do just that. I want those conniving thieves to be caught unaware when Wang Jian returns and by then I’ll make sure they get their comeuppance.”

Xiang Shaolong was silent for a moment before he suddenly said in a low voice, “Xiao Pan! I want you to promise Xiang Shaolong one thing.”

Xiao Pan’s body trembled. Ever since they came to Qin, this is the first time that Xiang Shaolong called him Xiao Pan, and addressed himself as Xiang Shaolong.

His eyes filled with deep feelings, Xiao Pan nodded his head, “Teacher, please speak, Xiao Pan is listening.”

Xiang Shaolong said solemnly, “No matter what happens in future, you must treat the Dowager kindly.”

Xiao Pan was stunned for a moment. He lowered his head and pondered over this for a while before replying emphatically, “Xiao Pan will never dare disobey Teacher’s orders. But this will only be limited to Imperial Mother, all others will not be included.”

Xiang Shaolong knows that he is determined to kill the two children that Zhu Ji had borne for Lao Ai. He also knows that it’s very difficult for him to interfere in such matters so he can only answer with a wry smile, “All right, your Highness!”

Xiao Pan came closer, his hands clasped Xiang Shaolong’s shoulders and pulled him in for an embrace, and cried out frantically, “Teacher! Please do not leave Xiao Pan! Don’t you want to witness for yourself how Xiao Pan will unify the world and establish the best dynasty that has never been seen in centuries past?”

Xiang Shaolong turned his arms and held him tightly, saying sadly, “Teacher will have to leave and you have to destroy all written mention about me as well so that I will not leave a trace in history. This is fate. Even if I don’t tell you to do all these, you will ultimately do so anyway.”

Xiao Pan was taken aback and moved back a little, looking at him morosely, “How can this happen, I will never do that, no one should forget about Teacher’s great and meritorious contributions.”

Xiang Shaolong calmed down and grabbing his broad shoulders, he exclaimed, “Ever since I first saw you at the Zhao Palace, I’ve always regarded you as my son. Seeing you grow up and becoming an adult, even turning into the most powerful leader in the word, the contentment I feel in my heart is really indescribable. But precisely because of this relation, I will have to leave you. On one hand it’s because I have fulfilled my promise to your mother, to groom her son into a talent. On the other hand I want to pursue my own life and dreams. Only after I leave will you be able to totally cut off all the relationships in your past and go freely to pursue your own dreams, do you understand? We must never have this discussion again in future.”

For a moment, Xiao Pan’s eyes reddened, like a child totally in awe with his father as he laid his head on his broad chest and spoke no further.

Default hi

me ?

number 1

Its only fitting that jeans number 1 fan gets the number 1 post.
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 08-25-11 at 03:03 AM.
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    me ?

number 1

aaa come on ,,,,
    I really thought I cracked it today,, stupid browser conked up on me. DAAMMMNNNNN

Thank's a lot for your hard work Lady Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by tu22m3f1 View Post
    aaa come on ,,,,
    I really thought I cracked it today,, stupid browser conked up on me. DAAMMMNNNNN

Thank's a lot for your hard work Lady Jean.
    I wana gloat over my victory
    Ali Derhamy

Thanks Jean for the update

Heavy spoiler alert
    click to show/hide spoilers

last warning
    click to show/hide spoilers
    now I really wonder what is it that make Xiao Pan go agaisnt XSL later? hmmm, I keep thinking about it but couldn`t find the answer.

arghh the spoiler tag is broken T_T
    Last edited by deepbleu; 08-25-11 at 03:27 AM.
    "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is Mystery.
    Today is a gift... That`s why we called it Present."

Thank you Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Yeah, what happened to all the spoiler tags? Some interface change? I was rereading (again) and realised I couldn't get at all the juicy bits under the spoiler tags in the previous posts...
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Quote Originally Posted by yeongwee View Post
    Yeah, what happened to all the spoiler tags? Some interface change? I was rereading (again) and realised I couldn't get at all the juicy bits under the spoiler tags in the previous posts...
    Talking of the juicy bits,,, there has been not much ""action"" recently ,, 3 great beauties comming to town , one would think xsl would have landed atleast 1 or2 if not all but I guess the author wanted to develop the character and depict how it matured. I miss it sometimes though