Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a
    Bahaman, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Qatari, an
    Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Kyrgyzstani, a Jamaican, a
    Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Ecuadorian, a Costa
    Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a
    Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and 47 Africans walk into a fine
    restaurant....

"I'm sorry," said the maître d', after he had scrutinized the group one
    by one and barred their entrance saying....

"You can't come in here without a Thai."

Quote Originally Posted by tu22m3f1 View Post
    Talking of the juicy bits,,, there has been not much ""action"" recently ,, 3 great beauties comming to town , one would think xsl would have landed atleast 1 or2 if not all but I guess the author wanted to develop the character and depict how it matured. I miss it sometimes though
    So you aren't tired of all the "rare" beauties that keep popping up every so often? I may be a guy, but he already has Qin Qing, Ji Yanran and Wu Tingfang, the prettiest in Qin, Wei and Zhao, so he'd better not be looking for any more...

It's kind of weird and unrealistic that every woman he meets falls in love with him, or is filled with admiration to the fullest after just meeting him for a few moments. I find it hard to believe that all the "super rare beauties that can sink armies with a glance" all long for him.

Even in the first page of translation, it is said that "Xiang Shaolong is twenty this year. His skin glowed with a healthy tan because of his long hours under the sun. He may not be considered a handsome young man..."

So he's of average appearance, but his "aura" is enough to make women all swoon for him.

This makes absolutely no sense.

(but then again it IS just a story and it makes as much sense as a giant eagle that can talk to it's handler and relay to him troop movement, troop size, and troop logistics....wtf....)

You do know that women don't really attracted to face alone. Power, wealth, and fame are top on their priorities. It was, it is, and it will always be. Adding to that, XSL is a smooth talker with body like me

Also, there is no mentioned about the Eagle can talk on exact numbers. But It could be trained to tell, maybe, in general 'packet' like 1, 1000, or 10,000 soldiers. "Tell" means bird's voicing distinct sound for each 'packet'.

About those 'rare' beauties. Since XSL is a highly rank official, opportunities to meet better looking girls are endless, I'd guess. Even I with nothing to brag about, have seen many 'rare' beauties in my life.

busy week, short update, new chapter....

Book 20 Chap 10 – Heartfelt Words

Three days later, Xiao Pan, Xiang Shaolong and the rest returned to the capital.

The Dowager, with Lao Ai, led all the court officials out to welcome them.

Looking at their expressions, Zhu Ji’s joy is one that comes from the heart while Lao Ai’s smiling face looked quite strained.

Lao Ai is not an idiot, in fact he’s a very cunning and despicable man. Naturally he knows that he’s an outcast among the Crown Prince’s political group.

The day that the Crown Prince gets coroneted will be the day the Dowager Zhu Ji loses her governing power, and it will be the time where he will lose all authority.

Xiang Shaolong has once again stabilized Xianyang. He is the most able leader in the military, helping Xiao Pan strengthen his hold on his throne. Once he gets rid of Pu Hu, what is left is only Lu and Lao’s factions.

But over the last 10 years, Lu Buwei has been concentrating on growing his supporting faction and privately using people for his own ends so his influence is something that should not be belittled.

Xianyang may be the capital city but it still needs the support of the surrounding counties in many areas.

The local militia at the capital reports to the Chief Commandant. The Magistrate only takes care of administrative matters while the Chief Commandant is in charge of military affairs. Theoretically the military should be under the sole control of the ruler and sometimes the ruler will give orders to mobilize the troops. As for military supplies and conscription, each family will be taxed according to headcount in the family and all men, once they have reached a certain age will have to be conscripted into the army for two years; one year as active servicemen and another year as garrison soldiers to guard the borders, and they are called the Standing Army.

On top of that there are professional soldiers, who have become the main force of Great Qin.

Lu Buwei took the opportunity when repairing the Zhengguo Canal to obtain the authority to mobilize the local standing armies and this has helped him strengthen his power and control in local areas. This situation where Lu Buwei had absolute control was only broken after the birth of the Black Dragon and Xiao Pan’s establishment of the Three Lords and Nine Ministers system.

But Lu Buwei has already established his own local bases during the early years. So if there is a rebellion, he’ll be even more difficult to deal with compared to Cheng Qiao or Lao Ai.

So he’s not worried about Cheng Qiao succeeding in usurping the throne at all, because by then he can rally his troops using the excuse of crushing the rebel forces.

But even in his wildest dreams would he never imagine that he is up against the rarest and ultimate ruler in all of China’s history, the most formidable Emperor Qin.

After their return to Xianyang, it is customary to pray to the ancestors first followed by a feast.

The next morning, after the court session, Zhu Ji summoned Xiang Shaolong to Sweet Spring Palace.

Xiang Shaolong had no other choice but to brace himself to see Zhu Ji.

This powerful Dowager whose reputation is declining day by day in Qin received him at the side hall in the inner palace. After she dismissed the maids, Zhu Ji said with a solemn expression, “The Marquis of Changxin, Lao Ai, said that he was totally not involved at all in this mission to quell the rebels. Even I, as the Dowager, was kept in the dark. What is this all about? It made us all worry for nothing.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly thinking to himself who don’t she go and ask her own son instead of interrogating him.

But of course he won’t say it out loud. Instead he answered respectfully, “The administrative and military matters are kept separate, it’s quite normal that the Marquis of Changxin won’t know of this matter.”

Zhu Ji stared at him, displeased, “Then why is the Chief Commandant not aware of this as well? Han Xie didn’t even know you’ve gone out of the city into battle and so he was unable to coordinate with you at all.”

After Guan Zhongxie left for the military expedition, Han Xie was promoted as the Commander with Xu Shang as his deputy.

Xiang Shaolong replied calmly, “We could emerge victorious this time because of the four words ‘take them by surprise’, and in order to become legendary troops, we must have various tricks to confuse the enemy and let the enemy obtain wrong information. As our enemy has a lot of ears and eyes in the capital, we have to use extreme methods and I hope your Majesty will understand.”

am i number 1??

Is it me or is Zhu Ji becoming an idi0t. She use to be an interesting character. She was a sharp person with street smarts. Now all she does is call XSL to nag him.

3rd!!!!!!!

WTH?? after eying the thread for so long, only to get 4th??

Btw. Thank you, Jean. Will comment on the story, later.
    Last edited by balikpapan; 09-01-11 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks Jean

The story becomes slightly stagnant with no major event in sight. XSL power is increasing beyond measure in Qin. And Lu Buwei doesn't have any worthy general under him, since Mao Aoi (?) death. So, everything looks rosy.

It's interesting to see what surprise Gu Long has in his locker next. Please.., not another women in heat for XSL. Unless Jean starts attaching pictures on the updates.
    Last edited by balikpapan; 09-02-11 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post

It's interesting to see what surprise Gu Long has in his locker next. Please.., not another women in heat for XSL. Unless Jean starts attaching pictures on the updates.
    Aiyoh papan terbalik this is HUANG YI not gu long story lah
    Kindle 2 Global Wireless with 多看 - Perfect e-book reading device

I think balik papan really terbalik-balik

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NooBz View Post
    I think balik papan really terbalik-balik
    Just checking if you guys paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Just checking if you guys paying attention.
    Or a case of drop on the floor at least pick up some sand
    Kindle 2 Global Wireless with 多看 - Perfect e-book reading device

really short update... and there won't be any updates til end of next week at least... been really bz at work and I'm flying off to china tomorrow for work.

Zhu Ji was quiet for a moment before saying with a sad sigh, “Please don’t use such pretentious words on me? Zheng’er and you can hide it from everyone else but how can you lie to me? If both of you did not want the Marquis of Changxin to find out, I will not tell him.”

Xiang Shaolong did not expect Zhu Ji to suddenly talk to him with such a tone of voice and attitude and the old feelings he kept hidden deeply welled up as he sighed and said, “The Crown Prince us growing day by day, he’s no longer the child of the past. Now he is most concerned about how to govern the country well and unify the world. Any obstacle on this path of his will be cleared by him sooner or later. This is the road that all rulers must go through as they mature and this is something very clearly stated in history.”

Zhu Ji’s pretty face suddenly paled as she asked in alarm, “Shaolong, what do you mean by those words, is Zheng’er going to deal with me?”

Xiang Shaolong knows that she is having a guilty conscience because she has bore two bastards for Lao Ai and answered with a wry smile, “Of course his Highness won’t be so unfilial towards your Majesty, but to other people, there’s no need for him to be filial at all. Regardless of foster father or fake father, they’re all the same.”

Zhu Ji looked at him at a loss, and lowered her head to ask, “Tell Zhu Ji, will Xiang Shaolong deal with her?”

A surge of feelings welled in Xiang Shaolong as he said with certainty, “Even is someone puts a sword at my neck, I will never harm the Dowager.”

Zhu Ji asked quietly, “What about the Marquis of Changxin?”

Xiang Shaolong was taken aback for a moment before he answered in a tone that even he himself found to be sarcastic, “If he is loyal towards the Dowager and the Crown Prince, I can guarantee that nothing will happen to him.”

Of course fate would not end up like that.

The rebellion of Lao Ai is the last internal struggle just before Emperor Qin’s coronation and Lu Buwei will be implicated because of this and return to the north defeated.

Suddenly, he knows that he has become an important person who can affect the political scene in the Qin empire, that’s why Zhu Ji had to lower herself to ask this question and to seek his opinion.

And he has become the only person that Xiao Pan will totally trust.

Even when he released Han Chuang, Xiao Pan did not take it to heart. If it was someone else, he would have ended up being removed from his post or dragged out to be executed.

Zhu Ji’s body trembled slightly as she raised her head, seemingly going to speak but stopping herself.

Xiang Shaolong said gently, “Is there anything else that your Majesty wants to ask me?”

Zhu Ji exclaimed piteously, “Tell me, what I should do?”

Xiang Shaolong understood the meaning behind those words, which is to say that she has lost control over Lao Ai and is not feeling guilt-ridden.

After all, Xiao Pan is her ‘son’ and although their relationship has been deteriorating, she has not come to the extent whereby she will deliberately harm her son with her lover.

And all Lao Ai wants is to retain his power.

But anyone would know this is impossible. When Xiao Pan holds absolute power, Lao Ai’s only outcome is to fade out.

Am I the 1st ?
    Thanks Jean, have a nice flying to China
    Last edited by Gubrak; 09-06-11 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubrak View Post
    Am I the 1st ?
    Thanks Jean, have a nice flying to China
    take my hat off to you sir
    Ali Derhamy

tHANKS, JEAN.

Thanks Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.