Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Dammit.... an hour behind BP

Thanks Jean! Have a safe trip

great story...i really like it

I don't say it too often in this thread but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the translation and for your strong will. I mean this story is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long :-)

Thanks Jean
    for hanging in there about 6 years. I have been reading for 4 months and I really appreciate it.

Been thinking. As the history won't changed, Xiao Pan would still rule the world without XSL interfering. So, why bother??

just enjoy the women and riches, if I were him

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Been thinking. As the history won't changed, Xiao Pan would still rule the world without XSL interfering. So, why bother??

just enjoy the women and riches, if I were him
    Reasonable thinking ...
    Let's go to Drunken Wind Loft
    and

Default As History won't change

XSL don't know if history change or not, if he don't push the situation to what he know as history, 1, zhao pan is not king of Qin,
    2, there is no chi huang dai

HY id mixing reality and story, in a way that if XSL did not step back into History, history would not be what we know. it is because there is actually XSL coming from the future, that change the trend of the history.

HY intentionally write it in a way, like if the butterfly dream tobe Zhong Chi or Zhong Chi dream to be a butterfly.

XSL can not change the history, as he wouldn't even exist in the world if the history changed. Slightly change in history, he wouldn't be where he is, right now. Unless if there is a parallel universe, out there somewhere

Unless Sam told him so in Quantum Leap.

Isn't that the paradox of time travel into the past though? Unless you are of the belief that time exists as a singular moment, and everything that has happened or will happen happened at the same time.

Otherwise, you have to believe that time happened the "correct" way atleast one time, then everything XSL does creates a new time loop.

Honestly, I would spend my whole life trying to make a time machine, until I figured out that if I ever succeeded, I would travel back into time and give it to myself. Perhaps that's why no one has ever succeeded? Who can argue with that logic?!

Quote Originally Posted by Demitre View Post
    Honestly, I would spend my whole life trying to make a time machine, until I figured out that if I ever succeeded, I would travel back into time and give it to myself. Perhaps that's why no one has ever succeeded? Who can argue with that logic?!
    Head spinning - too much for my pea brain to digest - let just enjoy the tale
    Kindle 2 Global Wireless with 多看 - Perfect e-book reading device

Default Number ???

Thats a long wait till Jean is back...what u guys talking about history
    Don't think about the history but think ahead
    If you think to much about history
    You will be history

And is this story XSL is gay...good at strategy, woman, talking and damn lucky...just kill him already!

XSL can change history without changing history. He only changes some of the details.
    Thanks Jean

jean where art thou....?

"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."
    -Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides

Great story. SO, finally XSL back to the future and bring in his wives and concubines with him. Happy ending.

Thanks, Jean.
    Last edited by balikpapan; 09-14-11 at 05:50 PM.

I'm back from my trip....miss me? short update

Xiang Shaolong was silent for a while, knowing that if he does not take this opportunity to speak his mind, he’ll never have the chance in future. As to whether Zhu Ji is willing to listen to his advice, that’s her problem.

He stood up and moved to the front of Zhu Ji’s table and knelt down on one knee, looking at her well maintained, dewy and beautiful face, saying frankly, “If your Majesty is willing to listen to my advice, return power to his Highness earlier and bring the Minister of Ceremony with you to live in Yongdu for good. That way, the conflict between your Majesty and his Highness will be dissolved.”

Zhu Ji’s delicate body trembled again as she cried out softly, “Shaolong, I…”

Footsteps were heard from behind.

The both of them turned around to look in surprise, only to see Lao Ai barging in, his eyes fury with jealousy as he stared angrily at both of them.

Xiang Shaolong secretly sighed.

Fate makes fun of men. In the end, there’s still nothing he can do to change the situation.

When he returned to the Wu residence, the angry and venomous look in Lao Ai’s eyes still haunts his mind.

Rome was not built in a day. So Lao Ai’s jealousy towards him is not something that just started today.

He’s the kind of person who thinks that all the women in the world should rightfully fall in love with him, someone who only takes but never gives. Compared to him, Lu Buwei’s tactics are indeed a lot more brilliant.

On a certain level, Xiao Pan can still reluctantly accept Lu Buwei as a foster father but he will never acknowledge Lao Ai as his fake father.

Just based on this point alone, Lao Ai has already planted the seed of his own demise.

History has long proven that all those rulers who founded a dynasty are definitely vicious and without mercy. Xiao Pan, the Emperor of Qin, is the best of them all.

When he killed Zhao Mu with his own hands, his eyes were shining brightly as he reported to Xiang Shaolong. At that time, he could already identify Xiao Pan’s bravery and he was just a 15 year old boy then.

This time, he set up a trap to kill Cheng Qiao and Du Bi and at the same time ordered his men to get rid of Pu Hu. From this, his attention to details and his merciless nature can be seen.

Of course, this is also due to his background and the incidents that had befallen him.

Just as his mind was wandering with all these information, he had already arrived at the Wu family’s gates with his bodyguards.

A horse carriage was parked at the square and a few of Qin Qing’s family warriors were idly chatting with the Wu family’s guards. When they saw him coming, they paid their respects.

Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic as he jumped down his horse and shouted, “Is Grand Tutor Qin back.”

One of them replied, “She just arrived this morning.”

A fiery ball of love welled in Xiang Shaolong’s heart as he ran into the house. When he got to the grand hall, the beauty that he has been thinking of day and night, dressed in a simple gown, was chatting happily with Ji Yanran and the other ladies, including Shan Lan, Zhou Wei and the children. On seeing Xiang Shaolong, Qin Qing’s pretty eyes brightened immediately with an indescribable fire as her delicate body trembled lightly but her expression remained calm. Obviously she was trying to control herself. Wu Tingfang said with a laugh, “Sister Qing pines for one of us, so she came back earlier.”

Qin Qing’s pretty face blushed immediately as she gave Wu Tingfang an angry stare, her expression extremely alluring.

Xiang Shaolong suppressed his urge to gather her into his arms as he came between her and Zhao Zhi and said with a laugh, “Grand Tutor Qin has lost weight, but looks even more alluring now.” Qin Qing replied happily, “Qin Qing may not be in Xianyang but Great General’s reputation still rings loudly like thunder. What luck that my return this time coincides with Great General’s victorious homecoming as well.”

Shan Lan said with a laugh, “Both of you can stop pretending. It’s all our own people here, must you behave so politely towards each other.”

Thanks. Jean.
    another silent reader emerges

Miss you so much, Jean. Words fail me.. )

Thank's a bunch Jean,

Wonder if Lao ai will try something funny to vent his anger/jealousy

Thumbs up

What a surprise. I was waiting for next week. Thank you Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Dear Jean,
    for many years once awhile I visit this forum, and copy all the translation. Only this year I have a chance to read it. It is surprisingly good, and I finished to read from the beginning till chapter 20.9 within a week. The story is so tricky, I cannot let it go. Huang Yi show its talent, despite using sex as the promotion, but the story is deep and full of trick. Also I felt, this make sense (emperor usually have hundreds or more wife, other official have more than one)
    Thanks to your dedicated work Jean.
    (by the way do you also translate for Jiang Hu?)