Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

from those 2 wikipedia page, we can understand why power, politic is always bad
    People always want more power, greedier and evil

thats why if XSL really can retired as his wish, that is the best, otherwise he will be consume by the power sooner or later

power is big no....love is always the winner

Thanks a lot Jean

I don't understand. Didn't Lao Ai suppose to be a 'eunuch'?? why nobody hasn't find out, yet?? or at least, hold him to ransom with this big lie.

I thought the King could just kill him and Lu Buwei as both lie to the King, then.

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Default miss you Jean and miss the story too.

HI Jean, The very fact that you came back early and immediately got to translating and giving us an unexpected update shows that you missed us. But of course we missed you more. This forum has created so much comradely among its readers that we almost seem to know each other. I not only enjoyed the story but some of the discussions were really interesting. Some of you know so much about chinese history. I am really impressed. And of course balik papan is such good sport but your use of the new avatar does not suit you if I may say so. Thanks Jean and welcome back.

How is my new avatar, JAJA9??

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    How is my new avatar, JAJA9??
    Balikpapan. 60 to 16. Cute.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

I try to post some story and link yesterday but it did not go through (waiting for administrator approval?) but 1 day passed, so I decide to write it again
    Qin Shi Huang death reportedly caused by excess mercury in search of eternal life, but looking at many conspiracy that is happen, is he really die because of that?
    Or he was being tricked? or forced? (by Li Si?)
    Later on become more obvious Li Si is really become more like Lu Bu Wei

Li Si and the chief eunuch Zhao Gao conspired to kill Fusu because Fusu's favorite general was Meng Tian, whom they disliked and feared; Meng Tian's brother, a senior minister, had once punished Zhao Gao.They believed that if Fusu was enthroned, they would lose their power. Li Si and Zhao Gao forged a letter from Qin Shi Huang saying that both Fusu and General Meng must commit suicide.The plan worked, and the younger son Huhai became the Second Emperor, later known as Qin Er Shi or "Second Generation Qin."

So even if Qin Shi Huang really die because of the mercury not being poisoned or tricked into....still later on Li Si is betray him by killing Fu Su
    But later on :
    During the tumultuous aftermath, Zhao Gao convinced the new emperor to install his followers in official positions. When his power base was secure enough, Zhao Gao charged Li Si with treason. Qin Er Shi, who viewed Zhao Gao as his teacher, did not question his decision. Zhao Gao had Li Si tortured until he admitted the crime. In 208 BC Zhao Gao had Li Si executed by way of The Five Pains. Zhao Gao in turn was killed by Ziying in revenge for Gao's killing of Ziying's uncle Emperor Qin Er Shi.
    And Qin never recovered after losing Qin Shi Huang and Li Si

if you interested on the detail go to search on wiki "Qin Shi Huang" and "Li Si"

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Default HUGGY BEARS!!!!

Vow I did not expect Huggy Bears!!!! Balik Papan you are getting mushy!!! That's much better.

dragon21 - yes, I translate for Jianghu as well

ok guys... end of chapter....

Ji Yanran helped Qin Qing out of the situation by changing the topic and telling Xiang Shaolong, “Sister Qing said that Lu Buwei went to her hometown. He was trying his utmost to get into the good books of the major local clans. What is most shameless is that the suggestion to reduce taxes came from Li Si but he boasted that it was his idea.”

Zhou Wei added, “What’s even more irritating is that he came on many occasions to bother Sister Qing and Sister Qing was so alarmed that she had to move somewhere else to stay.”

Xiang Shaolong said with a smile, “Because he made a wrong calculation, thinking that Cheng Qiao would be able to get rid of us so there’s no more need for him to control himself.”

He went nearer to Qin Qing and said, “We’ll return to the farm tomorrow, is Grand Tutor Qin willing to dawdle around like this for the rest of your life?”

Qin Qing blushed right to her ears and pouted, “Your official posts are getting bigger and bigger but you’re getting naughtier. I’m not talking to you, I still have to go and see the Dowager and the Crown Prince.”

Xiang Shaolong grabbed her small shoulders without any hesitation and whispered in her ears, “I don’t care where Grand Tutor Qin is going now, but Grand Tutor must come back here tonight to spend the night.”

Wu Tingfang was listening intently to their conversation and on hearing his words, said with a smile, “Sister Qing has already agreed, but she’s going to chat with us sisters through the night instead. Hee hee, sorry about that, Great General.”

Xiang Shaolong nodded his head, “That’s even more ideal.”

The ladies all reprimanded him with a laugh.

By this time, Xiang Shaolong has cast all thoughts of Zhu Ji, Lao Ai and all the fights with his enemies behind him.

At this moment, life is good. His mind flew to the thoughts of the open plains and he remembered the wide open grassland that he once went to in the 21st century while undergoing training. Blue skies, white clouds, green grass as lush as carpets spans the entire horizon, the lakes look like clear mirrors adorning the landscape with the rivers interjecting one another with the smell of clean grass filled the air. If he can spend the rest of this weird and wonderful life in peace with his wives and beloved children in this farm surrounded by nature, with no need to bother about mundane fights for power and war, how wonderful would life be?

The next day, he returned to the farm with his own and Teng Yi’s families, and of course Qin Qing was with them. The both of them were pining for each other after being separated for so long and now is no longer bothered about how others sees them.

Ten days later, Wang Ling and Huan Qi gathered an army of 100,000 men to attack Tunliu and Pu Hu, under the pretext of avenging Cheng Qiao abandoned Qin and allied with Zhao. Wang Bi and Yang Duanhe were beaten back by Li Mu on numerous occasions and they changed their tactics to be on the defensive and managed to stabilize the various eastern commanderies and their situation was extremely dangerous. At the same time, King Heng Hui of Han died of illness and the Crown Prince ascended the throne. Han Chuang has always been on good terms with the Crown Price so he now became the Premier, becoming the most influential man in Han. Lord Longyang’s power in Wei greatly increased as well and the two states relied on each other, working hand in hand to repel Qin, suppressing the eastern advancement of the two armies led by Guan Zhongxie and the Meng brothers.

On the other hand, Xiang Shaolong and Teng Yi are leading carefree lives at the farm. There’s still about two more years to go before Xiao Pan’s coronation. But during this period of time, which is not so far away in the future, no one can guess what changes will happen in the meantime.

On this day, Lord Wenchang and Li Si came together to the farm to visit them. Naturally all of them were happy to see one another again.

Xiang Shaolong and Teng Yi led the both of them on a leisurely horse ride at dusk when Lord Wenchang commented, “Lu Buwei just came back, his relationship with Lao Ai is noticeably better and they will occasionally go and have drinks together at Drunken Wind Loft. He even let Lao Ai have Bai Yaya.”

Li Si said icily, “In my opinion he’s trying to repeat the devious trick he used on Cheng Qiao, which is to incite Lao Ai to rebel. Maybe he even hinted openly that he will support the bastard son he had with the Dowager to ascend the throne, then get rid of Lao Ai after that and make himself king. As Lu Buwei is still very powerful on the ground, it’s possible that this is something he can accomplish.”

Lord Changping added, “But there’s one thing which is quite strange. After Shaolong left, the Dowager went to speak with the Crown Prince and offered to hand over part of her authority and after that will live in seclusion in Yongdu. Lao Ai is now making frequent trips between Yongdu and Xianyang but some important decisions or deployment of people still needs the Dowager’s agreement before it can proceed.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly relieved that at least Zhu Ji is willing to listen to his advice, resulting in improved relations between her and Xiao Pan.

Teng Yi asked, “Is there any news from Mao Jiao’s side?”

Lord Changping replied with a cold snort, “He said Lao Ai is at Yong Du cultivating talents. There’s something that all of you are unaware, Ling Qi has become Yongdu’s castellan. The Grand Temple is situated at Yongdu, so it’s under Lao Ai’s jurisdiction. It can be effectively considered that Yongdu is now under his control.”

Xiang Shaolong already knew long ago that Lao Ai will certainly try to gather resources first, otherwise he won’t be able to start a rebellion.

Teng Yi asked about Wang Ling and Huan Qi’s battle situation.

Li Si replied with a sigh, “His Highness is still worried. Pu Hu’s has retreated back to Tunliu and is staying behind the walls, refusing to come out. There’s nothing Great General Wang can do to him for now. What’s most worrying is that winter is fast approaching and it’s a time that will benefit the defenders and not the besiegers. Besides, there’s also the existence of Li Mu, he’s an uncertain factor.”

Lord Changping sighed, “I don’t know if it’s intentional on Lu Buwei’s part, using the excuse that the building of the Zhengguo Canal will be completed soon and he redeployed a large number of men locally to build the canal, with the result that we now don’t have many soldiers to deploy. We were just vexing over this matter.”

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but feel a sense of guilt. If he had agreed to Xiao Pan’s request to lead the army against Tunliu that day, Wang Ling won’t have to make such a torturous journey in his old age.

A pity that this has already become an unalterable fact.

A feeling of misfortune welled up in his heart.

Smile

Thanks Jean...

Default 2nd...

I think next few chapter XSL going to the Crown Prince and ask for Qing Qing hand for marriage..
    Last edited by crydee; 09-19-11 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks a lot Jean...
    Huang Yi's ASITP talks a lot about political intrigue and war but less wuxia. I'm a wuxia fan but I hooked up to this thread since 2008 (about the time when Lady Jean's cute girl born). Is all of Huang Yi's works like this? I mean less wuxia.

Yayy... update..

Thank you, Jean. Will comment later.

Jean, wow you are such a great kind person with a lot of energy
    thanks for translating Strange Hero Yi Shi Mei episode 1-3,8-9 and 23
    I always love and watch JiangHu translation, and SHYSM is the first series in 1080p (4.34 Gb per-episode really madness)
    and it looks really cool in big TV
    Still download till episode 20

thanks again

and many more, Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabres 2009, Paladin III, Royal Tramp, Sword Stained with Royal Blood.madame White Snake, Da Ren Wu
    Wow I had all of them without realizing you are there too
    So JeanNie is also you? thanks again

Comment:

I wonder why no state using strategy of poisoning the water resource to concur other. Just like Pu Hu's hiding behind the wall. Surely they still use water from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon21 View Post
    and many more, Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabres 2009, Paladin III, Royal Tramp, Sword Stained with Royal Blood.madame White Snake, Da Ren Wu
    Wow I had all of them without realizing you are there too
    So JeanNie is also you? thanks again
    First of all , thank's a bunch Jean.
    This is such a great story, being so long but still able to keep you yearning for more.

Hey guys ,, can you help me on the following.
    Give me links where i can watch these dubbed/subbed series ,, preferably where i can watch online i:e youtube etc , i would like to avoid downloding it if possible (torrents cannot be used on my system)

Secondly are there any translations of Hyang yi other work, like twins of brothers

Thanks in adv,