Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

defeat in this battle is highly possible but....Huang Yi has grand plan to make XSL win the war.....
    Thanks Jean.... last chapter of Book 20.... 5 books to go.....
    Last edited by Jaran.Saga; 11-02-11 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks Jean

The amazing thing is XSL fell right into the same kind of set piece that he is used to dishing out to everyone else... Shock and awe... Enemy is suddenly everywhere... no escape... aaargh!!! =)
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

no updates... just want to rant here. I booked my tickets to bangkok before the flood for next month and now it seems that I won't be able to go. Any my departure date just falls out of the period where you're allowed to change flights without penalty so now I can only wait for the airline to extend the period. I've changed my money, applied my leave and now got nowhere to go. Argh!

Anyone can suggest any nearby places (to singapore) just for R&R? We've already gone to HK and Taiwan this year, I was in cambodia and vietnam. Malaysia feels too near. I'm running out of countries!

Well, by all accounts, not all of Bangkok is under water. The shopping districts like Sukhumvit and Silom are still ok (from what I've heard). If you really want Thailand, then Krabi or Koh Samui (I suppose). Otherwise, Jakarta would be an excellent alternative

Maldives? Beautiful place... there's also Japan... and finally, for all my friends with kids, a nice safe staycation at MBS... *don't hit me!!!* =)

You can try Bali or Bandung in Indonesia.

Bandung is up in the mountain and air is cool (though getting warmer with the increase in traffic from Jakarta visitors on weekends).
    They do have lots of factory outlets, cheap food, mountain (dormant volcano) trail, hot spring.
    Also some mega malls.
    So if you like shopping (though not high end) give Bandung a shot.

Else there's Bali for sea sports and sea food - yummy!

Yes, Bali is a good place. Lot's of beaches to see. Jakarta is just another big city. Nothing really to see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    no updates... just want to rant here. I booked my tickets to bangkok before the flood for next month and now it seems that I won't be able to go. Any my departure date just falls out of the period where you're allowed to change flights without penalty so now I can only wait for the airline to extend the period. I've changed my money, applied my leave and now got nowhere to go. Argh!

Anyone can suggest any nearby places (to singapore) just for R&R? We've already gone to HK and Taiwan this year, I was in cambodia and vietnam. Malaysia feels too near. I'm running out of countries!
    yadeh yadeh yahhh.... QQ

hahahahah sorry Jean... but thats the standerd reponse to a Rant

hmmm have you thought about Australia ? or New Zealand.

tickets can be cheep... and its summer time here, so not to bad... lots of fun at the beach.
    Ali Derhamy

I wonder how XSL escape this time...one think for certain HERO just can't die..LOL

Jean if you looking for a nearby place..You might try Langkawi Island!...in Malaysia

Another one is Bali...

I might try Bali.... or just go batam. hahaha... Australia is hot right now, correct? Maldives and Japan not exactly 'near'. Now I'm just hoping that they will extend the refund period of my tickets... *cross fingers*.

ok new book and chapter.... depressing one....

Book 21 Chap 1 – Escaping Dragon from Battlefield

Just as Xiang Shaolong got rid one batch of enemies, a scream came from his side. He turned around in shock only to see Zhou Liang falling over his horse, with a long spear piercing through his armor from the back and exiting to the front. Obviously the enemy who threw that spear was very strong.

He let out an earth shattering roar and was about to rein his horse to kill his way back but his followers on either side of him tugged at his reins hard, pulling him along as they escaped.

One of the enemy generals, leading a group of soldiers ran after them and shouted, “Xiang Shaolong, where can you run!”

Xiang Shaolong took a look at the surroundings only to see that only less than a hundred of his personal guards are left and the forests around them are all burning bright. He has no idea how many more enemies are out there.

Now that the enemy has caught onto him, it’ll be difficult for him to avoid them in this situation. Just as he was about to turn back and avenge Zhou Liang right before he died, there was a shrill screech as Eagle King swooped down from the sky, right into the face of that Zhao general, its sharp beaks pecking at that general’s eyes madly.

The Zhao general let out a frightening scream as he abandoned the spear that he was about to throw and grabbed Eagle King with his hands and both bird and human fell off the horse.

Because their general has met with misfortune, the pursuing army was sudden thrown into sudden chaos.

Xiang Shaolong knows that the Zhao general and Eagle King is as good as dead and felt that this opportunity should not be missed as he urged his horse to give chase.

He has just gone out about seven to eight feet when about a dozen Zhao soldiers came up from the left and right, raising their spears as they yelled and stabbed madly at their horses.

His personal guards on the left and right fell, becoming the target of massacre for the enemy.

At this point in time, Strong Wind executed its extraordinary ability and could actually suddenly pick up speed and dash out of the encirclement. Suddenly, Xiang Shaolong felt that he is all alone.

Hot blood coursed through Xiang Shaolong’s veins as murderous thoughts welled up in him. He killed his way past the dozen odd Zhao soldiers who were charging from the left.

Luckily in this dense forest, arrows are of not much use. Otherwise he won’t even have the chance to fight before he’s taken down by arrows.

Cries and screams surrounded him, the atmosphere was extremely bleak.

From behind a clump of trees, Xiang Shaolong leaned on one side of Strong Wind as he charged into the enemy formation, waving his blade and slashing towards the opposing soldiers.

His target is the one right in front holding the torch and illuminating the path. Hundred Battles Blade slashed diagonally at that person’s shoulder and fresh blood spewed immediately as he fell off his horse.

The torch fell to the grass and immediately started burning.

As the enemy were still screaming, Xiang Shaolong’s strength seems to increase as he charged into their midst and waved his blade as he chopped and slashed.

The enemy hurriedly pulled out their swords to block him but did not expect their long swords to immediately break into halves as Hundred Battle Blade sliced through with an icy sheen. The Zhao soldiers fell. Xiang Shaolong dispersed the enemy and naturally killed his way towards where the light is the weakest.

By now the enemy has gained an overwhelming advantage. Although there are still skirmishes around him, it can no longer change the situation at hand.

A feeling of fatigue welled up in Xiang Shaolong.

Witnessing the death of Zhou Liang and so many of his men, he had the thought that he will not live alone. He gritted his teeth, turned his horse around as he ran back towards where the battle cries are the loudest. In a short instant he is out of the woods into the open plains.

Amidst the scattered trees, a group of a few hundred Qin soldiers were right in front, surrounded by thousands of enemy and fighting to their last breath.

Fury welled up in Xiang Shaolong as the murderous intent magnified again and he decided to go all the way out, slashing anyone in his way. The enemies who met him only ended up dead in an instant.

The Qin army saw that their Commander has returned and their morale was greatly boosted. Following in his bravado, they actually managed to fight their way out of the enemy’s encirclement and ran towards a small hill up ahead.

Happy travels =)

No. 2? Thanks Jean
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Batam is a nice place. You can see Singapore from there. Hhahaa.. So you still feel at home while traveling abroad, Jean. Haha..

Bali will be the best choice great view, friendly people, great original food from many country (eg there are australian/japanese that I knew moved to Bali and open the restaurant there, very delicious food) Also many entertainment, surfing, sun-bathing, etc

Thanks Jean

ok, we're going to KL instead to visit friends.... haha.

and to continue the depressing story....

Just as war cries were rising behind them, the small hill up ahead were suddenly lit with hundreds of torches.

Countless Zhao soldiers swarmed down from the top of the hill, each of them carrying weapons for long distance fighting, which are precisely the weapons that are the bane to cavalry like Xiang Shaolong and his men.

Xiang Shaolong secretly sighed, knowing that Li Mu has covered all bases in his plan and have set up one obstacle after another in the woods long ago with the sole goal of apprehending and killing him.

By this time anyone would know that it is over for them and without waiting foe his orders, half of his men started escaping towards the two sides.

Xiang Shaolong could not stop them in time but knows in his heart that the enemy is deliberately forcing them to run towards the south.

Suddenly, he knows very clearly that as long as they can charge their way up to the top of the hill, there’ll be a chance where they can escape into the hilly terrain and extricate themselves from danger.

By now there are only 50 odd men by his side. He immediately shouted, “If you want to live then come with me!”

He kept Hundred Battles Blade back into its sheath on his back and pulled out the flying needles around his waist as he clasped the horse with his thighs and charged, both his hands continuously throwing out needles. The enemy soldiers all fell to the ground as they were hit by the needles.

Amidst the chaos, Xiang Shaolong had thrown out close to a hundred flying needles, until both his arms were numb. By then he had used up all his needles and behind him corpses filled the ground, a distressing sight.

By now only about a dozen odd med was with him but they have successfully gone up the top of the hill.

Hundreds of enemy soldiers were attacking them madly like preying wolves and tigers.

Once again Xiang Shaolong tool out Hundred Battles Blade.

By now his body was filled with a dozen odd large and small bleeding wounds but he could not feel any pain at all.

As he waved his precious blade, screams were heard and the corpses of his enemy on the fight filled the ground.

Without even looking, Xiang Shaolong slashed behind him and killed another enemy who was coming up on him from the back.

In front of him, a person ran up on foot with a spear and aimed it straight at Strong Wind’s neck.

Xiang Shaolong had no choice but to throw his precious blade and aimed it instead at that person’s chest and pin him to the ground.

He felt a sudden heart-rending pain behind his shoulder blade, something had struck him.

Xiang Shaolong was in so much pain he collapsed on the back of his horse and his guards risked their lives to charge their way to him and cover him.

Xiang Shaolong was thinking to himself that this is the end.

In that instant, he thought of his beloved wives and concubines far away in Xianyang, and also thought of Lady Ni, Zhao Ya, Zhao Qian and countless people and incidents.

Just at this moment of life and death, he could feel Strong Wind dodging left and right as it kept increasing its speed and ran.

The battle cries were gradually getting fainter behind him.

Darkness was surrounding him.

He held Stong Wind’s neck in a death grip, feeling as one with his horse. He consciousness gradually faded and he finally lost all senses.

He regained consciousness slowly and suddenly woke up in shock, only to feel his entire body racked with pain and felt extreme thirst.

He can’t help but groan and open his eyes.

The autumn sun hung in the middle of the empty sky.

For a brief moment, not only does Xiang Shaolong have no idea where he is, he’s also not sure what had actually happened.

He sat up with much difficulty and was shocked to see Strong Wind collapsed on its side a few feet away, it’s neck twisted in an unnatural position, it’s nose and mouth filled with foamy fluids which had solidified.

Xiang Shaolong felt his whole body shaking as he finally remembered what happened last night before he fainted.

Strong Wind had carried him and escaped from the battlefield and sacrificed its own life in order to save his.

Ever since Ji Yanran gave him the horse, he has spent more time with Strong Wind than with any of his beloved ladies.

It’s loyalty to him has never changed and reduced at all.

Xiang Shaolong can no longer control his emotions as he hugged Stong Wind’s body and cried manly tears!

He has lost.

Lost to the most famous general of that era, Li Mu.

I'm more upset the animals died. :P

Aww, that's so sad! I guess Huang Yi tugs at our heartstrings a bit more with the horse than with the people, so only natural we're following his cue...

XSL may have lost this battle, but he is still alive. Waiting for his return. Thanks Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thank you Jean. Make most of your time at KL.