Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Hi, Everyone:

My name is Balikpapan; and I am a step-into-the-past-holic.

Default well at least its not a cliff hanger

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Hi, Everyone:

My name is Balikpapan; and I am a step-into-the-past-holic.
    I have been clicking on this translation maybe 2-3 times a day every day to see what was the amazing thing XSL saw.

so firstly i wish to thank jean for the translation....
    and then i want to unthank her for susspense...

so the balance is milder form of thanks

I wonder if we are all going to re read this translation from the start when its done ?

and how it will be without cliff hangers ?

I re read the JY trilogy.

and the legendary siblings.
    Ali Derhamy

Thanks Jean for taking the time to translate this long book. I am happy that you are still translating no matter what speed you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    I have been clicking on this translation maybe 2-3 times a day every day to see what was the amazing thing XSL saw.

I re read the JY trilogy.

and the legendary siblings.
    You need to get a girlfriend, aliderhamy.

Default lol.... is this what happens ?

You need to get a girlfriend, aliderhamy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFVdm09iik
    Ali Derhamy

What a waste of eggs. She deserved it. xD

What a waste of eggs. She deserved it. xD
    well at least i know im not missing out on anything to crucial

Once were warriors Epic New Zealand movie
    Ali Derhamy

Just want Jean to know, my feeling about A step into the Past:

'Cause we belong together now
    Forever united here somehow
    You got a piece of me
    And honestly,
    My life would suck without you...

Being with you
    Is so dysfunctional
    I really shouldn't miss you
    But I can't let you go

Default you remind me of the guy at min 50 of this clip

Just want Jean to know, my feeling about A step into the Past:

'Cause we belong together now
    Forever united here somehow
    You got a piece of me
    And honestly,
    My life would suck without you...

Being with you
    Is so dysfunctional
    I really shouldn't miss you
    But I can't let you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nh9u...eature=related

he was allways breaking out into inappropriate songs and poems
    Ali Derhamy

sorry for the long delay... i had problems logging in the last 2 days, plus bz with life. :P

End of chapter....

The remaining light from the setting sun cast a sad yet beautiful glow upon the vast land below as it stretched into the horizon.

Behind it there were grand mountains and cliffs, looking dangerous yet magnificent.

Although he could see a river winding along the valley, he is certain that it is not the Yellow River.

Far away towards the left he could vaguely make out terraced fields on a hilly slope. As it is now autumn, the harvesting period, the golden fields look especially outstanding when framed against the lush green wilderness.

Behind the hill, smoke was rising from chimneys, and it looks as if there could be a small village of sorts over there.

Xiang Shaolong was hesitant. He was sure he’s never been to this place and the only way now is to ask for directions along the way but that may also reveal his whereabouts.

That night, he slept among the crevices of a huge stone and the next morning he tried to look for a route down the mountain. Only then did he understand why there is a saying, ‘going up the mountain is easier than coming down the mountain’.

After much difficulty, he finally managed to arrive at the foot of the mountain after noon.

He has finally decided to go to that village and have a look and travelled towards there through the night. By now his clothes are tattered and torn in many places and he has not shaven for days. He looked absolutely like a destitute vagabond.

Although he is on the run, but amidst the wilderness, looking at the rivers and streams with the vibrant yellow and red colors of the autumn forests, the scene is extremely beautiful. The scenic route also helped to elevate his feelings of loneliness.

From the top of the mountain, those chimney smokes looked very near but after walking for half a day, there was still no sight of the village.

Before the sky got dark, he plucked some wild vegetables to stave his hunger and spent the night next to a small lake.

He slept until the middle of the night when suddenly there were sounds of dogs barking and human voices.

Xiang Shaolong woke up in shock and knew that something is amiss. He hurriedly broke off a hollow reed nearby and hid amongst the weeds in the lake, breathing thru the reed.

He had just hidden himself when a team of a hundred odd men came right to the edge of the lake with hunting dogs.

The dogs were frantically sniffing the area where he was sleeping.

He heard someone say, “Xiang Shaolong must have been here and ran away when he heard the dogs barking. If we can capture him this time, just the reward alone is enough for us to spend for the rest of our lives.”

Xiang Shaolong heard the Han accent in their speech and was stunned. Now he knows that when Strong Wind ran, he actually brought him within the Han border so if he just continue travelling towards the West, he’ll reach the Qin borders sooner or later.

But then he thought about it again. Since the Hans are certain he is within their borders, they’ll naturally barricade the paths leading towards Qin so if he travel Westward, he’ll just be falling right into their trap.

The only way now is to hide until the danger is gone, until the enemy relaxes their guard before trying to find a way to return to the Qin border.

At this point in time, someone came right up to the edge of the lake shining a torch, reflecting the surface of the lake into a sea of red.

One of the men laughed, “If you were him, won’t you try to run away quickly?”

Someone else answered, “But the dogs keep barking, maybe he’s still hiding nearby. Why don’t we release the dogs and let them run after him, won’t that save us much effort?”

Such a suggestion was immediately met with agreement by everyone else.

The ropes were loosened and five to six hunting dogs shot towards the forest next to the lake like arrows, followed by the sounds of a fight between a howling wolf and the barking dogs, the sound gradually getting fainter.

Only now did the pursuing soldiers realize that they have been misled, the hounds were running after a nearby wolf and not Xiang Shaolong. They all ran shouting after the dogs.

Xiang Shaolong climbed up back to shore, all wet and knows that he has now become the number one war criminal which the six states have all put a bounty on. Unless he returns to Qin, otherwise no matter how big the world is, there won’t be a place for him. He dare not stop and gave up the thought of going towards the village to ask for directions. He turned around and went towards the east, going further and further away from Qin.

That night, he escaped back to the mountainous regions and started climbing cliffs and mountains again. Luckily most of the state of Han is filled with mountainous terrain, otherwise his enemies would have caught up with him long ago.

Now that he knows that he is in the state of Han, he took a closer look at his surroundings and could slowly make out some recognizable mountains and rivers. He was ecstatic and travelled towards the Jing family village, the place where Jing Jun was born.

Three days later, the familiar scene of the Jing family village appeared before his eyes.

By now he is skinny beyond recognition and weak but he is finally relieved and could no longer hold on as he collapsed into a dead faint.

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo....JEAN..!! WE MISS YOU!!

Default thanks you jean

Quote Originally Posted by crydee View Post
    Hellooooooooooooooooooooo....JEAN..!! WE MISS YOU!!
    number 2 not a winner but second best

"plus bz with life. :P"
    homer simpson sais "why you...."

hey jean is you daughter talking yet ? will be funny when she starts typing... wonder if she can take over the translation .... hahahah
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 12-14-11 at 09:51 PM.
    Ali Derhamy

Thank you Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean

Bz with life... in the kitchen??

Thank you for the long translation, Jean. Now, I know how XSL wives feel about missing him, dearly. Just like I felt, longing for this new update.

"If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
    Your head is aching, I'll make it better.

Cause I love the way you call me baby.
    And you take me the way I am" #IngridMichaelson

http://youtu.be/agV7hDoJym0

Thank you Jean!! I hope he runs into familiar friendly face!

Default HI 5

Bz with life... in the kitchen??
    Thanks for this Borat moment bro
    Ali Derhamy

new chapter....

Book 21 Chap 2 – Risky Moves

When Xiang Shaolong work up, he realized he’s lying on a wooden bed in a village hut. Medication was applied to the wounds on his body and he’s changed into clean clothes. Such a feeling of comfort is really indescribable.

The village lady who was waiting by his bed saw him wake up and ran out in shock to call the others.

In a short while, the village leader Jing Nian and a few village elders came. They all treated him with the respect due to a deity. After listening to him relate what happened, Jing Nian said, “We did send out our men to find information. The soldiers are still searching for Master Xiang. We heard that if Master Xiang is captured, there is a reward of a hundred pieces of gold so they are all trying their best.

Xiang Shaolong sat up, eating the food on the bed and asking at the same time, “Does the whole village know that I am here?”

Jing Nian replied, “We won’t be so careless, a person’s heart is unfathomable. Luckily the person who found Master Xiang unconscious outside our village is my son, so only the few of us know about Master Xiang.”

Another elder Jing Xiong added, “Master Xiang, just rest assured and stay here to tend to your injuries. Once the matter dies down a little, we’ll assign men to send you back to Qin.”

Xiang Shaolong shook his head, “To return to Qin from here is even more difficult than ascending heaven. Also, I can’t stay here for long or I will bring you catastrophe.”

Jing Xiong said, “In that case our whole clan might as well accompany Master Xiang back to Qin.” All the elders nodded their head vigorously in agreement.

Xiang Shaolong said, “Of course I will welcome all of you to Qin, but now is not the right time. It’ll have to wait until I return to Qin, that’s the only way to ensure nothing will happen.”

Another elder asked, “Then what should we do now?”

Xiang Shaolong thought hard for a while before answering, “I’ll have to trouble you to send out someone who is agile and totally trustworthy to go to Zhongmou and inform Teng Yi and Jing Jun that I am safe but can only go back after a period of time. Tell them to lead the army well and wait patiently.”

Jing Xiong said, “That is easy, our villagers frequently go to Zhongmou to pick herbs. Not only are they familiar with the route, they are also friendly with the people there so they definitely won’t raise any suspicion.”

Xiang Shaolong was relieved of one issue and said, “The soldiers will search their way here sooner or later. There are a lot of talents amongst the people after me. You can use my clothes and items to create an illusion that I have ran somewhere else. This will buy us another two to three days and I can take this time to recover and start my escape.”

After some discussion, Jing Xiong and the elders all left the room.

Xiang Shaolong fell into a deep sleep and by the time he woke up it was the middle of the night and all was quiet except for the howling wind outside and the barking dogs. He can’t help but feel his emotions go on a roller coaster ride.

The first time he came to this place, it was the middle of winter and with him at that time was the royal Zhao Princess, Zhao Qian. They spent a loving night in each other’s arms them but how can they predict that their destiny will end with Zhao Qian’s horrible death.

He can’t help but feel a deep hatred for Lu Buwei welling up inside him.

He screamed in his heart: No matter what! I, Xiang Shaolong must return to Xianyang alive and witness Xiao Pan’s ascension to the throne and Lu Buwei’s horrible end.

When day broke, Jing Nian came with news that will make him glad.

Turns out that although his 2,000 strong army was totally exterminated, but their sacrifice was worth it, for it allowed the main bulk of the Qin army to return to Zhongmou safely. Right now Li Mu’s army is surrounding and attacking Zhongmou but there are news that he has suffered quite a lot of casualties as well.

Xiang Shaolong was relieved. They had predicted that the Zhaos will launch a counter-attack at Zhongmou so they’ve already stocked up on grains and fortified the city walls. Besides, with Huan Qi’s army to support them, even if the enemy is Li Mu, he’ll not find it easy to reclaim Zhongmou.

With Li Mu’s intelligence, the only way for him ultimately is to retreat back to Changcheng.

Jing Nian added, “I sent someone to Zhongmou yesterday, so there won’t be any problem with this issue. Hai!”

Xiang Shaolong knows that something is on his mind and said with a smile, “You’re elderly, please speak your mind.”

Jing Nian said, “Master Xiang is right. Another troop of soldiers went to the Shang family village 50 miles from here yesterday and they were searching and snatching things, even injuring a few of their people. The Shang family village saw that there were a lot of soldiers so they dare not make any comments although they were furious.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly sighed and asked, “How long will it take to travel from there to here?”

Jing Nian said, “At least 2 days. Master Xiang can wait until tomorrow morning before you leave.”

Thanks Jean First for the First time

thank you jean...whooosh
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008