Page 23 of 321 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

to continue.... new chapter....

Book 2 Chap 9 – Flirting with the virtuous lady

He returned to Lady Ya’s palace when Guo Zhong sent him the things he ordered. There were about a thousand pieces of flying needles, and the sight of it gave him a great boost. Lady Ya and Wu Tingfang were discussing the use of those strange things like springs, hooks etc, and when they saw him coming back, they immediately queried him. Xiang Shaolong hugged the 2 women and kissed and touched them until they were delirious and he totally avoided answering them. Suddenly a little esteemed guest arrived, and it’s Master Pan, who was happily boasting to him how he managed to wrestle and fell a lot of people. But he added, “But they defeated me very soon again.”

Xiang Shaolong asked him about the young prince’s attitude. Master Pan said, “Master is really great, to have beaten that bunch of warriors. The Young Price might not admit it, but I can see that he is quite awed in his heart. Those who have not tasted your prowess and bravely wanted to seek you out but they were all rejected by Young Prince.” Lady Ya laughed, “What? Your little gang of bullies have finally met your nemesis?” Master Pan looked at her lecherously, not at all giving way and said, “Isn’t Aunt Ya conquered by Master as well?” Lady Ya was so furious that she stared at him with rounded eyes, and ignoring him, left with Wu Tingfang. Master Pan stared at Wu Tingfang’s perky bottom and said appreciatively, “Sister Wu is really pretty, no one in the palace can be compared to her.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly reprimanded him for being a little lecher, but if they were to exchange positions, he may not be any much better than him. It’s simply too easy to obtain women here. He asked, “Lad! Tell me, have you done it with women?” Master Pan was excited as he replied honestly, “Of course, but I’m still a long way off compared to Master, even Aunt Ya has been conquered by you. I’ve long appointed you as the most attractive man in Zhao for women.” He continued with a low voice, “Have you touched Mother?” Xiang Shaolong was stunned for a moment, this little imp is really difficult to handle, how can him impart to him the correct values? Master Pan lowered his voice and added, “I’ve just asked Mother, her face turned red and she chased me out, but I can tell that she secretly likes you.” Xiang Shaolong did not know whether to be angry or to laugh, so he dragged him to the garden, forced him to do a few more exercises and taught him a few basics of the Mohist swordplay. Master Pan has already regarded him as his idol, and for once he was intent on practicing. It was only after dinner that Master Pan left, sad to part.

Xiang Shaolong had been working hard the whole day so he dragged the 2 ladies to the pool for some fun while the 8 maids helped them pour in hot water. This enjoyment like that of an emperor gave him a feeling of decadence. When he’s having fun, who cares about so much. But nevertheless he is someone who will not be willingly controlled by fate, so after having his way with the 2 ladies, while still hugging them in the pool, he started asking Lady Ya about the situation in the various states. He asked, “Why is it that the other states know how formidable Qin is, but they do not unite against him? For example our trip to Wei this time, on the surface it’s a peaceful trip but in actual fact there’s something more sinister going on.” Lady Ya replied, “If you don’t stop caressing me, how do you expect me to give you a proper answer?” Xiang Shaolong released his hand that was encompassing her well endowed bosom, kissed her face and said, “Speak then!” Wu Tingfang moaned, “Shaolong! Fang’er wants to listen as well!” Xiang Shaolong laughed and moved his hand to hug her slender waist instead and asked, “Will this do!” Wu Tingfang kissed him happily and hurriedly said, “Sister Ya speak quickly.”

After spending these 2 days together, and with Lady Ya trying to get into her good books, these 2 ladies became as close as sisters. Lady Ya arranged the thoughts in her mind and sighed, “The main reason, I think is the problem of geography. For example the 2 states of Qi and Yan, are further away from Qin, so they do not feel the pain as acutely as us. Everyone knows that to become stronger, one has to expand the territory, that’s why when the Yan saw us suffering a serious set back after Changping, they took the opportunity to invade. Who’d have the time to think about uniting against Qin.” Xiang Shaolong nodded his head, “Ya’er’s analysis is very reasonable, I’m sure the 6 states will be destroyed by the stronger Qin sooner or later, we should make plans earlier.” The 2 ladies were silent and unconsciously came closer to him. Only that way can they feel a sense of security. In this era, losing a war means death to a warrior, and to women from the royal family it means losing their most basic dignity, and end up being worse than prostitutes, as playthings for men.

In the warm water, touching the 2 alluring bodies, Xiang Shaolong’s mind began to wander, thinking about his extraordinary encounter. These few days he has not thought of which era he should belong to. All the relatives and friends are getting further and further away from him, separated by time that cannot be crossed. Something must have gone wrong with that Crazy Ma’s machine, and he will be classified as mysteriously missing. No one will bother about him, the forgetful people will soon forget him, leaving him alone with secrets that he cannot reveal to anyone, struggling to survive in this heartless warring states. He once had grand dreams as well, it was Yuan Zong’s sacrifice that fired his valor, making him think of using Emperor Qin to conquer the world and create a unified society. But the real situation about Emperor Qin shattered his dream, and he now only wants to numb himself with wine and beauties, enjoying life to the fullest.

He’s not willing to give himself up to despair just like that. But what can he do? If the trip to Wei is successful, he may face the prospect of losing his official post and his life upon his return because Zhao Mu will certainly not let him off. The King of Zhao may be treating him very nicely now, but those royalty never regarded their subordinates as ‘humans’. There’s no such concept as human rights in this era. What plans can he make? He can only take each step as it comes. Once he thought of this, Xiang Shaolong released the 2 ladies and pulled Xiaozhao, who was pouring in hot water for him, into the pool, and began his outrageous acts. Amidst the women’s giggles, the pool bubbled with countless loving acts.

The next day Xiang Shaolong taught Master Pan the Mohist swordplay for a while, and after joking and talking with him, realized that this stubborn little boy is 4 to 5 years more mature than others his age, wild and rebellious yet strong and smart. For the first time Xiang Shaolong felt a liking towards him. Master Pan suddenly exclaimed earnestly, “Master! Will you marry my Mother? There are a lot of people who want to possess her inside and outside the palace, if someone I hate gets her, I’d rather kill myself.” Xiang Shaolong looked at him in shock and said with surprise, “I didn’t know that you care for your Mother that much. But even if I have the intention of marrying your Mother, I’d still need his Majesty’s approval. Firstly I have not made any significant contributions, secondly my position is lowly, so how can his Majesty agree. We’ll talk about this at a later date!” Master Pan said dejectedly, “What shall Mother do than, I’ve never seen her look at another man the same way she looks at you.”

Say, how long more before we get to see Ying Zheng?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Say, how long more before we get to see Ying Zheng?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I think he's already appeared. I won't ruin it for you, but if this is anything like TVB's version, then Ying Zhen has already shown up.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    I think he's already appeared. I won't ruin it for you, but if this is anything like TVB's version, then Ying Zhen has already shown up.
    I was thinking the same thing. Just depends on whether TVB followed the novel or if there were some creative alterations.

Is this worth reading? I want opinions from current readers. And is Xiang Shaolong a horny guy?

I feel this is the best novel translation currently in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Is this worth reading? I want opinions from current readers.
    I find that to be a rhetorical question. Obviously, people who are still following the story have to find it interesting in order to stick around. Otherwise, current readers would not be current readers.

And yes, the main character is a horny man.

to continue.....

What an astute kid. Xiang Shaolong reached out and tousled his hair and was about to speak when from the corner of his eyes, he saw the fresh looking Zhao Ni walking towards them, her fragrance already preludes her presence. She saw Xiang Shaolong touching Master Pan’s head, and her own son looking so obedient, a feeling of happiness she has not felt since her husband died in battle welled up in her and she said with a smile, “Good morning Mister, there’s no way I can express my thanks to you, and I can only repay you in my next life.” Master Pan said quietly, “Mother! Why the next life?” Lady Ni’s cheeks immediately burned and she was shocked and embarrassed at the same time. She stared at him and said angrily, “Xiao Pan you really don’t think before you speak, this is extremely rude towards Mister and your Mother, you…”

Xiang Shaolong knows that it is going to be difficult for her to round this embarrassment up nicely, and Master Pan is a stubborn kid as well, so he quickly said, “Xiao Pan, aren’t you going to make your escape quickly?” Master Pan laughed and ran away. The atmosphere became even more awkward. Lady Ni was at a loss, it seems wrong to try to explain, but it seems even worse if she doesn’t explain.

Xiang Shaolong looked at this virtuous lady looking so alluring lost, her resolution wavering and knows that the longer they stay in silence, the more the ambiguity of their feelings will increase. He thought it interesting and deliberately did not speak, but just looked at her eyes. Lady Ni stole a look at him and their eyes met, she suddenly felt her body going soft, her heart beating erratically. What should she do? How can she lose her composure like that. Xiang Shaolong saw that she’s almost dying of embarrassment and thought that Master Pan was right, it’s better to benefit oneself rather than others. He asked quietly, “Shall we take a seat in Linzhong Pavilion?” Linzhong Pavilion is the deepest part of Lady Ni’s courtyard, in the dense osmanthus forest, there is a hidden and exquisite pavilion, a good place for a rendezvous.

Isn’t this considered a date.

Lady Ni was stunned for a moment and lifted her head to look at him, confusion filled her eyes, unable to speak. Xiang Shaolong knows that her heart was confused and wavering between the 2 extremes of preserving her chastity for her dead husband and to give herself to him in gratitude. He did not wait for her reply and seeing that there’s no one around, he pulled her slender hands and walked towards the osmanthus forest. Lady Ni was pulled along by him and was unable to break free so she had no choice but to follow him and lightly reprimanded him, “Mister Xiang…” Xiang Shaolong was holding her soft hand, his heart seems to be filled with sweetness. He felt the excitement of flirting with a virtuous lady so he has no time to think whether she’s willing or not. He just pulled her along the forest and his eyes brightened, the pavilion appeared right in front of him.

Lady Ni struggled hard and broke lose of his grasp. She stopped moving immediately, lowered her head and said sadly, “Will Mister respect Zhao Ni’s reputation?” Xiang Shaolong knows that the more haste, the less speed, so he said gently, “I, Xiang Shaolong is not someone who will force another, come! Let us just sit for a while in the pavilion and enjoy the fragrance from the osmanthus.” Lady Ni said quietly, “But you must first promise me that you’ll be respectful.” Xiang Shaolong thought to himself, the worse is that she will not stay, because if she’s willing to stay, there’s no way she can escape his clutches. If she can escape, he’ll change his family name from Xiang to Zhao. He walked into the pavilion, sat on the stone ledge and signaled to her respectfully, “Lady please come in for a short stay.”

Lady Ni seems to have forgotten that Xiang Shaolong has not agreed to her condition of being respectful, and she walked daintily up the pavilion and leaned on the stone ledge next to him. Because Xiang Shaolong was sitting on the ledge, their height is now about the same. The 2 faces met straight on, 2 pairs of eyes interlocked. This time Lady Ni was braver and did not look away, just that she looked lost and her bosom heaved as her breath quickened, as she does not know how to hide her own feelings at all. Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed on seeing that she finally could not withstand his flirtations, and began to lose his control, but yet he cannot be overly anxious or she will not be able to accept it. He asked gently, “Can you smell the fragrance of the osmanthus?”

Lady Ni’s face blushed redder and she nodded and made a sound of acknowledgement. Xiang Shaolong slowly extended his right hand carefully, and touched the side of her waist first, slowly but steadily moving his hand behind her waist and around the other side of her waist. Lady Ni was standing unsteadily and with a gasp, half of her body fell into his arms, her soft bosom pressing tightly on his right chest. Their breathing immediately quickened. Lady Ni is shaking in his arms like a frightened bird, but she did not struggle or object. She was blushing to the ears, her heart is like a furnace, melting down the barrier of 9 years.

That is such a long time. Xiang Shaolong came close to her face, only a few inches away and almost kissing her fragrant lips and asked, “How can the fragrance of the osmanthus be compared to Lady?” Lady Ni was at a loss and said, “Didn’t we agree that you will not be rude towards me?” Xiang Shaolong is an expert at handling women and knows that the more he behaves like a rascal now, the easier will he achieve his aim so he asked in surprise, “How can this be considered rude, it’s a very big respect instead?” Lady Ni was shocked but she was unable to speak, because her lips were already locked by a strong and flirtatious man.

The fiery tongue teased the inside and outside of her mouth. Lady Ni has always been a regal and conservative person, even her husband before his death treated her with much respect and abided by the ancient rules. They only sleep together once a month and there’s no bodily contact at all outside of bed. To her, Xiang Shaolong’s invasion now is even more outrageous than what her dead husband has done to her, and this is the reason why she cannot accept Master Pan flirting with the maids. But in an ordinary royal family, the parents will usually close an eye on such matters. What is most hateful is that the way Xiang Shaolong took advantage of her is a hundred times more bold and clever than what her dead husband did. His fearlessness gave her a taste of excitement she’s never felt before, until Xiang Shaolong invaded her tiny mouth did she instinctively extended her hand to push him, trying to separate the 2 lips. Her token struggle only served to fan Xiang Shaolong’s desire. Initially he was only acting rashly, but now he is consumed by a burning desire, unable to stop himself.

I think XSL is beginning to act like men of that era, having no respect for women at all! He really thinks hes god's gift to women of that time. It's a bit unscrupulous the way he toyed with Lady Ni. :P

I think XSL is beginning to act like men of that era, having no respect for women at all! He really thinks hes god's gift to women of that time. It's a bit unscrupulous the way he toyed with Lady Ni. :P
    You're thinking this just now? Bit slow on the uptake, are ya, dear?

Thanks for the translation as always!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I'm tired of the constant remarks that the main character is horny, too much sex and details, etc. Yes this story is worth reading, there's enough plot that even after the drama cut, cleaned and condensed things, it still was entertaining.

XSL flirtatious nature changes gradually as he grows more aware of the reality of the dangers around him and his responsibility to protect close ones. Thus the story starts off heavy with sexual detail and then it shifts to political conflict and action. There will be humour, funny dialogues/modern perspectives, characters to love and hate, more duels and battles, plots and schemes... and yes there will be more sex.
    Last edited by dustbiter; 01-24-08 at 06:05 AM. Reason: add more content

I still have no problem with the sex scenes, I think they are fun to read (and a novelty for me since this is the first time I came across them in a wuxia novel)

I think XSL is beginning to act like men of that era, having no respect for women at all! He really thinks hes god's gift to women of that time. It's a bit unscrupulous the way he toyed with Lady Ni.
    Lady Ni has her own will power and ethics so XSL is not really being disrespectful. Also imho he is not toying with her at all; he is a man and she is a woman and they desire each other. After all the eye locking, what will happen in the pavillion is already easy to guess. If one goes and sits there willingly then that means she wants it too.

The part where the Lady is presented as virtuous serves only yet another male fantasy - in reality Lady Ni is not really that virtuous after all. A woman who truly wants to protect herself would have never gone into a secluded place with a man unless her life is threatened or something.

Jean you are so kind to translate this novel Thank you so much

The things a virtuous woman will do out of gratitude!

Hi Jean,

I started reading your translation of ASITP today and as of now I'm up to Book 1 Ch. 7. It's getting pretty interesting so far with Xiang Shaolong learning swordplay from Yuan Zong and stuff. Thank you so much for translating this story. Looking forward for more and keep up the good work.

Lady Ni is just as horny as the rest of the women in the story. Calling her virtuous is such a misleading statement. And XSL's self proclaimed "respect" for women is barf inducing. But all this hypocrisy and hedonistic activities are strangely addictive to read. Perhaps I too am a hypocrite .

As always, many thanks to Jean!

I also think this novel is a fun read and I think the hero's action is a good reflection of the author's time period. Women are not exactly empowered, but they have sexual desire and do not exist as beautiful art objects without personal desire (like the XLN probably scarred for life by her encounter, or Wong Yu Yin, Floral Palace women, Ren Ying Ying).

I think the sex scenes can be over the top (= hilarious), but I'm surprised by people's reaction.

Hahhaa.. Jean.. either way you look at it, it is another one in XSL's list of wives and partners.. hahaha.. And here I thought ZN had a chance to fend off XSL's advances. sigh.. The trouble of showing gratitude..

Thanks Jean.

end of chapter.....

He knows that he cannot just stop at this forced kiss, so as his tongue intertwined with hers, he hugged her closer, one hand holding her soft waist tightly and the other hand caressing her fragile cheeks, ears, hair and tender neck. Lady Ni’s hands were grabbing his collar tightly, trembling and panting, her pretty eyes closed, the intention to struggle being overwhelmed slowly by the long kiss. Xiang Shaolong’s hands became naughty and slipped into her collar and when it came to her smooth and voluptuous bosom, Lady Ni gasped and her hands held his disobedient hands tightly in a death grip from outside her clothes. Xiang Shaolong knows that she is not really unwilling, but it’s just a natural reaction of a woman trying to preserve their chastity so he was not disheartened. He caressed her full bosom with determined strength and moved his attack down inch by inch, and at the same time increased his attack on her mouth.

Lady Ni gasped and trembled, finally losing the defense of her chest, her bosom being taken over completely by Xiang Shaolong. The strong feeling of excitement and happiness made her hands surrender, unable to make any moves to defend at all. She lowered her hands and grabbed Xiang Shaolong’s strong waist. Xiang Shaolong let his hands travel around her jade white chest, then stayed there motionless, slowly leaving her burning lips and lowered his head to study her pretty face. Lady Ni’s mouth was opened due to her heavy breathing, and she slowly raised her lids, and it seems that she was looking at him angrily for a moment before closing her eyes again in embarrassment.

This look is even more effective than any flirtations. Xiang Shaolong removed his hands from her clothes and touched her taut and long legs. Lady Ni gasped in surprise and caught hold of his hand, her eyes begging him. Xiang Shaolong caressed her legs, slowly moving up while his lips came towards her mouth again.

Right at this intense moment, the sounds of maids calling could be heard. The both of them were startled and separated. Lady Ni panted, “Please, stop her, don’t let her see me like this.” Xiang Shaolong pinched her thigh hard before walking out of the woods and stopped the pretty maid who was running towards him and asked, “What’s the matter?” The pretty maid blushed and curtsied before saying, “Master Tao from the Wu residence is looking for Mister. Sister Xiaozhao from Lady Ya’s residence has accompanied him here.” Xiang Shaolong replied, “Will sister please ask him to wait a moment, I’ll be right there.” The pretty maid said, “Mister just call me Ying’er!” and after giving him a sweet smile, left.

Xiang Shaolong was in high spirits and when he returned to the pavilion, Zhao Ni had already slipped away. He gave a bitter smile and returned to the hall to meet Tao Fang. Tao Fang looked well traveled and when he saw him, he said in a low voice, “We just received secret news, this trip you’re making to send Third Princess to Wei’s capital Daliang is not without danger. No only are the horse thieves eyeing you, it seems that the state of Qi wants to spoil this marriage arrangement between Wei and Zhao, and they’re getting someone to spoil Zhao Qian’s chastity. Shaolong must be very careful.” Xiang Shaolong exclaimed in surprise, “This should be a highly secretive affair, how did the news leak out?” Tao Fang sighed, “Naturally someone leaked the news deliberately. From what I see, this traitor would either be Zhao Mu or Prince Shaoyuan. N Xiang Shaolong was stunned, “What good will this do them? Prince Shaoyuan will be in the same boat as me, if we’re attacked, he’ll be in danger as well!” Tao Fang replied, “It may be a complicated affair, I’ve come specially to remind you, the journey will begin tomorrow.”

Xiang Shaolong remembered the Juzi token, and after telling him to send someone to give it to him, sent him off after chatting for a while longer. He was just contemplating whether to return when Lady Ni’s maid Ying’er came to inform him that she’d like to see him. Xiang Shaolong was a little surprised and followed her into the house. In the study he saw Lady Ni who was now back to her respectable self. After Ying’er closed the door and left, Xiang Shaolong walked forward cautiously and asked gently, “Is Lady is upset with me for being rude?” Lady Ni stared at him lovingly, lowered her head and said, “You’ve been rude for a long time, so how can I blame Mister?” Xiang Shaolong felt a rush of desire and grabbed her soft hands, saying with a smile, “I’m pleasantly surprised by Lady’s admiration!” Lady Ni’s pretty face blushed again, and allowed him to toy with her slender hands and complained, “Mister will be going on a mission to Wei tomorrow. Hai! How do you expect me to spend this time?” Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic, on hearing such heartfelt words, he pulled her into his arms, his mouth moving over her face as he said, “Time is short, will Lady blame me for being too fast?”

Lady Ni’s dailty body softened and she shook her head, lowering it. Xiang Shaolong felt his desire burning and as he kissed her, he loosened her clothes. Lady Ni let go of all restrictions and allowed him to do as he wants, even encouraging him with her tongue’s fiery reaction, totally enrapturing Xiang Shaolong. Chaste women like this who have restrained themselves for so long, once they release their feelings, are frequently more vigorous than lascivious women. Lady Ni is like that, her long surpressed feelings erupted like water busting out from the mountains. The two of them were entwined for more than 2 hours before they stopped for lunch.

Master Pan came back excitedly and announced, “I defeated another 2 people, they all want you to become their Teacher.” He then looked perplexedly at his mother who now has a glow that is not usually seen. Lady Ni is really lousy, and she blushed in front of her son. She couldn’t bear to leave Xiang Shaolong either, and she looked thoroughly enticing. Master Pan looked at Xiang Shaolong and asked happily, “Teacher and Mother…” Lady Ni was embarrassed and overjoyed at the same time and reprimanded, “I won’t allow Xiao Pan to speak further.” Master Pan stuck his tongue out and giggled but he stopped talking and started eating energetically instead.

Xiang Shaolong felt a rush of desire again and touched her thighs under the table, a feeling of bravery welling up in him. If he cannot protect the women he love, how can he be considered a hero. Su Nu and Shu’er are dead, he will not allow another tragedy to fall on any of his woman. Once he thought of this, he’s filled with valor, and resurrected again.

I'm fine with his lecherous nature, it's just that I expected Lady Ni to show more resistance to his 'charms' and I was disappointed that she fell as easily as well.

It'll be a refreshing change to at least have ONE woman who can resist him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    If he cannot protect the women he love, how can he be considered a hero.
    With the rate that XSL is bedding women, he'll have to do a whole lot of protecting. Some of the women are bound to get into trouble or possibly get killed off. Huge heartache and headache in store.

I do wonder how the Floral Princesses would fare against his "manly charms". Would they succumb to temptation or kick his @ss?
    Last edited by tweety365; 01-25-08 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    With the rate that XSL is bedding women, he'll have to do a whole lot of protecting. Some of the women are bound to get into trouble or possibly get killed off. Huge heartache and headache in store.

I do wonder how the Floral Princesses would fare against his "manly charms". Would they succumb to temptation or kick his @ss?
    I think they'll kick his @ss before he even has a chance to try anything. Remember, all these women he's met (with the exception of the assasin, who did kick his @ss) do not know martial arts. And the floral princesses are more like the 'kill first, talk later' kind of people.
    Last edited by Jean; 01-25-08 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think they'll kiss his @ss
    er... typo?
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.