Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Thanks Justin

Thanks for the new chapter ~~

such intrigue on a ship.... Thanks Justin!

Again, thanks!
    The long chapter is worth the wait. The ending in a cliffhanger is an added bonus.

wow ...
    thanks a lot Justin ....

Wow! Hurricane speed, I am blown off my feet. Thank you once again.

Book 22 Chapter 02: Going along with the plan

Xiang Shaolong was taken aback: “Why do you say it’s a trap?”

Xiao Yuetan surmised: “Few individuals are my match when it comes to plotting and trickery. When you told me how you managed to rise to your current position, I already smell a rat and paid extra attention to everyone and everything around me. Not only does Zhang Quan hates you to the core, Dong Shuzen and the courtesans close to her can’t wait to see the last of you. Given such circumstances, Zhu Xiuzhen’s invitation can only be a trap.”

Xiang Shaolong sobered up and cursed his own inattentiveness. He nodded: “I suppose when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Fortunately, I had no intention of going anyway.”

Xiao Yuetan was baffled: “Since when did our great Xiang Shaolong become so easy going? As the saying goes: It is hard to fight external battles when the internal battles are not won yet. If we do not use this opportunity to diminish our enemies’ influence, the schemes coming from these women coupled with that b@stard will catch you off guard one day. Moreover, you have promised Feng Fei to assist her in resisting the men lusting over her. If you do not counter attack them with some trickery, how are you going to prove yourself to her?”

Xiang Shaolong was awkward: “I am not used to scheming against women and I always have a soft spot for them. In addition, I have no clue how I can counter this beauty trap.”

Xiao Yuetan beat his own chest with confidence: “Firstly, let me analyze the entire scenario. From my conversation with Yun Niang last night, I found out that Dong Shuzen and Zhang Quan are sleeping partners; and the same goes for Sa Li and Zhu Xiuzhen. They are not genuine lovers but just trading 5ex for power and vice versa. Now that Sa Li has been dismissed and Zhang Quan demoted, you have indirectly antagonize both Dong Shuzen and Zhu Xiuzhen. You are in a perilous state right now.”

Hugging his blanket, Xiang Shaolong concluded: “This is Feng Fei making use of me to restructure the Song & Dance Troupe. Otherwise, why should she trust a complete stranger like me?”

Xiao Yuetan agreed: “Feng Fei is a scheming beauty and is even more cunning than a fox. You have become one of her chess pieces. I can sense that she dare not offend Dong Shuzen; otherwise, even Zhang Quan will be dismissed along with Sa Li. Ha! What kind of trap is Zhu Xiuzhen laying for you? I don’t think she has the courage to kill you. It is most likely she will malign you for entering her bedroom with an ulterior motive, pressuring Feng Fei to sack you from the troupe.”

Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed: “That sounds like a good deal to me. If I can leave the troupe, you can then engage me as a driver or a manservant. By then, no one will be able to identify me!”

Xiao Yuetan exhaled: “Going over to my side is even more dangerous. Many of my shipmates have seen your WANTED portrait and someone may recognize you after spending more time with you. That is why I tricked Gongsun Heji and the others back to my ship. Only when I have completed your disguise can you interact more freely with them.”

Xiang Shaolong wondered: “What should we do now?”

Xiao Yuetan shook his head, smiling: “Zhu Xiuzhen is only adept at using her body to trap men. Shaolong, are you interested to try out this woman? I guarantee that it will be a memorable session and you will not be disappointed.”

Xiang Shaolong’s excitement is beginning to stir but he quickly suppressed it. He rejected: “I am not used to making love to a woman who has no feelings for me, nor do I want to overpower her in such a manner. If Feng Fei knows about our relationship, she will have a bad impression of me. So this is undoable.”

Xiao Yuetan concurred: “I forgot that you are a true gentleman. Since this is the case, let’s give her a scare and teach this wanton woman a good lesson.”

He continued detailing his plan in soft whispers.

As the river wind blows through the air, Xiang Shaolong snaked out of his cabin through the cabin window. Using his climbing equipment, he hooked up the higher decks and stepped on horizontal planks protruding from the ship’s body. Like a lizard, he shimmied towards Zhu Xiuzhen’s bedroom.

Luckily, the layer of ice formed on the ship’s external wall has melted away due to the rise in temperature. Otherwise, it will be a precarious climb even with the hooks and ropes.

There is complete silence on the ship and the shore is equally noiseless. Under such hostile weather, everyone will want to snuggle in their warm bed and blankets.

Every time he passes through a cabin window, he has to stoop down.

He has to travel past ten odd cabins and only a few of the cabins are still illuminated with a faint candlelight. Zhu Xiuzhen’s cabin is obviously not one of them.

The three rooms nearest to the ship’s front belong to Feng Fei, Dong Shuzen and Zhu Xiuzhen, the three most influential courtesans. Yun Niang’s room is on the opposing side.

As Xiang Shaolong’s room is nearer to the ship’s tail, he has to climb a long distance, through several sections of the ship before he can arrive at Zhu Xiuzhen’s window.

It is a different world being inside the cabin and outside the ship. Besides the difference in temperature, it also evokes a different kind of feeling.

Xiang Shaolong was humoured.

He resembles a hero from Wuxia (sword-fighting) novels who can scale walls and jump from roof to roof. The only disparity is: He is not fighting for justice but simply trying to preserve his existence.

Xiao Yuetan’s assessment of Feng Fei has made him more wary of this beauty.

As the saying goes: Never trust anyone. He is too gullible and even more so in front of good-looking women. His mind has subconsciously given him the impression that these women are equally beautiful on the inside. A woman’s heart is hard to fathom. Right now, Zhu Xiuzhen is a living example.

Xiang Shaolong retrieved his grappling hooks and shot them out again, further and higher. Using the momentum, he repeated this step a few times and finally landed outside Zhu Xiuzhen’s window.

The room is so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

He was about to draw out his dagger and pry open the window when he heard intermittent sounds of moaning coming from Dong Shuzen’s window up ahead.

Xiang Shaolong was stunned and curious at the same time. He couldn’t help but inched forward to her window and place his ear again the wall.

Who could be in Dong Shuzen’s room?

He was in a state of shock after hearing what followed.

It turns out that the two person making love in the room are both women and he could hear them screaming in ecstasy as they reached their orgasm.

It appears that Dong Shuzen is a bi-5exual.

He was about to leave when Dong Shuzen praised in a hoarse voice: “Xiuzhen is really good.”

Xiang Shaolong was astounded. Why is Zhu Xiuzhen in Dong Shuzen’s room? And who is in Zhu Xiuzhen’s room right now?

Didn’t Yun Niang tell Xiao Yuetan that Dong Shuzen and Zhu Xiuzhen are hooked up with Zhang Quan and Sa Li respectively? In that case, Dong Shuzen should be opposing Zhu Xiuzhen instead. Why are they a lesbian couple now?

While he was in a state of confusion, Zhu Xiuzhen panted: “To think that you are still in the mood to tease me. That fellow should be making his way here soon. If we continue making out, we will not be able to hear him entering my room.”

Dong Shuzen giggled: “All we need to hear is Xinyue’s cries of rape!”

Zhu Xiuzhen pondered: “I only switched rooms with Xinyue tonight. Will this arouse Mistress’s (Feng Fei) suspicions?”

Dong Shuzen sniggered: “This is the best part of the scheme. Even if Feng Fei suspects us of any misdeeds, she will also see for herself that Shen Liang is just a pervert. He is newly promoted to manager but is already trying to get fresh with the courtesans. How can he shoulder heavy responsibilities in the future? Besides, she has to bear with us because without us, there is no way she can hope to win Lan Gongyuan and Shi Sufang.”

Zhu Xiuzhen reflected on her words for a while and whispered: “I really cannot understand what a prestigious person like Mister Tan sees in that lowly servant Shen Liang.”

Xiang Shaolong was just about to leave but upon hearing her comment, he continued to eavesdrop.

Dong Shuzen sighed: “This fellow has certain abilities and his fighting skills alone is heart-stopping. If not for the fact that he is above bribing, I don’t mind letting him take advantage of me.”

Xiang Shaolong doesn’t have an inkling why is Dong Shuzen coming up with all these schemes. He wished that she will divulge more of her plans but when their silence is interrupted by sounds of light moaning, he lost all interest and returned back to his cabin.

After Xiao Yuetan heard his story, he was greatly amused too. He ran the thoughts over his mind and slapped his thigh, exclaiming: “I have a plan. We can turn their scheme around to attack Zhu Xiuzhen and increase your standing within the Song & Dance Troupe.”

Xiang Shaolong quickly asked him for the details.

Xiao Yuetan whispered: “You can write a letter. Inside the letter, you can express your gratitude for Zhu Xiuzhen’s love but you are unable to accept her affections and ask for her forgiveness at the same time. We will place the letter under the door to Zhu Xiuzhen’s original room, now occupied by Xinyue. In this case, we can expose their scam and at the same time, prove that you are a man who can resist such temptations.”

Xiang Shaolong bitterly laughed: “This cannot be accomplished. I can fight or lead an army to war but writing a letter is simply beyond me.”

Xiao Yuetan was in a daze and laughed: “I did not think of that. Well, I suppose I can write the letter for you but you have to sign it yourself. Just remember not to sign Xiang Shaolong on it.”

Solving this difficulty for good, Xiang Shaolong can feel his shoulders lightening and laughed together with Xiao Yuetan.

Early next morning, the ships began sailing, continuing their journey.

After having breakfast in their rooms, Xiao Yuetan joined the courtesans at the ship’s front deck, enjoying themselves as they admired the picturesque scenery on both sides of the shore. Xiang Shaolong is kept busy as he learnt the ropes as the troupe manager.

As expected, Little Ping’er was guiding him on the side.

He may be thinking too much but Little Ping’er’s attitude towards him seemed to have improved. When they were auditing the new purchases at the basement of the ship, she asked out of the blue: “Why did you take the rap for someone else?”

Xiang Shaolong was confounded: “What rap are you talking about?”

Her face reddening, Little Ping’er replied: “Last night, I discovered that Yun Niang’s partner is Mister Tan and realized that I have wronged you. Why didn’t you refute my accusations?”

Xiang Shaolong deliberately provoked her: “Didn’t you mention that Mister Tan is an upright and righteous gentleman? Furthermore, Sister Ping’er did not give me a chance to speak out. My conscience is clear and I do not owe you an explanation. So I guess Sister Ping’er will not despise me anymore?”

Little Ping’er is greatly embarrassed and changed the topic: “You seemed to have aged a bit over the past two days. Even your hair is turning white.”

Xiang Shaolong was panicking inside but acted like nothing is out of the ordinary. He laughed: “There are people whose hair grew white overnight; I am considered to be lucky as I only have a little bit of white hair.”

Little Ping’er knows that he is hinting that he was so worried about her misunderstanding him that his hair turned slightly white. She was surprisingly pleased and shot him a look before resuming an official expression, instructing him on his responsibilities.

Xiang Shaolong was secretly laughing his heart out. Teasing cute babes is one of life’s little happiness.

Oddly, Feng Fei summoned him to join her for lunch. Xinyue was invited as well.

Xiang Shaolong of course know what this is all about but he feigns innocence.

Feng Fei took this opportunity to ask him about his new duties before going straight to the point: “Does Manager Shen know that he was nearly a victim of a vicious plot?”

Xiang Shaolong acted surprised: “Your servant (polite way of saying I) does not understand Mistress’s words.”

Opposite him, Xinyue clarified: “At Zhu Xiuzhen’s request, I switched rooms with her last night and I became the recipient of your ‘love’ letter. Does Manager Shen understand now?”

Xiang Shaolong pretended to be angry at being cheated. He cursed: “So she is planning to harm me.”

Revealing a gentle expression, Feng Fei praised: “You did not disappoint me. Whoever I hired in the past will eventually succumb to their advances. Manager Shen is the only exception.”

Xinyue commended: “I did not expect Manager Shen to have such good writing skills too!”

Xiang Shaolong frankly admitted: “That was written by Mister Tan after I begged him to help me. Except for being able to sign my own name, the rest of my writing is unintelligible.”

Feng Fei nodded: “You are willing to speak the truth. That is very rare. But Manager Shen is extremely eloquent and knows a wide variety of proverbs. Why are you unable to write a simple letter?”

Xiang Shaolong obviously cannot reveal the truth. He lied: “I have read a few books but did not practice my writing.”

Xinyue was startled: “Manager Shen must be the son of an official. Ordinary folks will not get to read books.”

Xiang Shaolong is facing the ‘identity interrogation’ of his lifetime. During those ancient times, the printing press is not invented yet and every single book is hand copied onto cloth or bamboo. Books are not commonly found and are considered precious items. If not for ancient scholars starting public schools to educate the masses, only the rich and powerful are entitled to learning words and becoming literate.

If the two ladies continued asking about the books he has read before and their authors and such, his lies will be exposed.

He sprouted nonsense: “I came across some books while serving Great General Lian (Po).”

Feng Fei bought his story and assured: “Zhu Xiuzhen’s scheme is a small matter. In the future, even if someone disparages you, I will not believe it.”

Xinyue appears to be quite fond of Xiang Shaolong. She suggested: “When we are rehearsing our routine later, it will be good to have Manager Shen around. It will be good for you to know about our manpower arrangement together with the props we will be using. Can you be there?”

Xiang Shaolong acquiesced.

Feng Fei abruptly let out a sigh, frowning her two delicate eyebrows.

Xiang Shaolong may be used to seeing pretty faces but he cannot deny that she has one of the most elegant eyebrows he has ever seen.

The eyebrows looked like they are personally hand painted by the Creator, crescent-shaped and simply flawless.

Xinyue sighed with her and murmured: “Mistress must be feeling perplexed over that issue again! This trip to Lin Zi, we must not lose to the Three Courtesans Troupe and the Soft Boned beauty.”

Xiang Shaolong has nothing to add.

If they need a swordsman for a duel, he can absolutely do his part. But in this aspect, he is unable to make a contribution.

From Feng Fei’s expression, he can guess that she is having some difficulties over the Song & Dance arrangements.

Being in the creative industry, Feng Fei would certainly want a breakthrough.

This also means challenging her own ways of thinking and doing things, to break her own mold. Needless to say, it is not easy to reinvent yourself.

Feng Fei’s expression became slightly downcast and she kept mum.

Xinyue is the one continuing the conversation and specially reminded Xiang Shaolong to come to their rehearsal tonight.

After taking his leave, Xiang Shaolong was about to return to his room and corroborate his story with Xiao Yuetan when someone called out from his back: “Shen Liang!”

Xiang Shaolong turned around. It is the ‘matchmaker from hell’ coquettish maid Little Ning.

She rushed along the long corridor towards him, speaking in a loud voice: “Why didn’t you come over last night? Mistress waited tirelessly for you the entire night.”

Xiang Shaolong apologized: “I was waiting in bed but I accidently fell asleep as I was too tired. I beg your pardon Sister Ning.”

Little Ning was infuriated: “You are really incorrigible. Mistress is very upset with you now!”

Xiang Shaolong casually shrugged his shoulders, giving her a helpless look, stunning Little Ning with his indifference. He turned back and started walking towards the wooden steps linked to the lower deck.

Little Ning caught up to him and pulled his sleeve, admonishing: “You are going to just go off like that? How are you going to redeem yourself?”

To prevent her from harassing him, Xiang Shaolong faced her and directly offered: “The person I like is actually you, Sister Ning. Why don’t you accompany me instead!”

Little Ning apparently knows about making out and glared at him, chiding: “Do you want me to be thrown out by Mistress? Ai. Since you are such a nice person, I will try to salvage the situation for you!” Xiang Shaolong is becoming impatient and coaxed: “Love cannot be forced. Sister Ning need not worry about this. Why don’t you come to my room tonight?”

Seeing that her plan has failed, Little Ning was worried: “How can we use your room? Mister Tan is your roommate.”

Stretching his hand out to pinch her cute face, Xiang Shaolong chuckled: “Mister Tan is a considerate man and will not mind at all.”

Finishing, he walked off, laughing inside his heart.

Back in his room, he shared his story with Xiao Yuetan. Both men found his encounters hilarious.

Xiao Yuetan began to dye his hair and beard. In the middle of the disguise session, someone came to summon Xiao Yuetan at the request of Feng Fei. Both men were shocked and hastily hide the entire disguise apparatus.

Alone, Xiang Shaolong is about to take an afternoon nap. Unexpectedly, Zhang Quan came looking for him. Zhang Quan appear very amicable, the complete opposite of his former self.

After he got seated, Zhang Quan officially state: “Brother Shen used to serve Prince Wuji. Apparently, you want to make a name and fortune for yourself. I want to make a deal with Brother Shen and see if we can reach an agreement.”

Xiang Shaolong already knew he has an ulterior motive for coming. He plainly requested: “Brother Zhang please speak your mind!”

Zhang Quan confessed: “I did harbor ill intentions when I first hired Brother Shen as a carriage driver. However, you cannot pin all the blame on me. This is not an easy role to fulfill. You will know what I mean when we arrive at Lin Zi. Those rich men and powerful officials viewed us as lowly servants and we will be in trouble if we let our guard down. After being angry when they failed to gain Mistress’s (Feng Fei) attention, they will vent their frustrations on us. If Brother Shen is willing to work with me, I will definitely take care of you like my own brethren. After all, I have been the troupe manager for the past two years.”

Xiang Shaolong was laughing inside. He prompted: “Brother Zhang, please come straight to the point.”

Zhang Quan’s eyes rotated a few rounds before leaning forward, divulging: “The biggest advantage when working with me is that Brother Shen can enjoy pleasures of the flesh. Except for a few untouchables, I can even get Second Mistress (Dong Shuzen) to sleep with you.”

Xiang Shaolong pretended to be surprised and chortled: “Brother Zhang must be kidding me.”

Zhang Quan hurriedly swore an oath that he is telling the absolute truth before adding: “As long as Brother Shen is willing to follow my advice, I can reward you with five ingots of gold now. When the mission is accomplished, I will give you another ten ingots.”

Xiang Shaolong is amazed.

Fifteen ingots of gold is not a small sum and can allow anyone to lead a luxurious life for many years. Where did Zhang Quan get his money from?

Thinking about this, he can safely predict that Zhang Quan has been bribed by someone rich, powerful and has evil designs on Feng Fei.

(See you guys Monday! Happy Weekend to all. Appreciate all the thanks!)

FIRRRSSSSSTTTTTTTT

Thanks, Justin

Quote Originally Posted by kohchun View Post
    FIRRRSSSSSTTTTTTTT

Thanks, Justin
    good to see you, old friend!

Reading this story is one of my life little happiness!

Thanks!!!!!

hopefully second!
    "I may walk slowly but I'm walking forward"

Thanks Justin ^^, We love you
    "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is Mystery.
    Today is a gift... That`s why we called it Present."

omg thx for this

Thanks Justin...
    Can't believe I am looking forward to Monday...hahaha

These women must have lots of free time on their hands with nothing to do. So much sex and scheming... gosh, enough to give me a headache. Must play politics everywhere. Poor XSL.

Justin, you are simply amazing! I'm in awe of your rate of updates. I feel the same as crydee... can't believe I'm looking forward to Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks Justin

@kochun had the unabridged thread of SITP being updated??

Not yet. Will try to finish this by this weekend. Thank you for your patience!

eh.... Monday came early?

Book 22 Chapter 03: Ancient Opera

Xiang Shaolong observed Zhang Quan beating around the bush and not going straight to the point. He guessed Zhang Quan is testing his limits before revealing the full picture. He affirmed: “The money is very tempting and I would hate to be Brother Zhang’s enemy; however, Mistress (Feng Fei) and I have an affinity for each other. I will not repay her trust with malice.”

His words are tactfully chosen, making his stand clear that he will not do anything against Feng Fei’s interest.

Zhang Quan cunningly scoffed: “Brother Shen is mistaken! Why would I cause any harm to Mistress (Feng Fei)? For the past few days, I admit that I am upset with her for demoting me. But thinking back, it was my own fault. Thus, I do not have the right to bear any grudges.”

Xiang Shaolong was curious: “What does Brother Zhang expect of me? Whatever I can do, Brother Zhang can do better. There is no need for you to lose those glittering pieces of gold into my pocket!”

Zhang Quan leaned towards Xiang Shaolong and whispered: “Are you aware than Little Ping told somebody she has affections towards yourself?”

Xiang Shaolong frowned: “What has this got to do with the deal? Anyway, I don’t believe she will tell anybody she likes me.”

Zhang Quan snickered: “She did not say it out word for word but she often talks about you in front of the others. Based on her personality, it is as clear as day that she has taken a serious liking to you.”

Xiang Shaolong can feel his head aching.

In the present situation, he cannot allow himself to be entangled in any relationships. Moreover, he is too softhearted when it comes to handling the fairer 5ex. All these complications will only add to his burdens and he secretly warned himself to resist such temptations. He rejected: “Brother Zhang need not speak any further. Making use of Sister Ping to achieve our goals is beyond me. How about this? I will plead with Mistress (Feng Fei) to promote you back to your original appointment and I will serve as your Assistant Manager. We will all be on good terms once again; isn’t this better than all the daily infighting?”

Noticing his resolute countenance, Zhang Quan was irked and cussed: “Brother Shen is too naïve. Do you really believe that you are promoted to my ex-position because Mistress (Feng Fei) believes in your abilities? She is only using you as a scapegoat! In fact, she is already in love with a mystery man. After her trip to Lin Zi, she will disappear with him to an undisclosed location, leading a life of seclusion and happiness. According to my estimations, she will pretend to develop feelings for you and use you as a diversion, drawing attention away from the real culprit. You will die a wrongful death.”

Xiang Shaolong was outraged: “Who is that man?”

Zhang Quan groaned: “I will not have come to you if I know who he is. Except for Little Ping’er, nobody knows about Feng Fei’s affairs.”

Xiang Shaolong’s opinion of Feng Fei is becoming less and less favourable.

And it is all because Zhang Quan’s words make perfect sense.

Feng Fei is as wise as an owl. She is unlikely to place all her hopes and safety in his hands and yet she gave him such an impression. She is obviously trying to stir up his heroism, painting herself as a helpless damsel who requires his protection. In actual fact, she could have easily planned her own retreat from Qi.

On the other hand, Zhang Quan has been bribed by someone to destroy her grand plan and detain her for his (the rich person) personal enjoyment. Even if he (rich person) cannot win her love, he will have her body.

Feng Fei is like a limited, top quality gem, which everyone wishes to acquire. Although no one can openly use force to obtain her, there will be countless schemes to achieve the same result.

The circumstances are unbelievable.

He was unlucky enough to be drawn into this turmoil.

Zhang Quan assumed that Xiang Shaolong has changed his mind. He took his money pouch out from his bosom and counted five ingots of gold. He put his arm around Xiang Shaolong’s shoulders and gently persuaded: “My mastermind is a high ranking and influential man in Qi. He is one in a million. Brother Shen only need to do your job well and you may be even rewarded with an official post. He loves Mistress (Feng Fei) whole-heartedly and will give her a good life. At the end of the day, take it that we are doing Mistress a huge favour.”

There is no way Xiang Shaolong will trust his words.

But if he puts himself in Zhang Quan’s shoes, he will too bluff about have a rich and powerful backer in Qi because it is indeed an effective way to coerce the weak into submitting.

Xiang Shaolong plainly requested: “Let me try to understand the situation more thoroughly before I commit to a decision. Brother Zhang, please keep your gold for the time being. Ai! Regardless I work with you or not, you should give me some time to consider your proposal.” Looking at his unwavering appearance, Zhang Quan nodded: “All right, but you must give me an answer by the time we arrive in Lin Zi.”

After Zhang Quan left, Xiang Shaolong is still fixated in his daydream.

Will Feng Fei really use him as a scapegoat for the man of her dreams?

With her refined and lovely facade, it is hard to imagine that she is such a despicable person.

From the beginning, he had assumed Zhang Quan to be Dong Shuzen’s lapdog, but it is apparently not true after analyzing his (Zhang Quan) tone.

Dong Shuzen is trying her best to get rid of him, while Zhang Quan is trying his best to bribe him. Their actions are contradictory to each other.

He is getting more and more muddle-headed when Xiao Yuetan returned to the room.

Listening to Xiang Shaolong’s exchange with Zhang Quan, Xiao Yuetan frowned: “Never in my wildest imagination did I expect Feng Fei’s retirement to cause such a big hoo-ha. It appears to me there is indeed a mastermind trying all means and ways to have Feng Fei all for himself. To a certain extent, Zhang Quan’s words sounds logical. Feng Fei enjoys the respect of numerous Kings and Lords. If she takes the trouble to ask for assistance, she will have no lack of capable men coming forward to offer their protection. And yet she has to be so secretive about the whole thing. Thus, I conclude that her mystery lover is someone unique, maybe even someone who has a lowly status. Exposing this person’s identity will cause disaster to befall upon him.”

Compared to Xiang Shaolong, Xiao Yuetan has a better understanding about the mentality of the rich and powerful. He queried: “Is Feng Fei so wicked that she will really use me as her scapegoat?”

Xiao Yuetan grinned: “Let’s wait and observe the situation further. I am sure things will be clearer after some surveillance. Our Shaolong is no pushover after all; whoever dares to scheme against us can expect a scheme in return.”

Xiang Shaolong agreed.

Who would have thought that such a small Song & Dance Troupe would involve such complications?

Wow my first post and first.
    LOL
    Thanks Justin

Thanks Justin