Page 27 of 321 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Yes I do know names and traits of future characters is a minor spoiler and I sounded like some spoiler nazi. But it would be nice if new readers know as little as possible.
    I only wish that the new readers get a better experience reading for the first time.

new readers should start from the first post and if they read the comments by readers, they're basically looking for spoilers.

but i don't think trinket's posts held any spoilers. just stating the facts.

Actually you are stating your opinion, not a fact. The fact is that trinket revealed names and a little of the personality of two future characters.
    Last edited by dustbiter; 02-03-08 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter View Post
    Actually you are stating your opinion, not a fact. The fact is that trinket revealed names and a little of the personality of two future characters.
    Actually tweety's opinion was that I was stating facts about the novel just like your OPINION contending that I had posted spoilers.

By the gist of it, I guess your displeasure stems from me revealing the two female characters name. Would it be better if I have said X Girl and Y Girl instead? Seriously a name without description is just a hollow identification. Maybe when those characters appear, readers will pay more attention to them, but how does that reveal the plot? If you are going to play the technical word game and contend that I "described" them when I mentioned they exhibited modern feminist traits, I ask you did I say what those traits consisted of? There are a myriad of characteristics and qualities that could fit that description. You feel that I have revealed their personalities based on that description probably because you have read the novel. Most of the people reading this translation have not; and the belief that they can somehow clairvoyantly foreshadow plot lines based on two names and a vague reference is, I feel, unreasonable.
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

maybe it's time to post a thread that just have the story in it only.
    that way new people who don't like spoilers can read thru that...and not accidentally read posts that might be consider spoilers and ruin their experience
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Most people who watched the drama already know or guessed the main plot and most of the characters already. Just finding out what's the different from the novel or what's missing.

It would be better if you simply used the spoiler tags but it's your choice if you want to label characters A-Z. Yes I still think minor spoilers were revealed. The minor clues add up in the future and point out the major characters. Mentioning them over other characters hints at their greater involvement.

I feel you are overreacting anyway, trinket, its just a reminder to keep things spoiler-free on my part, there's no need for caps or calling others unreasonable.
    Last edited by dustbiter; 02-03-08 at 11:23 PM.

All right everyone, cool down and let's move along with the story.

trinketwei, in reply to your earlier qn, I've not read the entire book, so I'm translating as I read.

Xiang Shaolong smiled embarrassingly and kept the 2 separate hooks back into the chests and said with a bitter smile, “You don’t have to obey me anymore?”

Lady Ya immediately softened and went into his arms, saying sadly, “I sent Xiaozhao over many times to look for you but was stopped by the guards. I thought you were unhappy with me over Prince Shaoyuan’s matter and I was in a panic, so I came to look for you. How would I dare to disobey you!” She can’t help but ask, “What are those things?”

Xiang Shaolong said condescendingly, “Just some toys, but sometimes they have unexpected uses.”

Lady Ya’s slender hands reached out and took a ring of long and thin metal pieces, some curved and some with a small fork at the other end. She thought about it and asked, “Is this used to open locks?”

Xiang Shaolong knows that he can’t hide this from an expert like her and nodded his head helplessly.

Lady Ya turned her body around, a look of shock flashed past her pretty eyes. She looked at him for a while before saying, “I’m beginning to feel more and more that you are unfathomable. Just now you tricked and killed Xu Hai and avenged Zhao Er and at the same time helped me vent my anger. Ya’er is really grateful to you and am willing to do anything for you.”

Xiang Shaolong saw how obliging she looks and gave her a long kiss as a reward before whispering in her ear, “Promise me! Don’t tell anyone what you saw, all right?”

Lady Ya was dizzy from his kiss and nodded her head blissfully, her pretty eyes half closed and said coyly, “Xiang Lang’s words are my most important orders. Since I know you do not wish me to ask about such matters, Ya’er will never ask you again in future.”

Xiang Shaolong was assured by her kind understanding and took the opportunity to ask her to find someone to help him sew something to be tied around the waist so that he can keep those thousand odd flying needles. To be able to do something for her beloved, naturally Lady Ya agreed happily.

That night they enjoyed themselves amongst indescribable warmth and love.

They continued on the journey early the next morning.

Prince Shaoyuan’s side has quiet down and staying right at the back to show that they’re a separate group but they did not do anything new to antagonize the others.

The sense of unease Xiang Shaolong felt became even stronger.

For a spoiled brat like Prince Shaoyuan, he’s definitely not one to swallow an insult. Now that he seems to be controlling his temper, it must be because there are traps to deal with him once they enter Wei.

Third Princess Zhao Qian stays in her carriage all day long with the curtains lowered. Even when she left the carriage, a veil covers her face and she’d hide immediately in her tent, not taking even a step out, which totally irked Xiang Shaolong.

Traveling in the day and resting at night, by the 4th day they finally reached the stockade nearest to Zhao’s border, District Ci. The general guarding the city, Wa Che was extremely respectful to this wedding entourage and hosted a feast in the General’s Manor for them. Zhao Qian and Lady Ya are royalty, so naturally they did not attend the feast while Lady Pingyuan and her son excused themselves. Luckily this Wa Che is a humorous person full of anecdotes, so the guests and the host all enjoyed themselves.

After the feast Wa Che took Xiang Shaolong to tour the border of the state of Zhao, the lolling hills surrounding the endless city walls.

Standing on the city walls, Xiang Shaolong remembered that in future Emperor Qin will join the walls of the various states and become one of the world’s 10 miracles, the Great Wall of China, and allow China to be able to unify all the states for a long time. He can’t help but feel a string of emotions well up inside.

These city walls were thick and high, the moat in front of the city deep and wide. It’s indeed the best way to defend against an enemy in those times. In the distance a huge river surrounds them, the rushing torrents extremely breathtaking.

Wa Che pointed to an empty plains outside the city walls and said with a smile, “That would be Great Zhao’s ugliest place, but it’s man-made. Every once in a while, we’ll have to chop down all the trees outside the city, not leaving even a stone. Anything that can be moved will be moved into the city, not allowing enemies to find anything useful to attack the city with.”

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself that this is what they call fortifying the walls and clearing the wilderness. Looking at the watchtowers that was built after every hundred feet or so, he sighed with compliment, “With such defenses, who’d be afraid of the enemy attacking?”

Wa Che pointed at the huge river in the distance and said, “Our city walls which spans a few hundred li also depends on the natural defenses like the possibility of floods and the layout of the land to defend ourselves mainly against Wei and Qin.”

Xiang Shaolong agreed, “It is of utmost importance that the border city is situated at a dangerous and important location. Our city walls are backed against mountains and that in itself is a location that is easy to defend but difficult to attack.”

The long city walls are like the strong arms of a giant, hugging Zhao tightly and safely in his arms.

Wa Che said proudly, “In order to deal with the enemy’s hundred and one weird methods of attacking a city, for example piling soil to raise the height, cloud ladders, digging tunnels, attacking with water, lining up along the walls like ants, or even using ballista, nest vehicles etc to attack the city walls and we had to make repairs to the walls on many occasions. Now I’m not trying to boast, but even with the vicious Qin army and us not having any reinforcements, we can still block them for quite a few months.

He then took him to look at the various weapons for defense like cross bows, halberds, spears, axes, long mallets, long sickles, long axes, stone ramparts etc. As well as various carriages used to ferry soil or people, which is a real eye opener for Xiang Shaolong.

There’s a huge amount of water and sand on top of the walls as well as containers like water jars, wooden and tiled jars. There are even stoves and cauldrons. All these are used to defend against the enemy using fire to attack them, or used to attack enemies who are climbing up the walls.

Xiang Shaolong stored all these information in his memory, thinking to himself that there may come a day where he’ll need to use such prehistoric tools to attack a city. At least he won’t be at a loss then.

Lastly Wa Che said, “The key points in defending a city, besides having all the defenses up, is to have enough rations and fuel, and the most important is to have sturdy soldiers who stand their posts inside, as well as reinforcements outside. As the saying goes, if there’s no army worth saving, then there’s no city worth defending.”

Xiang Shaolong lowered his head and listened to the lesson, but when he thought of how few men are left in Zhao, he can’t help but feel anguished! He really feels like dragging the conniving Zhao Mu here and let him have a taste of facing the enemy with the possibility of perishing under the city walls so that he will never dare to hide safely Handan plotting how to get rid of loyal officials all day long.

Only at dusk did Xiang Shaolong return in high spirits.

He returned to the huge military mansion where they are staying when Xiang Shaolong suddenly had an idea. He used the excuse of paying his respects to Lady Pingyuan and went to the east wing to visit this lady whose power extends into the two states Wei and Zhao.

Last edited by Jean; 02-04-08 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter View Post
    It would be better if you simply used the spoiler tags but it's your choice if you want to label characters A-Z. Yes I still think minor spoilers were revealed. The minor clues add up in the future and point out the major characters. Mentioning them over other characters hints at their greater involvement.

I feel you are overreacting anyway, trinket, its just a reminder to keep things spoiler-free on my part, there's no need for caps or calling others unreasonable.
    I felt you were the one being overly sensitive about how there were spoilers in my post. You also misinterpreted what I meant regarding X Girl Y Girl. My point was a name with any specific characteristics or what their involvement in the plot does not reveal anything. I could have very well have said there is female character Jane Doe who has exhibits some qualities of a modern woman in this novel. I had hope you would be more specific in how those names foreshadow the plot, but you simply respond with a circular argument. I have no intention of doing a character glossary as there are just too many to remember not to mention disrespectful to Jean who has done a great job in translating the novel.

I do apologize if you felt that unreasonable comment was rude, but that was directed at the premise in general and not at you in particular. You are entitled to your opinion that I should have put a spoiler tag as I am entitled to mine. Additionally, it appears that a lot of people are familiar with the series and just want to know how it deviates from the novel. Our debate is pointless and detracting from overall point of this thread. Let's agree that this is a great novel and leave it at that. Peace.
    弃我去者作日之日不可留,
    乱我心者今日之事多烦忧.

If there's any doubt, it's a spoiler. So be polite and put them in the tags.

Thanks Jean.
    I support it. Let's cool down. Some of us here are newer than others but I think the basic rule I guess (and i think Han Solo can clarify), if in doubt tag it. Let's not have this kind of things spoil the great work that Jean is doing here.

I for one, is loving jean's translation of this book. So Jean, TWO THUMBS UP! And if I have more thumbs I would put them up as well!

i get this feeling that xiang shaolong would have sex with lady pingyuan...

Jean you are still the master as always i love this novel even though i havent read an update since shaolong threw the dagger at lady ni's son i still check for the updates everyday but im currently saving them up for the february long break ^_^ love you for translating this on a side note omfg i managed to find the duke of mount deer novels though its the english deer and the cauldron are the english version faithful??????

to continue.... end of chapter

Coincidentally Prince Shaoyuan is not around and after the servants conveyed his presence, Lady Pingyuan received him in the main hall of the east chamber.

This is the first time Xiang Shaolong met Lady Pingyuan, and saw that she was graceful and beautiful. Because she took good care of herself, she looked a lot younger than she really is and from afar, she looks like she is in her 30s. Only on a closer look can one see the fine wrinkles below her eyes, but these did not spoil her beauty.

Her hair was combed into a high bun, slanted to the side, which seems to tremble falteringly, making her look even more womanly.

She’s wearing an embroidered silk skirt, silk shoes sewn with flower patterns, the hairpieces on her head inlaid with turtle shells, with pearl earrings. She looked very captivating and attractive.

Xiang Shaolong did not expect that after having such a grown up and wicked ‘kid’, she can still maintain such regality. He was secretly surprised and after paying his respects, he took a seat below.

Lady Pingyuan, with 4 maids standing erect behind her, was scrutinizing Xiang Shaolong closely but her expression remained cold. There was not a trace of happiness at all, making the atmosphere extremely awkward.

Xiang Shaolong started by saying, “Lady must have had a hard journey, if there’s anything that I have not done well, please do not hesitate to reprimand me.”

Lady Pingyuan looked at him calmly and said, “Who’d dare to blame sir?”

Xiang Shaolong knows that because he has offended her son, she is keeping herself aloof and was about to find an excuse to leave when Lady Pingyuan dismissed her maids and said seriously, “A good man is one who understands the time and situation, and I wonder if Imperial Protector Xiang is one who understands the time and situation?”

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself that the show is about to start, and said respectfully, “Would Lady please enlighten Shaolong.”

Lady Pingyuan said icily, “If you can’t even comprehend the situation you are in, I do not wish to waste my time talking to you.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought her formidable and said, “A good bird will choose a tree to nest in, but if there are rotten trees everywhere, then won’t it have no nest to rest itself even if it has lofty aspirations of flying high up into the sky?”

It must be known that what the two of them are discussing is akin to betraying Zhao, so Xiang Shaolong deliberately used metaphors so that Lady Pingyuan will not be able to use this to trap him.

Firstly he doesn’t really think that it’s a great deal to betray Zhao, and secondly, if he can get into the good books of this woman, maybe the trip to Wei will be a lot more easier. Or else if she were to say something about him to Prince Xinling, he’ll be in big trouble.

Lady Pingyuan seems very impressed with what he said and a trace of a smile could be seen from the corners of her mouth and she said nonchalantly, “The strongest now is Qin. But the Qins are barbaric and extremely discriminatory against other races. Even with Shang Yang’s many meritorious reforms in Qin, his entire family was still executed, so for a good bird to choose a tree, there are many other factors to consider as well.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly surprised at her opinions, and for a moment couldn’t decide if she is trying to acquire him so he tested her, “Is Lady aware of the situation between me and your son?”

Lady Pingyuan’s pretty face turned frosty and said, “Useless young thing, looking for his own humiliation, Shaolong can ignore him. Since when is it his turn to make decisions?” She continued with a smile, “If not for the fact that you’re excellent in both martial arts and scholarly pursuits, and you were able to lure Xu Hai to his death under such circumstances, I won’t even be bothered to say all these to you.”

Xiang Shaolong felt his heart run cold, the people in this era really treat a human life as nothing. Seeing that she’s so astute and formidable, he knows that he cannot offend her, so he said respectfully, “Would Lady please guide me.”

Lady Pingyuan’s attitude warmed up and said gently, “Shaolong should be very familiar with the situation in Zhao. The King of Zhao favors Zhao Mu and this person hates you, but do you know the reason why?”

Xiang Shaolong sighed, “It seems that it’s because I took his Lady Ya away from him.”

Lady Pingyuan’s sharp eyes shot an icy look at him and said with a cold humph, “You think too lowly of Zhao Mu, why would he give up a rare can capable talent like you over a s.lut that everyone can have.”

On hearing the way she described Zhao Ya, Xiang Shaolong naturally felt very uncomfortable. But he has to admit that what she’s saying is true, or at least that was what Zhao Ya was like in the past. At the same time he was curious and asked, “What could be the reason then?”

Lady Pingyuan smiled mysteriously and said, “Because his Majesty has taken a liking to you.”

Xiang Shaolong immediately felt himself go numb and he exclaimed hoarsely, “What?”

On seeing his expression, Lady Pingyuan giggled, “You’re really muddleheaded, if not because Xiaocheng is looking at you differently, why would he give you such a good task.” She continued after staring at him intently, covered her mouth and smile, “Anyone who likes men will not let you off, Shaolong you’d better be careful,”

Xiang Shaolong saw that her eyes seems to be speaking volumes now and she looked coy. His gaze can’t help but drop down to her perky chest and felt an itch in his heart. However he quickly thought of the great enmity between him and her son over Su Nu’s death and had to stop himself from uttering the flirtatious words that was about to come out from his mouth. He sighed and said, “I understand, that’s why Zhao Mu will use all methods to kill me, but I’m also worried that Prince Shaoyuan might be secretly plotting against me!”

Lady Pingyuan smiled mysteriously and regained her icy expression and said, “Let’s not talk about this first. Shaolong, tell me honestly, in the whole wide world now, who has the capability of stopping the thieving Qins from attacking eastwards?”

Xiang Shaolong was stunned, as he’s still not that familiar with the situation in the warring states period now and cannot think of such a person. But he has to reply her or Lady Pingyuan will surely be offended.

As he was thinking, Lady Pingyuan hinted gently, “Don’t tell me Shaolong doesn’t even know the person who helped Handan during its difficult period 6 years ago?”

Xiang Shaolong exclaimed, “It’s Prince Xinling!”

258BC, the King of Qin sent his generals to attack Zhao and heavily surrounded Handan while Wei sent Jin Bi to help but the King of Qin threatened them. The King of Wei was frightened and actually ordered Jin Bi not to move his troops. Later Prince Xinling used Hou Ying’s trick to obtain the military token and told his man Zhu Hai to kill Jin Bi and to usurp his troops. That year Prince Xinling defeated the Qin army greatly right under the walls of Handan and even Qin’s main general Zheng Anping surrendered to the Zhaos.

This battle caused the reputation of Qin to fall greatly while Prince Xinling became a respected man by everyone. But because of this, Prince Xinling offended the Wei king and was unable to return home. After staying in Zhao for a many years, he only returned to Wei last year after the death of Prince Pingyuan.

Now it’s Lady Pingyuan’s turn to return to Wei, and of course it’s because once again Prince Xinling has solidified his power and is inviting Lady Pingyuan back.

Lady Pingyuan gladly commented, “Now Prince Xinling is the only one who can gather the world to fight against the Qin, so unless Shaolong wants to throw in your lot with the Qins, or else the only place that you can stay on will be this choice. If I am willing to recommend, I guarantee that you will be highly regarded.”

Xiang Shaolong knows that the only way is to try to delay. Luckily no matter how smart or formidable she is, she will never guess that he has Emperor Qin as one of his moves, so he got up and thanked her, “Thank you, Lady, for your recommendation!”

The 2 were about to continue their conversation when Prince Shaoyuan rushed in excitedly and shouted, “Mother!”

Lady Pingyuan said angrily, “Shut up!” She turned towards Xiang Shaolong and said, “Imperial Protector will you please go back first, I’ll discuss with you in details what we’ve talked about at a later time.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly thinking that Prince Shaoyuan has come at the right time, so he hurriedly bid his farewell and left.

Last edited by Jean; 02-04-08 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    i get this feeling that xiang shaolong would have sex with lady pingyuan...
    The better question would be, "who doesn't he want to have sex with?"
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 02-05-08 at 03:28 AM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

This is what I like to see. Political intrigue and jealousy and backstabbing, oh my!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Things are getting good. I love mind games almost as much as a good fight!

Thanks a bunch Jean. Translation going wonderfully well

Thanks Jean.
    Well it seems everywhere XSL looks there are a stunning women.. hahahaa..

ok, new chapter and a long update coz I'll be away from my PC the next few days to celebrate CNY. So here's a cliffhanger for you guys

Happy New Year! Cya next week!

Book 3 Chap 2 – Tribulations in love

When Xiang Shaolong returned to his residence, Cheng Xu came up and told him, “Someone from the Wu family is looking for you.”

Xiang Shaolong was greatly surprised and with Cheng Xu’s accompaniment, went to the quiet side hall.

A tanned man of about 35 or 36, with 2 exquisite ‘lian’ made of steel crossed behind his back, looking like swords without scabbards, standing straight in the middle of the hall, his eyes shining, with an imposing aura about him.

The pair of ‘lian’ is about 5 feet long, and it looks like something between a spear and a halberd, just very much shorter.

That person saw Xiang Shaolong, a gleam shot past his eyes and he knelt down, “Wu Zhuo pays his respects to Grand Young Master-in-law.”

Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed as he knows that he is the leader of the Wu family’s secret army and hurriedly helped him up. Cheng Xu thoughtfully made his exit.

After they were seated, Wu Zhuo said, “Under Master’s orders, we’ve been scouting ahead for Grand Young Master-in-law, and indeed we found out something.”

Xiang Shaolong saw his somber expression and was secretly alarmed.

Wu Zhuo continued in a low voice, “I don’t know who leaked the news, but the most vicious horse thieves between the borders of Wei and Zhao are aware that you are bringing treasures and Zhao’s prettiest ladies and traveling towards Daliang. The situation is extremely unfavorable for you.”

Xiang Shaolong furrowed his brows, “The Weis won’t just sit by and do nothing right?”

Wu Zhuo replied, “Someone from Wei secretly told us that not only will King Anli not send anyone to protect you, he even supplied horses and weapons to one of the biggest group of horse thieves called Hui Hu and secretly ordered them to attack your convoy.”

Xiang Shaolong was shocked, “Isn’t that Hui Hu the one who attacked us within the borders of Zhao? Why did he go to Wei?”

Wu Zhuo replied, “It’s the same person. At that time they suffered heavy losses after their attack failed, and later the Zhaos pursued them, that’s why they escaped to the Wei border and gathered dissidents on the way. Now they have more than 1000 men, not a force to be taken lightly.”

Xiang Shaolong is getting a headache over all these. Firstly why would the King of Wei send men to deal with him, secondly how did he end up working with Hui Hu’s group of horse thieves.

Wu Zhuo added, “All along, we’ve suspected that the few groups of horse thieves within the Zhao border has the backing of the King of Wei so that they will weaken Zhao’s strength. That’s why every time they are in danger, they will escape to the borders of Wei and now this has affirmed our theory.”

Xiang Shaolong is getting a splitting headache, the more he finds out about the relations between the various states, the more he feels that the complicated relationship is making him even more confused. He furrowed his brows and asked, “But this time we’re giving the Third Princess of Zhao to the Weis, why would the King of Wei use such methods to receive us?”

Wu Zhuo replied, “I’m not very sure of the real reason, but we can guess that this involves the power struggle between the King of Wei and Prince Xinling. Ever since Prince Xinling stole the military token and defeated the Qin army, his accomplishments is considered greater than his master, so naturally this will incur the wrath and jealousy of the King of Wei. Besides Prince Xinling has stayed in Handan for a long time, so if the King of Wei can destroy the marriage agreement, the most affected by this will naturally be the relationship between Prince Xinling and the Zhaos.” He continued, “And the marriage agreement is brought about by Prince Xinling single handedly.”

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself ‘Heavens!’ Why are the relationships between the people in the warring states period so complicated and incomprehensible. Lady Pingyuan was trying to recruit him on behalf of Prince Xinling earlier, and the Zhaos have a more sinister plot to steal Prince Xinling’s ‘Lu Gong’s Secret Manual’. What kind of a relationship is all these?

Wu Zhuo whispered, “We have spies in Hu Hui’s camp, and apparently Hu Hui hates you to the core and is determined to capture you and all the ladies alive and rape all of them right in front of your eyes in order to give vent to his anger.”

Xiang Shaolong gave a cold snort, “That’s only wishful thinking on his part.” He sighed and continued, “Are there any news of that person who does not wish to be a human but wants to be a beast instead, Xiao Weimou?”

Wu Zhuo shook his head, “This person is famous for being mysterious, every time he attacks it’s a surprise, there’s no clue about an impending attack at all. He’s a lot more frightening than Hui Hu.”

Xiang Shaolong is so vexed he felt like pulling out his hair, and said seriously, “The route to Wei was planned by Zhao Mu long ago, with the approval of the King of Zhao, so it cannot be changed. If the person who leaked the news is Zhao Mu, this means that the enemy will be very familiar with our route, so we’ll always be in a situation where we can only react to circumstances.”

Wu Zhuo smiled meaningfully, “Would Grand Young Master-in-law be someone who listens to orders blindly?”

Xiang Shaolong chortled and nodded, “You really understand me.” He thought to himself this time he will have to use all his tricks and make use of the modern military knowledge he learnt to deal with the various traps laid along the way.

Wu Zhuo added, “I’ve brought with me a hundred good fighters, to become Grand Young Master-in-law’s family warriors. Hei! To be able to work under Grand Young Master-in-law, we’re all very excited.”

Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic, and after the two of them secretly discussed the details, Wu Zhuo left in a hurry.

He’d just stepped out of the hall when he learnt that the pretty maid Xiaozhao had been waiting patiently for him for a long time.

Xiang Shaolong told her to return first. He found Cheng Xu and told him briefly the dangerous situation.

Cheng Xu’s face turned pale on hearing it and said, “I’ll find Zha Yuanyu immediately to discuss this matter and tell him to bring more rations and increase fortifications so that we can deal with the thieves’ attacks.”

Zha Yuanyu is Cheng Xu’s assistant, and also the rations officer for this trip, in charge of setting camp and all co-ordinations. If the enemy were to attack, they’ll either look for dangerous spots to lay a trap, or to steal their rations. Therefore it’s a must to increase the defenses of the camp.

After Cheng Su left, Xiang Shaolong recollected his thoughts and went to the inner courtyard.

Xiaozhao, Xiaoyu and the rest of the maids were all in the hall, happily sewing the armor for him that he will be using to hold his steel needles.

When they saw him arriving, they surrounded him and frantically helped him remove his heavy armor, and tied the inner armor made from cowhide, filled with small and long pockets, with strings around his waist. As if it’s a game, they laughed as they slipped the needles into the sturdy pouches, revealing only about an inch of the tip of the needles.

He tried a few moves, rapidly pulling out the needles and throwing them towards the wooden door, hitting it with a ‘chook chook’ noise. He realized that although he’s wearing about 20 over catties of flying needles and his armor, but he could still handle the extra weight without any hindrance to his movement and speed.

Xiang Shaolong’s mood changed for the better and after bantering with the maids for a while, he went towards Lady Ya’s room.

The 8 maids continued working hard to make this needle pouch more sturdy and perfect.

Inside the bedroom Lady Ya seems lost in thought.

Xiang Shaolong walked over and saw that Lady Ya was standing with her back to him next to a window, looking out at the woods, deep in thought.

Zhao Ya has changed into a robe with 2 long silk tassels hanging down, draped with a well tailored and eye catching robe, her hair combed into 2 buns. Contrasted with her slender waist and fair skin, she looks utterly bewitching.

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself this is truly nature’s finest specimen, no wonder she can charm so many men and become the most famous wanton in Zhao. He tiptoed behind her and grabbed her shoulders, pressing his body against her pert buttocks.

He had just uttered the word ‘Lady’ when Zhao Ya shook violently and struggled.

Xiang Shaolong was shocked and let his hands go.

That Zhao Ya ran to a side and turned around, her face filled with fury, and surprisingly it’s the royal Third Princess Zhao Qian.

LOL! That was a funny cliff hanger, Jean.

Hoping everyone will have a wonderful CNY as well. Jean, eat lots of goodies and don't gamble too much . We will miss your updates and patiently await your return.