Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

wow... you're fast! But your attachment not valid leh.

Thanks to Yeongwee for the wonderful dinner of lobster, caviar, foie gras, bird's nest, truffles, wagyu beef, saffron, abalone and scallops. It pays to be a translator!

Aiyoh- can't view the attachment. Want to see the faces behind XSL

Look like I'm the only one who can click on the links... lets try something hosted elsewhere...
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Ok, figured it out... if no-one clicks on the pictures within 1 hour of my posting, spcnet deletes them automatically... no idea why =(
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Thanks!
    Finally get to see our translators who sacrificed to make some of the most interesting novels available to us.

Arigato!!

thank you yeongwee, for expressing our gratitude to our beloved translators are they really from our time or from years after our time? LOL... thanks again jean and justin, and yeongwee

Quote Originally Posted by yeongwee View Post
    Dear friends,

This is the thank you dinner for Justin and the Talented Lady Jean on behalf of a grateful ASTP community. Hope more of you can join us next time. The first picture is all three of us (terrible quality, sorry). The second is Justin presenting the treasured tome of the 18 Dragon-subduing Palms (Xiang Long Shiba Zhang) to the Talented Lady.

Attachment 9576

Attachment 9577

Yeongwee
    Nice. For some reason I thought Justin was a much older guy, beard and all... I have no idea why.

In my case I always thought Justin was a young guy - probably influenced by this:

Attachment 9578

At last got to see...Jean and Justin true faces!!
    Great shot and Thanks !...I kinda miss SITP ..I hope there is a second season..

:-)

Yeongwee, thank you for the photos. Indeed, it paints a thousand words. Allow me to applaud you for your generous act of hosting the dinner. You did great! Justin, I like the way you describe the dinner, mouthwatering indeed too. Thank you once again to the handsome Justin and the beautiful Lady Jane for all your translation work. I will continue to be the ardent "stalker"

Wow it's finally finished.
    Thank you very much to all the translators for this super long novel.
    Full respect for all of you. You are heroes for all the reader who doesn't know Chinese language.

eh... i thot still got some epilogues? Justin Justin, we still want epilogues... hahahaha

I finally finished reading this epic! Conveying my sincere thanks to Jean, Justin and all the other translators. I have never been a fan of historical fantasy, but this epic has changed my opinion. The quality of this novel can rival even Jin Yong's best works.. I am wondering how are Huang Yi's other books compared to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by yan 16 View Post
    I finally finished reading this epic! Conveying my sincere thanks to Jean, Justin and all the other translators. I have never been a fan of historical fantasy, but this epic has changed my opinion. The quality of this novel can rival even Jin Yong's best works.. I am wondering how are Huang Yi's other books compared to this one?
    maybe we should wait for justin to begin his translation at lethal weapon of love and passion thay also one of huang yi work

I have a question, probably a naive one. ^^;;

In the first chapters of book 1, both in this translation thread and in the "unabridged" one, there are half a dozen points where a line of text says "click here to show spoilers". All of them happen during scenes where Shaolong does XXX with some girl.

But when you try to click, nothing happens...

Is it just that someone forgot to erase some old obsolete warnings? Or is there really some hidden text there? And if so, how do you activate it?

TIA

Click on 'reply with quote' to see spoilers

Thank you for all the hard work put into translating all of this. I really enjoyed it.
    I had plenty of sleepless nights reading the whole thing from start to finish.
    They were great company for me this past month.
    Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Thanks for "Stellar Transformations" and "A Martial Odyssey" and all the hardwork of all the translators.

Default HY's other book

Searching for Qin/A step into the past, is one of HY's famous work, His other works that Two Dragon of Tang are more seen as his most famous work.

Thanks you so much for the translation!!! Thank you!! I have been reading this send a few years ago. I feel like reading these novels are what worth living for! Thanks you again!!!!!!

HY works are so goooood. Please help translate his other books

I found cantonese audio book for this novel! http://www.pingshu8.com/MusicList/mmc_246_1397_1.Htm
    Last edited by herman285; 01-13-14 at 10:13 PM.