Page 316 of 321 FirstFirst ... 216266306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by herman285 View Post
    Someone called Michi aka MCM is translating Joy of Life for chapter 10 and above.

His translated chapters:
    https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder...1RzeHNLdzh3TFE

Please give your thanks in this doc. Motivate him to translate more !
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Jez1tKgfY/edit
    Sorry Herman, but could u pls repost the link for the joy of life? There weren't any documents with the translations in the stated link... Only the link for the doc with the comments was working... Thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    tweety: I have no idea if there's gonna be r-rated scenes. I'm translating just as I'm reading it for the 1st time as well. But I did try to tone down some of his descriptions, without making it sound like some scenes from those romantic novels

to continue, the end of chapter 2.... and WARNING! Rated scenes in spoilers!

The two of them were still standing in the water, totally drenched. It doesn’t matter to Xiang Shaolong but that beauty’s clothes were thin and after being wet it showed off her curves, and she’s no different from being naked.

The lady saw Xiang Shaolong’s hot eyes staring at her chest. She blushed and immediately forgot her question, and hurriedly helped him to shore.

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but take the opportunity to lightly knock into her breasts and the lady’s face blushed even redder, but she did not object or reprimand him.

Xiang Shaolong was ecstatic. It seems that the beauties of this era is even more open than those in the 21st century. All those talk about not taking 3 steps beyond the house or having to marry the man once he sees her body were all far fetched, or it’s those hateful Confusionist lecturing about morals during later years.

So it seems that, even if he does not return to the 21st century for the time being, life would not be too boring.

Xiang Shaolong changed out of his wet clothes and sat opposite to the beauty, eating the rice she cooked, with vegetables, mutton and braised meat marinated with five spices.

Maybe because he’s hungry, but Xiang Shaolong enjoyed the meal, all the food tasted especially delicious, even better than peking duck or hamburgers.

The beauty ate and looked at him with interest at the same time.

Xiang Shaolong was thinking to himself that this is such a secluded place, and not a village or even another house could be seen, and yet she seems to be living a fulfilling life. Could it be that the past is really better than the present?

The beauty said something softly.

Xiang Shaolong asked in surprise, “What?”

The beauty repeated her words and this time he understood. She was saying that he’s very tall, and she has never seen someone so tall.

He was secretly laughing that people of this era must all be short, and asked her, “What is your name?”

The beauty shook her head to indicate she could not understand his question and encouraged him to repeat 3 more times before she replied, “The people of Mulberry Forest Village all call me Mei Canniang. (Pretty Silkworm Lady)”

This time it is Xiang Shaolong’s turn to not understand. By the time he clarified it, the two of them were laughing happily. So Xiang Shaolong told her his name as well. The conversation flowed with such tries, failures and continuous work, neither party wanting it to end. When Xiang Shaolong is 80% confident of understanding her dialect, he asked her about what happened the day he fell in through the roof.

Mei Canniang blushed slightly and said, “The man you crushed to death the other day is a bandit from a neighboring village called Jiao Du. He followed me home all the way from the market and was going to rape me. Luckily young master fell down from the sky and crushed him to death. I’ve buried him in the mulberry forest.” She paused for a moment, her face reddened to the ears and she lowered her head and said shyly, “I was married to two brothers, but they were forcefully conscripted into the army by bad people and were killed in Chang Ping.”

The battle of Chang Ping, isn’t it one of the famed battles between Qin and Zhao, where the army of Qin killed all 400,000 of the Zhao’s army. Xiang Shaolong hurriedly asked, “How long ago did this happen?”

Mei Canniang replied, “It happened 9 years ago.”

The battle of Chang Ping happened in 260BC, then isn’t it 251BC now. Crazy Director Ma wanted to send him back to 246BC which is the year Emperor Qin ascended the throne, and although he’s off by 5 years, but considering the facts he’s still quite accurate.

He asked, “What is this place?”

Mei Canniang replied, “Didn’t I tell you, it’s Mulberry Village!”

Xiang Shaolong asked, “Is this part of the kingdom of Zhao?”

Mei Canniang shook her head, “I don’t understand what you’re talking about? I only know what happens in Mulberry Village, the news of my husbands death were told to me by the people in the market.”

Xiang Shaolong exclaimed in surprise, “You really married two husbands at the same time?”

Mei Canniang replied, “Of course it’s true!”

Xiang Shaolong sighed quietly to himself. Although he has read a few books about the Warring States, but he’s not familiar with the customs during this period at all, so he put aside this question and continued, “Did you not bear any children for them?”

Mei Canniang replied quietly, “After the two fathers of the children left, life was extremely difficult and the children all died of sickness. Later I learned to keep silkworms and life finally settled.”

Xiang Shaolong felt pity for her, this beauty has suffered much.

Mei Canniang said quietly, “I have been praying to Heaven everyday, praying to her to bestow me a husband. Just when I was at my saddest, Heaven opened her eyes and dropped you for me. I am so ecstatic, from now on you will be Canniang’s husband.”

Xiang Shaolong was absolutely dumbfounded. But it’s not too bad as well, he need not put in so much effort to explain where he came from.

Hai! It seems that he’ll have to depend on her to support him. Suddenly he had a flash of inspiration, and thought that in 251BC, Emperor Qin is still destitute in Handan, the capital of Zhao. If he can find and befriend him, when he becomes the emperor in future, then won’t his fortunes rise as well, and can have anything he want, including beauties? Once he thought of this, his heart itched and he asked, “Do you know the way to Handan?”

Mei Canniang shook her head at a loss, then her face turned pale and she chewed her lower lips and stammered, “Are you thinking of leaving this place?”

Xiang Shaolong climbed over, stuck himself to her fragrant back, his hands reaching forward to hold her little tummy and said gently, “Don’t be afraid! No matter where I go, I’ll bring you with me.”

Mei Canniang’s body softened at his touch and she exclaimed happily, “Really!”

Xiang Shaolong nibbled her ear lobes and replied, “Of course!”

Mei Canniang’s two husbands were all coarse and unrefined men, so she has never encountered such flirtatious teasing, her slender body shook and she said, “I’m going to the market tomorrow, I’ll ask someone then! Someone will surely know where Handan is.”

Xiang Shaolong put his huge hand into her clothes and kneaded her voluptuous bosom, asking “That bandit Jiao Du, did he… heh… what you?”

Mei Canniang panted, “He just took off my clothes, and have not… Ai!” Her lips have been locked.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Xiang Shaolong has never seen such a gentle and accommodating beauty, so he hurriedly showed her his best moves. The whole room was heated up and moans and pants joined together to form an orchestra. Mei Canniang, who has been alone for so many years, finally tasted for the first time the joy of being an equal with men in the act of copulation.

Xiang Shaolong felt an itch in his nose and sneezed. He woke up and saw that it was Mei Canniang teasing him with a mulberry leaf.

The sun has not risen.

He hugged Mei Canniang and pressed her down, using his body to put pressure on her sensitive areas, and even pushed her buttocks up with his hand so that she cannot avoid him while he greedily kissed her wet lips. Mei Canniang was totally caught unawares and almost lost her senses from the teasing. She kept crying out, and who knows if she was expressing her joy or objection.

Xiang Shaolong flipped her skirt over, revealing her round yet firm thighs, and was about to proceed when Mei Canniang moaned with a flush, “Shaolong! We have to go to the market immediately!”

Xiang Shaolong came to his senses immediately and stopped his assault. He warned her, “Do you still dare to be mischievous?”

Mei Canniang covered her mouth and laughed, “Yes! But not now, if we don’t go to the market now we won’t even have food for today.”

Xiang Shaolong was aroused by her heated body and hesitated, “It won’t take too much time to do it just once, right?

Mei Canniang suddenly hugged him and said gently, “My good man! Besides eating some food after lunch yesterday, you have been doing it to me until I fell asleep. You’re even more capable then my two husbands added together and now you want to continue. Are you trying to kill me! Get up quickly!”

Xiang Shaolong thought of her hunger and charm last night and felt desire again, but once he thought of looking for Emperor Qin, he can only suppress his lust and climbed out.

Mei Canniang took out a set of clothes and said, “I made this for you when you were unconscious, you’ll certainly look very good wearing it.”

With her help, Xiang Shaolong wore it and it fitted him perfectly. It may be made of coarse material and hemp but Mei Canniang’s eyes shone on seeing it and complimented him, “Mei Canniang has never seen any man as handsome as you in the world.” And used a cloth to tie his growing hair before going on their way after washing up.

Xiang Shaolong carried a whole bag of silk, with a hatchet around his waist, straw shoes on his feet and followed Mei Canniang out of the valley, towards the ancient civilization 2000 years ago.

how do you get the spoiler button to work

Quote Originally Posted by puffthedragon View Post
    how do you get the spoiler button to work
    Click Reply With Quote button on bottom right corner of the message and read it on the message bar that pop up
    Last edited by al3xid; 08-11-14 at 04:19 AM.

Default love all novels

i am new here and love all novels

what happened to su nu and in what chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    hahaha.. i thought i was going to wretch too! i hope he doesn't get to bed the assassin and she gets to kick his butt.
    to be fair he doesnt treat them like objects though he does bang the shit out of every women he gets attracted to but he most men dream of something like that and he doesnt abuse them does he he just acts very ****ing perverted

Quote Originally Posted by Deltoren View Post
    what happened to su nu and in what chapter?
    su nu hung herself - As a virgin, she preferred suicide rather than to sleep with the 'baddie'

Re-reading the story 2 weeks ago, I really pity XSL - endless cycle of "reincarnation", never able to move forward

Imagine: Died in Old China. Reborn in 20th century. Went back to Old China. Repeat.
    LOL

LOL! I never thought of it like that. Poor XSL.

Seriously, though, at the middle point I was like 'when is he gonna get a new wife', at the end I was pretty glad (for him) that he didn't get another.

I feel more sorry for his son.. XSL knows he's gonna die a crappy death, but just says 'meh its fate..'

what happened to the girl that saved his life in the begining

Quote Originally Posted by Deltoren View Post
    what happened to the girl that saved his life in the begining
    Are you taking about Mei Cunning? If yes, it was said later that She married someone else.

Who the heck is Xiang Bao’er ? I thought xiang shaolong couldn't have sons?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Tzou View Post
    Who the heck is Xiang Bao’er ? I thought xiang shaolong couldn't have sons?
    Adopted. Actually son of mr. Teng. Historically, he became Xiang the conqueror, who lost to the founder of Ming dynasty.

ycb5959, it is the founder of Han not Ming.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    ycb5959, it is the founder of Han not Ming.
    Thank you.

And thank god I didn't opt for history for my A level - fail!

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Thank you.

And thank god I didn't opt for history for my A level - fail!
    Good choice. As they say, it is better to make history rather than study it.

Red face

First of All I want to thank you for the translator for continuing to translate for all these years (6 years).

It was a good story that have made me to think otherwise, i knew this story from the TV versions and I think is a good story. After you read the novel story it was like heaven and earth. It just blew out my mind.

Just like watching xiaoli fediao (Vincent zhao vers). I think it one the best TV adaptations. But when you read the book version is more deeper and better.

Hei if Justin, lady jean, and other translators. Ever come to to Jakarta, Indonesia. I'll take you for dinner is on me. This is all I can do the repays for all the translation.

Terima Kasih Banyak dan Sampai jumpa lagi.

Quote Originally Posted by Alendri View Post
    First of All I want to thank you for the translator for continuing to translate for all these years (6 years).

It was a good story that have made me to think otherwise, i knew this story from the TV versions and I think is a good story. After you read the novel story it was like heaven and earth. It just blew out my mind.

Just like watching xiaoli fediao (Vincent zhao vers). I think it one the best TV adaptations. But when you read the book version is more deeper and better.

Hei if Justin, lady jean, and other translators. Ever come to to Jakarta, Indonesia. I'll take you for dinner is on me. This is all I can do the repays for all the translation.

Terima Kasih Banyak dan Sampai jumpa lagi.
    My pleasure... I am going to Jakarta in November. PM me.

I finally managed to finish this story. Thank you all the translators. Too bad the unabridged thread does not include the names of the translators, and I am too lazy to scroll this thread ...

If my memory is not too faulty, it was started by Jean, continued for a short while by Ren Wo Xing and completed by Justin13. Apologies if I missed some names, perhaps some other readers can fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post
    When Yingzheng ascends the Emperor throne as Shihuang Emperor, the majestic Huai Qing Platform is simultaneously being constructed.

The common folks are under the impression that their Emperor is building this to commemorate Widow Qing.

Only those in the know like Li Si and Wang Jian are aware that Yingzheng is actually building it to commemorate Xiang Shaolong who is far away from the Central Plains.
    I don't understand what does the Huai Qing Platform have to do with XSL? Why does Li Si and Wang Jian knew it's to commemorate XSL and not someone else? Please, can someone solve this mystery for me?

Dear translators, thank you so much for the superb translations. I have been enjoying reading the book so much! Deeply appreciate all the work and efforts you put in. If anybody is visiting Seattle (home of Starbucks) please give me a holler. I would also like to take you out to lunch or dinner to thank you.