Page 317 of 321 FirstFirst ... 217267307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstrawberry View Post
    I don't understand what does the Huai Qing Platform have to do with XSL? Why does Li Si and Wang Jian knew it's to commemorate XSL and not someone else? Please, can someone solve this mystery for me?

Dear translators, thank you so much for the superb translations. I have been enjoying reading the book so much! Deeply appreciate all the work and efforts you put in. If anybody is visiting Seattle (home of Starbucks) please give me a holler. I would also like to take you out to lunch or dinner to thank you.
    The last bit was to demonstrate that Ying Zheng misses his 'Dad', XSL...and how YZ used the excuse of the platform to remember him (without breaking his edict about erasing XSL from history)
    Last edited by ycb5959; 11-03-14 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstrawberry View Post
    I don't understand what does the Huai Qing Platform have to do with XSL? Why does Li Si and Wang Jian knew it's to commemorate XSL and not someone else? Please, can someone solve this mystery for me?

Dear translators, thank you so much for the superb translations. I have been enjoying reading the book so much! Deeply appreciate all the work and efforts you put in. If anybody is visiting Seattle (home of Starbucks) please give me a holler. I would also like to take you out to lunch or dinner to thank you.
    The ‘huai’ is for 怀念, literally 'thinking of/cherishing the memory of'. The Qing is for Widow Qing, making 'Huai Qing Platform' literally mean 'Platform of Cherishing [Widow] Qing'. In actuality, it is Xiang Shaolong which the Emperor is missing.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    The last bit was to demonstrate that Ying Zheng misses his 'Dad', XSL...and how YZ used the excuse of the platform to remember him (without breaking his edict about erasing XSL from history)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    The ‘huai’ is for 怀念, literally 'thinking of/cherishing the memory of'. The Qing is for Widow Qing, making 'Huai Qing Platform' literally mean 'Platform of Cherishing [Widow] Qing'. In actuality, it is Xiang Shaolong which the Emperor is missing.
    Ah, I got it now! Thank you for explaining it to me.

is this wuxia already finish????

Quote Originally Posted by Joval Pasam View Post
    is this wuxia already finish????
    Yup!!!!!!!!!!

JYY is XSL's third wife is that correct? While I was reading the part where Li Yuan wanted to marry her and because she was a Learned Lady with high position in society, Li Yuan can't ask her to be his second wife. He therefore married Miss Guo instead after JYY rejected him.

So how come JYY can be XSL's third wife without losing face/status? Or maybe I just totally misinterpreted the situation?

I have a little problem. I started to read this novel a while back, but stopped because of Stellar transformation. Now I don´t know where I was. The last thing I remember is that the he left for another state(Qin???) to bring that boy who took the identity of the dead prince to his "new" parents. Could anyone tell me which chapter this happened?

Ah found it. Around book 6, I have no idea how to delete my post, so I had to write another one.

Approx b5c10, Going Along with the Mistake

Uhm.. Can someone give me the synopsis of this story? I'm curious about this 2nd most viewed novel. I need the synopsis before i start reading any stories..

Also is there a link for all the story gathered in 1 page?
    Its kind of a pain to go through hundreds of pages -_-"

I went though Stellar Transformation while coughing up mouthfuls of blood!

I'm the type who likes to copy and save the stories in Microsoft word doc in my HP and read it while lying down on bed. Which i did for ST and it almost took me a whole hour lol.. before i could even start reading it!
    What helped me was the Synopsis of ST which made me look forward to it and worth the effort.
    I don't wanna start saving the story until i know what the story is about.
    Last edited by PrinnyX; 12-05-14 at 08:57 AM.

Jeez you are lazy. Do it yourself, we aren't here to cater to your every whim.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Wow! I am lazy lol?

You should change your name to Grumpy. It'll suit you much better.

Whim? Psh all i am asking is for
    1. A Synopsis
    and
    2. Whether there is a link where someone has bundled up all the chaps.
    That's all i'm asking so how does that make it seem lazy.

The rest of my msg is saying what i did. So what part makes me lazy?

PS: Please teach me how to do a Synopsis of a story which i have not read on my own? I'l sure most of us would love to learn that skill from you.

Prinny - it took the translators over 6 years to translate ASTP - this is huge book and I honestly don't think any type of brief synopsis will do it justice. I highly recommend reading - this is very very interesting story.

Here is my poor attempt at short synopsis:

Xiang Shaolong is leader of 20th century special forces in China tasked with protecting emissaries with high level combat training. He is selected to part of special time travelling experiment, gets sent back to Qin Dynasty.
    -----------------------------------
    Here is synopsis from the tv series based on the book:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Step_into_the_Past

--------------------------------
    Here is the unabridged thread you can read from the beginning without being interrupted by the comments:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...)#.VItQIzHF-pI

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Prinny - it took the translators over 6 years to translate ASTP - this is huge book and I honestly don't think any type of brief synopsis will do it justice. I highly recommend reading - this is very very interesting story.

Here is my poor attempt at short synopsis:

Xiang Shaolong is leader of 20th century special forces in China tasked with protecting emissaries with high level combat training. He is selected to part of special time travelling experiment, gets sent back to Qin Dynasty.
    -----------------------------------
    Here is synopsis from the tv series based on the book:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Step_into_the_Past

--------------------------------
    Here is the unabridged thread you can read from the beginning without being interrupted by the comments:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...)#.VItQIzHF-pI

God dam 6 whole years?!
    Respect :P
    It really is a HUGE project like Jean said on page 1..

Also thanks DooD! for replying to my Question unlike Grumpy above~
    Really helpful links.

Don't knock Grundle...I'm pretty sure that he was one of the translators for at least a part of the story. All the translators did a fantastic job.

Ahem. Just signed up to thank all the translators, esp. Justin and Jean. Jean began to translate in 2007 and Justin completed the story over 6 years later. I just read through the whole thing in 3.5 weeks.

Hai! Thanks to the translators!

In 3 days I read half of the entire novel, but I hit a wall and hard to continue it since many bad things happened, especially since
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Zhao Qian
    died

So I wanna ask several questions to bolster my heart before continuing :

1. Is there significant alterations to the history which is caused by Xiang Shaolong? Since major events like King Zhuangxiang's death is still happened?
    2. After Zhao Qian will any of his wives dies or raped?
    3. Does he really lose his ability to procreate?
    4. Will he ever get military post and lead an army to war?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

In 3 days I read half of the entire novel, but I hit a wall and hard to continue it since many bad things happened, especially since
    Zhao Qian
    died

1. Is there significant alterations to the history which is caused by Xiang Shaolong? Since major events like King Zhuangxiang's death is still happened?

Thanks
    1. No. In China, it's actually illegal to change established history, but historical events will play out differently than what is officially recorded and
    there will be a huge conspiracy to cover up Shaolong's existence.

2. No. Nothing happens to his wives.
    3. Yup. I'm really bummed out by that too.
    4. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWErD View Post
    1. No. In China, it's actually illegal to change established history, but historical events will play out differently than what is officially recorded and
    there will be a huge conspiracy to cover up Shaolong's existence.

2. No. Nothing happens to his wives.
    3. Yup. I'm really bummed out by that too.
    4. Yes.
    WHAT!?

1. Is this a fact?! What about Freedom of Speech? This is no North Korea, though! But I heard that "reincarnation"/Time Slip novels are popular nowadays thanks to Huang Yi, so all those novels ended up not be able to alter history too? but but, that's boring man.......
    2. Thank God, and thank you too, now I'll be able to continue reading, really, I can't take any more sadness...
    3. Basically the result of unable to change history, but wouldn't that mean all his wives are fiction too?

Okay, thanks a lot bro~

and, is there anymore translated wuxia as long as this? I prefer long stories than short, is why I haven't read Jin Yong's
    Coiling Dragon is too shounen/tame while A Step Into The Past is too seinen/extreme, I'd like some novels that is in between of the spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

Zhao Qian
    died

Thanks
    hmm I thought
    Ting Fangshi was the only one who died from his wives/concubine..

Edit:
    hmm yep now that i re-read the ending zhao qian... damn how did i forget about it
    Last edited by Ren Arcadia; 02-19-15 at 07:55 AM.