Page 318 of 321 FirstFirst ... 218268308309310311312313314315316317318319320321 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Arcadia View Post
    hmm I thought
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Ting Fangshi was the only one who died from his wives/concubine..

Edit:
    hmm yep now that i re-read the ending zhao qian... damn how did i forget about it
    That tragedy hit me hard it stopped my reading and I couldn't fall asleep instead of counting sheep, I was cursing the world

Quote Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

and, is there anymore translated wuxia as long as this? I prefer long stories than short, is why I haven't read Jin Yong's
    Coiling Dragon is too shounen/tame while A Step Into The Past is too seinen/extreme, I'd like some novels that is in between of the spectrum
    I think JY stories are long also. One chapter is like 3 chapters of Coiling Dragon.

A Step in the Past is extremely long though. Have you read Stellar Transformation yet? It is also long.

I will also recommend A Martial Odyssey
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...y#.VOXb7On9mUk

AMO1 and AMO2 are up to 140 Chapters long and each chapter is a long chapter and average 3 chapters of Stellar Transformation which is around 400-500 Short Chapters, which can be massive too.

The good news is that A Martial Odyssey is a wuxia but A Martial Odyssey is a xianxia genre too.

^I'll give AMO a shot

I've read 5 Vol of Stellar Transformation, and found it boring, it just doesn't have that attractiveness of Coiling Dragon, though of the same author.....

Edit!

Ei! You guys lied to me! Shan Rou died too!!
    Last edited by wuhugm; 02-19-15 at 09:46 AM.

Shan Rou is not dead, just go on reading . Tian Dan never said that he killed Shan Rou. XSL wrongly thought that Shan Rou died.
    But Zhao Ya wil die
    Too bad, I love Zhao Ya as a unique character. But I understand why Huang Yi make her die

I have just finished reading this novel. Great novel, I even love it more than any Jin Yong novels, except Demi Gods & Semi Devils. Can't wait to read another Huang Yi novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He discarded the sword in his hand, but was unable to discard the sword in his heart.

I feel like Gu Long...

That tragedy hit me hard it stopped my reading and I couldn't fall asleep instead of counting sheep, I was cursing the world
    no she didnt, she is alive and married another guy

Quote Originally Posted by anurman View Post
    Shan Rou is not dead, just go on reading . Tian Dan never said that he killed Shan Rou. XSL wrongly thought that Shan Rou died.
    But Zhao Ya wil die
    Too bad, I love Zhao Ya as a unique character. But I understand why Huang Yi make her die

I have just finished reading this novel. Great novel, I even love it more than any Jin Yong novels, except Demi Gods & Semi Devils. Can't wait to read another Huang Yi novels.
    THANK GOD JESUS CHRIST!
    I like her too, pity she will die......

no she didnt, she is alive and married another guy

Not Mei Canniang, I meant Zhao Qian, she died of an arrow

THANK GOD JESUS CHRIST!
    I like her too, pity she will die......

Not Mei Canniang, I meant Zhao Qian, she died of an arrow

I'm talking about Shan Rou

I'm talking about Shan Rou
    GOD DAMN IT!

I prefer my NTR remains in the realm of Hentai
    Last edited by wuhugm; 02-19-15 at 01:26 PM.

hi, do they have ki in this story?

Recently finished this monster of a story (read it all in one week) and am sure lots of people asked : Why didn't XSL ever tried to change fate .. well I'm asking it again since I can't bother reading trough all the ancient comments.

I've been thinking maybe if he did change something like reveal the future or kill someone he wasn't supposed to, then he wouldn't be born so there would be a loop until he followed the fate precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post
    Recently finished this monster of a story (read it all in one week) and am sure lots of people asked : Why didn't XSL ever tried to change fate .. well I'm asking it again since I can't bother reading trough all the ancient comments.

I've been thinking maybe if he did change something like reveal the future or kill someone he wasn't supposed to, then he wouldn't be born so there would be a loop until he followed the fate precisely.
    It could also be that no matter what he did, the past future is more or less set on rails and any actions he took would only deviate events to a slight degree in the short term. Well, he still ended up with the era's hottest and most brilliant ladies in his harem, so I am sure he was satisfied in the end haha

Hai! Thanks to the translators!

In 3 days I read half of the entire novel, but I hit a wall and hard to continue it since many bad things happened, especially since
    Zhao Qian
    died

So I wanna ask several questions to bolster my heart before continuing :

1. Is there significant alterations to the history which is caused by Xiang Shaolong? Since major events like King Zhuangxiang's death is still happened?
    2. After Zhao Qian will any of his wives dies or raped?
    3. Does he really lose his ability to procreate?
    4. Will he ever get military post and lead an army to war?

Thanks
    These are massive spoilers. Read at your own risk!!

1. Is there significant alterations to the history which is caused by Xiang Shaolong? Since major events like King Zhuangxiang's death is still happened?
    Nope. You might even say that XS was part of that era's history all along; we, the readers, will never know for sure!

2. After Zhao Qian will any of his wives dies or raped?
    Yes and, as far as I remember, no. And by wife I mean woman that XS has mutually confessed his love with, and whom has devoted herself to XS.
    Zhao Qain's death was certainly sad, but Zhao Ya's death hit me with the most feels (a tear even formed by God )

3. Does he really lose his ability to procreate?
    Yep, but he still gets a son and his wives are happy, so don't worry!

4. Will he ever get military post and lead an army to war?
    Oh, yes! He saves Qin as the head General and roflstomps a coalition army several times the size of his own! That was one of the most epic parts of the series!

^I'll give AMO a shot

I've read 5 Vol of Stellar Transformation, and found it boring, it just doesn't have that attractiveness of Coiling Dragon, though of the same author.....

Edit!

Woa woa woa, ST most definitely becomes as epic as CD. Read on brother. The whole under-sea arc is one of the best I have ever read.

elllo can someone tell me if they have ki in this story

Quote Originally Posted by (yoYo) View Post

He tried once to prevent Lu Buwei from poisoning the previous king - but failed. In this event, he was actually thinking of changing fate. To XSL, it seems he can't change fate and history. Most things are hidden from him anyway. His knowledge of Qin history is sketchy, mostly from ONE movie. [moral of the story - learn your history! You never know when you will be transported back to the past...]

In the end he simply resigned to fate, as seen in his acceptance of his adopted son's new name in the end.
    As one commenter aptly puts it: in an ironic twist of fate, he is actually part of history...
    Think he went whistling "Don't Worry, Be Happy" through his journey. After all, he had so so many beautiful, gorgeous ladies to keep him "happy"

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    He tried once to prevent Lu Buwei from poisoning the previous king - but failed. In this event, he was actually thinking of changing fate. To XSL, it seems he can't change fate and history. Most things are hidden from him anyway. His knowledge of Qin history is sketchy, mostly from ONE movie. [moral of the story - learn your history! You never know when you will be transported back to the past...]

In the end he simply resigned to fate, as seen in his acceptance of his adopted son's new name in the end.
    As one commenter aptly puts it: in an ironic twist of fate, he is actually part of history...
    Think he went whistling "Don't Worry, Be Happy" through his journey. After all, he had so so many beautiful, gorgeous ladies to keep him "happy"
    "He tried" he was simply too late due to hesitating, if he really tried who knows.. I can't imagine someone else other than Xiao Pan could become such an emperor, for example if XSL haven't brought him(messed up my grammar here?) but some other kid or Lu Bowei brought some kid then that kid would probably be their plaything doing what is told, also if he simply didn't help Xiao Pan but just took care of himself then XP would be controlled by LB or killed

I watched the tv series first, and like it a lot. Later on, i fpund this forum, and find out that it was adapted from a novel / book. The book is better than the tv series.

I really wonder if Shan Rou didn't end up dead when Qi surrendered to Qin, considering her husband's post in Qi.

I think XSL did hint to SR/hubbie about the job not being suitable...
    The impression I get is that hubbie may resign in the future and retire somewhere...
    So there is a good chance they survive the coming war

Hi
    I would like ask a question

Is there any rapes in this series ?

@kai143
    Yes, but its "off-screen".