Page 320 of 321 FirstFirst ... 220270310311312313314315316317318319320321 LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    hi guys, i wanted to give this a read but before i do, does this story include the sort of supernatural martial arts with Qi/Ki or is this more of regular martial arts?
    Regular martial arts, with a little exacerbation, but regular martial arts anyway.

Regular martial arts, with a little exacerbation, but regular martial arts anyway.
    thanks, i guess i'll pass on this one, not really into normal fighting Novels, after reading IET work normal just wont do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    thanks, i guess i'll pass on this one, not really into normal fighting Novels, after reading IET work normal just wont do it anymore.
    The thrill in this novel is not the 'power-up' but his exciting adventures (and winning the ladies' hearts) and how he turns the table on each of his bitter enemies.

The fights are not even 'wuxia' - no leaping, flying. Chop-chop, slice-slice. But skills, techniques and training plays crucial role in XSL's victory.

I've stopped reading this for a while after
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Zhao Qian, Tingfang's maids and Zhao Qian's maids death. I also know that Zhao Ya will die next and XSL's misunderstanding of Shan Rou's fate.
    Is there anything worth looking forward after this part(return to Qin after the failed mission)?.

Hi All...
    To those who are like to have ASITP in epub or pdf format, below is the link to my dropbox. I know that some of you had already posted them but this one has translator names in every chapter to honor the translators including their footnotes. hope u like it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6qunepdu8...4JUQ7YlBa?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Jaran.Saga View Post
    Hi All...
    To those who are like to have ASITP in epub or pdf format, below is the link to my dropbox. I know that some of you had already posted them but this one has translator names in every chapter to honor the translators including their footnotes. hope u like it.

Thanks!
    You went awol...

This is definitely one of the best written novels, amazingly impressive...stsrted reading recently and onnbook 14...for the first time i startrd to skipp paragraphs from the Tian Dan chase.... Seriiusly it is soooo boring and out of place... Authore didnt put much thoight into that part... Dont know if XSL will continue help lady Zhang (somrthing...), but i already dont like this turn of events.... I hope the flame that was there throughout 14 books returns back.... Back to reading.... Seriously pisses me offf.... Not well connected...

Yeah - it was a bit disappointing as we find the hero at a loss...
    but it builds up to another heroic adventure of our XSL involving the Chu... and another s3xcapade...in a moving carriage.

I have been reading non stop since the start but now i have stopped reading... Dont feel like reading now...
    I should also thank the glorious translators.... God bless you all, the amazing quality you produce is praiseworthy... Not all translators produce such high quality/easy reading chapters....

MIND BLOWING!!!!!!!!!!
    2am in the morning and i finally could finish last book in one go...this is definitely one of the best written novels so far...i am usually a fan of supernatural genre but this is equally awesome on many level...after reading it i started to think that one has to be cautious all the time and not trust to others so easily.
    i both regret and rejoice for reading this novel at this time...regret because i was unable to share my thoughts of each chapter at the time of translations and rejoice because i did not have to wait in agony for the new translation within the span of ~6 years..
    to be honest i did not expect to be hooked up so intensely to this novel at the beginning, thinking that this is not my usual supernatural stuff, but the level of indepth writing swept me off my feet.
    only 2 times i got bored of the novel, first time was Tian Dan chase, dead boring...2nd time right after XSL' defeat by Li Mu until the point where he meet Li Yuan in Qi capital (Lin Zi??)....just dreadful, i forced my self to read chapters...
    i would like to thank all the translators for their sefless efforts and contributions to us readers, may Allah be merciful to you and reward equally for your good deeds.
    i realize that the thread has been almost dead for a while, hope this will help others to notify it and start reading..
    i also should say that sometimes XSL was portrayed as a complete idi0t, imb4cile....especially regarding Qin Empress Zu Ji...
    there were many times that i was screaming, XSL, pleaseeeee, for the sake of all ancient men, just pl0w this girl/women))))

EDIT: to be honest i was expecting XSL to die at the end and to wake up in the modern world, in his former age...but that didnt happen..nonetheless, current end is awesome, nicely closed out..

too bad Xiao Pan had to be ruthless in the end..he knew that XSL just wants to retire and live peacifully....he would not elease his secret anyway, after going through so much trough of trouble, why would he betray him??? anyway, there can be endless speculations....
    Last edited by matricha; 05-01-15 at 07:34 PM.

Yup - we don't like our heroes to have their downs...

For those who are uncertain weather to pick up this novel or not, i say DO IT.
    The novels that i read are Ark, LMS, Arifureta, Coiling Dragon, Stellar Transformation, etc... The reason i listed them is simply to say that, if you enjoy reading any of the above, then you will definitely appreciate ASITP as well..
    As always, force yourself to read first several chapters, then u'll get hooked..
    btw, first few books are like reading p0rn))
    Totally recommend to all, have fun reading!!!

Also, i would love if there was a list of XSL's wisdomess lines... Some of them are really good..

I would like to say Thank you for translating this great novel.
    To anyone thinking about picking this up, I recommend it all the way, It's not over the top like IET novels or other fantasy novels.

Wanted to say THNX for all translators translating this awesome series!!! Definitely in my top 5 novels after reading it. If anyone is thinking about reading this or have read the IET ones. I really really recommend read A step into the past; was kinda stuck in between reading or not due to not having a more fantasy element. BUT this novel is AWESOME. Read all of it in 3 days. One of my more crazy reading experiences.

Great story but too bad its ended when xsl still young, i think would be interesting if the story continue #justahope

Talking Thanks Jaran!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaran.Saga View Post
    Hi All...

Hey buddy! Thanks for the excellent work! Good to see many new readers enjoying our collective effort.
    Have fun everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post
    Btw I sort of 'read' the story till the end. Given the limited chapters left, most of you should probably guess that there is no long build-up like in Lin Zi. It's all fast and furious all the way to the end. Hang tight for the ride!
    Without further delay, since I've finally committed to be able to give feedback, I'd like to belatedly thank you especially for your extraordinary effort—like a deluge of denouement—when you took up completing this translation and resolving my curiosity!

Lin Zi was a memorable story arc, the interactions with those 3 famous Courtesans—my empathising particularly with Shi Sufang's "withdrawn character."
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫

This is the best wuxia novel I ever read. Thanks to people who had put great efforts to translate this extraordinary novel. I had read more than 100 wuxia/ martial arts novels since elementary school, mostly written by Indonesian writer (Kho Ping Hoo), but in last 30 years time span, I also read famous works from Jin Yong and Gu Long. Therefore I am quite confident that my opinion on this novel is fairly accurate. English is not my first language, but I manage to allocate 2-4 hours a day to read this novel. I really like it and can't stop reading it although it takes 2 months for me to finish the reading. It is really the best wuxia novel I ever read.

I have tried to read this entire novel but in the end I gave up at the tenth book. For better or worse, I can call it a masterpiece in the history genre, but sadly not so good when it comes to the rest. This novel is quite strange, for after the second book I wanted to give up but I couldn't, somehow expecting some kind of change in our MP. And as a "small" spoiler
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Our MP is described as a genius who can defeat armies with numbers tens of times higher than the one he leads by using many types of schemes. He also is versatile in coming up with plans to steal and escape. Also, he has a lecherous nature. Good until now. But .. he is fooled by one woman more than once and he still loves her. He makes up his mind to not increase his harem as he can not protect even the ones he already has, but in the end he still endangers them because of his wishful thinking and lecherous nature. He becomes absurdly strong after learning only for about half a year in sword art and horse riding(he can deflect arrows coming at him with a speed of at least 120 km/hr while riding a horse). Some of the women he loves are easily attracted to other males, the most attractive one who is first described as an abstract genius who can only be wowed by intelligent and brave men, is actually a nuts and is easily impressed by the any BS our MP will say. Also, XSL is immune to shame as he always thinks about woman rights while he ****s more than a rabbit. (Maybe he will die if he stops doing it). His plans get easier and easier to see through and all chances appear at random as the author can not think about a real plan that our MP could use to really have a chance in completing his mission. And the last thing, which I still can not understand, is why XSL always wonders if he can change fate or not, while the only reason Qin raises its strength and obtains its best leader, Xiao Pan, which is not even a blood relative of the imperial family is because of his actions. If we think about the butterfly effect, only a simple meting with someone which is not supposed to exist can greatly change our future. But XSL, with his impressive 21 century mind can not understand even this freaking thing. If you believe anything I said makes sense, then don't drop it, because you have to feel like it really can't wash away these things even if it had 100 volumes before dropping it. If you think that all I've said is BS, great, np, read it and enjoy it, because without these things, its a true masterpiece that will most probably will remain in your memory as one of the best. I can say it because I've read 10 volumes in less than three days.
    In the end I want to thank all the translators for doing this long and maybe exhausting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeike View Post
    I can say it because I've read 10 volumes in less than three days.
    What of I who have read the complete translations (as they appeared—over the course of years) ?

It comes down to how I prefer to read : if it's all there then I'd happily skip forward (and perhaps go back)... Since it was in instalments, I followed along mostly, gave up a while when I was busy or unsatisfied with « current arc » and tuned-back-in when...

No, 寻秦记 is not something I'll return to read from beginning to end. There's only certain passages/events that I'll re-read (and I know this with certainty only from knowing the whole story).
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 09-02-15 at 09:51 PM.
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫