Page 37 of 321 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

What will happen next? Some possibilities:

1) Prince Shaoyuan: "Mom! How could you! You $lut!"
    XXL: "Shut your face and go to hell"
    [Prince Shaoyuan shuts his face, goes to hell, and XXL+Lady Pingyuan continue necking]

2) Prince Shaoyuan: "Mom! How could you leave me out of this!"
    XXL:
    Last edited by dewyloony123; 03-11-08 at 01:55 PM.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

to continue....

They both guessed that Prince Shaoyuan had actually entered earlier and saw them in their heated embrace but he stepped out again and snorted to surprise them before pretending that nothing has happened and stepped into the tent again.

Joy at having taken revenge surged in Xiang Shaolong’s heart and without waiting for Prince Shaoyuan to speak, he rose and said, “We’ll be traveling in the night tonight, so will Lady please make preparations.”

Without even looking at Prince Shaoyuan, he left.

Xiang Shaolong finally understood some things that seemed so foggy long ago, for example the reason Tian Dan sent Xiao Weimou to destroy the wedding agreement between Zhao and Wei is because he does not want the 3 states to unite. Not only will that be disadvantageous for Qin, it will also become a threat to the state of Qi and the other states.

Although the 3 states all had different family names, but they had once served the same master so naturally they are a lot closer to one another compared to other states.

In the past Prince Xinling risked himself to steal the military token and wrestle over the military power because he wants to preserve the state of Zhao, with the hope that one day the 3 states can unite into one and become the strongest state.

But Tao Fang once said that the Weis are most untrustworthy. Lady Pingyuan may have some true feelings for him, but for Price Xinling, he’s just a useful pawn.

And the thing that influenced his decision the most, is that he knows that the 3 states will never unify. This has already been written in history books.

Can he change history?

“Commander!”

Xiang Shaolong turned towards the direction of the voice, it turns out to be one of two Zhao Qian’s personal maid, Cui Tong.

These 2 maids were extremely pretty and outstanding, about one or two years older than Zhao Qian, which makes them about 17 or 18 years old.

Cui Tong stopped him and with a lowered head, said “Third Princess would like to request the audience of Sir.”

Xiang Shaolong’s lust which was stirred up by Lady Pingyuan was not appeased, and on seeing how alluring and shy she looked, he felt a strong desire. But he thought that if he allow himself to do that, it will only serve to make Zhao Qian look down on him so he suppressed his urge and followed her to Zhao Qian’s tent.

Cui Tong dared not walk alongside him, and walked half a step behind him instead.

Xiang Shaolong turned his head around and threw a glance at her. When he saw her blushing, he asked quizzically, “Why is Sister Xiaotong so shy?”

Cui Tong was showered and kept her head so low that her forehead was almost touching her chest and dared not look at him.

By now the two of them have passed the guards and entered the compound and there’s no one else around the ladies camps. Xiang Shaolong is after all a flirt and he grabbed her hand and asked gently, “Is there anyone in your tent?”

Cui Tong’s petite body trembled as she exclaimed in a mixture of shock and joy, “Commander! Please, others will find out.”

The flap of the tent where Xiao Zhao and the rest stayed in flipped open, startling Xiang Shaolong and he hurriedly released his hold on Cui Tong’s hand and hurriedly walked into Zhao Qian’s tent.

For the past 10 days, Xiang Shaolong and Zhao Qian has been behaving intimately. Other than the last hurdle, they have tried every other physical things possible and also suffering from trying to hold themselves back. That’s why for these 2 days, they are restricting themselves instead and dare not overstep the border, afraid that they will do something that they might regret and let others catch him deflowering the beautiful Third Princess.

Zhao Qian saw him arriving and happily gave him a long pouch which she sewed personally and said, “I made this especially for your wooden sword. Qian’er has never liked swords or weapons, but Xiang Lang’s wooden sword is an exception.” And she stared with irritation at Flying Rainbow, which was hung at his waist.

Xiang Shaolong like to carry Flying Rainbow with him because it’s light and swift and on seeing the beauty’s gift, he hugged her slender waist and kissed her tender cheeks before saying with a laugh, “You don’t even like the famous sword from Yue?”

Zhao Qian glared at him and said, “The Yue sword is well made and pretty, but it’s still a gift from Zhao Mu, and seeing it reminds me of him. Therefore I have no wish to see it.”

Xiang Shaolong exclaimed in surprise, “So you don’t like Zhao Mu.”

Zhao Qian’s eyes reddened as she replied, “Not only do I hate him, but I hate Imperial Father even more.”

Xiang Shaolong hugged her and moved to a side and sat down with her. Lying on the soft cushion, his hands roaming about her bosom, he asked, “Did Zhao Mu try to do anything overboard with you?”

rofl @ zhao mu going overboard the one going overboard is him thanks for another magnificnet update jean you make me smile and my day better all around

most disgusting part of the novel is lady pingyuan and shaoyuan.... of our hero is becoming a fiend!
    Last edited by rati4u; 03-12-08 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rati4u View Post
    this is really most disgusting part of the novel.... of our hero is becoming a fiend!
    I don't know if I would label him a fiend. Lewd, lusty, horny - yeah. From the start, XSL has been a womanizer. He hasn't changed overnight. I'm waiting for the sex to pass and on with new battles/political scheming. Now those scenes are exciting and worth reading.

Regarding Zhao Qian... well, if I have an incompetent gay father who is in love with a sick monster, I don't think he would be on my good side either.
    Last edited by tweety365; 03-12-08 at 01:23 AM.

lol.....XSL is a definitely a letcher.........fiend..... may not be...and tweety, it is better not to have such father

Well it doesn't really matter since everyone who is subject to his advances seems to enjoy them

Thank you so much Jean.

Obviously rati4u meant "disgusting" in a good way.

to continue.....

Zhao Qian was weak from his fondles and burrowed herself into his chest, saying sadly, “I have a marriage agreement with the Weis, so he dare not be so bold. However Qian’er’s mother died because of him.”

Xiang Shaolong was so shocked that he stopped his hand activity and asked hoarsely, “What?”

Hot tears rushed out as Zhao Qian hugged Xiang Shaolong tightly, “Xiang Lang must decide for Qian’er, and kill that fiend for me.”

Xiang Shaolong wiped away her tears and asked gently, “Tell me first how he caused your mother’s death.”

He has never asked Zhao Qian about matters involving the imperial court, and thought that the Zhao empress now is her birth mother.

Zhao Qian related sadly with tears in her eyes, “At that time Qian’er’s mother was still Imperial Father’s most beloved concubine. One night Zhao Mu and Imperial Father summoned Mother into the bedroom and the next day Mother hanged herself. Qian’er was only 10 years old, but I will never forget that scene. Mother died horribly!” And she cried bitterly again.

Xiang Shaolong did not imagine that such a flawless and pretty princess would have such a horrible childhood and allowed her to cry and vent her anger. Caressing her back, he felt a wave of inextinguishable anger welling up.

Zhao Mu and King Xiao Cheng are really worst than beasts, to actually engage in such sadistic sexual play in the palace. From this he can deduce that there are many more victims in the palace.”

The imperial palace is a place filled with the filthiest and unreasonable people.

The only way to change such immoralities is for himself to unite the world and install new values.

He remembered the words of Yuan Zong, the last great man of Mohism.

When he was discussing the philosophy of this era with Yuan Zong, Xiang Shaolong mentioned Confucius and Yuan Zong said dismissively, “He just refused to face reality, thinking of the past and present all the time and only knows how to protect tradition. He’s is not worthy to have such a high and respected position. He advocates so-called rituals, which only serves to make the various heads of states spends even more excessively and the country’s wealth will be in the selfish hands of a small group. He only theorizes but is not aware of the actual situations, and totally ignorant about hardship of wars. The most irritating thing is that he belittles those who works with their hands, and makes fun of his disciple Fan Chi who is a farmer as ‘a small man’.”

Naturally Xiang Shaolong is not intellectual enough to have a debate with him, but he does know that the 2 schools of thought, Mohism and Confucianism, are like the north and south poles, both opposite extremes.

Not only is Mozi a famed warrior, he’s also a craftsman, something that Confucius look down on. He worked with his hands and feet and regard rituals as a false pretense and a waste of resources. The biggest difference is, the teachings of Confucius is to the benefit of the traditional monarch while Mozi goes after a new outlook in society.

No monarch will like Mozi’s ideals.

This is also the main reason why Confucius was almost regarded as a deity later.

It was also from Yuan Zong that Xiang Shaolong realized that the term ‘ru’* is not a term used only by the disciples of Confucius during that era.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism

A ‘ru’ was initially the scholar who maintains the clan’s parents, ancestors, family history etc but after the family clan fell into hard times, they stayed around the commoners and using their knowledge of poetry, books, rituals, helped others with the rites for funerals etc, or teach others what they learnt in order to earn some money for living expenses.

It’s only when Confucius expounded on the philosophy of ‘Education of a Scholar’ (Jun Zi Ru), did the term ‘ru’ became a term specifically used for Confucianism.

Each school of thought represents their ideals towards governance.

To Xiang Shaolong, Mozi’s teachings are more suited to his taste. But of course he won’t just accept everything in the teachings.

Zhao Qian’s sobbing stopped and on seeing him so quiet, she can’t help but call out, “Xiang Lang!”

Xiang Shaolong lifted her face up and kissed her a few times before saying. “Don’t be afraid! I’ll be there to protect you in future.”

Zhao Qian said sadly, “I don’t wish to return to Zhao.”

Xiang Shaolong was stunned and asked, “You want to stay in Wei?”

Zhao Qian exclaimed, “Of course not, but as long as I can stay by your side, I am not afraid of any hardship.” She continued with a cry, “If I return to the Zhao palace, and there’s no marriage agreement, Zhao Mu will certainly not let me off. Then death will be the only way for Qian’er to repay Xiang Lang.”

Xiang Shaolong furrowed his brows and asked, “Can he really be so lawless? Isn’t Lady Ni able to escape from his evil clutches and remain unscathed?”

Zhao Qian exclaimed. “Lady Ni is different! Her father-in-law is the famous Zhao general Zhao She and most of the leaders and generals in the army were taught by him. Therefore no matter how much Zhao Mu covets her, he dare not force himself on her. But my status is entirely dependant on my Imperial Father, if he doesn’t protect me, there’s no one who can save me.”

Xiang Shaolong consoled her, “There’s me!” Only now did he realize that Zhao Ni had married Zhao Gua’s brother, no wonder Zhao Ni and Lady Ya are so close to each other.

Zhao Qian sighed, “Zhao Mu knows how to use drugs very well, if he’s really intent on having me, there’s no way Qian’er will be able to stop him. I can only copy my Mother!” She felt a deep sorrow and started crying again.

A fire of hatred burned in Xiang Shaolong’s heart.

For Zhao Qian, for Shu’er’s revenge, when he returns to Zhao, that will be the time he’ll have a life and death duel with Zhao Mu! He will use all methods to attack this fiend, it doesn’t matter even if he has to use the help of Prince Xinling and Lady Pingyuan.

After he left Zhao Qian, he returned to his commander’s tent.

Thank you Jean.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think XSL is disgusting or a lecher. He is just living a man's fantasy life. Fighting and making love without breaking any hearts. He doesn't make any women he makes love with unhappy.

On the other hand perversion and cruelty of Zhao Mu are really beyond imagination. Nasty man.

the way i see it xiang shaolong is doing nothing wrong for in those times it was only natural for a man to have more then one women. and women need their men to be strong for protection as well as he is probably the most sensitive and caring lover a women could ever have back then every other man will just treat them like chattel

Not just Zhao Mu, kill the perverted king as well. I say an accomplice should receive due punishment. Sickening!

end of chapter....

Cheng Xu and Wu Zhuo were waiting for him to discuss the route to take to Fengqiu.

After his conversation with Lady Pingyuan, he was suddenly enlightened and understood what used to baffle him.

If he can return to the 21st century, he’ll certainly become the leading expert in the history of the warring states period.

The 3 states disintegrated and became Han, Zhao and Wei, but the most ironic part is that these 3 states have been constantly hoping to reunited again. The only problem is who will become the king!

The most direct way is to attack and conquer.

The first to start was the very magnificent Wei who even managed to invade Handan and stayed there for 2 years until they were forced to retreat by the state of Qi.

Naturally the state of Qi did not come to the Zhaos rescue because they felt a special liking for them, but because what Qi fears most is the unification of the 3 states. Because under that situation, the first to be in trouble will be the state of Qi due to its close proximity to the 3 states.

Later the Weis suffered heavy losses at the battle of Maling and 100,000 brave troops were eliminated in one day. Even the Chief Commander Prince Shen and the great general Pang Juan lost their lives and they never managed to pick themselves up after that fall.

For the Weis, the battle of Maling is akin to the battle of Chang Ping to the Zhaos, with deep reaching influence.

Because the other states were afraid of the unification of the 3 states, they took the opportunity to keep invading Wei. The continuous attacks by Qi, Qin and Chu made Wei unable to use their military power to unify the 3 states.

But the threat by the Qins are growing bigger day by day.

Therefore the most influential senior officials in the 3 states secretly arranged marriage agreements and such, hoping to unify the 3 states in a more peaceful way. Naturally they are the only ones who know the details.

But the State of Qi has been keeping their eye on them all the time, that’s why Tian Dan sent Xiao Weimou this time to destroy this marriage agreement.

Now Xiang Shaolong is very certain that Xiao Weimou will not let them off.

Xiao Weimou is not like Hui Hu, who was a mix of soldier and thief. He is a professional killer, a little like the special task force he used to be in, specializing in infiltrating enemy camps to investigate, search, destroy or assassinate, and will be a difficult person to deal with.

Therefore they have to meet up with their reinforcements earlier, only then will they be really safe.

new chapter.....

Book 3 Chap 8 – Defending against the enemy with fire

The snow this year came especially late, the grass is still green on the plains and the lakes still sparkling.

This place lies between the main Yellow River and it’s tributaries and the 2 main river splits into hundreds of smaller rivers. The rivers weaved across each other like silver threads, the grass was lush, thick and fragrant and it was a meeting place between the forest grass and dried grass of the plains.

The entourage traveled slowly through this large piece of flat carpet-like grassland.

This is still a place which has not been developed, and only a handful of nomads stayed there. They each have their own lifestyle, like the pretty Baiyi tribe in Zhao, and goes about their own business, not accepting the control of the government.

This place has lots of cows, horses and deer. Traveling past this area, they will see them galloping in the distance or lazily grazing.

But this prehistoric place is also a place where fierce beasts roam.

The more frightening are the wild wolves pack, who kept following in front of behind the troops, not afraid of humans at all.

Xiang Shaolong sent out 10 teams comprising of 5 men each to scout around the area to avoid being ambushed by enemies who might be hiding in the tall grass or the woods.

3 days later, the terrain started to change, with rising and falling hills and wild grass everywhere, greatly slowing their progress.

Xiang Shaolong felt extremely uneasy.

With Xiao Weimou’s evil reputation, if his men are all really good as rumored, he will certainly know that they have battled Hui Hu. At the very least he would have captured some ‘escaped thieves’ and grilled them to find out their whereabouts.

If his deduction is correct, then Xiao Weimou must be following them and waiting for the best time to strike.

But where will they strike?

By noon, the answer appeared finally. It’s a huge mountain diagonally in front of them, and the only way past it is a narrow passage about 3li long.

Xiang Shaolong furrowed his brows deeply on seeing it and was silent for a moment before summoning Cheng Xu, Wu Zhuo and Zha Yuanyu over and said, “If my guess is correct, Xiao Weimou and his men must be waiting for us at that narrow valley.”

and the pattern continues...
    sex, fight, sex, fight, sex.... now it's fight time!

thanks for keeping us entertained, jean!

Thank you so much Jean!

Another trial for our hero! I hope he will be successful in this too.

Zhao = modern day Yunan?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Zhao = modern day Yunan?

Han Solo
    could be... from what I happened to read recently, there is a tribe in China called Bai, and they're mostly around the Yunnan area. It could be the Baiyi tribe in the book.

to continue....

Cheng Xu nodded his head, “According to our scout’s report, if there are people lying in ambush on the top of both side of the cliffs, just throwing rocks at us will be enough for all of us to perish.”

Zha Yuanyu said with a miserable look, “This place is dense with grass and trees, if the enemy were to set up a fire upwind, the thick smoke will be enough to suffocate us to death.”

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “Thick smoke can only be used to deal with those who are unprepared. Yuanyu, you will immediately organize all the men to remove all the grass and trees on this side of the mountain and slopes and dig a deep ditch at the bottom of the valley to lure the nearby streams into the ditch to surround the camp. We will join the carriages to face the mountain to protect the camp. At the same time prepare a large amount of clear water in the camp, each camp is to have at least 2 barrels and everyone is to carry with them cloths or handkerchiefs. When there’s thick smoke, soak it in the water and cover the face with it, then they need not fear the choking smoke.”

Zha Yuanyu was about to get to work when Xiang Shaolong called him back again and said, “Tell everyone to remove their armors or it might affect the tasks!”

Zhao Yuanyu left with that order.

After Xiang Shaolong discussed a little further with Cheng Xu and Wu Zhuo, he was about to look for Zhao Ya and Zhao Qian when Prince Shaoyuan appeared hurriedly towards him with a few family warriors and demanded, “Xiang Shaolong! Why are we stopping at such a dangerous place? How are we going to fend against the enemy if they use fire to attack us?”

Xiang Shaolong replied coldly, “You can cross the narrow valley alone if you like! But I won’t be accompanying.”

Prince Shaoyuan’s eyes were burning and after staying silent for a moment, naturally he dared not take the risk so he changed his tune, “Since we can’t enter, then we should retreat to a safer place.”

Wu Zhuo can’t help but interrupt, “The sun will set in 6 hours, and the mountain terrain is difficult to maneuver, if we retreat to a place where we get stuck, we might as well…”

Prince Shaoyuan shouted angrily, “Shut up! A servant like you has no right to interrupt.”

Wu Zhuo’s expression changed and his hand moved to his sword.

Xiang Shaolong put his hand around Wu Zhuo’s shoulder and said with a smile, “Young Master is mistaken, Wu Zhuo is my battle mate, his words are my words.”

Cheng Xu said with a cold smile, “Whoever sounds more reasonable, we will obey that person.”

Prince Shaoyuan was so furious that the color on his face alternated between pale and red, and he left in a huff.

Wu Zhuo said gratefully, “To be able to fight side by side with Young Grand Master-in-law, is the happiest thing in my life.”

Xiang Shaolong patted him warmly before letting go of his hold on his shoulder and looking at the narrow valley, said, “If we can survive tonight, I’m confident that I can deal with Xiao Weimou’s soldiers hiding in ambush above the narrow valley.”

Chang Xu replied, “According to my calculation, Xiao Weimou’s men are certainly not as many as ours, or else they would have attacked us head on long ago when we were traveling.”

They talked a little further before Xiang Shaolong went to see Lady Ya.

Xiao Zhao and the rest had just set up camp and on seeing his arrival, hurriedly paid their respects.

Looking at these pretty young girls, Xiang Shaolong’s spirits lifted and after flirting with them for a moment, he went in to see Lady Ya.

Lady Ya received him warmly and after letting him have his way with her for a while, they sat on the rug and she said, “Shaolong! There are some words that Ya’er must say, please don’t be offended!”

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “You must be wanting to ask me about my relationship with Zhao Qian. Don’t worry! She’s still a virgin.”

Lady Ya replied, “But you have aroused her desires, how can she be willing to marry to Wei, and if so why do we still need to go to Daliang?”

Xiang Shaolong replied nonchalantly, “Naturally it’s to steal ‘Lu Gong’s Secret Manual’!”

Lady Ya exclaimed seriously, “Shaolong!”

Xiang Shaolong stopped smiling and said, “I know you want to say, ‘if Prince Xinling knows that we are going there to steal the manual, he definitely won’t allow us to succeed’, right?”

Lady Ya bit his shoulder in anger, so upset that she could not say a word.

Xiang Shaolong caressed her shoulder and consoled her, “Trust your husband! In this era where everyone is trying to trick everyone else, we can only act according to circumstances. For all you know we can have our cake and eat it too. Hei! It seems like a long time since I was intimate (xin fang = doing intimate things in a room) with you.”

Lady Ya replied coquettishly, “It’s ‘not been intimate in camp’, we don’t have a ‘room’ here.”

Before Xiang Shaolong has a chance to reply, Xiaozi’s voice was heard calling from the outside, “Vice-Commander Cheng invites Master Xiang to come out immediately!”

Xiang Shaolong sighed and told Lady Ya, “It must be that fellow Prince Shaoyuan who has gotten into trouble again.”

As expected, Prince Shaoyuan has summoned his family warriors and was determined to have his own way and retreat from this mountain on his own.

By the time Xiang Shaolong arrived, Lady Pingyuan was trying to persuade her beloved son to abolish the idea.

When Prince Shaoyuan saw Xiang Shaolong, he got even more furious and exclaimed irritably, “I am not going to sit and die with others. There are forests all around this place, we’re in the open while the enemy is in hiding, how long can we defend ourselves? Only a fool who knows nothing about military matters will do such a stupid thing which is akin to committing suicide.”

Lady Pingyuan replied angrily, “What right do you have to criticize others? Can you defeat Hui Hu’s huge army? That day when Hui Hu was attacking, besides hiding in your tent, what outstanding things have you done.”

Prince Shaoyuan did not expect his mother to embarrass him in public and he nodded his head and said, “Fine! Now you’re totally siding with an outsider, and turned around to deal with your own son. From today onwards, I don’t have a mother like you.”

“Pak!”

Lady Pingyuan gave him an angry slap and with her body shaking, exclaimed, “Say that again one more time!”

Prince Shaoyuan cupped the side of his cheek that was slapped, his eyes filled with viciousness and alternated between looking at her and Xiang Shaolong before saying frostily, “Now that you have a lover, why do you still need a son like me!” He raised his voice and cried out, “Children! Those who still want to stay alive, come with me.”

Lady Pingyuan was so furious her face paled and she cried out, “No one is allowed to follow him. I am still in charge of this family, since when is it his turn to talk.”

Now... who will the warriors listen to?
    Last edited by Jean; 03-17-08 at 03:11 AM.

Prince Shaoyuan is a spoiled idiot with no training in military. With XSL's track record, a smart soldier would side with XSL.

Exciting turn of events! Thanks Jean. You make the start of the week a lot more bearable. I hate Mondays