Page 42 of 321 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Now you got me intrigued. I'll have to wait and see if your favorite female character is comparable to my favorite female character.

Jean, that was a short fight, but very exciting. Me likes! Thanks for not leaving us hanging.
    Who would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by kool View Post
    Now it's getting interesting. Next chapter, my favorite character will finally appear or shall I say one of my favorite female character in all of the wuxia novels I've ever read.
    I agree, for me she is tied with Zhao Min in HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Namdynamo View Post
    Who would that be?
    From Legendary Sibling – the only woman able to ensnarl the heart of self-proclaimed world’s smartest man…. Su Ying

Thank you so much Jean, the duel was short but sweet and Loyang is a very interesting character.

My favorite wuxia heroine is Xiao Long Nuu. She is such a good person with a kind and forgiving heart An independant woman and a good fighter. She rocks!

Default me too..

Now you got me intrigued. I'll have to wait and see if your favorite female character is comparable to my favorite female character.

Jean, that was a short fight, but very exciting. Me likes! Thanks for not leaving us hanging.
    Thanks Jean, you leave me hanging to imagine who is good or bad.

I want to know who this all time favorite female character is also.. as of now, I can't think of a better female character than XLN from the eagle hero. I don't know if you guys can name a few others and why they are your favorite.. I am thinking in terms of wanting to be with if I was back in ancient times. But XLN is definitely not the smartest female and I dont think she can get me out of a jam besides using kung-fu.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Thanks Jean for great translation! I think you solved mini-mystery for me since I always knew from TVB series that LongYong (Dragon Lamb?) referred to homosexuality but did not know it referenced an actual historical figure.

there are plenty of strong women to choose from..

My picks (I think different stories measure people differently):

Ren Ying Ying from SPW

Huang Rong from Eagle Shooting Heroes

Zhao Min from HSDS

Su Ying from Legendary Siblings
    Last edited by smurf120; 04-02-08 at 02:06 PM.

Now it's getting interesting. Next chapter, my favorite character will finally appear or shall I say one of my favorite female character in all of the wuxia novels I've ever read.
    Keep it to yourself mang. I used to say stuff like this nicely, but apparently alot of cats aren't aware that some of us haven't been exposed to any of this stuff. If you just have to tell the world, use the spoiler tag.

thanks jean for another magnificent and highly enjoyable update people here have peaked my interest saying that one of their all time favorite wuxia females is about to appear quite interesting! And how about Xiang Shaolongs magnificent display of smarts [not really kung fu more fighting prowess i guess] with his blinding of his opponent with the light reflected off of his sword quite Lihai, im sure that many of the fighters present will have been in awe of that and taken mental notes from Xiang Shaolong and if Xiang Shaolong ever fights the Fairy Lord Longyan i am quite sure that he will allready have been prepared for just such a tactic! on another note i have a feeling Xiang Shaolong is going to be leaving Zhao soon and i hope when he does we get to see Mei Canniang reappear she is such a loving female and she see's Xiang Shaolong as her gift from heaven can't quite remember clearly but did Xiang Shaolong send someone from the Wu household to pick her up/defend her for him?

I think from reading, the Wu's did sent someone back for her. The bad Zhao marquis was sending some people to investigate his pass by traveling to his origin. The Wu's did say they will hire some people to be the villagers and spoof his pass life.

She is still suffering as a poor country girl while he is living large. I would have send for her long back as soon as I got the 1st piece of gold. A minor annoyance, but still a good Male fantasy hero.

I mean, would you guys/gals send for her already?

Jean, please keep it coming, you are going great.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Keep it to yourself mang. I used to say stuff like this nicely, but apparently alot of cats aren't aware that some of us haven't been exposed to any of this stuff. If you just have to tell the world, use the spoiler tag.
    I don't think it was an spoiler at all. On the other hand, I think it makes a lot of people want to read even more and some even can't control themselve to find out who is the character will be

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Thanks Jean for great translation! I think you solved mini-mystery for me since I always knew from TVB series that LongYong (Dragon Lamb?) referred to homosexuality but did not know it referenced an actual historical figure.
    there are plenty of strong women to choose from..
    My picks (I think different stories measure people differently):
    Ren Ying Ying from SPW
    Huang Rong from Eagle Shooting Heroes
    Zhao Min from HSDS
    Su Ying from Legendary Siblings

Huang Rong from Eagle Shooting Heroes (In my opinion, I think she would drive me crazy.. from watching the series, she would divert me too much from being a successful person; many a times, I remember her being smart but seems to have ADD)

I can't comment on the others as I am not familiar with them.

In an internet pool on the most beloved female in HY's book, 35% vote the lady that will show up tomorrow.

I don't think it was an spoiler at all. On the other hand, I think it makes a lot of people want to read even more and some even can't control themselve to find out who is the character will be

when i first read i got a tincy bit dissapointed.. when i was reading legendary siblings people started talking about Su Ying way before she was even introduced.. so by the time we heard about her I could guess her character and her role.. not all the details but still.. its kind of like the way we didt know if Lady Ya is a heroine or just a passing char or an evil char.. if prior to Lady Ya being introduced people had said,.. cant wait for Lady Ya.. or cant wait for the next female char then it would kinda make it obvious that Lady Ya is gonna be an important char..

at anyrate didnt really bother me a big deal cause u didntmention names atleast. hence i didnt bother complaining. even now im just trying to give u insight as to how it could be a spoiler for others who have no idea about the story or where it will lead.. (I dont have access to the dramas with english subs in New Zealand..)

as far as fav Heroine.. RYY would have to be up the top there. followed closely by XLN

The lady in question is not appearing.... yet. All the descriptions about the building, trees, lakes, people etc are taking up a few pages. And I don't really like translating descriptions, there's only so many ways I can figure out how the tree sways or how the lake reflects. Or how bright, shiny, reflective etc the eyes are. So to confess, sometimes I skim on the descriptions.

Anyway to continue.... end of chapter!

Inside the horse carriage, Prince Xinling said happily, “Xiang Shaolong has helped me vent my frustration, it feels so good!”

Xiang Shaolong remembered Lord Longyang’s pretense of calm as he was leaving and asked with a smile, “I wonder if King An Li will be displeased that I killed his guard.”

Prince Xinling gave a cold snort, “That Sha Xuan, on the pretext of exchanging pointers, killed 5 of my very good swordsmen. Now that you’ve killed him today, what else can An Li say about that.”

By then the carriage has turned into a small road with trees growing densely around it and in front there’s a tranquil and exquisite looking house and courtyard.

Prince Xinling is in extremely high spirits, maybe because there’s now a chance of assassinating the King of Wei. He told him warmly, “We’re now going to this place that all men in Daliang wishes to go, ‘Little House by the Lake’. The scenery here is breathtaking but the main reason is it’s mistress Miss Ji Yanran not only has the beauty to make a country fall, but her talents astound the world as well. Together with Widow Qing from the state of Qin, they are know as the era’s finest pair.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly laughing bitterly. If it was the past, he will certainly be ecstatic to have the chance to meet such a famous beauty, but now his own life is in danger, how can he find the mood to flirt. Even if the other party was willing, he’ll have to think of a way to make her give up so that she will not have to worry about his future.

Once he thought about that, he really felt like a tiger who has fallen on bad times.

Prince Xinling has no idea that he is already aware of his evil plot and thought that Xiang Shaolong was just too excited to talk, so he embellished the story, “Miss Yanran loves to chat about scholarly and martial pursuits with the various learned men who came from afar…”

Xiang Shaolong was stunned, “Martial pursuits?”

Prince Xinling was shocked, “I didn’t expect you not to know this. Miss Yanran is ranked above Lord Longyang amongst Wei’s greatest swordsmen, at number 2. Hai! Such a beauty, how can any average man be compatible with her? That’s why she is still unmarried now. Whoever wins her heart, will certainly gain fame in the world immediately and become the envy of all men around.”

He sighed again, “Talking about looks and skills, Shaolong has the qualities to be selected, but you might not be able to pass the scholarly test.”

As they spoke, the carriage has entered the courtyard.

Under the shade of the trees, a small lake appeared in front of them. In the middle of the lake was a small island with a few exquisite rooms built on it, a long bridge linking the island to the land. It looks like a place fit for a deity to live in.

No matter how dejected Xiang Shaolong was, he was invigorated on seeing it. To think that there would be such a scenic place in Daliang. Looking at the abode one can know the person who resides in it, so by this deduction, this pretty mistress must certainly be out of the ordinary.

The little island on the pretty lake was shaped like a crescent moon, with a fake waterfall, looking like a painted scroll. Between the rooms there were strange flowers and grass, gentle waves lapping and long corridors meandering and linking them, exquisite with an ancient beauty. One can imagine that if one can take a stroll there, it will certainly be a very exhilarated feeling and one will be reluctant to leave.

The carriages went up the long bridge, as if they’re now traveling into a beautiful painting, the breeze blowing past the water, the trees fighting for beauty. The colors of the pavilions and rooms stood in contrast with the lake and the mountains, the little bridges and streams partially hidden by the green leaves and trees.

After passing through a bamboo pathway and 2 small pavilions, the carriages stopped in at an open space in front of a building. There were already 3 horse carriages parked there, obviously they are not the only visitors.

Xiang Shaolong followed the rest down the carriage and a pretty maid came out from the building and paid her respect to Prince Xinling, saying “Miss is having an afternoon nap now, would Prince Xinling and the rest of the guests please wait a moment in the hall.”

Prince Xinling doesn’t seem in the least offended and happily led Xiang Shaolong into the hall beneath the building.

Xiang Shaolong was laughing bitterly to himself secretly again. Looking at what the maid is like, he can imagine what the mistress will be like. To think that there is such a great beauty with character, but he does not have the mood or bravery to hunt. Fate does make fun of men.

awesome update jean thank you once again much appreciated!a girl who is the second best swordsmaster in wei awesome xiang shaolong will add a nuxia to his harem she will come in handy i am sure and in scholarly pursuits im sure shaolong could impress all. gqonmars2 read the translations for smiling proud wanderer and legendary siblings they are both completed and are awesome wuxia novels those two are books with the 2 characters u said u didnt know the third zhaomin the book she is in isnt done yet

Awww, poor XSL, feeling so down. I'm sure this extraordinary woman (Yanran) will cheer him up. Speaking of which, I know this is fiction and all, but seems to me like Huang Yi is describing a too perfect woman. Well, I'll have to see how her personality is like before casting judgment. Hopefully, not another WYY or Princess Fragrance - couldn't stand those 2.

Tis ok, Jean. I skim on the descriptions while reading as well . The sceneries are always described as serene, beautiful, awe inspiring... so I skip to the action. Hehehehe

Awww, poor XSL, feeling so down. I'm sure this extraordinary woman (Yanran) will cheer him up. Speaking of which, I know this is fiction and all, but seems to me like Huang Yi is describing a too perfect woman. Well, I'll have to see how her personality is like before casting judgment. Hopefully, not another WYY or Princess Fragrance - couldn't stand those 2.

Tis ok, Jean. I skim on the descriptions while reading as well . The sceneries are always described as serene, beautiful, awe inspiring... so I skip to the action. Hehehehe
    Sorry for asking another question, but who is WYY?

I see that some of you like XLN. I know that I will offend a lot of people around here but I will say it anyway, for all the virtues that she possesses, she is as "slow" as a rock. Not my type of women. Now Yanran on the other hand...well, you just have to wait for Jean's translation, don't want to spoil the story.

Again, thank you Jean. Can't wait for Yanran to appear.
    Last edited by Namdynamo; 04-02-08 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namdynamo View Post
    Sorry for asking another question, but who is WYY?
    Sorry for the abbreviation. WYY – Wang Yu Yan from Demi God Semi Devil. The object of Duan Yu’s lust… erm I mean “love”.

I have a question.
    Lord Longyang is number 3 best swordsman of Wei.
    This miss Yanran is number 2.
    Then who is number 1? Has not been revealed yet?

Default Thanks jean.

Thank you so much jean for skipping that B#$% . S#$#% .
    I can read LORD OF THE RINGS IN one week if i skip all the pages discribing Scenery.

I mean there is only so many dif types of forest, jungle and lakes out there.
    and we have seen them all on the Discovery Chanel.
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 04-03-08 at 04:12 PM.