Page 48 of 321 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    MMM hey guys has any one thought about putting any of these stories into audio files ? with like charecter vioces and things ? i recon that would be a mean project...
    bloody lecher! lol.. actually its rather cool reading it urself.. cause then the voices sound the way u want them to in ur mind

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Link pls.

Han SOlo
    re poll for ji see zichen.com fun haing lun jian, ji now get 290 vote at number one.

to continue..... new chapter!

Book 4 Chap 4 – Stealing the sky and exchanging the sun

When Xiang Shaolong returned to Prince Xinling’s residence, Ji Yanran’s calls seems to be still ringing in his ears.

When every guest of hers is trying all means hoping to stay, he is the complete opposite, running away as if afraid that she will entwine him.

But this woman is indeed unique, when he first heard of her talent and beauty, he thought that she would be the melancholy type like Lin Daiyu*, or those haughty beauties who keeps an arm’s length away from everyone else. Only after he’s seen her did he realize she’s filled with a passion for life, always seeking facts, thirsting for a learned person to find out a good way to govern a country, or maybe to seek the perfect husband in her heart.

(*Lin Daiyu – Character from dream of red chambers, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lin_Daiyu)

But that person will certainly not be Xiang Shaolong.

For him now, he has no time and neither is it appropriate for him to start any relationship with any woman. He has to conserve all his energy to protect and save Lady Ya, Zhao Qian, the maids and the others, that is his responsibility. If he becomes distracted because of another beauty and made a mistake, he’ll certainly regret it for the rest of his life.

He may be a flirt by nature but he has a strong sense of responsibility as well. Besides, he’s deeply in love with them.

Making use of the light that was streaming out from the building, he made a big round and using his equipment, climbed up the dangerously sloping back mountain which was behind Prince Xinling’s residence. He then easily slipped into the residence and from the description he got, came to the top of a tree next to a building.

This courtyard belongs to Prince Xinling’s inner quarters so security is very tight. Occasionally fierce looking guard dogs can be seen patrolling with groups of men. Luckily he has sprinkled on him the powder that Lady Ya brought with her or else he would not be able to escape from these animals’ sensitive noses.

Now it’s almost 11pm at night, lights can still be seen in the building and he wondered who is not yet asleep.

According to Lady Ya this should be where Prince Xinling’s family reside in so if there’s someone down there, it’ll be difficult for him to sneak into the secret tunnel quietly.

After waiting impatiently for more than half an hour, he could not take it anymore and decided to take the risk, because he does not have the time to continue waiting any longer.

He lifted up the treasure in his hand and activated the switch, the hook flew out 3 feet across and landed lightly on the roof, hooking it tightly.

He then slid over like a flying bird and landed quietly on the roof. He found a sure footing and flipped over the roof down to the balcony on the 2nd level, which was covered by bamboo, moved to the window and looked into the room.

It was an elaborately decorated room. Besides the curtains hanging lowly on the low bed, there was a dressing table and copper mirror and things usually found in a ladie’s room. The lamp was brightly lit and from the bed the moans and pants of a man and woman coupling could be heard.

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself that since this is the entrance to the secret tunnel, the person staying here must be someone Prince Xinling trusts, maybe his beloved wife or concubines. If Prince Xinling wants accompaniment during the night, he can always summon the woman here and there’s no need for him to ‘travel’ here. Could it be that his wife or concubine is having an affair?

But there is no need to think further. Just as he was about to flip one level down, he heard voices from down below. A group of patrol guards were downstairs and they actually stopped and were quietly talking.

Xiang Shaolong was secretly lamenting and after waiting for a while, those people downstairs still have no intention of leaving. He gritted his teeth, drew out a flying needle and poked it through the gap in the window, lightly flipping up the latch on the window. He pushed open the window and flipped into the room.

A gust of wind followed him into the room.

Xiang Shaolong was secretly alarmed and before he had a chance to close the window, a man’s voice was heard from inside the curtained bed, “Zhichun you must have forgotten to close the window properly, look! That window is opened!”

The voice sounds familiar, it’s actually Prince Shaoyuan.

The woman called Zhichun replied in surprise, “That’s impossible, let me go and close it, the weather is really cold!”

Xiang Shaolong was startled. This room may be big but there’s no place to hide. The low bed is not higher than a foot and he can’t squeeze under it even if he wanted to. In his anxiety he had an idea, he rolled towards the candle, reached out his hand and extinguished the flame by pressing on the wick.

That Zhichun had just sat up and exclaimed with an ‘Ah!’, saying, “The wind has extinguished the candle!”

Xiang Shaolong dared not hesitate and rushed towards the door and tested it with a push. It opened immediately and he was overjoyed. Using the sounds of Zhichun moving around as a cover, he dashed out and closed the door.

It’s an empty hall outside with a flight of stairs down, and there are 2 other rooms.

The sound of the door opening was heard behind him and Xiang Shaolong was startled. He rushed forward and managed to hide behind a screen in time.

At this time a totally naked beauty came out from the room. She looks younger than 20 and looked delicate with fair skin and a voluptuous body, extremely captivating. When she walked her bosom bounced which made her even more alluring.

Zhichun walked towards the screen coyly.

Xiang Shaolong was alarmed and only now did he realize that at his feet there were chamber pots and such, used for relieving oneself and he hurriedly dashed out from the other side of the screen and lied flat on the ground so that the candle will not reflect his shadow. Right at this time Zhichun stepped behind the screen but he exited just as she entered so she did not manage to see him.

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought what a close shave and crawled towards the stairs. When he heard twinkling sounds behind the screen, he went down.

Just as he reached the corner of the stairs, voices were heard from below, there were at least 4 men talking.

Xiang Shaolong stood at the corner stunned and lamented his luck. If he can’t manage to steal the ‘Secret Manual’ tonight, it’ll be even worse.

He turned around the corner and stuck his head out to look down towards the hall and saw 4 warriors sitting around a table chatting. If he were to walk down, no matter how careful he is, there’s no way he can avoid them. He was so nervous his heart almost stopped.

In his anxiety, he heard Zhichun’s crisp voice call out, “Is there anyone still around?”

Someone replied and walked towards the stairs.

Xiang Shaolong secretly groaned. He’s really stuck in the middle now with no way to advance or retreat, so he hardened his heart and pulled out a flying needle, his concentration wholly on the warrior who is walking towards the stairs and at the same time squeezed himself into the corner of the wall so that the other party won’t be able to see him from afar.

The person replied as he walked, “What instructions does Lady has?”

Thumbs up

If others don't like monday, then I love it very much, as long as Jean still here ....

As always, thanks Jean....

Thank you Jean

Thank you Jean. How was your weekend?

He lifted up the treasure in his hand and activated the switch
    When I read this, I thought XSL found the manual
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

No update?? I am going through withdrawal...

hehehe i know, we are so spoiled that we're hoping to get one every day now =P

another highly enjoyable update jean i wonder whats gonna happen to shaolong now.. . .. . . .im guessing he will be discovered by that girl after killing the warrior and judging from the current pattern he will make that women his. .. . . . .lol. .. .. . . anyway love the efforts you put into translating this magnificent novel! logged in last night at 7 to check if you had u0pdated and saw you online so i was ecstatic .. . . .. . T_T lol anyways heres to hoping for an update tonight cant wait to find out more about jinran i like how he is the only man in wei who has the audacity to ignore her and walk out on her!!!!

Jean has definitely spoiled us with daily updates (except on weekends). I always turn on the pc after coming home from work. This is getting too addicting for me. Hope there will be an update soon.

I thought after XSL's vicious kicks to Prince Shaoyuan's privates that he won't be canoodling with women for awhile. Guess the guy healed fast, hehehehe...

Jean?! oh no, you're not sick, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by bharata View Post
    Jean?! oh no, you're not sick, are you?
    yeah, down with sore throat and cough, so been at home these 2 days. Will post a longer update when I'm at work tomorrow. My translated files are all in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yeah, down with sore throat and cough, so been at home these 2 days. Will post a longer update when I'm at work tomorrow. My translated files are all in the office.
    Please feel better soon. Miss u.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Awwwww, you must take care of your health, Jean

Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. Don't worry about us, we'll be alright without updates for a couple days.

Get well soon Jean.

Get well soon Jean. Don't worry about us, we can get by for a few days.

Ooo Jean....., don't worry about us, take a rest for a few days to recover (or few weeks still ok .... ), but hope no need so long time .....

Wish you a speedy recovery, Jean. Get well soon.
    You are not what you think you are.
    But what you think, you are.

feel better soon, Jean.

feel better soon, Jean.