Page 51 of 321 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

hahaha

thats kinda freaky reading kchills 3rd person reply.. only cause when i read kchills posts i dont picture a beautiful young lady.. hahaha

only do it if ur a beautiful young lady ( that means u can speak in third person Jean )

hehehehe

haha, littlefish, I'm not exactly that young either.

Anyway, it's quite common for people in the olden times to refer to themselves as 3rd person, at least in the books or shows that I've seen. I think it's supposed to sound more polite.

And to continue....

Xiang Shaolong removed the cloth and it turned out to be a message from Liu Chao, generally informing him that Prince Xinling has increased the number of men to keep an eye on Xiang Shaolong, so he dared not come and meet with him. Zhao Qian has been brought to Lady Pingyuan’s residence and was being held there and they will keep a close eye on her. At the bottom of the cloth he drew a simple map, pointing out the buildings where Lady Pingyuan resides in.

Xiang Shaolong immediately heaved a sigh of relief. As long as he knows that Zhao Qian is still within the residence, there is still hope.

At the same time he guessed that Prince Xinling is up to no good and will still get Lady Pingyuan to send Zhao Qian into the Palace instead of him, thus treating him as an idiot.

By now the sky is slowly getting dark.

Xiang Shaolong decided to relax himself and allowed the 4 pretty maids to return and help him bath and change. He went out and joined Prince Xinling for dinner, keeping up pretenses all this while.

During dinner Xiang Shaolong said, “I’d like to practice my swordplay alone tonight, it’s best that no one is sent over to serve me. Hei! Without Lady Ya, and with such alluring maids, it’ll be terrible if I cannot refrain myself!”

Prince Xinling did not suspect anything at all and agreed with a laugh. He was secretly thinking to himself, as long as I send more people to keep an eye on you, and with Zhao Qian in my hands, need I worry that you’ll fly away?

Xiang Shaolong returned to his building and immediately made a small hole in the roof and ejected his rope out, grabbing on to a large tree nearby before going into his room. He was about to carry his wooden sword when a knocking was heard on his door.

Xiang Shaolong had no choice but to hurriedly remove his equipment and walk out of the room to open the door. He saw Lady Pingyuan standing alone outside the door with a glow, looking at him deeply with very confused eyes.

He thought that something must be wrong and had no choice but to welcome her in.

Lady Pingyuan walked daintily and lightly towards his bedroom.

Xiang Shaolong was immediately scared mindless. Right now his bed is full of stuff that should not be seen so how can he allow her to go in. His mind worked quickly and he dashed forward, hugging her waist from the back.

Lady Pingyuan moaned daintily and collapsed softly into his arms, tears flowing down her cheeks.

In his entire life, Xiang Shaolong has never experienced so many women crying over him before and he felt a headache coming on seeing this. He turned her around, tilted up her pretty tear stained face and pretended to be helpless as he asked, “What’s the matter!”

Lady Pingyuan closed her eyes, gritted her teeth, trying to control her sobs as she shook her head, looking utterly dejected.

No one other than Xiang Shaolong can understand her dilemma right now, wanting to harm him and send him to his death but yet can’t help but come and see him. This is the reason for her torture!

Lady Pingyuan collapsed into Xiang Shaolong’s arms, using all her strength to hug him, her pretty face buried in his wide chest as she continued sobbing.

Xiang Shaolong was secretly lamenting that with her around like this, how is he going to save Zhao Qian and if those assassins from Chu Mohism were to arrive, he might not be able to preserve his own life as well.

Lady Pingyuan calmed down a little and said quietly as she nibbled his ear lobe, “Shaolong! Carry me into the room!”

Xiang Shaolong almost wanted to cry for help, how can his room be ‘seen’? He hurriedly said, “Lady! Wasn’t it supposed to be later before we can do it?”

Lady Pingyuan stamped her feet and pouted, “I want it now! Aren’t you going to carry me in?”

Xiang Shaolong carried her up by her waist.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door again.

Both of them were equally startled.

A servant’s voice was heard from outside, “Lady, the Prince has something urgent and wants you to see him immediately.”

Xiang Shaolong put Lady Pingyuan down and pretended to be helpless and sighed. However he knows that once Prince Xinling received news that Lady Pingyuan has come to look for him, he’s worried that his sister will let her emotions overrule her and spoil the plan, that’s why he sent someone here to lead her away.

Lady Pingyuan first looked furious, then her expression darkened as she replied, “Coming!”

She rushed forward and hugged Xiang Shaolong tightly, giving him a hot kiss filled with complicated feelings of joy, pain and farewell. After that she lowered her head and left, not turning back for another look.

At this point in time Xiang Shaolong doesn’t know whether to hate her or love her, because that kiss earlier is really eternally unforgettable, getting right into his bones, with an inseparable mixture of love and hate.

thank you jean! that's most deadly kiss in the story

sigh...so many love and x scenes...confused as whom XSL loves.....

Thanks Jean. Great read.

Can someone please help me keep this straight, why are the "assassins from Chu Mohism" after XSL? Did I miss something here?
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Me too. Weren't they after some kind of medallion?

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    Thanks Jean. Great read.

Can someone please help me keep this straight, why are the "assassins from Chu Mohism" after XSL? Did I miss something here?
    They think he has the token given to him by the guy at the begin of the story (forgot his name) who taught XSL Mohism swordplay.

i think because XSL's mozi swordplay is famous good, so he must have a famous teacher from mohism.
    and it worth to investigatd

Enishi is right, they are trying to take back the token/medallion from XSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Namdynamo View Post
    Enishi is right, they are trying to take back the token/medallion from XSL.
    but XSL did not tell anyone that he have the token. was the author tell them?

Quote Originally Posted by bharata View Post
    but XSL did not tell anyone that he have the token. was the author tell them?
    Damn it,

You are exactly right with this statement "i think because XSL's mozi swordplay is famous good, so he must have a famous teacher from mohism, and it worth to investigate" to see if he has the medallion.

So you and Kchill are right.
    Last edited by Namdynamo; 05-01-08 at 12:14 AM.

I think they suspect he has it, because he was the last person to be seen with Yuan Zong.

Ok, here is the true answer how they think he has the token guys, read post #342 and #346 in this page:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...=21972&page=18

For those who are too lazy to go back and read, here is a summary:

After defeating Lian Jin, Zhao Mu asked XSL who taught him his sword skills, XSL told him that he met Yuan Zong and learned his sword skills from him. Yan Ping, who is the leader of the Mozi Sect in Handan, was there when XSL told the story. Yan Ping then asked XSL if Yuan Zong gave him the token but XSL denied that he had the token.

I think that they still suspect XSL has the token so they went after him here to get the token back.

Ah.. Thanks everyone for helping me keeping it straight.

Now, I can't wait to find out what this token/medallion is for. And if I remember correctly, in the TVB version,

click to show/hide spoilers
    this token/medallion is always no good. At least I don't remember one time which help XSL out.

So, I hope in the book, XSL will make use of the token/medallion to help him.

It's friday, and guess where I'll be stopping?

When Xiang Shaolong arrived at the huge courtyard that Lady Pingyuan resides in, Zhao Qian’s lonely heart was pining away for Xiang Shaolong. He has become this beautiful princess’s only hope.

On one hand she has almost blind confidence towards Xiang Shaolong, but she’s terrified that he will not know that she’s being held captive here. When the 2 extremely conflicting thoughts were torturing her mind, the 2 ladies who were assigned to guard after her every move suddenly shuddered and fainted onto the ground consecutively. And the awe inspiring and handsome Xiang Shaolong appeared proudly in her room.

Zhao Qian was ecstatic and ran into Xiang Shaolong’s warm and safe embrace, her dainty body trembling violently.

Xiang Shaolong carried her to a corner that is not easily visible from the door or windows, reached out and loosened her robes.

Although Zhao Qian has always been very obliging towards Xiang Shaolong, she was still shocked and secretly furious that this person still has the mood for such things during such a dangerous time.

Just as she was about to object, Xiang Shaolong kissed her lips lovingly while continuing the removal of her robes.

Zhao Qian was feeling all soft and ticklish from his nimble fingers working on her overly sensitive skin and just as she was losing her senses, she realized Xiang Shaolong has removed the small bag on his back and is already attiring her alluring body which now only has a slip covering it, with a thick robe that can withstand the cold, covered with a black armored vest.

Xiang Shaolong squatted down and helped her change into shoes suited for long distance travel.

Zhao Qian was so moved that hot tears ran down her cheeks, her heart filled with happiness and gratitude. Even if she has to die for Xiang Shaolong now, she’ll do it willingly.

Everything was done and Xiang Shaolong stood up, holding her tightly as if he’s carrying the most precious treasure in the world and asked quietly, “Will my little treasure be obedient?”

Zhao Qian nodded her head vigorously.

Xiang Shaolong took out a cloth binding and tied the beautiful princess to his back, crossed her slender legs around his waist and tightened it with the cloth. The two of them merged as one, with no space between them.

Lady Ya made these cloth bindings in a hurry upon his request. Xiang Shaolong had undergone training before and is well aware of the importance of being well equipped, so he was extremely well prepared before the mission.

Zhao Qian leaned on his strong back, her previous worries all swept away and she almost moaned in satisfaction and comfort.

Xiang Shaolong went to the window and looked out. He pushed open the window lightly and listened.

A patrol troop just walked past outside the building.

When they were far away, Xiang Shaolong went out the window with Zhao Qian on his back and landed lightly on the grass outside.

When he was training in the military, he often had to carry 10kg of things and climbed hills and valleys to train his stamina so a light beauty like her will definitely not hinder his movement.

In the woods, he’ll suddenly stop moving, or he’ll suddenly run madly like the wind, moving swiftly and nimbly forward, his destination is of course that 2 level building which Prince Shaoyuan was staying in.

At the southeast corner gongs and drums were sounded, followed by the voices of people mixed with the barking of ferocious dogs.

Xiang Shaolong was shocked and looked towards the direction of the noises only to see fire blazing into the sky at that side. In this starless night the scene looked especially frightening.

He secretly commented that Fu Du really came at the right time and while everyone’s attention were on the fire, he rapidly went towards Prince Shaoyuan’s residence.

Shouts of fighting and weapons clanging were heard from the direction of the house Xiang Shaolong stayed in.

By now Xiang Shaolong has reached the flowerbeds behind Prince Shaoyuan’s residence and saw that Prince Shaoyuan, together with Liu Chao and his men were running out of the house with weapons towards the sound of the fight.

He was secretly laughing to himself, because Liu Chao had already opened the window and he climbed into the house and went into the tunnel with familiarity. After he closed the entrance, he ran down the tunnel towards the back of the mountain.

His shoes were covered with soft cloth so even if he was running rapidly, no sound was emitted so he need not fear Prince Xinling will hear him. Besides, by now there’s no way Prince Xinling will remain on his bed.

After running a distance, the tunnel made a 90 degrees turn towards the south and in a short while, he was at the exit on the other end of the tunnel.

He took out his lock picking tools and unlocked the metal door. After closing it properly again, he followed the stone steps outside the door and reached the last door that leads to the ground level outside.

Outside is a dense forest, situated outside the southern wall of Prince Xinling’s residence.

After Xiang Shaolong sealed the tunnel properly, he checked out the directions and ran towards the nearest city wall of Daliang. As long as he can leave this city, chances of them escaping will be very much greater.

No one was on the dark streets, it’s like a ghost city but hatefully, every household has a lantern hung outside their doors. Although the light was dim and the wind was blowing on the lanterns making them rock, but it makes hiding for him all the more difficult.

Xiang Shaolong tried his best to avoid the larger streets, sticking to the darker alleys.

Sounds of hooves were heard and Xiang Shaolong had just passed a main street but before he can dodge into an alley, the enemy noticed him and rode over shouting.

Xiang Shaolong was extremely perplexed, he cannot figure out how did Prince Xinling manage to find men so quickly to come after him?

But there’s no use thinking about it now, he can only run for his life.

Zhao Qian who was lying down on his back was lightly trembling, obviously she’s very nervous which made him love and pity her more. Such an elegant beauty, to think she has to go through such difficulties!

After he ran out of the alley and had just turned into a main street, he heard hoof beats coming rapidly from the left, 10 odd riders were coming after them like the wind.

Xiang Shaolong knows that there’s no way he can avoid them so he made up his mind and moved to a side, with his back against the houses and his front facing the enemies.

The riders all dismounted and one of them chortled, “Xiang Shaolong, let’s see where you can escape to today?”

It turns out to be the one who treats animals as his teacher, Xiao Weimou and of course his left and right hand men Ning Chong and Zheng Lei were with him.

Thanks Jean. Have a great weekend.

Great cliffhanger as always.

I wonder how he is getting out of this one. My guess is that Miss Yanran to the rescue...

cliff hangers like this are Jeans very own "deadly kiss!" haha

there is no way he can fight off these guys with a woman tied to his back.. his mobility will be waaay to restricted... will be cool to find out how he gets out of it!

When he was training in the military, he often had to carry 10kg of things and climbed hills and valleys to train his stamina so a light beauty like her will definitely not hinder his movement.
    hehehe is that 100 kg? 10 kg is light... Zhao Qian probably weighs 50 kg!

Quote Originally Posted by efflix View Post
    hehehe is that 100 kg? 10 kg is light... Zhao Qian probably weighs 50 kg!
    HY wrote 10kg... 100kg is a bit too overboard. But anyway, he was carrying 10kg for endurance and stamina training, I guess it's meant to say his stamina is now so good that carrying a 50kg beauty is small feat.

thank you jean, for the update! i think 50 kg is not a big problem for ordinary man to carry.