Page 57 of 321 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Thanks Jean for the update.

I am waiting for some action, both in romance and fighting. Lets bring it
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

New chapter! Feeling generous today so it's a longer update than usual.

Book 4 Chap 10 – Each executing own strategies

Xiang Shaolong stepped into the main hall of Hidden Dragon Abode and Wu Tingfang, Ting Fangshi together with the 4 maids were kneeling along the door to welcome him according to the procedures required of a wife and concubine to welcome the return of a long absent husband.

He did not expect Wu Tingfang to be so obedient and was feeling quite lost because he’s not quite sure what he’s supposed to do according to procedure. Wu Tingfang smilingly invited him to be seated at the main chair and personally helped to remove his clothes together with Ting Fangshi while the 4 maids happily went to the bathing pool behind to prepare hot water for him.

As Xiang Shaolong was enjoying the warm family atmosphere, he can’t help but think of the ill-fated Lady Ni. Especially when he was soaking in the pool, he remembered how he frolicked in the water with this alluring beauty right before he left.

Wu Tingfang is a lot more mature and voluptuous now, and more understanding as well. Not only did she not blame him for being moody, she even attended to him meticulously together with Ting Fangshi, using their pretty bodies to sooth his seriously injured heart.

In his daze, together with the fatigue from a long travel, Xiang Shaolong did not even know how he got onto the bed and when he woke up, it’s already deep into the night.

On the huge bed, beneath the warm blanket, there was only the flimsily clad Wu Tingfang hugging him tightly, sleeping sweetly.

Once Xiang Shaolong moved, she woke up immediately; obviously her concentration is totally upon her beloved.

Wu Tingfang asked gently, “Hungry? You haven’t had dinner yet!”

Xiang Shaolong hugged her tightly, “With you in my arms, everything else is forgotten.”

Wu Tingfang exclaimed happily, “It’s so good that you’re back. Without you, everything lost its interest and meaning. Fang’er did not want to ride horses, play archery, nothing at all, but everyday I’ll be counting the days when you’ll be back. I never thought that pining for a person could be so painful!”

“After Sister Ya returned, Fang’er went to bothered her everyday to tell me about what happened during your journey. Both of us totally idolizes you. I’ve long said that no one will be able to defeat you.”

Xiang Shaolong thought of Lady Ni and felt a stab of pain. He went closer to her ear and whispered, “I’ll eat my obedient Fang’er first before eating my late dinner, all right?”

Wu Tingfang exclaimed, “Of course! I’ve been waiting for your loving for so long that my neck is growing long from the wait.”

Early the next morning Master Wu sent someone to ask him and Wu Tingfang to join him for breakfast.

Xiang Shaolong hugged Ting Fangshi and cuddled with her for a short while, then kissed the 4 maids who had been ‘painfully waiting’ for him before hurrying to the main residence with the recently ‘nourished’ and exuberant Wu Tingfang.

Once Wu Tingfang saw her grandfather, she expertly used her wiles and mischievous behavior to make him so happy that he was grinning from ear to ear.

During the meal Master Wu told Xiang Shaolong, “After Wu Zhuo returned, he gave me a detailed report of Shaolong’s trip to Wei. I am very pleased with what I heard, Shaolong not only are you more intelligent than others, you’re also brave and heroic. It really is Fang’er’s good fortune to have you as her husband.”

Wu Tingfang saw how her usually picky grandfather was complimenting her husband and was so happy she can’t help but smile sweetly.

Just as Xiang Shaolong was expressing his modesty embarrassingly, Master Wu said, “We’ll choose a time within these 2 days to hold a secret wedding between you and Tingfang. That Ting Fangshi will become your concubine, does Shaolong have any objections?”

Xiang Shaolong rose to bow and offer his thanks while Wu Tingfang lowered her pretty face in bashfulness and joy.

After he returned to his seat, Master Wu continued, “Whether we succeed or fail, Zhao Ya is the key point. Only through her will it be possible for you to get in touch with Ying Zheng and his mother. Luckily she is enamored with you so Shaolong should make use of this relationship well.”

Wu Tingfang pouted, “Grandfather! Sister Ya and Shaolong are truly in love with each other.”

Master Wu sighed, “Little girl! What do you know?”

Xiang Shaolong has no wish to argue with him over this, and he can’t really blame him for this thought because Zhao Ya’s reputation is really too horrible. No one will believe that she will remain true to one person, and even he himself is not totally confident.

Master Wu said, “Last night Guo Zhong sent a messenger over to invite Shaolong to his residence tonight for a feast to celebrate the success of stealing ‘Lu Gong’s Secret Manual’. The other invited guests are Zhao Mu, the Juzi from Zhao Mohism Yan Ping and the person I mentioned to you yesterday, Zhao Ba from the Zhao Warrior Association. With such an arrangement, I’m afraid it’s not going to be something so simple as a celebratory feast.”

Xiang Shaolong furrowed his brows on hearing that and asked, “Can I bring some men along?”

Master Wu replied, “Of course you can! Now that you are our Wu family’s Grandson-in-law, and has made great military contributions, your status is different from the past. How can you not have some family warriors following you?”

Xiang Shaolong thought for a moment before asking, “There’s one matter which Shaolong is unable to figure out. King Xiaocheng and Zhao Mu all have the family name Zhao, do they have any blood relations with each other, but why is it they can mess everything up, and even have marriages between those of the same family name?”

Master Wu looked at him in surprise, “You’re confusing me instead. People from the wild mountains like you have never placed much consideration on marriages between blood relatives, so why are you so particular about this matter?”

Only now did Xiang Shaolong remember his ‘real background’ and he pulled off a nonsensical reply, “I’m just perplexed that the royalty would learn from us as well.”

Master Wu would never imagine that he came from another dimension, and even if Xiang Shaolong told the truth, he would not have believed him. He explained, “There are 2 groups of people with the family name Zhao. One of the group is really from the Zhao family tribe, but after so many generations, the blood relations has been thinned greatly so everyone ignores it with some even encouraging marriages within the same family name. The other group are those bestowed the family name ‘Zhao’ by the King, and Zhao Mu is one of the examples.”

Xiang Shaolong nodded his head in understanding.

Master Wu said, “There are 2 people whom Shaolong must be on guard against, and they’re Prince Xinling from Wei and Tian Dan from Qi. These 2 people are extremely formidable and have a lot of expert fighters under them. You’ve stolen the ‘Lu Gong’s Secret Manual’ and killed Xiao Weimou, they will definitely not let you off. Unless they decide not to strike but if they do, it will certainly be after much planning and consideration and their strategy will be astounding, it’s not going to be something easy to deal with.”

Xiang Shaolong raised his brows as he replied, “Shaolong is already mentally prepared, Grandfather please rest assured!”

Master Wu raised his head heavenward and chortled as he reached out his hand to pat his shoulder, saying, “Good! That is my good grandson-in-law.”

Knowing oneself and one’s enemy well is the key to winning a hundred battles.

Even in the 21st century, gathering information is the most important task. It’s just that during that time they can rely on satellites, but here they have to rely on people’s ears and eyes.

Because of this Xiang Shaolong had a discussion with Tao Fang to decide how to find out what Zhao Mu’s strategy against them is. They also extended their spying network to Guo Zhong, Zhao Ba, Yan Ping as well as Zhao Mu’s 2 lackeys, the Physician Guo Kai and General Yue Cheng etc. After that he went with Wu Tingfang to Lady Ya’s residence situated outside the Palace.

Teng Yi and Jing Jun became his personal bodyguards. Once he steps out of the house, they will follow him like a shadow.

Wu Zhuo also chose another 10 excellent fighters to be his followers. All these people went to Wei with him so they have already established strong ties with him, therefore they can naturally work well with one another.

Thank you Jean. Great update.

I love it when you are generous.

I foresee a fight coming up. XSL is ramping up his troops.

Thanks Jean =)

nice update.. setting the scene for some good stuff!!

btw: After all this I would hope that he could have trusted Lady Ya...

its sad if she betrays him...

Lady Ya betrayed XSL once before because she truly thought Zhao Mu would spare XSL’s life. After risking her life and all the trouble she went through for him, he should be more understanding and trust her. If he’s still holding her promiscuous past against her, he is being a horrible hypocrite, bedding practically every female in sight whether young or old. If anything, I thought the 21st century taught him better than to judge people in such a fashion.

I find XSL’s reunion with the women a bit nauseous. I understand that this is catered to male fantasies, but c’mon, the scene just sounds ridiculous.

Jean, thank you so much for the longer update. Your generosity is greatly appreciated . The politics and backstabbing are always entertaining .

thanks Jean for a wonderful update!

I am really getting into the story but reading about the "reunion" makes me long for a woman with XSL's equivalent intellect. The only "equal" so far seems to be either Lady Ya or Lady Ji. I hope the other girls don't become a rather large cast of scantily clad flower vases.

There would still be a lot of girls show up, most of them are not vases.

to continue....

The streets of Handan is livelier and more crowded as well. Looking at the dressing and hearing the accents, a lot of them were traders from other places. Obviously Zhao is now slowly recovering after it’s serious defeat at Changping.

Xiang Shaolong and Wu Tingfang rode alongside each other, followed by Teng Yi and Jing Jun with the Wu family soldiers following right at the end and everyone on the streets turned to look at them.

He can’t help but feel a surge of emotions.

Thinking back on the day he just arrived in Handan, he couldn’t even protect Ting Fangshi then and can’t help but have mixed feelings about this.

But all these in front of him, is like a sandcastle built on a beach. One large wave is all it takes for everything to disappear without a trace.

In fact the whole country can use this analogy as well.

Again he felt as if this is a big dream.

Why does life always feel like a dream?

Only during special moments, for example when fighting a battle or when enjoying himself like last night with Wu Tingfang can he clearly feel the presence of life.

No matter how he was thrown into this era, it’s difficult for him to feel for what is happening in front of him like the others. Because after all he is from another era, with 2000 more years of experience, that’s why he can see more clearly, more deeply and more objectively than any scholar of this era.

Wu Tingfang kept throwing sweet and beguiling smiles at him and soon, they were entering Lady Ya’s residence.

Zhao Ya received them in the main hall.

Xiang Shaolong specially introduced Teng Yi and Jing Jun to her and said quietly, “Jing Jun is very good in stealth work at night, going over walls and into houses easily. If there is anything urgent I want to inform you, I will tell him to look for you.”

After settling on some simple communication signals, Lady Ya smiled smugly, “Qian’er is waiting for you inside.”

Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed and curious at the same time, “King Xiaocheng really agreed to your request?”

Lady Ya led him and Wu Tingfang into the inner hall while Teng and Jing remained in the outer hall. As they walked, she explained, “I gave Imperial brother a proposal, saying that I want to teach Qian’er the secrets to enticing men so that when she becomes the concubine of another state, she can also make use of her natural beauty to push things that are beneficial to our Great Zhao. Imperial brother is not a person with a mind of his own so after I pointed out to him the advantages to it, he agreed.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly admired Zhao Ya for her quick and tactical ideas. He reached out and hugged her slender waist, tapped her buttocks lightly twice and said, “So Zhao Mu’s family name is not originally Zhao, I wonder who is he and what is his background?”

Zhao Ya replied, “No one in Handan dares to mention this, because Zhao Mu will go to unscrupulous lengths to deal with those who pursue his background. When he came to Zhao he was only 14 years old, and was introduced by an attendant. Because Zhao Mu’s swordsmanship was excellent and was obedient, and at the same time he has the same habit of liking men like Imperial brother so very quickly he won the heart of Imperial brother. At that time Imperial brother has not yet ascended the throne but because of their close relationship, even we could not say anything. I just did not expect that now that Zhao Ni’s death is so full of loopholes, Imperial brother still allowed Zhao Mu to cover everything up. Now everyone in the palace has given up on Imperial brother, but what’s the use of that?”

Xiang Shaolong forced himself not to think of Lady Ni and asked calmly, “Is the attendant who brought him in still around?”

Zhao Ya replied, “Not long after Imperial brother ascended the throne, that attendant was found to have lost his footing, fell into a well and drowned by someone. At that time we did not suspect anything at all but now that you’re asking about it, I think this person is killed by Zhao Mu to prevent him from revealing the secret of his background.”

Xiang Shaolong asked, “Is that attendant from Zhao?”

Lady Ya thought for a moment before replying, “I’m not sure, but it’s not difficult to find out.”

Xiang Shaolong reminded her, “This investigation must be done secretly.”

Lady Ya pouted, “All right! Do I still need you to tell me that?”

Xiang Shaolong was about to speak further when Zhao Qian ran into his arms like a fragrant breeze, her delicate body trembling and using all the strength she has to hug him tightly.

Wu Tingfang laughed, “3rd Princess, so you’re equally enamored of him as well!”

Zhao Qian left Xiang Shaolong’s safe embrace embarrassingly and holding Wu Tingfang’s tiny hand, led her towards Lady Ya’s tranquil little building, the 2 girls chattering non-stop, behaving very closely towards each other.

The 4 of them went to the small building and drinking the fragrant tea served by Xiao Zhao and the rest, enjoying the nice morning weather.

The large garden outside the building has turned into a silvery white world, with snowy petals on the trees.

Xiang Shaolong told Wu Tingfang and Zhao Qian, “My 2 obedient lasses, the garden is so pretty, why don’t you take a walk downstairs?”

Naturally the 2 ladies will listen to his every command and knowing that he has business to discuss with Lady Ya, they obediently went down to admire the snowy scene in the garden.

Only now did Xiang Shaolong told Lady Ya about Ying Zheng.

Lady Ya took a long look at him before saying, “Xiang Lang, don’t blame Ya’er for being curious, but it seems that when you first came to Handan, you were already very interested in Ying Zheng. At that time you should not have known about the relationship between the Wu family and Lu Buwei yet, so how did you have such foresight?”

Xiang Shaolong was dumbfounded because with Zhao Ya’s intelligence, no matter how he tries to explain it will still sound inappropriate. Because with his status at that time, he shouldn’t even be aware of the existence of Ying Zheng.

Thanks Jean. Wonderful update.

And the plot thickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    My 2 obedient lasses

Oh my god.. is that really what the book used?

If my lady hears me call her that, I would be sleeping on the couch for a while... But if I have 2 of them.. maybe I won't mind that much. .. lol

"lasses", I love them.

lass is not really a bad word in UK (I think)

Why is every man interested in two women factor anyway? Seriously, what is the appeal?

Thank you so very much Jean

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet View Post
    Why is every man interested in two women factor anyway? Seriously, what is the appeal?
    First, I want to thank Jean for her labor of love. Thank you very much.

Eliza, since you asked the question, I will assume you are a woman (as men know the answer). For me, the 2-women factor is very much alluring from a mental, and physical level.

From the physical level, it would be a lot of fun to have more than one woman who is playing with you at the same time.

From the mental level, it is already difficult for a man to find ONE woman who is willing to love him and have fun with .... to have 2 (or more) women who is willing to love him and have fun with him, is a very very special occassion. Note that I am referring to 2 (or more women) who are not in a jealous fight with each other, but in harmony to make the man happy. It is almost a miracle! As a man, I am aware that it is unlikely to happen to me, which is why this situation is very much a Male Fantasy!

For me, there are 2 reasons:
    1) I realized men likes variety; This maybe relate to a trait where men wants to spread their seeds. Is it genetic, I don't know.
    2) Two together is difficult, so its the challenge/mystic of having it come true.
    This maybe related to men who thinks the chase is half of the relationship.

Please do not misunderstand me; I think if you find your soul mate, a man can be in utopia which the above will no longer exist. But, finding a soul mate is as hard as the above. So, I will take what ever comes 1st. Or getting both at the same time.

lass is the word for a young girl, used particularly in Scotland. Lassie would be addressing a young girl, eg, 'Where have you been, lassie?'

Its an interesting choice of word

well, the exact term XSL used was "两个小乖乖". Lass was the only word I could think of at that time

anyway, to continue....

Lady Ya went into his arms and continued, “No matter what secrets you have, Ya’er doesn’t care as long as you love me.”

Xiang Shaolong was touched and after kissing her fragrant lips, said, “Is there a way to arrange a meeting between me and Ying Zheng.”

Lady Ya sighed, “It’s no problem at all arranging for both of you to meet, at the most I’ll sacrifice myself a little. The problem is there’s no way this can be hidden from Zhao Mu. Besides, seeing Ying Zheng may hinder things instead. This person is engrossed with wine and beauty all day long, he’s not much difference from a bum. He also believes that Zhao Mu is his benefactor and friend and worst, he may reveal your secrets to Zhao Mu. That would be terrible!”

Is Ying Zheng really such a person?

Xiang Shaolong felt a problem coming on and asked, “What about his mother Zhu Ji?”

Lady Ya replied, “She is a very smart and formidable woman, and is about 30 odd years old now but she doesn’t look that much older than me at all. She’s really a rare beauty and Zhao Mu and her already started a relationship long ago. However I think she’s only with Zhao Mu for survival. This woman is extremely ambitious and will never be loyal to anyone, including Lu Buwei.”

Xiang Shaolong had an idea and said, “This would be much easier, I will work on this woman.”

He secretly thought that as long as she is ambitious, she will not be satisfied staying in Handan as a hostage, then he will have a chance.

He won’t even mind if he has to sacrifice his body a little.

In order to strike against Zhao Mu, he is willing to use any methods available.

When he returned to the Wu residence and just after lunch, Lady Ya’s family warrior arrived to look for him, telling him to go to her residence immediately with the specific instructions not to bring Wu Tingfang along.

Xiang Shaolong felt goose bumps rising, and was totally perplexed. After bidding his farewell to Wu Tingfang and Ting Fangshi, he hurried to her residence with with Teng Yi and Jing Jun.

Zhao Ya stopped them in the main hall and with a somber expression, said, “Empress Jing is here.” She continued with gritted teeth, “That conniving thief Zhao Mu really will not let you off even a little.”

Xiang Shaolong’s heart sank, “It seems like I will have to enter the palace and seek King Xiaocheng’s forgiveness.” He did not expect that he can’t even delay this for half a day.

Lady Ya said, “The situation may not be that bad yet, Empress Jing wants to see you personally!” She continued with a giggle, “A handsome looking man indeed will have some advantages.”

Xiang Shaolong smiled bitterly and went into the inner hall to meet Empress Jing.

Empress Jing stood in front of the window with her back facing him and after dismissing her maids, said icily, “Xiang Shaolong you’re really bold! Are you not afraid of death? You dare to even despoil 3rd Princess’s virginal body!”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought that he has to put on a convincing act so he knelt down and said, “Shaolong is true towards Princess, and has no intention of toying with her. I hope Empress Jing will try to understand what happened.”

Empress Jing turned around, her eyes furious but her expression cold as ice as she said, “I don’t care if you’re really in love. If his Majesty were to find out, he will surely think that you brought 3rd Princess back to Handan because of your own selfish desires. Besides, stealing what you’re supposed to protect is akin to the crime of lying to the ruler, even his Majesty won’t be able to find an excuse to let you off. It seems that even now you do not realize how serious this is, and to think that I thought so well of you.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought that something is not right. Looking at her expression and tone of voice, it’s nothing as simple as blackmailing him with this matter to have an affair with her. He has really underestimated her. He remembered Lady Pingyuan once said hers is one of the political marriages arranged for the unification of the 3 states, and she was a Han beauty who married into Zhao. He suddenly had an idea and immediately said, “Shaolong knows he’s made a mistake, Empress Jing save me!”

Empress Jing’s icy façade softened a little and she sighed, “Xiang Shaolong! Stand up!”

Xiang Shaolong stood up and stayed there, not moving.

Empress Jing turned around again, looking at the wintry forest outside the window and said slowly, “What should I do about this? If I hide it for you, it will be found out sooner or later and by then even I will be implicated. If the Weis were to immediately come and bring 3rd Princess back, what do you think will be the outcome?”

Xiang Shaolong emboldened himself and walked to Empress Jing’s back, saying gently, “Don’t worry Empress Jing, the King of Wei already had the intention of going back on the agreement. Besides Zhao Mu will try to disrupt this as well so this wedding agreement will certainly drag on. After 6 months to a year, even if 3rd Princess is going to marry, Empress Jing can just push all the blame away.”

The Empress was silent for a moment before saying quietly, “I’m risking my life to hide this secret for the both of you, so how will it benefit me?”

Xiang Shaolong thought that here comes the chance and said determinedly, “If Empress Jing were to have any instructions, Xiang Shaolong will go through hell and fire, risking my life to accomplish it for you.”

Empress Jing still have not turned around but she said calmly, “Then kill a person for me!”

Xiang Shaolong moved closer, his body pressing against her back as his arms reached out to encircle her tiny waist tightly and nibbling at her ear, asked “Is Zhao Mu the person Empress Jing want to kill?”

Empress Jing’s delicate body trembled as she leaned into his arms, “Dueling with a smart person like you really saves a lot of time talking. As long as Zhao Mu remains alive, there is no hope at all for the state of Zhao and my position as Empress is just an empty title, do you understand?”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “I understand! There’s another person, right?”

The other person would naturally be King Xiaocheng because once Zhao Mu and King Xiaocheng are killed, Empress Jing’s son will ascend the throne and Empress Jing’s status will raise to become the Dowager. Since her son is still young, power will naturally land in her hands. Who will care by that time whether Zhao Qian is still a virgin or not?

In order to gain power, people in this era are all vicious. Wives killing husbands, sons killing fathers, everything is done in the extreme.

Although Empress Jing’s body softened with his hug, her mind was still sharp and she said quietly, “You are the one who said it, the person I want to deal with is only Zhao Mu. Ai! It’s not that his Majesty does not want to give you opportunities, but you’re now part of the Wu family and Wu Yingyuan is secretly on close relations with the Qins, so sooner or later they’ll get into trouble and have the whole clan exterminated. But if you get rid of Zhao Mu, maybe I can protect you, or maybe even give you better opportunities.”

Xiang Shaolong turned her body around, hugging her closely to his body. How can Empress Jing stand all these, her face blushed like fire, her breathing rapid, lust filling her.

Xiang Shaolong kissed her heavily on her lips, his hands greedily investigating the restricted areas.

Firstly it’s because of her high and regal status, secondly it’s because her body is voluptuous and alluring, thirdly it’s because of her flirtatious behavior after her passion was flamed, which made Xiang Shaolong turn reel into real, and enjoy to his heart’s content.

Empress Jing used all her willpower and remaining strength to grab his disobedient hands, left his attacking lips and panted coquettishly as she said, “I never say what I don’t mean. Within 3 days, I want you to give me a satisfactory proposal, all right?”

The last sentence was filled with soft pleading, as if she has developed feelings for Xiang Shaolong.

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought that this woman is so formidable she resembles Lady Pingyuan a little. He has to show her how beneficial he is to her, only then can they work happily together. He kissed her face and said, “There’s no need for 3 days, I can give you an answer now.”

Last edited by Jean; 05-29-08 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    He won’t even mind if he has to sacrifice his body a little.
    coming from someone that beds like 95% of the female characters...

thanks a bunch for entertaining me, jean.

Thank you so much Jean

And thank you people who replied to my serious question. I don't think I'll have the answer to this though since it must be instinctive rather than logical/emotional.

Thanks Jean. Great update as always.

五马分尸 with Mu. or 浸猪笼 with Mu

Is Empress Jing the mother of Zhao Qian? If so, um.. he seems to be bending social norm rules by seducing both mother and daughter...