Page 58 of 321 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues View Post
    Is Empress Jing the mother of Zhao Qian? If so, um.. he seems to be bending social norm rules by seducing both mother and daughter...
    No, Empress Jing is not Zhao Qian's mother. In book In book 3 (don't remember which chapter), Zhao Qian tells Xiang Xiaolong that her mother killed herself after seeing the Emperor and Zhao Mu.
    Last edited by Eagle; 06-01-08 at 04:56 AM.

end of chapter....

He paused and continued, “To deal with Zhao Mu, there’s only 2 ways, by wit or strength. By strength, the plan is naturally to assassinate him; by wit we will check out his background and then lay a trap for him. From what I guess, he must be a sspy sent by another state to try and bring down our Great Zhao’s political situation from the inside. Or else if he has any love at all for Zhao, he wouldn’t have done what he has been doing.”

Empress Jing’s eyes lighted up and looked at him intently, “You’re not simple at all. But remember you’ll have to be swift and vicious when dealing with Zhao Mu, or else you will end up falling in his trap instead and you’ll never be able to pick yourself up again.”

A strong hatred gleamed in Xiang Shaolong’s eyes as he said through gritted teeth, “Just the tragic death of Lady Ni is enough to make us stand on opposing ends, so Empress Jing need not worry.”

Empress Jing voluntarily kissed him and said, “Shaolong! I have to go. Remember you must not look for me as you will, I will make contact with you instead.”

Even after she disappeared around the door, Xiang Shaolong still did not feel relieved at all. On seeing that this woman did not ask to have immediate fun with him, he knows that she can readily control her lusts. This type of woman is the most fearsome and anytime she can turn around and point the gun at him while he is only a useful tool in her hand!

Xiang Shaolong hugged Zhao Qian tightly and reassured her, “Everything’s fine now!”

Zhao Qian asked worriedly, “I really do not need to fear anything? If Qian’er has caused you trouble, I can only…”

Xiang Shaolong reached out and covered her tiny mouth, and told Zhao Ya, “You must keep a good watch over Zhao Qian. I will send Jing Jun to lead a few good fighters to pretend to be your family warriors. If it comes to the critical juncture we will be forced to strike.”

Lady Ya said, “Please don’t do that! In Handan I still have enough power to protect myself and Qian’er. Besides Imperial brother holds me in very high regard now.”

She then pulled Xiang Shaolong aside and said quietly, “You asked me to check on that attendant who brought Zhao Mu in, and there’s now some headway. According to an old palace maid, that attendant called He Dan is from the state of Chu and was doted on and trusted by the late King. But what is the use of this news?”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “Right now I don’t know of what use it can be. But Zhao Mu may possibly be a spy sent by the Chus, and his task is to ensure that the 3 states will never be unified.”

Lady Ya nodded and said, “This guess is very reasonable, and also explains why Zhao Mu is linked with Xiao Weimou. Because what Zhao Mu represents is the common benefits for Chu and Qi, both do not want to see the unification of the 3 states.”

Xiang Shaolong furrowed his brows as he thought, “But even if we know this, for now it’s difficult to use this information to deal a blow to Zhao Mu.”

Lady Ya laughed, “Leave this to me, don’t forget I’m an expert in forgery. As long as I have a little information, I will be able to forge secret letters from the Chus to Zhao Mu. And even more delicately make it land in Imperial brother’s hands while Empress Jing and I will fan the flames at the side. Zhao Mu will be in for a hard time then.”

Xiang Shaolong happily hugged and kissed her a few times, “I will ask Tao Fang to keep an eye on any Chus who comes into contact with Zhao Mu, if we can find real proof, that would be ideal.”

After having some fun with Lady Ya and Zhao Qian, Xiang Shaolong returned to the Wu family stockade and he had just stepped through the door when the guards told him, “The Juzi Mister Yan Ping came to look for you, Eldest Young Master is now attending to him.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought that something is wrong, so he braced himself and went to Wu Yingyuan’s residence to meet him.

Wu Yingyuan saw that he has returned and made an excuse to leave, leaving the 2 of them sitting opposite each other in the hall.

Yan Ping said with a wooden expression, “Brother Xiang has shown off your capabilities in Wei, making everyone look at you differently, but it has also thrown you into a dangerous situation. I’m sure Brother Xiang knows about it!”

Xiang Shaolong was a little impressed by his straightforwardness and honesty, but because of Yuan Zong’s matter, it’s difficult for him to work with this person. He sighed and said, “Only idiots will not stir up feelings of jealousy, this is unavoidable.”

Yan Ping repeated the phrase ‘Only idiots will not stir up feelings of jealousy’ twice and was impressed, “Brother Xiang’s words are indeed profound, my apologies!” His eyes then turned sharp as he stared at him and said, “No wonder Yuan Zong is willing to hand you the Juzi token.”

Xiang Shaolong thought to himself, naturally it must be Zhao Mu who told the Chus. From this he can deduce that Zhao Mu indeed has close connections with the Chus, that’s why the Chus can get hold of the latest news.

Yan Ping said, “This Juzi token is of no use at all to outsiders, and will cause trouble instead. If Brother Xiang can give it to me, I will surely repay you.”

Xiang Shaolong really had this urge to just give the Juzi token to him to avoid adding more trouble in future. But Yuan Zong would rather die than hand the token to Yan Ping, and he must have his reason for doing so. Yuan Zong also sacrificed himself so that he can escape to Handan safely so no matter what he cannot let him down. So although by doing so it will only be beneficial to him, he still persevered.

He smiled and said, “Even if the Juzi token is not on Brother Yuan, maybe he hid it or maybe he gave it to someone else, why are you so sure the token is with me?”

Yan Ping replied unhappily, “That means Brother Xiang is refusing to hand the token over. This is such an unintelligent move, now there are many people in Handan who wants to see Brother Xiang dead and if I help them, would Brother Xiang be able to handle it?”

Xiang Shaolong laughed icily, “You should be responsible for Brother Yuan’s death, I have not settled this score with you and yet you dare to threaten me.”

Yan Ping stood up suddenly and said calmly, “Fine! Xiang Shaolong! You’re brave. If you can reach the Guo residence safely tonight, then let me try you out on your Mohist swordplay!”

He laughed loudly thrice and left like the wind.

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought that others have threatened him since he was young so he’s not afraid of such threats at all. He left to look for Teng Yi and Wu Zhuo.

Fight Fight Fight!! hehe

Cant wait to see Yan Ping get owned! hopefully an interesting fight!!

Thanks Jean )

Thanks Jean. Great update.

Why don't XSL ask whats the deal with this Juzi token so he can use th info against those who wants it? This is like some ancient guys holding a gun, but don't know what it is. Yet, thousands of people are after it. But, if he knows how to use the gun, he can use it to protect himself.

Crazy, or is it just me??
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Quote Originally Posted by gqonmars2 View Post
    Why don't XSL ask whats the deal with this Juzi token so he can use th info against those who wants it?
    If you were Yan Ping, would you tell your enemy the secret to the Juzi token so he can use it against you? Yan Ping will either lie or refuse to reveal the secret.

I'm also anticipating the fight!

to continue....

Book 4 Chap 11 – The 3 major killer strikes

Yuan Zong is really dead! A wave of sadness coursed through Xiang Shaolong. He thought of his desolate times in Wu An, Yuan Zong not only provided him with food and lodging, but also taught him Mohist Swordplay. Those 3 months he spent with him gave him the ability to survive in this messy time, he’s really indebted to him. If he did not know that Yan Ping caused the death of Yuan Zong, he would not have made enemies with this Juzi from Zhao Mohism. Although he gained a few hundred more fearsome opponents because of this, his heart is still glad.

He laid on a bed and enjoyed the after bath massage given to him by Chunying and the other 3 maids, trying to relax himself so that he can deal with the continuous battles tonight. This is a lawless world where the strong will survive. Or else he would have made a police report and request for bodyguards. He toyed with the square token with the single word ‘Mo’ in his hand, the Juzi Token, and felt it’s strange icyness.

Those traitorous Mohists Yan Ping and Fu Du, why are they going to all lengths to get this token? The 2 issues of Yuan Zong not having the Juzi token on him and the night attack at Prince Xinling’s residence by the Chu Mohism, it must be because that conniving thief Zhao Mu who informed Yan Ping so that he can come cause trouble with him. This person is really extremely vicious, just a few words from him is enough to throw him into danger. He studied the token in his hand closely.

When he read martial arts novel in the 21st century, they always wrote that whatever token, as long as it’s in one’s hands, that person will have ultimate power over a sect or group of people and can command them. But obviously this Juzi token has no such power or Yuan Zong can always hold it up and there’ll be no need to run for his life. Therefore this Juzi token must have some other more substantial value, and not something so simple as a symbol of the Juzi status.

But if that’s the case, why didn’t Yuan Zong tell him. Or could it be he has not found out the secret himself, so he did not reveal it since he’s doubtful as well? At this time Wu Tingfang and Ting Fangshi walked laughingly towards the pool and sat down next to him. 2 more pairs of delicate hands joined to massage his muscles. He was so comfortable he closed his eyes, but his fingers were still rubbing the Juzi token.

When he touched that word ‘Mo’, the 2 upper dots of the character seemed to have undiscernibly rotated a little and he opened his eyes to take a closer look in shock. He used his thumb to rub harder but the 2 protruding dots did not move at all. He quietly sighed and was about to give up when he suddenly thought that if it’s so easy to find out the secret to the Juzi token, Yuan Zong would have found it long ago. So he concentrated on his study again.

Wu Tingfang was laughing at that side, “Xiang Lang! What treasure is this, you’re looking at it more intently than when you look at us!” While Ting Fangshi commented, “That thing is so exquisite!” Xiang Shaolong just replied with a smile and used his fingertips to push hard on that 2 round dots but there is still not reaction at all.

Wu Tingfang was feeling mischievous so she leaned over and gently bit his ear and pulled it. Xiang Shaolong was so comfortable he moaned and was about to put the Juzi token and deal with her when he suddenly had an idea. If pushing it down is useless, what about pulling it up? So he instructed Chunying to get him a small plier, pinched one of the round dots and pulled up with his might. There was a ‘tak’ sound and the round dot rose up almost half an inch from the token. Xiang Shaolong was immediately energized and sat up.

The women all crowed around him in puzzlement and all of them joined in to study the token in his hand. Xiang Shaolong pulled up the other dot and now it looks as if there are 2 round pillars protruding on the ‘Mo’ word. He can’t help but feel nervous and tried to turn the little pillar clockwise and it really turned, making another sound which sounded like a lock being opened. The women all tittered in amazement.

Wu Tingfang grabbed his arms and said, “Something is hidden inside, Xiang Lang, turn the other one quickly.” Xiang Shaolong took a deep breath, suppressed his nervous feeling and turned the other tiny pillar. He tried but it did not move. However, when he turned it anti-clockwise, something strange happened. There was a ‘tak’ sound and the Juzi token separated, revealing a tiny rolled brocade parchment of about 5 inches inside. The women cheered. Xiang Shaolong was utterly shocked and knows that he finally found the secret to this Juzi token by sheer luck.

He opened the tiny scroll on the bed, and it’s about 20 feet long, filled tightly with diagrams and tiny words. The first half is the upper volume ‘Mohism Military Tactics’, the lower volume on the second half are all sword strokes. At the beginning of the scroll it’s written ‘Mohist Swordplay’s addendum of the 3 major killer strikes’. Xiang Shaolong was extremely interested and upon a closer read, he was secretly ecstatic. It turns out that these 3 major killer strikes are all offensive sword moves, a great contradict to the idea of mainly defense in the Mohist swordplay. He wonders if it’s because Mo Yu had a change of heart in his later years and created these 3 offensive moves to supplement the inadequacies of the swordplay.

Although it’s named 3 strikes, but each strike there are at least a hundred odd diagrams, so obviously it’s an extremely complicated move. The most intricate thing is these 3 stokes are all related to defense, so it can be used seamlessly with the Mohist Swordplay Yuan Zong taught him.

The first stroke is named ‘Defending instead of attacking’. Those lifelike human drawings were drawn sitting, walking, holding swords, jumping and rolling, and in all kinds of positions. Each picture is accompanied by detailed instructions and ways of using it. Each word is marvelously written and clear, making one feel extreme awe for this person Mo Yu’s intelligence.

The second stroke is named ‘Attacking instead of defending’. If the first stroke is akin to stability like the mountains, this second stroke is like shocking waves that can split the shores, with unfathomable strength. Just these 2 strokes alone is enough to contain the essence of attacking and defending in swordplay. When matched with the Mohist swordplay, the power in increased many fold.

The third stroke is named ‘Attacking and defending concurrently’, its changes are even more complex but it’s not the merger of the other 2 strokes, but an extremely mysterious swordplay. Not only are there defenses in the attacks, there are also attacks in the defenses, and the most formidable part is that it is ever changing, at anytime it can change from attack to defense or vice versa, making Xiang Shaolong totally inebriated while looking at it.

me me me!!! i want the manual!!!!! haha

Thanks Jean :-D

hehehe...now XSL got real wuxia thing!

Woohoo! Tonight there will be a new Mohist swordplay in town.

Thank you so much Jean

Thanks Jean for the update.

nice!

and this is the end of the chapter and book 4!

For now there’s no need for him to study the military tactics in the scroll, so he picked up his wooden sword and went to the courtyard, concentrating on studying and practicing these 3 sword strokes. The women all sat in the small pavilion in the courtyard, looking at their beloved concentrating as he danced with his sword.

Xiang Shaolong read as he practiced and initially he had to stop and read frequently but when he got used to the moves, every move he made, whether cutting, slashing, piercing or carving, all of it contained the essence of the swordplay. Unconsciously he was absorbed into the mysterious swordplay and forgot about everything else. Such wondrous feeling, it’s the first time he tasted it ever since he learnt swordplay from Yuan Zong. The wooden sword seems to suddenly feel so light as he moved according to instructions, making sounds as it sliced thru the air, becoming the howl of a hero, increasing the formidable aura enough to make others afraid.

He combined it with the original Mohist swordplay and practiced again and for a moment the sword aura was everywhere, at times quiet and at times moving. When quiet it feels like the calm sea, but when moving it feels like angry waves, the changes unfathomable. The women were all intoxicated by the sight, only feeling that Xiang Shaolong’s every pose is extremely exquisite, every move showing the extreme capability of a human body, both quiet and exciting, forming into an earth shattering aura.

Time flies, and it was only when Teng Yi, Jing Jun and Wu Zhuo came to look for him that Xiang Shaolong realized that he has unconsciously practiced swordplay for 6 hours. For someone who has never learned Mohist swordplay, he may not even gain any headway with these 3 strokes even after practicing for 3 years but for Xiang Shaolong, 6 hours is enough for him to learn a lot and change into a new person. Xiang Shaolong did not feel tired at all.

He was curious, the strange breathing method of Mo Yu must be related to the mysterious innate ability in humans. If in future he can follow his method of meditation and practice his breathing, the effect may be even more miraculous and he may very well become a martial arts expert like those portrayed in martial arts novels, having mysterious internal energy. After he hurriedly washed up, he went to the hall to meet with Wu Zhuo and the rest.

Teng Yi looked at him in surprise, “Brother Xiang looks energized, like you’ve changed into another person, has something worth congratulating happened.” Wu Zhuo added, “Young Grand Master-in-law’s are sharper than before, it’s really astonishing!” Xiang Shaolong was secretly ecstatic but he changed the topic and said, “How many men can be used right now?”

Wu Zhuo replied, “We have enough men, it’s no problem moving 500 to 600 of them but once we do that, we will reveal the real strength we have and in the long term it’s more harmful than beneficial.” Xiang Shaolong was extremely confident, “Why not just the 4 of us, together with 10 elite fighters you pick, and we’ll try it out!” The 3 of them were collectively startled, isn’t this obvious who will be stronger or weaker?

Xiang Shaolong continued, “If we were to fight head on, we’ll definitely lose but now our aim is just to safely reach Guo residence, so it’s 2 different matters.” Jing Jun said, “If I’m the only one, I’m very confident that I will slip into the Guo residence unnoticed.” Wu Zhuo suddenly became excited, “To be able to fight together with Young Grand Master-in-law, is indeed the happiest thing. Come! Let us discuss this.” He took out a painting from the front of his chest, and it turns out to be the street map of Handan.

Wu Zhuo pointed at a small hill in the city and said, “The Guo residence is on this hill, there are only 2 proper roads towards there, which leads to the front and back courtyards of the Guo residence. The other areas are either rocky terrain or dense forests.” Teng Yi added, “As long as we can reach the hill, with the rocks and dense forests as cover, we need not fear them using arrows or long distance projectiles, nor need we fear their bigger numbers.”

Wu Zhuo said, “The problem is that they will certainly send men to keep an eye on us, then they will be able to choose any point in the mile long journey to attack and kill us.” Xiang Shaolong thought hard for a moment before saying, “We can use the tactic of ‘Openly repairing the road while sneaking to Chen Cang’*…

*An idiom from the Chu-Han contention
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu-Han_contention

Looking at them looking at him in bewilderment, he remembered that the story of Chen Cang happened during the Chu-Han contention, so naturally they have never heard of it. He hurriedly changed his words, “Wu Zhuo you can send out 3 horse carriages at the same time, traveling towards 3 different directions. Those Mohists will certainly have to go after all the carriages and by the time they realize there’s no one in the carriages, their strength is already divided. Only then will we set off, throwing them into disarray.” The 3 of them thought that this plan is workable on hearing it.

Jing Jun commented, “We can use ropes and hooks to climb over family residences, and those following us will certainly be caught unprepared and not know what to do!” The more they talk the more excited they became, as if they have already won the battle. In the end Xiang Shaolong said, “If I am Yan Ping, I will definitely leave my men at the bottom of the hill where the Guo residence is, by then we can make use of the dense forest and have a good fight with them.”

Teng Yi’s expression changed, “Why don’t Jing Jun and I slip there first and lay some traps, then we’ll be even more confident.” Jing Jun loves making trouble and he jumped up, “No time to lose, there’s still 4 more hours to the feast, we will bring our equipment there immediately and start making traps.” Wu Zhuo stood up and said excitedly, “What do you need, I can provide everything.”

After the 3 of them left, Xiang Shaolong went back to his bedroom and took out his equipment and the belt filled with his flying needles and secured them around his body before kissing his wives and maids farewell and hurrying to meet with Wu Zhuo. On the way he saw a very happy looking Tao Fang. Tao Fang pulled him aside and said, “We’re really lucky, we found out about a mysterious person who just happened to meet Zhao Mu today and from his accent he’s definitely a Chu.”

Xiang Shaolong asked happily, “Has he been captured?” Tao Fang replied, “He’s still in the city. If we try to capture him we may alert the others. According to our spy’s investigations, he booked the room at the inn until tomorrow morning. As soon as he steps out of Handan, we’ll capture him alive and imprison him at our pasture. I don’t believe his mouth can be as stubborn as our torture equipment.” Xiang Shaolong put his arms around Tao Fang’s shoulders and chortled as they walked out, “If we can get proof of that conniving thief’s nefarious schemes, we’ll make sure he’ll get his just desserts.”

At this time the 2 of them reached the large open space behind the main door where Wu Zhuo has prepared 3 horse carriages and was waiting for his instructions. Tao Fang asked quizzically, “There’s only one of you, why do you need 3 horse carriages?”

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “The 3 horse carriages are all not for me, but a gift to that short lived Yan Ping!” As he chortled, he let go of Tao Fang and left.

thanks jean.

i just logged in to see if there was update! and yay!! hehe

Thumbs up

same here!!! lots of luck finding incredible updates from the ever reliable storyteller-translator..

thanks JEAN!

A chance to finally avenge Yuan Zong's death
    Hope all goes well. Another fight ahead and I sense those darn cliffhangers will pop up again.

Thanks for all the hard work, Jean. Just remember not to tease us too much.

Thank you Jean. Great update.

I am thinking that something will go wrong, its been too quiet. Its an excellent build up to what will happen. I can't wait.

new chapter!

Book 5 Chap 1 – The dinner feast at Guo residence

Tiny snowflakes filled the sky, the weather bitterly cold. Luckily there were no gusts of wind or it’ll feel even more terrible.

Wu Zhuo, Xiang Shaolong and over 10 odd men on horses left the residence hurriedly, all of them were wearing bamboo hats that covered most of their faces. Once they reached the streets they split ways immediately, 2 to a group, all traveling towards different directions. Firstly it’s the 3 horse carriages, now there is this move to trick the enemy. Even if Yan Ping’s 300 men are all waiting outside the residence, it’s difficult for them to follow so many ‘suspicious characters’ at the same time. Besides who can be certain whether Xiang Shaolong is one of them.

This move is to force Yan Ping’s Mohist warriors to retreat to the Guo’s residence where the dense forest and the road leading up the hill is. Xiang Shaolong and Wu Zhuo traveled a well planned route and swiftly left the forested area outside the Wu residence and arrived at the side of the main road where other common residences are. They did not travel towards the Guo residence but instead turned left in the opposite direction in spite of the snow. They did not care if they were being followed and when they reached the front of a large house, they gave the secret signal.

The door to the house immediately opened. The owner of this big house is someone who has strong relations with the Wu residence and naturally he was glad to assist them. The 2 of them did not say anything at all but just entered the house and went to the back alley from the building’s backdoor. Only then did they hurriedly ride towards Xiuyue Hill where the Guo residence is situated. It was Wu Zhuo who arranged all these so that even if they were being followed, they can still beautifully shake off the other party.

The snow hit their faces and Xiang Shaolong suddenly felt lost. Although it’s only been a few short years since he arrived in this ancient era, but he has experienced many heart-rending tragedies. Shu’er and Su Nu’s unjust deaths have given him a huge blow! But Zhao Ni’s horrible death is something that he cannot accept even now! But it’s another cruel and heartless fact!

Suddenly, these 3 blossoming beauties will forever disappear from this world and even if he killed Zhao Mu and Prince Shaoyuan, this fact will never change. Now his great benefactor Yuan Zong is confirmed to be dead as well. Hai! What is all these for?

He can be killed at any time as well, and will that be a form of release? Will there be a chance to see them again after he’s dead. Ever since the beginning of life, the question of life and death have always troubled humans. Is it only a short journey where one throws oneself into, and a person’s existence will not stop when he dies. No one has ever been able to answer or prove this question. A religion’s answer where heaven and hell, or anything outside life and death, may very well just be an optimistic wish. But it’s something that one cannot do without, if there is only emptiness after death, it’s a situation which is very difficult to accept.

Wu Zhuo who was riding next to him called out, “Young Grand Master-in-law! Xiuyue hill is right ahead.” Xiang Shaolong was woken from his reverie and gathered his thoughts, looking ahead. By now they have left the residential areas and come to the foot of the hill. There’s only one road which leads straight to the top of the hill and at the top ancient trees made up a forest and he could catch peeps of the huge building through the trees, looking extremely majestic. However there are no traces of men in ambush and there’s an archway at the foot of the hill, written on it are the words ‘Guo Family Residence’ but there are no guards there at all.

The 2 of them turned to the woods at the side of the road and dismounted where Teng and Jing have left markings of the secret signal. The trees and grass were all covered by white snow and the scene looked pure and alluring but it’s not advantageous for hiding or escape at all. Wu Zhuo found another carved signal at the foot of another tree and made a hand signal towards Xiang Shaolong first before going into the woods.

Xiang Shaolong put the Mohist sword in the brocade cloth Zhao Qian made for him and strapped it on his back and with his left hand holding his recovered Flying Rainbow, went after Wu Zhuo. Suddenly men and light appeared and surrounded them quietly. Wu Zhuo drew the 2 metal bars from his back and with a roar charged towards the front suddenly, not allowing the enemy to get a better feel of the surrounding area and strengthen their encirclement.

Xiang Shaolong was still feeling upset about the death of his beloved beauties and Yuan Zong, so he was filled with fury as he pulled out his wooden sword and held it on his right hand as he followed behind and killed a path towards the woods. Their opponents did not expect them to be so ferocious. Of the 2 Zhao Mohists who were blocking Wu Zhuo, one of them took a step back in frenzy while the other came charging with his long sword.

There was a ‘clang’ as the weapons clashed and sparks flew in the darkness. Wu Zhuo took advantage of the fact that his opponent’s arm strength is not as good as his so he flicked the long sword away, creating an opening at his enemy’s front and made a false move as if to attack another person but the metal bar in his left hand turned back and struck the opening as quick as lightning. That person is quite formidable as well, he moved his sword back to defend and blocked the metal bar but he forgot about the other metal bar on Wu Zhuo’s right hand. He only saw a flash while Wu Zhuo bent his waist as the metal bar struck upwards into his opponent’s stomach.

That Mohist did not expect the angle of Wu Zhuo’s attack to be so precise and with a scream, staggered backwards as fresh blood spilled on the snow and he died immediately. Wu Zhuo did not stop at all as his 2 metal bars seem to transform into 2 rays of light as he charged forward towards the other Mohist. The battle has finally started.

At least it's not friday.

Talking

thanks jean... i know you're reserving the cliffhanger for a friday...but oh well, whatever ... i just love these fightscenes ... you oh so translate so well and stop at the right places...

you're great!!!

Thanks Jean.

What happen to the rest of XSL's men. I thought they were close and made the markings so XSL can find them..

Time for more blood.

Right at the beginning of the fight scene!!!!!! This cliffhanger tradition is really something!

The fight scenes are really good - descriptive and kinetic

Thank you so much Jean

really nice descriptive fight scenes.

i enjoy reading it very much.

Thanks Jean =)