Page 6 of 321 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

This series is just getting started. It'll getting better and better. Jean, you have a long way ahead of you .

When I first watched the TVB series I thought it was very good and I enjoyed it a lot. But later on when I read this series I just want to throw the TVB series in the trash. They cut a lot of stuff and combined two or three characters into one.
    If you're keep reading, later on you will see one of XSL's love interest is one of the most beloved character in waxia series.

haha since he's a newbie it was probably unintentional...please don't post spoilers in the future to ruin it for the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by efflix View Post
    haha since he's a newbie it was probably unintentional...please don't post spoilers in the future to ruin it for the rest of us!
    Well you're right. I don't know the spoiler tag to use to enclose that part. I just want to answer the questions to the above posters, and thought it wasn't a big deal of a spoiler since I didn't say who's he's ending up with.

I am not intending to ruin anything here.

Default awesome story

I can't wait for the rest of this novel. It's definitely not the average wuxia story!

Quote Originally Posted by Enishi View Post
    Well you're right. I don't know the spoiler tag to use to enclose that part. I just want to answer the questions to the above posters, and thought it wasn't a big deal of a spoiler since I didn't say who's he's ending up with.

I am not intending to ruin anything here.
    You might want to go back and edit your previous post then--here's how you do it:
    [ SPOILER ] text [ / SPOILER ]
    (remove the spaces)

End of chapter....

Compared to Wu An, Handan is at least 3 to 4 times bigger, the river protecting the city is wide and deep, with tall and thick city walls, and it has the power to withhold ten thousand men with just one man. There were 2 camps of Zhao soldiers outside the city, extending to a fair distance, with a sea of banners, the scene enough to strike fear in anyone. Outside the tower, it was filled with sentries, with their swords drawn and the atmosphere tense.

Before they went into the city, a group of riders rushed out, and the person leading them is Tao Fang, whom he has not seen for a long time. The remaining were all his comrades who went through life and death with him, with Li Shan being one of them.

When they met, naturally there was surprise all around, and Tao Fang and the warriors went into the city with him happily.

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but asked, “Is Ting Fangshi well?”

Tao Fang’s expression turned somber, and he said apologetically, “I’m sorry! I thought that Shaolong has died at the hands of those thieves, and after waiting for 3 months, I followed the Master’s order and gave her to someone to become a courtesan dancer.” He continued with a smile, “But don’t you worry, I’ll specially choose another 2 beauties who are prettier than her to serve you.”

Xiang Shaolong felt as if he was punched in the chest, and he turned pale. It was only a moment later that he was able to ask, “Who was she given to?”

Tao Fang was secretly startled, he did not imagine that such a handsome and flirtatious man like him would actually have feelings for a bought woman. He sighed, “Sorry, I can’t tell you, Shaolong…”

Xiang Shaolong said furiously, “Don’t say further, if it has not been proven that I’m dead, you should not have given her away.”

Tao Fang hid his feelings well, there was no trace of unhappiness at all and said, “Shaolong, go and have a rest and a bath first, I’ll help you think of a way. The Master will come and see you personally tomorrow. This is the greatest honor the warriors in our household can have, so don’t miss the opportunity.”

Xiang Shaolong’s excitement was totally extinguished, and just roamed around the streets like a walking corpse, not interested in the grand buildings surrounding him at all. His mood was at the lowest point.

Without his protection, will this pitiful woman land from the hands of one devil to another?!

Is she being defiled right now by some other men.

Just as he was feeling despondent, Tao Fang gave him a push, telling him to stand to the side with them.

Xiang Shaolong was slightly awaken, and looking up the street, he saw the pedestrians and horse carriages all moving to one side, letting a grand looking horse carriage protected by 20 odd riders move past.

Tao Fang said into his ears, “This is the carriage of King Xiaocheng’s sister, Lady Ya. She is a famous beauty in Handan, and married to Zhao Gua but a pity he died in the battle of Chang Ping.”

The carriage slowed down, and suddenly stopped in front of them.

Just as everyone was still startled, a soldier rode over and invited Tao Fang over. Tao Fang was surprised and hurriedly came down from his horse and walked over to the lowered carriage curtain. After talking with Lady Ya, the horse carriage moved away. Tao Fang bowed as he sent them off before returning to his men. He smiled mysteriously at Xiang Shaolong, but did not reveal the contents of their conversation.

Xiang Shaolong reached the guesthouse and stayed in a solitary house. Tao Fang especially sent 4 pretty maids to help him bath and change. That night, he set up a feast with 21 tables at the great hall in the main building of the guesthouse and besides the warriors who fought with him that day, there were Master Wu’s other capable assistants as well. There were dances and performances to entertain the guests and the atmosphere was celebratory.

But Xiang Shaolong thought of Ting Fangshi and Mei Canniang whom he has not met for a long time, and remembered the friends and family from his own era whom he may never meet again, and can only drown his sorrow in drinks. He was absolutely drunk and totally concussed even before the feast ended. In his daze, he seems to feel that Ting Fangshi has returned to him, and together they soared among the clouds.

When he woke up, he was lying on the carpet in the bedroom, the sunlight shining in from the window.

Sleeping next to him was a naked beauty, but she’s not one of the 4 pretty maids.

There’s not a flaw at all on her exquisite face, with distinctive outlines, and unbelievably sweet. She’s definitely younger than 18, her black lustrous hair spread onto the blanket, in contrast to her fair skin and ruby lips, and her snow white arms really tugs at one’s heart.

The beauty looked like a flower sleeping in spring, there seems to be tears on her pretty face, but she’s also filled with the peace and satisfaction after a violent thunderstorm, emanating a soul-capturing brilliance.

Xiang Shaolong secretly exclaimed ‘oh my god’, what has he done to this young girl who is even prettier than Ting Fangshi and Mei Canniang?

He can’t help but quietly lift the blanket higher.

The gleaming hair of youth, a body perfectly proportionate, the beautiful scenery of breathing peaks appeared before his eyes. It seems that there were some remnants of a red stain beneath the tender and smooth long legs with the beautifully rounded buttock.

Xiang Shaolong was shocked and put the blanket back.

The tears on her face must be related to this. He was drunk and muddleheaded last night, and has not touched a woman for almost half a year and actually mistook her for Ting Fangshi and was reckless with her. How can an inexperienced and tender young girl take it, no wonder she cried from the pain. He felt very apologetic, but it’s too late now.

Xiang Shaolong stood up and walked to the window and looked out. He saw 2 of the pretty maids watering the plants in the garden and when they saw Xiang Shaolong, they curtseyed shyly, yet they can’t help stealing glances at his magnificent body.

One of the maids said, “Master is awake, I’ll bring you a wash basin and help you dress up immediately.”

Behind him he heard the soft moan of the beauty who was shocked awake.

Xiang Shaolong hurriedly told the two maids, “Hold on!”

The pretty maid was understanding and she covered her smiling mouth and said, “If Master would like me to serve you, please call me anytime. Heh! My name is Chunying, her name is Xiaying, the other 2 are Qiuying and Dongying. It’s so easy to remember, I guess Master won’t forget!”

Xiang Shaolong was concerned with the beauty behind him, so he smiled and said, “Once I see the two of you, I won’t forget for the rest of my life.” And he turned around.

The beauty whose chastity was just taken by him sat up, the blanket sliding down to her waist, revealing her firm upper body. She lowered her head shyly, not daring to look at his face, and in a sweet and melodious voice said, “Shu’er pays her respects to Master!”

Xiang Shaolong felt sorry for her and sat next to her. He held her petite chin with his hand and lifted her pretty face.

Her large and lively eyes immediately lowered once they came into contact with his gaze, her heart beating like a running deer. They way she looked, shy yet happy, the allure of a young girl, is indeed dazzling to the eyes and takes one’s senses away.

Without hesitation, Xiang Shaolong is sure that she is the most attractive woman he has ever encountered, and was secretly thinking that Tao Fang is really formidable to give such a pretty girl to him so that he will work for him. He asked gently, “Is it still painful?”

Shu’er shook her head, then she nodded her head shyly, her blushing cheeks immediately spread, until her ears and neck were burning as well.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Xiang Shaolong immediately had the most primitive reaction, and Shu’er’s lowered gaze happened to look at it directly and she was so shocked her body shivered, and she stuttered, “Master…”

Xiang Shaolong knows that right now she will certainly be unable to withstand a second storm, so he gently kissed her small lips, lightly nibbling the tip of her tongue, then kissing her eyes and face, followed by her neck and chest. Only when her whole body started trembling did he let her go and said with a smile, “There’s no need to be afraid. I was muddleheaded after drinking last night, but I won’t be so violent in future. Have a good sleep now!”

Shu’er looked at him invitingly and said breathlessly, “No! Shu’er wants to serve Master.”

Xiang Shaolong asked with concern, “Can you stand up?”

Shu’er’s slender hand pressed down on his broad shoulder, thinking of using him as support to kneel up first, but her dainty brows rose and she sat back down again, her cheeks burning.

Xiang Shaolong is used to being flirtatious, and on seeing such alluring movements from her, can’t help but reach out and fondle her chests before laying her back on the carpet and covering her with the blanket. Just as he was about to leave, Shu’er suddenly pulled his hand.

Xiang Shaolong looked at her in surprise.

Shu’er asked shyly, “Does Master still want Shu’er now?”

Xiang Shaolong reached out and caressed her face, saying with a smile, “I only want you to take a good rest now. Tonight I’ll let you become the happiest and luckiest woman in the world.” And he suddenly remembered Ting Fangshi and felt a tightness in his chest.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Shu’er used all her strength to grab hold of him, her gaze meeting with his bravely, and said with feelings, “Last night Shu’er has already become the luckiest and happiest woman. I will never forget that ecstatic pain.”

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but kissed her hardly again, and even reached inside the blankets, delicately touching her lower body and slender legs, making her delirious before he left for the hall.

The 4 maids walked towards him and served him meticulously. The tallest among them, Chunying said, “Master Tao is here, he’s waiting for Master in the hall now.”

Thanks Jean
    Well this novel has just blown away my previous ideas of wuxia novels. hahaa.. All that stuff about Chinese been conservative.. mmmm...

Haha another 'cloudy' end to the chapter... The early works of Huang Yi tends to be more open in this theme as compared to his later works. Confucianism only became the official state religion in Han dynasty.

It's so refreshing to read something beside JY and GL. I can only read English, so I solely depend on translation to read wuxia. I just want to thank Jean for the translation.

As for the story, it is really good so far, even with all the sex scenes going on. I have come to accept them as a part of the story. The main character is actually pretty cool. I know he is lushful and is a flirt, but he actually care for the women he slept with. The scene where he was sad that maid was sold off show much about his character. What he care about is if she is getting mistreated or not. XSL shows he values loyal and treat women with a sense of respect. You can also tell from his encounter with Yuan Zong that he is starting to think about more than just his own personal gain. I can forsee HSL becoming a better person and someone who want to do good for the world. I could be wrong, but I think he will get there.

Hopefully, Jean won't be too alienated by the sex scenes and the XSL's character and stop translating this story. I'm really liking it so far. Thank Jean, for all you have translated so far and hope to read many chapters to come for this story.
    Last edited by LiarLiar; 10-22-07 at 05:51 AM.

and we are back to the sex scenes again LOL

actually, i'm getting use to the R-rated scenes with XSL and have accepted them as part of the story. XSL may not be the most heroic or chivalrous, but nonetheless, quite an interesting character. i hope he does find a way to save Ting Fangshi. afterall, she did wait for him. tis quite sad to be sold off like chattle, but a likely fate for women in that era.

heaps of thanks for keeping this story going, jean. the translation are great! keep up with the wonderful work

btw, it seems like all the women introduced so far are pretty/beautiful. are there any main characters who are normal looking? that would be a refreshing change.

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Hi Jean, this novel is really interesting and thank you for keeping up the updates almost everyday. Really appreciate that. Contrary to some of your posting, I do not think that is how we should perceive our female gender. Women are just objects of lusts and nothing more than posssessions in this book. This story boosts the egos of a lot of males out there but that is a very very dangerous perception of what women should be. I do not think Shiao Lung have the right approach and there is only one word to describe his facination with women and that is lecherous. No I do not think gentlemen should behave the way he does. The women in the story are described as facinated by the main characters physique and are bold and forward, I think is just what men would like to dream about in their relationship with women. Keep it on the surface without any complications and keep it simple and that is purely the male gender's modus operandi as far as females are concern. Relationship with women is much deeper than that and a lot of men would just want to keep it on the surface of physical attraction, thus men tend to be attracted by physical appearance. I just wonder how a woman will write this model or what do you female genders think about the main character in this novel? in

JAJA9, are you doing gender studies or women studies?

'Female genders' sounds so cold and scientific. Like you are talking about a group of animals instead of individuals. 'Ladies' is better. Just 'females' is also better than 'female genders'.

That's just how I feel.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-22-07 at 01:01 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by JAJA9 View Post
    Hi Jean, this novel is really interesting and thank you for keeping up the updates almost everyday. Really appreciate that. Contrary to some of your posting, I do not think that is how we should perceive our female gender. Women are just objects of lusts and nothing more than posssessions in this book. This story boosts the egos of a lot of males out there but that is a very very dangerous perception of what women should be. I do not think Shiao Lung have the right approach and there is only one word to describe his facination with women and that is lecherous. No I do not think gentlemen should behave the way he does. The women in the story are described as facinated by the main characters physique and are bold and forward, I think is just what men would like to dream about in their relationship with women. Keep it on the surface without any complications and keep it simple and that is purely the male gender's modus operandi as far as females are concern. Relationship with women is much deeper than that and a lot of men would just want to keep it on the surface of physical attraction, thus men tend to be attracted by physical appearance. I just wonder how a woman will write this model or what do you female genders think about the main character in this novel? in
    Yes, I must say, this somewhat reads like (may I say this?) Huang Yi's personal wet dream in some ways...

Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    JAJA9, are you doing gender studies or women studies?

'Female genders' sounds so cold and scientific. Like you are talking about a group of animals instead of individuals. 'Ladies' is better. Just 'females' is also better than 'female genders'.

That's just how I feel.
    Re women and gender studies: I think the current orthodoxy adopted by people in gender studies is that sex is biological whereas gender is personal (i.e. you can *choose* your gender identification, but not sex). 'Female genders' doesn't have meaning as far as I can tell, but I see JAJA9's point--most of the women in the novel are thoroughly objectified. Maybe Huang Yi is fantasizing so much because he or his readership is not getting much of the real thing!

to continue.... new chapter

Book 1 Chapter 8 – Master Red Crown

While he was enjoying the earthly pleasures, Xiang Shaolong’s mind was in a turmoil.

When he arrived here, everything felt surreal, like a dream. The era he sees before him has got nothing to do with him at all, so he went all out to enjoy himself without feeling any pressure from the society or the people, because he may suddenly be captured by Crazy Ma’s machine and be sent back to the 21st century.

He’s like a child who does not need to take up any responsibility at all.

But after suffering from injuries and his wanderings, this dreamy world suddenly turned into real flesh and blood.

The martyrdom of Yuan Zong, the sufferings of Ting Fangshi, various setbacks, all threw him deeper and deeper into this world mentally and spiritually.

Although he enjoys beauties and riches now, but he lost his most treasured freedom and independence.

In this warring states period, nothing is more valuable than a talent. One legalist Li Ke and one strategist Wu Qi, is enough to make the state of Wei a strong state immediately. Shang Yang is even more formidable, he single-handedly made the state of Qin the biggest threat to all the states in the east.

And the Xiang Shaolong now, because he stopped an army of almost a thousand ferocious horse thieves with fifty men, has also become a talent.

The various states only has 2 attitudes towards talent, either to keep for their own use, or to kill without mercy to prevent them from being a powerful opponent in future.

Right now Master Wu is trying to bribe Xiang Shaolong, using riches and beauties to make him sink deeper in. Therefore if he were to reveal even a little about his intention to look for Emperor Qin, Ying Zheng, he can be sure that he’ll lose his life immediately.

To try and escape from such heavily guarded city walls is akin to a fool’s dream. If Ying Zheng’s father did not have the help of Lu Buwei, a wealthy trader similar to Master Wu, he can forget about escaping back to the capital of Qin, Xian Yang.

Even if he can find Emperor Qin, there’s no way he can get him out of the city.

Will he have to work for the Zhaos indefinitely? If Master Wu asked him to kill people from other states, what should he do?

Xiang Shaolong sighed and walked towards the hall to see Tao Fang.

Tao Fang was hugging a pretty maid in his arms, his hands roaming over her. He released her when he saw him, and warmly invited him to take a seat and to join in the scrumptious breakfast.

Tao Fang smiled slyly, “Shaolong you don’t know how much the Master likes you. Shu’er is a famed beauty from a noble family in the State of Yan, who was given to Master by the ruler of Yan. It’s obvious that he thinks of you highly since he is willing to give her to you.”

Xiang Shaolong asked in surprise, “Aren’t we at war with the State of Yan?”

Tao Fang was obviously very impressed by his choice of word ‘we’, and said frankly, “If we’re not at war, why would the ruler of Yan be willing to present such a beautiful virgin. It’s precisely because he’s not doing well in the war, so he’s trying to bribe our Master with such a huge gift, hoping that our Master will help put in some good words for him in front of our King. Hei! Now Master has given the Yan beauty to you, so it’s obvious that he will not help speak up for the Yans.”

Xiang Shaolong secretly thought to himself that this is such a complicated situation, and changed the subject to ask about Ting Fangshi.

Tao Fang smiled mysteriously, “I’ve spoken to Master about this, he’ll certainly give you an answer, so don’t worry! As long as you have more accomplishments, the King would even give you his Princess, much less a dancer.”

Xiang Shaolong thought that things are not going well, but he had no choice at all. This feeling of being controlled by others is extremely frustrating.

Tao Fang added, “Now I’ll take you to the Wu’s Mansion to meet Master, don’t accept any invitations from your beloved brothers tonight. There’s someone who wants to meet you, but I cannot reveal to you now who that person is.”

Xiang Shaolong’s heart lurched, and he remembered that Lady Ya who was hiding behind the curtains of the horse carriage.

The Wu’s Mansion was the grandest building north of the city, it might even be more appropriate to call it a castle. Tall and thick walls surround it with a moat going around, and the only entrance is a large drawbridge. There are no residential areas outside the walls, only gardens. The grandeur of the place exceeds even that of nobility.

During the journey there, it was the first time Xiang Shaolong really took notice of the people, the things in the city and the buildings. If not for the obvious fact that there are more women to men, it’s not easily detected that this prosperous city has just experienced war, and was even conquered by the Weis for 2 years.

According to Fang Tao, excluding the soldiers, there are about 100,000 families, each family has between a dozen to a few hundred people. Therefore this huge city has an estimated population of over a million people.

Inside the city there were farms, paddy fields and warehouses, so if they are being besieged, those in the city can still be self sufficient for a long time.

Xiang Shaolong followed Tao Fang and went into a side door past the drawbridge into the Wu’s Mansion huge property.

After they went in the main gate, there was enormous training field large enough for a few thousand people, and an imposing huge mansion was facing the gate at the other end. Houses lined both sides of the mansion, and it seems that one day is not enough to tour the whole place.

There were a few hundred people on the training ground separated into groups practicing swordplay, horse riding, archery, and some were even wearing newly made armor and letting others hit them with various weapons to test the sturdiness. But the most exciting place seems to be the archery field, with almost a hundred warriors watching from the side, giving out thunderous cheers once in a while.

Tao Fang’s expression suddenly looked awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    Re women and gender studies: I think the current orthodoxy adopted by people in gender studies is that sex is biological whereas gender is personal (i.e. you can *choose* your gender identification, but not sex). 'Female genders' doesn't have meaning as far as I can tell, but I see JAJA9's point--most of the women in the novel are thoroughly objectified. Maybe Huang Yi is fantasizing so much because he or his readership is not getting much of the real thing!
    My understanding of the word 'gender' has always been this
    'the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex'
    That's why I find women being address as 'female gender' is weird. Cold and scientific because 'female gender' sounds a like study subject instead an individual.

Wet dreams might have a little to do with it, but I think the main purpose is still business.

Women being objectifed is nothing new in wuxia stories. How many times have you read about the female characters in wuxia stories that are drop dead gorgeous, has flawless skin, perfect body, etc etc until these women become unreal? And they usually fall head over heels in love with the hero. I think that is also another kind of fantasy and the female characters there are also objectified but in a more respectful way.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-23-07 at 02:41 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Thanks for the translation, Jean! The Warring States are a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    My understand of the word 'gender' as always been this
    'the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex'
    That's why I find it women being address as 'female gender' is weird. Cold and scientific because 'female gender' sounds a like study subject instead an individual.
    I was more referring to the new "small talk" used by women and gender studies people here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender i.e. "an individual's self-conception as being male or female, as distinguished from actual biological sex." Not trying to defend or attack such a definition at all; just saying JAJA9 isn't using "gender" in the women and gender studies sense, since you asked about that.

Re the sound of the term: You've got a point there, kidd--the sound is very unfamiliar. I've never heard of women/ladies/females/members of the female sex/term of choice being referred to as members of the female gender. Is this some new syntactical thing?

Syntax aside...

Women being objectifed is nothing new in wuxia stories. How many times have you read about the female characters in wuxia stories that are drop dead gorgeous, has flawless skin, perfect body, etc etc until these women become unreal. And they usually fall head over heels in love with the hero.
    ... that's so true! It gets just a *little* tired after the 100th iteration...

I think that is also another kind of fantasy and the female characters there are also objectified but in a more respectful way.
    That sounds like being put on the pedestal. On the bright side, it's better than being a sex object.

I am wandering any link to the chinese translation of this novel online actually.

I am wandering any link to the chinese translation of this novel online actually.
    Check out Huang Yi at qiqi.com they have all the major wuxia writers.

If it isn't there, there are a few more online repositories but I can't remember off the top of my head.
    --=={Grundle}==--

to continue.... end of chapter

Xiang Shaolong unconsciously walked nearer, and saw that the archer is a heroic looking young man wearing a red crown, a yellow warrior’s robe with a dragon sewn on it and black leather warrior’s boots.

He’s almost the same height as Xiang Shaolong, maybe an inch or half inch shorter, extremely well built, muscular and full of charisma.

His eyes were shining, his forehead high and wide, his eyes and nose straight, his lips pursed into a line, with an indescribable air of arrogance and confidence.

Such a handsome and suave man is truly rarely seen.

Sitting on his horse, he placed his arrow on an especially large bow, the hand that pulled the string of the bow was holding another 2 arrows as well.

The string of the bow clanged thrice in quick succession.

The 3 arrows went one after the other, shooting out like a meteor. The first arrow struck the bull’s eye of the target about 200 steps away, and the 2 other arrows shot right into the first arrow successively.

The audience was totally enthralled and cheered.

Xiang Shaolong was dumbstruck at the sight. He would not have believed such out of the world archery skill if he had not seen it with his own eyes.

Tao Fang whispered into his ear, “This ‘Master Red Crown’ Lian Jin is recruited by my nemesis Wu Hei. Regardless of swordplay, horse riding or archery, he’s the best in the mansion. This time I lost more than a hundred horses and Wu Hei is already spreading tales in front of Master. Luckily I now have Shaolong, so I managed to save a bit of face, but Wu Hei and Lian Jin will not let us off.” When he finished his words, his expression looked pained.

Xiang Shaolong sucked in a breath of cool air. His swordplay may be comparable to this Lian Jin now, but as for riding and archery he is far behind. He was just about to reply when he saw a white cloud floating out from amongst the audience. A lady with incomparable beauty dressed in white, with figure slightly better than Shu’er’s ran excitedly towards Lian Jin and spoke to him intimately. Lian Jin immediately handed the large bow in his hand to someone and spoke to her politely. His grace is indeed enough to enchant any beauty.

Xiang Shaolong’s breathing stopped, and he sighed appreciatively, “This must be our state’s most beautiful lady.”

Tao Fang sighed, “This is our Master’s most beloved granddaughter, Miss Wu Tingfang. She’s a little interested in Lian Jin, but Master seems to have the intention of marrying her into the royal family and Lian Jin is worried about that now. Come! Master is waiting for us.”

The two of them left the crowd and walked towards the great mansion.

Someone shouted from behind, “Master Tao please slow down!”

The two of them turned around in surprise.

That Lian Jin came towards them from the crowd, following behind him is the rare beauty Wu Tingfang.

Xiang Shaolong can’t help but look at Wu Tingfang, his eyes made contact with her lively and mischievous eyes, and he felt his heart beating wildly.

Heavens! She look even prettier than a flower, unparalleled in her beauty when seen up close.

When seen from afar earlier he only noticed her chest, waist and legs etc, and already he felt that she’s a little better than Shu’er, but she looks even more outstanding when seen close up. The unhidden freshness seems to gush towards him, taking one’s breath away. Even though Xiang Shaolong had always prided himself on being a flirt, but now on seeing her he began to feel unworthy.

Like a cottonrose emerging from the clear pond, like nature’s carving.

Her natural beauty seems to be made from the tools of the gods, her shoulder carved with a knife, her waist bounded by silk, her neck long and tender, her skin smooth and white, her bright eyes looking around prettily, her dimples sunken in a slight smile, her hair that floated like the clouds, with a jade green hairpin in it, wearing a warrior’s clothes with pearls decorating it, her feet wearing tiny calfskin boots, looking exactly like a fairy who came from heaven.

Wu Tingfang saw him staring at her and showed her unhappiness.

Xiang Shaolong was startled from his daze and immediately looked at Lian Jin.

Lian Jin was sizing him up coldly, his expression none too polite.

Tao Fang is a wily old fox indeed, and hurriedly introduced the two of them.

Wu Tingfang said coldly, “Oh! So you’re Xiang Shaolong, Grandfather is very impressed with you!”

Lian Jin moved a little closer to Wu Tingfang, to show his familiarity with this beauty, and said with a smile, “I am also very impressed with Brother Xiang, why don’t we find a good day and exchange some pointers, and let me see the divine sword that can block an army of 800 horse thieves.”

Xiang Shaolong can tell that although his words sounded polite, but it was full of sarcasm, hinting that Tao Fang had been exaggerating about this matter and he was secretly upset. He was thinking that if he can have a freestyle boxing match with this conceited man, he’ll surely beat him up until his head is swollen like a pig. But if the competition is on other things, then he’d better avoid it if possible, so he can only smile humbly and replied, “Brother Lian’s archery skills is unparalleled, I cannot be compared to you. I’m not qualified enough to exchange pointers with Brother Lian, but would hope that Brother Lian can give some advise when you’re free.”

When Wu Tingfang thought that they were going to have a duel, she was quite excited but once she heard his reply, she was disappointed and chided him, “Coward!” before turning around and leaving.

Lian Jin is obviously very satisfied with Wu Tingfang’s reaction, and he looked heavenward and laughed, “Brother Xiang really disappoints me, in that case I shall not make things difficult for Brother Xiang!” He turned around and ran after Wu Tingfang.

Xiang Shaolong was feeling calm instead, and with a nonchalant laugh, continued walking with Tao Fang towards the huge mansion.

Tao Fang nodded his head, “It’s good to tolerate for the time being. Shaolong may be highly skilled, but I’m afraid you’re still not his match.” He continued with a low voice, “That lad has been going around Handan looking for people to duel with him, and everyone is scared of him after a few fights. I really hope someone can take him down a peg or two.”

Xiang Shaolong knows that he’s trying to instigate him, so he smiled and said, “If Master Tao can make it such that there’s no restrictions in my duel with him, I am 70% confident that I can teach him a good lesson.”

Tao Fang exclaimed happily, “That’s easy, let me find a suitable location for Shaolong to show off your ability. How I wish I can see that Wu Hei’s expression immediately.”