Page 99 of 321 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 6420

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by camtay View Post
    Hi Jean,

Just wanna let you know how much I've been enjoying this story!

I've been coming to this forum for my regular fix of wushu stories for the past 2-3 years.
    Wow, Jean.. another poster gave its virgin post here. You are doing good.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by camtay View Post
    Hi Jean,

Just wanna let you know how much I've been enjoying this story!
    I've been coming to this forum for my regular fix of wushu stories for the past 2-3 years.
    Wow, Jean.. another poster gave its virgin post here. You are doing good.
    sound like Ji Yanran gave up her chastity.. ehm ehm
    "virgin post" who can capable make this interesting phrase
    aiyyo.. balikpapan.. you must be coming from ancient era.. wkqwqwq

haha... you make me sound like I go around collecting virgins.... or like some gods who demand virgin sacrifices.

anyway, to continue....

Xiang Shaolong continued, “As a part of life, poetry and music is good in molding a person’s temperament and beautifying things. But with such a situation now, the more important thing is a rich country and strong soldiers. Food and clothing is more basic than honor or disgrace. If one cannot even protect the country, why bother talking about poetry and songs. In the past King Goujian of Yue slept on sticks and ate gall and persevered, so he was finally able to take revenge. After I came to Handan, I find that everyone is engrossed in eating, drinking and having fun. With such environment, no matter how much you support poetry and music, sooner or later you will become slaves of a fallen country.”

The one who felt the worse was Zhao Zhi, to be reprimanded in her face by him so she lowered her pretty face quietly.

Li Yuan and Han Chuang’s expression became uneasy for they are indeed more engrossed in play and had totally ignored the grand plan of dealing with the Qins.

Zhao Mu remembered that ‘he’ grew up in the wilderness mountainous areas so he did not feel at all bewildered, even secretly thinking that when he becomes the King of Zhao in future, he must give more important duties to this practical person.

The feelings of the other 3 ladies were not as direct for in this world where men are leaders, it is naturally the duty of men to protect the country. Instead they find him to be extraordinary for it seems that everyone else is intoxicated but he is the only sober person.

Ji Zhong smiled coldly and said, “Who will know who the last one standing is until the very end?”

Xiang Shaolong is already feeling very irritated with this person that Lord Dongzhou had sent. He eyes flashed icily as he stared at him and said, “People say that a normal person will only think of today’s matters, a fool will only remember yesterday’s matters and only the intelligent will have a open mind and think about tomorrow, or even possible events that will happen one year or ten years later and start making plans today. If one has to wait until a winner is found which by then will be too late for regrets, he might as well go home now and hug his woman and get as much sleep as possible.”

Ji zhong’s expression changed as he said angrily, “What does Mister Dong mean by those words? Who does not plan for the future, or are you the only intelligent one?”

Zhao Ya tried to play the peacemaker but Xiang Shaolong raised his hand to stop her. He smiled calmly and said, “Mister Ji thinks too much. I am only stating facts, so please do not think that I was pinpointing at anyone. I am a straightforward person and now I’m sharing weal and woe with everyone here so I hope I can offer my help to protect the country and her peoples. But look what kind of reception I received. Anyone with eyes will know who will be the last one standing. This is not a time for argument, but a time to cast aside our preconceptions for only by knowing oneself and one’s enemy, will we be able to stand a chance at fighting Qin.”

Guo Kai and Le Cheng exchanged looks, finally understanding the reason for his anger, for he is blaming the King of Zhao for ignoring him because of Li Yuan.

Zhao Ba exclaimed “Excellent!” and turned towards Ji Zhong, saying “Horse Fanatic Dong is a straight forward person who speaks his mind and I like that. Mister Ji please do not blame him, his words are a reprimand for everyone at this table, including me. But his lecture does indeed set a person thinking.”

How can Li Yuan be appeased, so he said with an icy smile, “Since that’s the case, Mister Dong can jolly well not attend such a merry making feast, so why is he saying one thing, but doing another thing altogether?”

Xiang Shaolong smiled slightly and replied, “Mister Li is mistaken. A feast is a normal social activity, and the Qins have never banned feasts. I’m just making use of the topic being discussed to point out that some people are abandoning and ignoring the most important matters and only cares about having fun, or because of their own selfish gains, are doing things that will only harm others but benefit themselves.”

He stared at him, lifted his arms and tugged at his collar, pulling down his top to reveal his bandaged shoulders and asked nonchalantly, “Can Mister Li tell me, who caused these sword injuries?”

Ji Yanran exclaimed ‘Ah’ and looked towards Li Yuan.

Li Yuan was caught off guard and was stunned, unable to speak.

It was only now that the others understand that these two person’s enmity is so deep to the extent that weapons are now being used.

Xiang Shaolong rearranged his clothes and said with a smile, “Naturally Mister Li would not know who did this and anyway I can’t be bothered with such lowdown people who use despicable means. I just want to prove to everyone here that I am not shooting people down without a reason.”

Xiang Shaolong’s word were meat to establish his image of a straightforward and open person and at the same time attacking Li Yuan so that this person would not dare to strike him again. Otherwise it’ll be a big problem if he wants to distance himself from the attack.

Li Yuan’s expression now looked as horrendous as anyone can imagine.

Zhao Mu said, “Mister Dong can relate your attack in detail to General Le, he’ll definitely help to give you justice.”

Xiang Shaolong guffawed in reply, “Such insignificant matters, why talk about it. Come, let me offer a toast to Mister Ji and Mister Li to thank them for listening to the complaints of an uncouth man like me.”

Everyone lifted their cups so Ji and Li had no choice but to lift their cups and drink up as well.

Oh, so totally owned....
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I also want to offer toast for lady Jean.

“People say that a normal person will only think of today’s matters, a fool will only remember yesterday’s matters and only the intelligent will have a open mind and think about tomorrow, or even possible events that will happen one year or ten years later and start making plans today. If one has to wait until a winner is found which by then will be too late for regrets, he might as well go home now and hug his woman and get as much sleep as possible.”

Well, according to his "a drop of honey" story, it seem like Xiang Shaolong is a pretty normal person if not a fool.

nice!

Thanks Jean
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Default Slain

they got slamed...

Quote Originally Posted by kool View Post
    “People say that a normal person will only think of today’s matters, a fool will only remember yesterday’s matters and only the intelligent will have a open mind and think about tomorrow, or even possible events that will happen one year or ten years later and start making plans today. If one has to wait until a winner is found which by then will be too late for regrets, he might as well go home now and hug his woman and get as much sleep as possible.”

Well, according to his "a drop of honey" story, it seem like Xiang Shaolong is a pretty normal person if not a fool.
    Yup, totally BS. This is one of XSLs least impressive moments.

Smile

That one is for the guys, and the "a drop of honey" story is for the ladies. If you reverse the audience, they won't give the same effect, don't you think so?

Top translation, Jean.

planning for the future is one thing. living in the here and now is another.

your planning must not interrupt what's happening now and vice versa
    :-)

its a fine line to draw

short update!

They had just put down their cups when Zhao Zhi offered a toast to Xiang Shaolong, “I was ignorant and caused Mister Dong to be so angry, let me make use of this wine to offer my apologies.”

Zhao Zhi has always been known for being stubborn and for those who know her well, this is the first time they see her being so meek.

Xiang Shaolong said with a smile after he drank up, “It’s my fault, how can it be blamed on Miss Zhi.”

Ji Yanran’s eyes were exceptionally bright as she offered a toast to him, “Not only are Mister Dong’s words surprising, but thought provoking as well. You will definitely have a great future.”

What followed were toasts being offered to one another and the atmosphere returned to normal, at least it seems so on the surface.

Li Yuan was constantly disadvantaged tonight and Xiang Shaolong gained all the upper hand so he was anxiously talking to Ji Yanran who was sitting beside him, hoping to get back into her good grace. A pity that Ji Yanran now knows that he is so despicable as to send men to ambush Xiang Shaolong and she wished she could kill him instead. Therefore she only gave him a few polite but icy replies.

Han Chuang who was seated beside Xiang Shaolong tapped him twice under the table to express his admiration. Zhao Mu gave him a look, to show that he is satisfied with his performance.

Guo Kai looks like he’s deep in thought, obviously because Xiang Shaolong is not as simple as he thought, so he’s now reevaluating him. Zhao Ya became quiet.

She too did not expect Li Yuian to have such deep enmity with this Dong Kuang to the extent that he’d send killers. She is an intelligent person so she guessed that this is because of jealousy, and he came to pander to her maybe because he had the intention of getting back at Dong Kuang. Although up to this point of time she has nothing to do with Dong Kuang at all, she was being made used of by Li Yuan. Once she thought of that, she can’t help but feel a little regret.

She saw Xiang Shaolong stand up and looked at him in surprise.

Xiang Shaolong bowed suavely and said, “I thank Lady for this unique lantern feast, but I am used to sleeping early so I’ll have to make a move first.”

Everyone tried to make him stay, of course with the exception of Ji Zhong and Li Yuan.

Xiang Shaolong bowed again and retreated out of his seat.

Zhao Ba stood up and said, “The sword discussion meeting tomorrow, Brother Dong please remember to come on time.”

Xiang Shaolong looked at Ji Yanran who was looking at him with a heated expression and asked, “Will Miss be gracing the sword discussion meeting with your presence?”

Ji yanran replied gently, “Since Mister Dong will be attending, how can Yanran not be there.”

Once she said this, Li Yuan was immediately fuming while the other men all looked astonished.

Xiang Shaolong bid his farewell to them one by one and when it came to Guo Xiu’er’s turn, this dainty lady exclaimed, “Xiu’er wants to go tomorrow to learn more as well.”

Xiang Shaolong and Guo Zhong’s brows both furrowed deeply at the same time on hearing that.

As for Zhao Zhi, he deliberately tried not to look directly at her but just bowed hurriedly and turned towards the main door.

The sounds of clothes and trinkets rustling were heard coming after him and Zhao Ya rushed up to his side and said, “Let me send you off!”

Xiang Shaolong knows that he won’t be able to reject her so he said graciously, “Lady is too polite!”

Zhao Ya accompanied him quietly along the long corridors in the residence. Since she is not talking, naturally Xiang Shaolong would not start a conversation as well.

Zhao Ya suddenly tugged at his sleeve gently and stopped walking.

Xiang Shaolong halted in surprise and lowered his head to look at her.

Zhao Ya looked extremely lost, her pretty eyes alluringly sad as she lifted her pretty face to look closely at his face.

Have a good weekend. Thanks for the update Jean.

I finally downloaded the comic and now can follow along Jean's story telling.
    The martial arts in the comics are drawn in a superhuman perspective.
    Even a slap in the face cause blood to drip and the characters can take a lot of punishment unlike the story.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -BH

Smile

(sigh..) If this Zhao Ya is not acting like a sl**, I would like her more; even more than a woman as pretty and smart as Ji Yanran. She (ZY) is funny, skillful, and brave. I think XSl would agree with me.

You know that saying: great men think alike..

Happy weekend, Lady Jean.

^ Hence XSL is still in love with ZY. Or at the very least he is unable to forget her. So far, she's the only woman that is a challenge for him. He has not been able to totally control her. JYR may be drop dead gorgeous and knowledgable in practically everything, but she still comes off as very bland.

ZY's weakness makes it hard to really root for her. Will there be more female characters or are we stuck with this batch of women?

Once again, thanks a bunch for posting Jean . We are not complaining even if it is a short one. Very grateful for your work

"batch of women" ... jean we need more virgens... lol

Happy National Day Jean!

Happy National Day to all the Singaporeans!

Just wondering if ZY saw through XSL when he displayed his shoulder =P
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

XSL love ZY deeply, he is ready to forgive her.

to continue...

Xiang Shaolong felt goose bumps rising under such scrutiny so he asked in puzzlement, “Lady, what’s wrong!” Zhao Ya shook her head slightly and said dejectedly, “I can’t help but keep thinking of you as another person, only when I look closer did I realize that I was wrong.”

Xiang Shaolong was secretly startled and he took the opportunity to change the topic and said coldly, “I don’t think I have much similarity with Li Yuan! But luckily this is so.”

Zhao Ya still held on to his sleeve as she lowered her head dejectedly and said, “Mister Dong please do not laugh at me, Zhao Ya is just that pitiful girl who is constantly looking for that drop of honey! Why is Mister always treating me so cruelly?”

Xiang Shaolong’s fury rose as he secretly thought that since she has found him, that drop of honey, then why is she so hard hearted as to betray him. He replied with a laugh, “Your two drops of honey are in the great hall, please forgive me for not being able to stay.” With a wave of his hand he dislodged her hold and walked away.

Zhao Ya looked as he disappeared behind the door and felt as if the world has suddenly lost its color. Right at this time, she knows that after Xiang Shaolong, this is the first time she has really fallen for another man but immediately she was grumbling in her heart, ‘Who cares who you are? Am I, Zhao Ya, one who can be rejected by you so easily.”

She stomped her feet and returned to the hall.

Xiang Shaolong walked out of the residence and the night breeze blew in his face and he was immediately energized.

He was really furious earlier. Those idiots from the 6 states only know how to fight amongst themselves but have no idea that big trouble is almost upon them.

At the same time he was in a dilemma. Although he is now the enemy of the 6 states, yet he still has some feelings for Handan, making him worry about the fate of this ancient city.

Then he thought of his own problem. What had seemed so easy originally, has not become extremely complicated. With the situation now, if he wants to capture Zhao Mu alive and send him back to Xianyang is quite impossible. And if he has to kill Le Cheng, this general who wields the military power of Handan, that would be even more difficult than ascending heaven. The strong confidence he had when he first came is starting to waver.

An extra day in Handan will mean an extra day of danger. The biggest problem is of course because the important officials and famed generals of the other 5 states are concentrated here, the security and vigilance in Handan has risen greatly. Capturing Zhao Mu is not difficult, but to send him away will be fraught with difficulties.

Once he thought of this, he can’t help but heave a great sigh.

Sounds of hoof beats was heard coming nearer, and slowing down as it neared.

Xiang Shaolong had already guessed who has come after him so he said without even turning his head, “How do you do, Miss Zhi!”

Zhao zhi’s crisp voice immediately replied, “How did you know it was me?”

Xiang Shaolong turned his head sideways to look at the gallant Zhao Zhi astride her horse and said with a smile, “Other than Zhao Zhi, who else would dare to come and meet my bad temper alone.”

Zhao Zhi was originally looking down and staring at him but when she heard that she lifted her pretty face to look at the night sky above the streets of Handan and said with a pout, “Wrong guess! Zhao Zhi has no time to bother with people like you.”

Xiang Shaolong knows that she has already surrendered half her heart to him but she just cannot admit to it. However his heart can only contain Ji Yanran now, besides Zhao Zhi is Jing Jun’s beloved so there’s no way he can snatch someone’s love away. There’s really no way he can do this to his own brother. How awkward would it be between him and Jing Jun in future then? The way he forced her to leave last night, he didn’t feel too good about it either.

The Zhao Zhi at this instant is especially alluring.

He chortled and asked, “Then why do you have the leisure to accompany me on my night tour of Handan?”

Right at this time a group of soldiers rode over in the quiet street, reminding them of the war which has not stopped in hundreds if years and which can still start at any time. Those patrol soldiers saw Zhao Zhi and greeted her respectfully.

Zhao Zhi nudged her horse forward to walk alongside Xiang Shaolong and said nonchalantly, “Don’t you think you’ve offended everyone tonight?”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “Why does it matter, didn’t your people Meng Ke said ‘They may be thousands of people against me, but I will go forward’.

*Meng Ke - Mencius

Zhao Zhi looked down in surprise, “Why would Meng Ke be ours?”

Xiang Shaolong almost wanted to slap himself. Up to this point of time he still regarded himself as an outsider so he said with embarrassment, “No real meaning to that, just a slip of the tongue!”

Zhao Zhi stared at him with unsure suspicion and surprise and took some time before she uttered softly, “Get up my horse!”

Xiang Shaolong was stunned, “Where to?”

Zhao Zhi asked icily, “Afraid?”

Xiang Shaolong chortled, “Sharing a horse like that, Miss Zhi should be the one who is afraid.”

Zhao Zhi replied evilly, “You didn’t seem to be that considerate for others that night? Are you a man or not, get up the horse quickly!”