Page 9 of 321 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

i am beginning to enjoy this story so much, and i'm really dazed by the rate of the translation.
    Jean---- thank you so much!!! keep up the wonderful work.

End of chapter.....

Wu Tingwei thought that his eye will be lost, his whole body weakened and at the same moment that he peed in fright, the long sword slanted a little, brushed past his face and pierced into the tree trunk, the difference of only a few millimeters.

“Bang!”

Xiang Shaolong’s right leg kicked his thigh.

Wu Tingwei flew to one side, Xiang Shaolong turned around with his sword and blocked the sword of the beauty Wu Tingfang.

Xiang Shaolong looked at her coldly and asked quietly, “So is Grand Young Missy involved as well?”

Wu Tingfang was so furious that her face reddened, and she gritted her teeth and uttered, “I’m going to kill you.” Her sword came attacking like the Changjiang River, her swordplay far better than her elder brother’s, just that she lacks the strength and experience.

Xiang Shaolong had an idea, and he retreated as he fought, and in short time he lured her deep into the isolated woods.

Wu Tingfang saw that she could not defeat him even with her ferocious attacks and the more upset and impatient she was, the more distracted she became. She was panting, and after slashing 2 more times, her sword flew out of her hands with a ‘dang’.

Xiang Shaolong returned his sword to his scabbard, took a step forward and hugged her. He carried her up and pressed her to a tree, looking at her sweet and dainty face with his head tilted to one side.

Wu Tingfang was totally exhausted, so she only made a show of trying to struggle before collapsing in his arms, asking in fear and anger, “What do you want?”

Xiang Shaolong replied gently, “Compensation of course.”

Wu Tingfang was startled and tried to struggle again with her remaining strength, but Xiao Shaolong took the opportunity to use his chest and legs to rub against her sensitive, prohibited spots, and her struggle soon became a strong reaction to his movements.

Since she was born, this is the first time she has been teased so rudely by a man this way.

Lian Jin has hugged her before as well, but she pushed him away immediately. This is the first time something like this has happened.

She was angry, but her body started feeling waves of strange pleasure.

She did not take part in Wu Tingwei’s plan at all, but she saw the whole process when she went after him after finding out that there’s something amiss. She saw Xiang Shaolong’s heroism, frighteningly accurate strategies and swordsmanship that is comparable to Lian Jin’s. And there’s something that even Lian Jin cannot compare, this person seems to have endless stamina. When he is cold he makes one shiver, when he is gentle and smiling he looks suave, and even now when she is being molested by him, she finds it difficult to really hate him.

When the pleasure in her body became stronger, she moaned, and her lips were locked with his.

Wu Tingfang was shocked and embarrassed, his tongue attacked through her locked teeth. She moaned and was lost in her first kiss with a man, the thought of Lian Jin disappearing far from her mind immediately.

Sounds of people walking could be heard from outside the woods.

Xiang Shaolong left her lips, nibbled on her earlobes and said, “To be able to kiss Grand Young Missy’s sweet lips, even death would be worth it.” He let her go and walked out with large strides.

Wu Tingfang’s body weakened and she slid down the truck, collapsing on the ground, all her hatred disappearing without a trace. Her body still felt that shameless excitement and pleasure.

When Xiang Shaolong walked back to the path outside the woods where he was attacked, a large burly man with a gold belt and huge eyes were reprimanding the kneeling warriors and Wu Tingwei.

Tao Fang stood at the side with his head lowered, and when he saw him coming, signaled him with his eyes.

Xiang Shaolong made way for a seriously injured warrior who was being carried away before he walked towards the burly man, knelt down and paid his respects.

He was careful when he struck with his sword, only making the other party lose the ability to fight, but his first few blows were a bit harder since he was trying to scare them.

That burley man turned his head around and asked coldly, “Where is Tingfang?”

Before Xiang Shaolong could reply, Wu Tingfang’s voice could be heard from behind, “Tingfang is here. His swordsmanship is really good, I was unable to hurt him.”

The burly man’s expression cleared a little, and he turned to Wu Tingwei and his men first and bellowed, “All of you scram!”

Wu Tingwei dare not even take a look at Xiang Shaolong, and scuttled off with his warriors like a defeated cock.

The man turned towards Xiang Shaolong and said, “Get up!”

Xiang Shaolong stood up respectfully, and realized that Wu Tingfang was standing next to him, and glancing at him.

Tao Fang was totally perplexed and kept looking at the two of them.

That man looked at his daughter for a moment before turning towards Xiang Shaolong and said, “Excellent! Injuring 30 odd men and yet none of the attacks are fatal. This is the first time I’ve seem such swordsmanship. I, Wu Yingyuan will bet on you winning the duel with Lian Jin.”

Xiang Shaolong was quietly laughing that no one in this era will understand human anatomy better than him as he uttered self-effacing words.

Wu Yingyuan sized him up again and said with a smile, “There are very few Zhaos who are as tall and large as you, but for Qins it’s not a very rare trait.”

Xiang Shaolong had a strange intuition, and felt that this Wu Yingyuan seems to take pride that he has Qin blood in him. Maybe he has this thinking because he has traveled much, thus more open-minded and knows how great the Qins are.

Wu Yingyuan seemed quite impressed with him and said, “I’m going to inspect the large farm 20 miles north of here, Shaolong come with me then!”

Wu Tingfang called out, “Father! I want to go too.”

Everyone was surprised and looked at her.

Wu Tingfang lowered her pretty face, her fingers twiddling with the corner of her clothes, looking exceptionally adorable.

Now I am far from being some SNAG (my girlfriend teases me as an MCP) but I never liked these 'girl's body can't resist forced physical intimacy by guy' plot devices.

BTW, Jean. You are spoiling us all. I have come to 'expect' these daily updates! I guess this is like those MingBao readers in the 60s getting their daily dose of Tian Long Ba Bu.

Thanks!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Now I am far from being some SNAG (my girlfriend teases me as an MCP) but I never liked these 'girl's body can't resist forced physical intimacy by guy' plot devices.

BTW, Jean. You are spoiling us all. I have come to 'expect' these daily updates! I guess this is like those MingBao readers in the 60s getting their daily dose of Tian Long Ba Bu.

Thanks!
    Fully concur with CC in all points. What else is there to say?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

huang yi and his imaginative ideas. tsk tsk... i just hope no readers actually think women can find pleasure when being physically forced like that.

i can accept the lead character to be a lady's man, but must ALL the women fall for him? gosh, this is even worst than duke of mt deer.

jean, i love your updates. you really are being too good to us. what will we do w/o your translations? can't wait for the actual dual.

You have to get through all the contrived storylines to get to good stuffs. I'm waiting for the actual plot to kick in. There is too much random sex at this point, but I still like where the story is going. There seem to be many adventures ahead, and I don't mind the story taking its time getting there.

Jean, keep up the good job and thank you for all you have done.

OT: Eh CC, what is this SNAG?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    OT: Eh CC, what is this SNAG?

Han Solo
    Sensitive New Age Guy.

bet you've never read woman's magazines.

i think it will do the story good to cut the sex down by 75% and focus more on an actual plot, but yeah, agree with liarliar. the story is heading in good direction. lots of potential in store so far. just need to weave around the mindless romp in the sack by xsl.

haha i thought the same thing as Han Solo and had to go to urbandictionary.com to look up both SNAG and MCP. if CC is reading women's magazines though, perhaps he is a SNAG after all .

if Huang Yi was published in the U.S., he might get some protests from feminist groups, but I have to agree that obviously these aren't too realistic.
    Last edited by efflix; 11-05-07 at 01:23 PM.

Remember this novel has 25 volumes. They must be filled with something... so the first volume is all about sex and some time travelling. Next volume could be more heroic with just a little bit of sex. BUT still it's a fun ride (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Sensitive New Age Guy.

bet you've never read woman's magazines.
    I never felt the need to, or being told by girls that i have to.

I'm pretty rough unschooled boy.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default Respect to the moderator

Han Solo is the ANTI SNAG...
    i love it...
    more

Quote Originally Posted by WesY2K View Post
    Remember this novel has 25 volumes. They must be filled with something... so the first volume is all about sex and some time travelling. Next volume could be more heroic with just a little bit of sex. BUT still it's a fun ride (no pun intended).
    Or maybe all the 25 volumes are filled with sex, sex, some adventures, and more sex.

new chapter....

I feel as if there's a missing part in between, but all the online editions does not show anything else. If anyone has the book itself, maybe can check and let me know? I've @@@ the part.

Edit: I've added in the missing parts, thanks to Enishi who translated it from the viet version.

Book 1 Chapter 12 – Love at the Maple Tree Valley

Xiang Shaolong and 150 warriors accompanied the Wu father and daughter and left via the north gate, galloping into the large plains.

Wu Tingfang was in high spirits and rode way ahead. Wu Yingyuan was concerned that something would happen to his daughter and was about to order his warriors to give chase when Xiang Shaolong saw this as an opportunity. It seems that Wu Tingfang is deliberately creating a chance for him, and immediately volunteered himself and went after her.

The two horses ran wildly for more than 10 miles one behind the other, and came to a valley before Wu Tingfang slowed down. By now the two horses were puffing from the run.

Xiang Shaolong went next to her and turned his head around. Wu Yingyuan and the rest were long gone.

Wu Tingfang laughed daintily, “No need to look! This is a shortcut that only I know. They won’t be coming here.”

Xiang Shaolong need no further instructions, and just turned around, picked her up and hugged her. Ignoring her weak pretests, he started kissing her neck, and finished up with a hard and hot kiss on her soft little mouth.

Wu Tingfang’s reaction was passionate, obviously it’s the first time she experienced this and can’t get enough of it.

By the time they got tired from kissing, they have already left the valley.

Wu Tingfang laid her head on her shoulder, looked at him and said shyly, “You’re really bold, no other man has dared to be as rude to me as you.”

Xiang Shaolong pretended to be serious as he replied, “No, no! I’m just a coward!”
    @@@
    Wu Tingfang knows that he still remembers the other day she called him a coward. She laughed and said "Tingfang knew right away that you're not a person who easily obey anyone, grandfather is the same.
    Xiang Shaolong shockingly said “Even what you think is right or wrong, don’t speak with anyone else, if it gets to master’s ear my life will be in danger”.
    Wu Tingfang laughs and sits straight up, steering the horse to stop and says “Look there! Crossing the valley ahead and over a small hill you’ll be able to see the gate to the pasture. In the valley there’s a small beautiful river, running through the pasture, why don’t we go there and have fun while father isn’t here yet?”
    Xiang Shaolong already calculated that in this era if he can capture a girl’s heart she will be braver than any girl in the 21st century. He’s happy inside because he defeated Lian Jin, laughs and says “Anyone who doesn’t want to have fun with you is stupid and crazy!” He steered the horse into the valley after he said.
    It’s beginning of fall season, the whole valley is filled with leaves, beautiful like heaven on earth, a small river’s current running from a rock and created a small pond.
    Wu Tingfang is still childish, she happily jumps down from the horse and runs to the river bank.
    Xiang Shaolong runs after her hugged her belly, his hands takes her belt off.
    Wu Tingfang shocked, catches his hands and asks “What are you doing?”
    Xiang Shaolong laughs and says “The water is clear like this, don’t you want to swim?”
    Wu Tingfang lowers her head and says “I can’t! If my hair gets wet father will definitely find out about us and would not forgive us.”
    Xiang Shaolong says “We can just swim in shallow water only. I guarantee your hair won’t get wet.”
    Wu Tingfang flushed, releases her hand and whispers “Ok! Don’t let my hair get wet, you think I don’t know what you want to do?
    Xiang Shaolong is happy, thinking to himself a beauty like this, even if he dies he won’t let go, his hands begin their actions and taking her clothes off.
    @@@

Xiang Shaolong laughed, “I remember now there’s no dry cloth to wipe my body, and it’s inappropriate. Why not I seek compensation from you now, listen to how refreshing the waterfall sounds.”

Wu Tingfang was about to listen closely when Xiang Shaolong kissed her hard, his hands willfully and rudely roaming her naked body.

How can she remember to listen to the sound of the waterfall? The intoxicating feeling earlier has not fully receded and it began crashing towards her again. Amidst her urgent moaning, her limbs unconsciously wrapped tightly around this man who has captured her heart.

Xiang Shaolong may be a flirtatious man, but he’s not lecherous. It’s just that he knows that a girl like Wu Tingfang who has just experienced romance is especially fickle and pliable. If he did not strike while the iron is hot and claim her for himself first, maybe when she sees the handsome Lian Jin, she will turn onto his embrace again.

But if he takes her for the first time, he will become the first man in her life, and even Lian Jin will find it difficult to rock their intimate relationship when that happens.

And with Lian Jin’s intelligence, it’s not difficult to realize that this beauty has already given him her most precious chastity, and this is the blow that he wants to give Lian Jin. No matter how nonchalant Lian Jin is, this matter involves a man’s pride and attraction, so that fellow will surely be unable to take it.

And his have to achieve his goal of attacking Lian Jin.

If the Wu family were to find out about this matter, it’s no big deal as well. As long as he can defeat Lian Jin, the King of Zhao will certainly look at him differently and the Wu family would not dare to do anything to him. Maybe even Lady Ya will protect him as well.

Once he thought about this, he knows that he is beginning to become more ruthless in order to reach his goals. But in this era where the strong is the leader, he has no other choice.

So with this mentality in mind, he used the gentlest and pleasing method to make this beautiful young lady lose her chastity to him. He followed up the act with tenderness and honeyed words to let her enjoy the sweetest pleasure a woman can get from a man.

When the two of them reached the big pasture that was miles wide, Wu Yingyuan’s men just started to show up from afar.

The person in charge of the pasture welcomed them warmly, especially when he saw the proud Grand Young Missy leaning against him daintily, he fawned even more towards Xiang Shaolong.

The big pasture is a huge piece of land surrounded by mountains and water on three sides, and the only flat piece of ground is in the east where a large river flowed horizontally across. The hanging bridge is the only way in and out, and with high walls on each side, making it look a country of its own.

There were 10 over camps of Zhao soldiers outside the pasture, obviously the uncountable number of horses, cows and goats in the pasture is the lifeline of Handan.

The 2 of them were looking around when Wu Yingyuan came over with his men. He lightly chided Wu Tingfang for a moment before turning to Xiang Shaolong and said, “Come! Let me bring Shaolong around!”

Xiang Shaolong was flattered and after changing his horse, he galloped into the pasture. Wu Tingfang was of course following him.

Wu Yingyuan recounted the joys and pains of running a pasture, showing that he is extremely experienced and insightful.

The 3 of them came to a little hill full of sheep in the end. Wu Tingfang’s inner child came out and she jumped off the horse to play with the sheep.

The two stood side by side on their horses, viewing the beautiful scenery of the majestic mountains.

Wu Yingyuan seems to remark offhandedly, “Fang’er seems to like Shaolong!”

Xiang Shaolong is unsure of his hidden meaning, and was awkwardly silent.

Last edited by Jean; 11-06-07 at 03:15 AM.

Shaolong 'isn't lecherous by nature'?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Xiang Shaolong may be a flirtatious man, but he’s not lecherous.
    wth? anyone with half a brain and read just the first 2 chapters will definitely disagree. that statement is just sooooo wrong!

and do the women have no shame in this story? dropping their clothes like there's no tomorrow. i know XSL is supposed to a good looking, smooth talking, great fighter, but COME ON...

Jean, it does indeed look like parts are missing since Tingfang got naked pretty fast. but it's no big deal. just another sex scene. nothing we can't live without reading about. thanks for the quick update. you're a true gem!

I think what the author meant is that, he is flirtatious by nature, if it's offered to him, he will take it. But he draws the line at taking a female against her will, or unfairly? But in this case, he had no choice because he wanted to deal a blow to Lian Jin, so he made use of Tingfang.

Wow, I love this theme in Chinese literature where woman, through a life of chastity, never experienced any pleasure and a man who kisses her or see her naked, or touches her or something like that automatically makes her fall in love with him.

How non-reflective of real life this is.

I would like to see Shaolong try his moves on Meijue from HSDS! Wonder how she would respond to his 'moves' learnt from comics and porn movies.

She is supposed to be rather good looking after all.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!