Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    No more poetry

Balakpan is gona start 2... no good.
    Do you see those clouds?
    They gathered together, then were blown away by the wind,
    to be gathered again somewhere else.
    We are just like those clouds. Now we gather, then we part.
    Why is your heart troubled?

(ROCH)

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Do you see those clouds?
    They gathered together, then were blown away by the wind,
    to be gathered again somewhere else.
    We are just like those clouds. Now we gather, then we part.
    Why is your heart troubled?

(ROCH)
    my heart is troubled because there is no update...

Did XSL reveal that he is from the future to anyone?

4 mos and 20 days.. no translation... tempting to machine translator is growing... i think i need to reread it.. again
    guys, if you need offline format (pdf).. just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    In the 2001 40 eps 2001 TVB series, he did, but in the novel he didn't. The TVB series combined multiple characters into single actor/actress. They shortened the series way too much in my opinion...

I remember watching the TVB version and thinking the story was underdeveloped but now that I have read the full version, I applaud TVB for their modifications. Given the scale of the production (pretending 2 locales were 6 different kingdoms), eliminating the bed scenes to fit censors, shortening the cast by combining people, etc, the editing/rewrite team did a decent job. They have very short schedules and small budget (compared to mainland China).

China will never film this series since it flies in the face of time travelling ban and bed scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    I remember watching the TVB version and thinking the story was underdeveloped but now that I have read the full version, I applaud TVB for their modifications. Given the scale of the production (pretending 2 locales were 6 different kingdoms), eliminating the bed scenes to fit censors, shortening the cast by combining people, etc, the editing/rewrite team did a decent job. They have very short schedules and small budget (compared to mainland China).

China will never film this series since it flies in the face of time travelling ban and bed scenes.
    Ahh, I have seen it too. However at the time I did not know there was a novel to it lol. I saw Louis Koo in it and thought it'll be an interesting drama lol. After reading the novels did I find that they combined many people together.

I wish China didn't banned time travel and such, because it will be awesome if they did a remake. Seeing how they made Duke of Mount Deer 2008, I'm sure they won't have shortage of female actress to play Xiang Shaolong's wives. But too bad they banned time travel ;[. What a waste!

I am new to here, and i am a Chinese who live in Hong Kong.
    Two years ago, i wanted to improve my English, i tried to search about my favorite novel and i found here.
    it's so stun for you guys to translate the extremely long story like this.

Two years later and today, i still want to improve my English.
    so let me try to translate, please accept my poor English, and tell me if any mistake i have made.

i don't know what the translation of those common names are, so i remain those name to chinese
    Please tell me and i will edit it.

by the way, 暗室春潮 means Orgasm in the dark room
    春潮 is a fancy way to describe sexual orgasm.
    Chinese always describe female genitals as "spring"(春)
    Chinese ancients think female genitals are origin of life, and also spring is origin of life too.
    ---------------------------------------------
    After decision was made, he was first hiding those stuffs such as ski board, crossbow at a certain place, and marked a symbol. Then he climbed up onto a big tree, swept away the snow, huddled beside the branch and utterly waits for the dawn.

At the mid-night, sleet was falling one after another, he felt freezing and trembling.
    Suffering among cold and hunger, the only thing he could do is being patient.
    After being attacked, he was always escaping from enemy strategies with his strong determination. However, when he is not chasing by enemies, he starts to think crankily.

Something like about the man who was sent by Jing Nian, did they can reach and inform Teng Yi about his news? Or about those wives in Xianyang, what would they react if they heard about his news? It’s like tons of pressure in his mind, which makes him can’t relax at all.

Painful of the body, is far less then pressure in the heart.

Suddenly he chills, and loses consciousness. When he wake up again that he found whole body is painful. He realized he was felt off from the tree, and the body covered by snow. Winter sun raise, sunlight entered into the forest softly. He tried so hard to get up, just feeling so hot on his face and the mental is going to collapse. He is sick in this critical moment! Xiang Shaolong feels extremely weak both mentally and physically, but he knows deeply if he don’t continue the journey, the night comes, and he would not have his life to see the dawn of tomorrow.

to be continued...
    Last edited by swkandrew; 07-23-12 at 07:27 AM.

Thanks! At least the story moves a tiny bit.
    Hope to catch the next installment

By thinking about his wives, he try so hard to stand up, stumbling and climbing up back, walk along to the edge of forest. When he barely gets to edge, he can’t stand for everything he had got, and fallen down.

For a long unconsciousness, he wakes, and the noise of cart wheel conflicting ground was heard by his ears. He opens his eyes, that he can only see a team of carts outgoing from Dàliáng’s official road. Sunlight had already gone, dark clouds gather overhead, there is another snow storm incoming.

Xiang Shaolong knows that it is the very moment about dead or alive. He sneaked into the team by avoiding anyone attention. Climbed onto one of the carts, and fell onto soft wheat.

And then he had lost all his consciousness.

Someone voice has waken Xiang Shaolong. Although it is still suffer among hot and cold, tiredness and the head is like a lead. He still feels better than before. But his throat is burning like fire that he needs some ice water or tea extremely.

Xiang Shaolong is lifting up the tent of the cart. The only thing he can see in the endless white snow, are some houses besides the road. It is like after a nightmare, he has arrived into the city of Dàliáng.

The cart walks slowly, and heading to another destination. At the moment that Xiang Shaolong cannot determine about it is better drop off here or not, the cart turned into a street, and entering into a residence yard.

Xiang Shaolong uses he last strength and willpower, and wait for a certain moment. The cart finally stops in front of a warehouse. Sunlight was totally went out, the workers are obviously not going to load off immediately. They just parked up and left.

Xiang Shaolong thinks it is so lucky. After waited for a while, and he uses all very last strength to let him falls onto the show.

to be continued....
    Last edited by swkandrew; 07-23-12 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    no, he didn't say that to anyone. and in the last chapter , he is finally realized that he is the certain part of the history.

by the two short translation i have done, i can imagine it is how hard for the translator.
    it's really hard to get a correct meaning, for the translator in foreigner the Chinese word are so hard to understand.
    for the translator in chinese, it's so hard to express those beautiful adjectives in a appropriate and higher level English.

He is pronating on the ground, refresh his mind to observe the circumstance. He see those warehouse are out of light but the front yawn is myriad light. From his point of view, it is known that this residence should belong to one of the Wèi's noble, and surrounding by high walls.

He is in the position of a rectangular open yawn, there is no any other thing expect the carts. One side of the yawn is a stable, another side are houses for slave beside the wall.

Dogs bark from somewhere in the front yawn. Xiang Shaolong is frightened out.In this era, noble residences are always having dogs, when noble is sleeping, they are patrol of the yawn.

For now the strength of Xiang Shaolong, there is no way for him to climb out from the wall, the only way he can do is find a place to hide himself up, and waits for tomorrow.

With the strength that come from nowhere, he climbed up and sneaks to the warehouse. At that time he feels he is recovering, and spirit is restoring.

When he got in front of a warehouse, he found that it is locked up heavily that he can’t enter it.

He is so impulsive and check every door. When he is checking the last door, he found that it is the only door that does not lock up. He feels joy and push in.

The door has just close, blocked the light from the front yawn, a hot body is hugging him in a sudden. She yells “It is expected that you are not coming. Didn’t mistress command you to drive a cart for her? Why are you coming back this early?”

Xiang Shaolong is grumbling inside. He is encountering into illicit relations of slaves. When he is out of word to explain, the infatuating lady encircles her arms to his neck, and kissed him softly.

It would be disrespectful to decline; Xiang Shaolong takes it with his illness.

The lady leaves his lips and trembling, says “ You are not Shǐlíng, You are Liú jié, you can’t cheat me.”

Xiang Shaolong replies unclearly, scares about if she shouts out loud. Gets revert on the lady with a big hug, and actively kisses on her rich cherry lips.

The lady is fascinating in love, just struggle as follow customs, and passionate reacting to him. Maybe the excitement of sexual desire, Xiang Shaolong is feeling way better from illnesses, and the most wonderful thing is he feels not cold as before.

The most exciting thing he feels that the seductive event is, he does not even know the appearance of the other party, only touches can feel she is a plentiful lady, and experienced in sexual.

Xiang Shaolong has strength in concentration against women. However, he is not a modest in rites. Now he is turned on by desire, unable to stop. Moreover, if he does not satisfy her, he has to subdue or kill her. To weigh the importance, former decision is better and it may deceive.

His hands are searching on her body to incite sexual passion. The lady starts breathing hardly, body is becoming soft and hot. If there is a light, it must be a burning cheek she has. Fingers are searching, he feels her coat is very thick surprisingly, warn and smooth thighs are compact and plentiful. He realizes that she is a very young one that she won’t be older than 20.

Her reaction is like a burning fire, the body can’t stand on his hugs and fondle, and can’t stop groping his back. A groaning captivatingly comes from deep inside her lips that anyone knows what she desire for.

to be continued....
    Last edited by swkandrew; 07-23-12 at 07:31 AM.

Hi, swkandrew:

Thanks for your effort and willingness, man. But, perhaps you might want to ask jean if it's Ok to continue with the translation.This thread is kind of her 'baby'. So, pm or email her, and see what she thinks.

Thank you, and please don't feel offended. Cheers!

(But please continue if others and/or the moderators think otherwise)
    Last edited by balikpapan; 07-22-12 at 04:43 PM.

hi swkandrew, thanks alot for continuing this translation. I have suggestion in writing names or places, for example, 劉傑, instead of typing it in chinese why not type in latin the way you pronounce it. like the name above, you can type it as "liu jie" instead of "劉傑". I think people who read it will relate it to the stories better. Thanks again for the translation.

Thank you swkandrew for your contribution! I am glad that we are able to see more part of the story.

Under here are some original names that the previous translators have used, and some I have used google translation. I hope this helps!

滕翼 - This is Teng Yi.
    咸陽 - Xianyang.
    魏國 - Wei's country? or the Nation of Wei. So I guess its just "Wei".
    劉傑 - Liu Jie.

Hi swkandrew, thank u so much.... my thirst is gone.... i'm sure jean will be ok... keep going man... and totally agree with Subudai11's

And...we are back!

XSL is incorrigible - does not need aspirin or panadol. Just a woman to grope. Perv! And my fav kind..

Thanks so much, swkandrew! I can get the gist of the story. But can't read chinese, and so would appreciate if you can romanise it some of the chinese letters you used...

Please keep it going. I will take your translation as interim until the official translators find the time to post again.

Swkandrew, please feel free to continue with the translation. In the past, multiple people (including myself) have jumped in to help the translation out, and you are joining a proud and honorable tradition by doing so now. Cheers!

RWX
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

i am going to use google translate pinyin instead

Wei is a nation
    魏國 means The Nation of Wei
    大魏 means The Great Wei Nation

infact i don't think i can use the chinese pinyin i actually use
    for example,
    劉傑 in Mandarin is Liú jié
    However in Hong Kong, Cantonese pronounce as lau git

Xiang Shaolong is Hong Siu Lung

(By the way, i think Hong Siu Lung is more accurate to be the main character's name, it's because the author is a Cantonese Speaker. )