Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Jean, thanks. Good to have back on regular post.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean, glad to see your writing is back.

Thank you, Jean...
    When I read a woman was waiting beside XSL bed, I thought "there you go, agaiinnn.. Another out of this world beauty who is 'in heat' with XSL"

Now the story is getting interesting. The wars and their tactics bored me to death. XSL is at his best when he operates alone or in small group (as his background is in special force). And as I got pump up with the story, mehh.. another cliff hanger.

but...

I wish you bluebirds in the spring
    To give your heart a song to sing
    And then a kiss, but more than this
    I wish you love

And in July a lemonade
    To cool you in some leafy glade
    I wish you health
    But more than wealth
    I wish you love

http://youtu.be/GPVYqb7fPKY

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    Thanks for this Borat moment bro
    You are sexist, alidoremi

thanks a lot! love it!

to continue.....

He paused and added, “It seems that the Han Wang’an have sent out a team of people from Nanzheng of Ducheng who are expert in tracking in the wilderness to search for Master Xiang. Some of our people came back from Nanzheng and said that the two states of Zhao and Han already have secret meetings to discuss how to capture you.”

He took out a map from his sleeve and passed it to Xiang Shaolong, saying, “I drew this map personally over the last two days. It may be a little rough but I daresay that it’s generally correct.”

Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed. He got dressed and came down the bed, feeling more than half of his energy coming back. If he have another day’s rest, he’ll have higher confidence that he will be able to escape.

The two of them sat down at the corner of a table and opened up the map to study it.

Jing Nian pointed at a cross in the middle of the map and said, “This is our Jing family village. On the upper right corner at the northeast, about a hundred miles away is the Capital of Han, Nanzheng. Another 200 miles northeast from there, that’s the Capital of the state of Wei, Daliang.”

Xiang Shaolong said, “I’ll burn this map immediately after I’m done seeing it. Otherwise if someone else gets a hand on this map, they’ll know that you have been protecting me.”

Jing Nian’s expression changed slightly, for this is a point that he had never considered.

After Xiang Shaolong let Jing Nian explain in detail the river and mountain terrain drawn on the map, he kept the map and said, “It’s best that even Grandpa Nian doesn’t know my escape route, then you won’t be able to accidentally reveal anything and incur other people’s suspicions.”

Jing Nian nodded his head gladly.

Xiang Shaolong made the best use of time to rest and when he woke up, he memorized the map. After much thought and deliberation, he finally decided to take the risky route and go towards the Wei border before returning to the Sate of Zhao where he is most familiar with. After that he will travel west towards Tunliu and meet up with Huan Qi and he’ll be able to accomplish his grand plan of thousand miles escape.

Once he’s sure that he has remembered all the details on the map, he burned it.

After dinner, Xiang Shaolong decided to travel while it’s dark. Jing Nian has already prepared rations, water, clothes and also collected a small amount of money for him as well.

Most interestingly, Jing Xiong gave him a rabbit in a bamboo cage and explained, “This is a simple way to deal with the hounds. As hunting dogs are very sensitive to a rabbit’s scent, their scent can cover the scent emitted from a human body. If the hunting dogs sniff out the rabbit and come after you, just release the rabbit and let it lure the hunting dogs into a wild chase.”

Jing Nian added, “We’ve discussed, after Master Xiang leaves, we’ll abandon the village and move to the middle of the mountains to avoid trouble. Regarding Xiao Jun’s move to the State of Qin, some news have more or less leaked out. Since the officials have gone to the Shang family village, maybe they’ll find out about this so even if Master Xiang has never been here, they may still vent their anger on us.”

Xiang Shaolong felt apologetic and asked, “When do you plan to leave?”

Jing Nian replied, “We will delay no further. Once Master Xiang leaves we’ll pack up immediately and move.”

After bidding one another farewells, Xiang Shaolong carried the possible scapegoat, the rabbit and once again started on his escape journey.

Xiang Shaolong rode on the healthy horse that Jing Nian gave him and travelled a distance towards Daliang in the northeast. As he did not want the horse to be over exhausted, he stopped to let the horse rest.

He can still make out the lights and lanterns in the Jing family village a distant away.

This horse is very intuitive as it just breathed quietly on the plains, not making any whinnying sounds at all.

He plans to spend 3 days with this horse.

Once they pass the flat plains, he will go into the mountainous area on foot. That would be much safer.

Honestly, he does not believe that anyone will be able to follow him in a mountainous area.

But if not for the Jing family village offering him refuge and a chance to take a break as well as getting food, horse, bows and arrows and some necessities, the Hans may very well have caught up with him by now.

After all there is a limit to one’s endurance.

He can’t help but feel positive as he thought of the scene when he’s finally reunited with Teng, Jing and the rest, until his safe return to Xianyang to be welcomed by his beloved wife, maids and son.

Suddenly he could hear hoofbeats coming from the front.

Xiang Shaolong was alarmed as he flew up his horse and galloped up to the top of a nearby hill so that he can take a good look at the situation.

About 5 miles away, what looks like a fire dragon that was made up of torches was snaking its way here, their destination must likely to be the Jing family village.

Xiang Shaolong’s limbs went cold immediately.

thanks jean
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Thanks Jean

Thanks Jean.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks Jean

You're awesome Jean!! Thanks very much!

Gud demmit. Why the story is suddenly cut off?? :lol:

Thanks, Jean. Excellent work as always. You have the heart as pretty as Ji Yanran and Qin Qing combined.

to continue....

Jing Nian’s concern is not for nothing, the enemy has indeed gotten news from the Shang family village and knows that someone from the Jing family village has gone to Xianyang.

In this era there’s not a lot of people with the family name Jing and it’ll be easy to guess their way to Jing Jun and Jing Shan. Otherwise why would the enemy rush there in the night?

If Xiang Shaolong is a selfish person, he will run away with no hesitation at this very moment, the further he can run the better. But how can he escape by himself.

Just as he was feeling at a loss, he suddenly had an idea. He got hold of an opportunity and galloped towards a dense forest that the enemy must pass through to go to the Jing family village and took out his fire starter to start fire on several spots.

If it’s spring or summer, this plan would not have worked. But now the wind is blowing and the atmosphere is dry. The light from the stars illuminated the plains and in a short while the fire spread and thick smoke rushed up to the sky.

Not only can this fire prevent the enemy from moving forward, it can also convey a most powerful message to the people at the Jing family village and urge them to leave faster.

Xiang Shaolong was worried that they won’t run after him so he deliberately made the horse ran loudly and swiftly on the plains towards the northeast.

He’d rather lose his own life than to let anyone in the Jing family village come to any harm.

By the time it’s dawn the next day, Xiang Shaolong is still riding on the endless plains but he has already slowed down.

This time, he deliberately revealed his whereabouts to lure the enemy to ran after him so that they will have no time to deal with the people in Jing family village. If his opponent has expert trackers, this plan of his will be a very dangerous one.

From time to time he will come across rivers or streams in his way. Such pretty scenery which during normal circumstances is a feast to the eyes, have not become his obstacles instead.

Luckily right until now there’s no sight of the pursuing enemy. If such a situation continues, he will be able to safely reach the unpopulated mountainous areas at the Han and Wei border.

The Weis will never expect that instead of going west towards Qin, he’d actually travel east towards the Han border so they certainly won’t put up their guards there. By then he’ll be able to travel back to Tunliu via the Han border.

The horse is foaming at the mouth by now and Xiang Shaolong had no choice but to stop and stand guard at a high area to let the horse graze and drink at a small stream below the slope.

He has no appetite for food at all but to preserve his energy, he had no choice but to force himself to swallow two mouthfuls of dried meat.

The taste is actually not too bad.

These past few years, there were very little occasions for him to be roaming in the wilderness alone and he can’t help but think about his strange time travel encounter.

In a blink of an eye, it’s been seven years.

During these years, even those closest to him like Ji Yanran, Teng Yi etc does not know his secret. He can only keep this piece of earth shattering secret that he is actually from the 21st century deep in his heart.

As for Xiao Pan’s secret, there’s still Teng Yi and Wu Tingfang who knows.

He is very clear on what Xiao Pan’s fate will be, because Xiao Pan will become Emperor Qin, the one who built and unified China.

But he is totally unclear about his own fate.

Even the question of returning to Xianyang alive is an unknown right at this moment.

Just as he was pondering, he could hear hoof beats coming from afar again.

Xiang Shaolong was shocked and looking over, his countenance changed immediately.

first ha ha ha ha

just wanted to post first once , have not yet read the updates for quiet some time , have a lot of catching up to do

thanks a lot jean

ps and by the way just got married
    Last edited by tu22m3f1; 12-21-11 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tu22m3f1 View Post
    first ha ha ha ha

just wanted to post first once , have not yet read the updates for quiet some time , have a lot of catching up to do

thanks a lot jean

ps and by the way just got married
    congrats!!!

PPS: I'm also expecting baby no.2 in Jul next year, so u guys better home that I can finish the translation by then otherwise there might be a long and sporadic pauses by middle of the year. lol

Thanks and Congratulations Jean!!

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!
    "I may walk slowly but I'm walking forward"

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    congrats!!!

PPS: I'm also expecting baby no.2 in Jul next year, so u guys better home that I can finish the translation by then otherwise there might be a long and sporadic pauses by middle of the year. lol
    Double Congrats!

tu22m3f1

Congrats on your Marriage! Hope you have a Happy Family !

Jean second baby next year ! Wow....We will pray hard hoping all went well. I wish the mother and baby is healthy and have a happy delivery in July.

Congrats to you too!

Yeah! so much happy news! Congrats Jean and Tu22m3f1! Merry Christmas everybody!

Congratulations to both Jean and tu22m3f1!

And here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy 2012.

BTW Jean, if you're delivering mid-year, doesn't that mean you get free time at home....?

Quote Originally Posted by kohchun View Post
    BTW Jean, if you're delivering mid-year, doesn't that mean you get free time at home....?
    You obviously never had to deal with an infant.

CONGRATS to both Jean and tu22m3f1.

Thanks for all your hard work, Jean. Do let us know if the second one will be a boy or girl. Very exciting