Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Photography Lovers: Critique Service

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Ah, 999rose, we've found another fellow mood aficionado. So NuDafu, Do you like Wong Kar-wai?

Thank you. I've posted more than one photo to this thread, so would you mind telling me which one you were referring to?
    Wong Kar-wai? Sort of rings a bell, but can't place who you're referring to.

I'm referring to the 'Fall' photo from post #61.

Haha, NuDaFul, you do NOt know what you're missing. Watch Wong Kar Wai movies =)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5046&stc=1&d=121857257 3')

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    For instance in your photos above, the sailboat is right smack in the middle of the image, which is usually a compositional "no-no", but in this case it works because of the way the image is divided up by the horizon line and balanced between sun and sky, with the sailboat and the sun as the two focal points. The monochromatic color scheme also works to enhance this.

you comments are so accurate.
    Just the sun and the sea can be boring plus I did not alltogether folow the rule of thirds.

I sensed that when taking that shot. The sailboat was in view when I was about to take that shot, but I decide to wait(for 10 minutes) for the sailboat to move into the sunlight reflection. I was trying to break the monotony with the image of the boat(though somewhat tiny).
    I did cropped the picture so that the sun and the sailboat is at the thirds. The sunset mode certainly helped.
    I guess I did not do so badly from a scenery that is basically nothing.

As to the picture of the rainbow, I was just at the right place at the right trime. I cannot do too much except shoot from where I was.
    It worked with the rainbow seemimgly moving from one building to the other.
    I did cropped the picture somewhat to make the 2 side buildings and the bottom buildings less prominent.

Hi Han Solo,

Nice shot.
    Hope you do not mind that I resized your picture so we can more easily enjoy you beautiful shot.
    And this was taken with a p&s camera.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5050&stc=1&d=121874036 8')
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its photo I and my friend take when I go to Malaysia.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/P1010446.jpg')

Petronas Twin Towers has been the subject of many awesome photograph.

With your photo, i was wondering if depth perception is limiting its impact?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Petronas Twin Towers has been the subject of many awesome photograph.

With your photo, i was wondering if depth perception is limiting its impact?

Han Solo
    Yes, Its awesome photograph but I like this photo because I feel amazing about this tower
    Its the other photo about Petronas Twin Tower. My Friend take this in the bus. When She take this photo, weather is rain. Its beautifull
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Sillyana_photo/P1010427.jpg')
    Last edited by Sillyana; 08-25-08 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyana View Post
    Its the other photo about Petronas Twin Tower. My Friend take this in the bus. When She take this photo, weather is rain. Its beautifull
    Majestic effect!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

The photos that you and your friend took on the Petronas Towers were amazing.

I like it that you didn't capture the whole building with your camera, but took it at an angle. Makes the building much more conspicuous and emphasize the focus. The composition was outstanding.

The photo that your friend took was surprisingly amazing, since I thought no-one can take good pics from a bus. They usually come out blurry. That hue of the pic was beautiful, gave it a romantic and hi-tech feel. The rain-drops feel like special effect. Thought it was the work of some filters at first.

Interesting thread! And very nice photos posted up. Dr Han Solo's beautiful scenery was quite a stand-out. Loved the yellow flowers.

Time to restart this thread.

http://imgur.com/a/KRYM4

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control