Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Definetly a nice place to live! Beautiful city with very mild temperatures through out the year (although its cloudy alot). Considering a move there in 3 or 4 years when school is completely done...

To my fellow Canadian residents....have a great Thanksgiving Day tomorrow!
    lol...didnt realize how old this thread was at first...I was reading this like..what r u smoking...lol..
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Vancouver is a very beautiful city. I stayed in the Renaissance Hotel in downtown by the harbor and the view was grand. A gas station in the middle of the water.. that was a first. Plus the trees were starting to change color so it's was very nice to look at.

I just wished I had more time to check out the rest of Vancouver.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I am going there next month

Heard a lot about the Cantonese food.

Is Expressia's restaurant recommendations still current, or has the scene changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Expressia
    Food from Richmond:
    - Chinese restaurants: 順峰 Shun Feng Restaurant (at Parker Place) for dim sum, Sun Sui Wah 新瑞華 for Alaskan King Crab (best/cheapest in April)
    - Chinese mall food courts: Aberdeen Centre (Takoyaki, Snowflake ice 雪花冰, HK-style chicken wings 風沙雞翼, 雞蛋仔 etc.), Yaohan Centre (congee shop, curry, Hainan chicken rice 海南雞飯 etc), Parker Place (HK-style sets, bubble tea, 雞蛋仔)
    - Taiwanese bubbletea: Best in town - 花生米 bubbletea stall in Public market, Pearl Castle teahouse (great set meals under $10), Well Tea, @ Ease
    - Japanese: Ajisen Ramen (in Parker Place), Ebisu, Yaohan supermarket to-go sushi...
    - Shanghai/Northern-style: Northern Delicacy (in Aberdeen Centre), Ju: (in Richmond Square)
    - Malaysian/Thai - Tropika (in Aberdeen Centre)
    - Richmond Night market Food Fair
    - Fisherman's wharf: typical western seafood
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Vancouver was AWESOME. Great city for outdoor activities. Loved Stanley Park and the Seawall.

Unfortunately, I only got to try one supposedly good Chinese restaurant (Ho Yuen Kee), and it wasn't any better than a typical Chinese restaurant in a major city. I have to go on a food tour next time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My sister lived there. Great place. But gangterism is an issue. She told me while civilians are never/seldom targeted, sometimes one get a bit worried when there are clashes. The Vietnam gangs are very fearsome, and in fact controlled many Chinese restaurants.