Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Topics/Ideas/Suggestions for major english paper?

Default Any Topics/Ideas/Suggestions for major english paper?

okay, so my FIRST ever 10-page COLLEGE paper is due uh, in like 3 weeks and i can write on whatever i want basically..except idk what so i was hoping some of u guys can help me out! a topic with looooots of references n info. please..or something i can go on n on about
    any help is much appreciated ^^
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

How about corruption in countries?

I think in an open topic like this, choose something you are passionate about and have some prior knowledge. That's what a lazy person (me) would do.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Whoa you're lucky. We're never allowed to write about ANYTHING at all. Yeah pick something that interests you.

If it was up to me, I would do a semiotic analysis of a movie or photograph, but that's just me, I like to tear apart things and analyze them.

Something argumentative is always easier to defend in your thesis.

How about writing a literary analysis on a book like Moby Dick, I'm sure you can write a lot on that book. Or you can choose two short novels with similar themes and analyze the author's style of writing. Compare and contrast, how the authors dealt with particular themes or issues in their book.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

english class, i guess you should write some sort of analysis of literature (pretty easy), or some sort of discussion on certain controversial topic (again not too bad). 10 page paper is pretty long, longest paper i've written was 16 pages and it was a pain in the ***. Although it does feels really weird that they don't have some sort of guided topic or style of writting for you, normally they want a specific type of discussion so that it can be graded on some sort of template. But maybe your class is different.

I was you, I would write about Buffy. There is a lot of stuff to write about in Buffy.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Whoa you're lucky. We're never allowed to write about ANYTHING at all. Yeah pick something that interests you.
    sometimes too much choice makes things harder.

as yearning said, tearing apart a movie is a good option for an english paper. Alternatively novels, poetry, although i think films are either. You could also do a comparative study e.g. between two texts exploring similar issues a different way, or one text as a subversion or appropriation of the other.

10 pages? is there a kind of word limit on that I mean, 10 pages double spaced is not quite the same as a normal 10 pages.

Man, sometimes I wish essays would write itself, then I wouldn't have to do it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Because you're one of the Spcnetters, why not using it to your advantage:

- Introduction to wuxia
    - Actor/actresses idolization on the Internet
    - Behavioral research on how human react in the heated Internet forum discussion.

there a lots can be written, just let your imagination running while

Actually its not all that hard, there are lots of idea to write about. Start with the basics in writing on what you desire to write about; like debates topics, life in general, your ethnicity, etc. You should be very lucky to write 10pgs, while I got like 50pgs to write, so enjoy it.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

this is easy just say u are writing about ur dream then just write about any random thing
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Write about why we should leave Britney Spears alone?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Write about why we should leave Britney Spears alone?
    Something tells me being sissy isn't imthatlady's thing.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Something tells me being sissy isn't imthatlady's thing.

No, it could be a serious paper on why society should ignore Britney Spears and how media hype can bring serious attention and fame/infamy to any normal Joe/Jane in the right/wrong place and time.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Ah that's actually a good topic, say like william hung?

Member of TC fanclub.

Hey Imthatlady,

From the previous posts, I think your more like the Debate rebel type, so go with what you know and have passion about it. There are many countless of things that make-up what is you today. You can write about that, what frustrates you and does entering the new college environment adjustment has changed the same.

Most people are freshmen write about this, in getting a good handle at things.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Hey Imthatlady,

From the previous posts, I think your more like the Debate rebel type, so go with what you know and have passion about it. There are many countless of things that make-up what is you today. You can write about that, what frustrates you and does entering the new college environment adjustment has changed the same.

Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

ah, i hear a couple of literature analysis..but i can't do that. i actually have essay of about 700-1000 words on lit. analysis due next week
    Actually its not all that hard, there are lots of idea to write about. Start with the basics in writing on what you desire to write about; like debates topics, life in general, your ethnicity, etc. You should be very lucky to write 10pgs, while I got like 50pgs to write, so enjoy it.
    what? 50 pages!?!? how is that possible! -_-
    Hey Imthatlady,

debate rebel type? ....i fail to see how i'm a debate rebel type! it's a debate forum n there's alwys 2 sides..i'm just the opposite!
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    sometimes too much choice makes things harder.

as yearning said, tearing apart a movie is a good option for an english paper. Alternatively novels, poetry, although i think films are either. You could also do a comparative study e.g. between two texts exploring similar issues a different way, or one text as a subversion or appropriation of the other.

10 pages? is there a kind of word limit on that I mean, 10 pages double spaced is not quite the same as a normal 10 pages.
    i don't get how u "tear apart a movie".. can u guys elaborate on that?
    i also have a comparative essay due too so i can't do that.. -__-
    and no word limit for this one..

<3 them.

When I mean debate rebel; referring to you can be very extreme with certain topic or main points. Not in this case, as for the 50pgs, lets just say your very lucky; later on I will be doing 100pgs. So far your just beginning, while I am about ending.

oh LOL. okay thanks. sorry for the misunderstanding!

BUT WTF? HOW CAN ONE WRITE A 50 PAGE PAPER??? that's basically a book..! WTF WTF WTF I HATE WRITING!

<3 them.