Thread: So glad Chen Zhen didn't live to see this

Default So glad Chen Zhen didn't live to see this

I think it's funny.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I watched the first minute (w/out sound) and was like, what's going on? It's funny in a strange way that borders scary.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

If anyone remembers any of the old VHS covers for ATV series from the 80s, then this may bring back memories since those covers had odd(and scary to an extent) designs and pictures.

I was more laughing at the video than with the video for the lack of a better term. IMHO, that was like cheesy HK disco style to the extreme.
    Plus if you put it in context, this was the second sequel to the "Legendary Fok" and sequel to "The Fists." Both were very serious and intense works, this clip was just so weird and off tone.

Never saw the 1980s ATV series cover arts. What did they look like? Were they like carcatures? Please don't tell me the cover arts for series like "Princess Cheung Ping" and "Dynasty" were caricatures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    I was more laughing at the video than with the video for the lack of a better term. IMHO, that was like cheesy HK disco style to the extreme.
    Plus if you put it in context, this was the second sequel to the "Legendary Fok" and sequel to "The Fists." Both were very serious and intense works, this clip was just so weird and off tone.

Never saw the 1980s ATV series cover arts. What did they look like? Were they like carcatures? Please don't tell me the cover arts for series like "Princess Cheung Ping" and "Dynasty" were caricatures!!!
    I never saw the VHS cover for this but usually, ATV VHS covers from back in the 80s had one of the most random pictures ever on the cover and another more random picture on the back. Like this one series about police investigators had a big random picture on the back of them enjoying noodles with the front showing a pose in a funny way. It's no wonder people I know chose TVB series over ATV when they just looked at the covers for the VHS.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

funny clip.....hilarious actually.....but who is Chen Zhen? the only Chen Zhen I know is Hua Yuan Jia's disciple....i dont think he has anything to do with this tho

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    funny clip.....hilarious actually.....but who is Chen Zhen? the only Chen Zhen I know is Hua Yuan Jia's disciple....i dont think he has anything to do with this tho
    That's the one we're talking about. He was the main character who died in the end of The Fist, which is the sequel to Legendary Fok. The series that the clip is from is the sequel to The Fist.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

oooh...i see.....hehe...i should say the only Chen Zhen i know is Hua Yuan Jia's disciple from Jet Li's Fist of Legend.....never saw the classics i thought you were talking about director or producer or something like that.....thanx anyway