Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

Cute article. Thanks again for the translation , exadel! I wish I had language skills like you! I hope Xiezhi's dream of acting in a movie comes true. He really does have the talent, screen prescence and unique looks to branch out into movies.

bonniec1 i totally agree with you. She have good translation skills. And as for Xie Zhi, he really can act!! that's one of the points that i like Xie Zhi and 56!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/Monday56p3.jpg')

After 6 years, 56 finally came to HK for the first time. Their HK fans waited for them for a long time, and some even thought that they favoured the China market but actually 56 had their own difficulties over this.

Xiezhi: 56 is different from other groups in that every member is also an individual. We only come together as 56 when we release albums.

Renfu: We are sorry that the HK fans had to wait so long. This album took a long time to be released because we wanted a breakthrough in our music. But after releasing the album, we hardly spent any time at home due to our promo activities because we wanted to spend more time meeting our fans.

Reporter: However, a lot of people think that 56 is already over and often compare 56 with Farenheit and Lollipop. They even used the most unpleasant words to describe 56. But 56 does not seem to be bothered by these.

Shaowei: We never think about the other boybands. Our own development and changes are more important. Fans may suddenly like something new and refreshing. But more importantly is how we plan our future so that our future is more stable and we can last longer.

Renfu: Though we don't really understand the other groups, but 56 can be a role model with our positive attitude and responsiblity to our work. We also hope that the other groups with become better.

Xiezhi: It is quite meaningless to keep comparing ourselves with others. We just hope that what we do today is better than what we had done previously.

Mengzhe: It is a good sign that there are more and more groups in year 2007. Whatever the genre of the groups, it is pointless to compete with each other to death. 56 only wish to make our fans happy and contribute to society.

New plans for the new year.

Renfu: Although we thought about holding a concert, but there are no concrete plans for it at the moment. We hope that after the new year, we can discuss with the company on our future developments. Maybe not a concert but a composite performance, perhaps even a stage play of some sort like a grand performance.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/Monday56p4.jpg')

56 said that after becoming celebrities, they spent less and less time with their family even on those important festivals. So the reporter asked them for their unforgetable Chinese New Year experience.

Shaowei: Last new year, I spent 2 weeks of holiday with my father and mother in New York and Canada. Very unforgetable because I am usually too busy with work to keep them company. This year I will bring them to a sunny place for a holiday.

Renfu: I don't really know how to play mahjong but during one new year I played mahjong with my family. I told them that I am very lousy but they said "nevermind" because they just want to win my money. That day, I really wanted to win some money but I just kept losing. After the game, they said to me "When you gambled with your mother, you deliberately lost the games so that she can always win. You are such a filial child." But I really wanted to win but I just can't. Actually I feel very happy just to be able to play mahjong, eat and chitchat with my family.

Mengzhe: Most unforgetable was one new year when everything was very rushed. The whole family first rushed to my father's place to eat, then went home to eat, and then at about 11pm that night, we drove to our old hometown in Tainan to eat. We ate at 3 different places in just one night!

Xiezhi: I am someone who don't remember festivals. I only get the Lunar New Year festive mood when I was young. After growing up, I feel that LNY is just a tradition, a formality and I do not have any special feelings for LNY.

56 said that they don't put money in the red packets. Instead, they will put their CDs, air tickets package, exchange coupons, etc in the angpows for family members. New father, Renfu said that besides family members, he will also give angpows to friends. Wow, he is so generous now that he has a daughter.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/Monday56p5.jpg')

The End.

According to the fan at baidu who posted this article, this small picture is at a corner of the cover page. So if you are thinking of getting a copy of this "新Monday" magazine, look out for this picture on the cover.

Btw, thanks for the compliments but my language skills aren't that great. I can understand most of the Chinese words but sometimes I just can't find the exact English translation. But I will definitely ensure that the actual meaning is not lost in my translation.

Thanks thanks once again exadel for translating the article. O ya. Where can i purchase the magazine? And what's the title of the magazine? Thanks

pat/clare, Most newstands in Singapore sell Chinese magazines so you can check them out. I have seen this magazine in one of the bookstores at Bras Basah Complex and Ang Mo Kio but I am not sure if this issue is available yet. Or you may want to check out Kinokuniya which carries quite a wide range of Chinese magazines.

This magazine is called "新Monday" where 新 = New, or you can ask for "xing" Monday.

Thanks for the translation, exadel. haha. . .renfu's stories always so good. . .first he awestruck people with his romantic valentines and now such an adorable story about lny.

xiezhi doesn't seem like a holiday person. . .never likes to share stories about his holidays with us. XD
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Thanks for the HK magazine translation, exadel!

Yeah, the other members of 56 have stories to tell but Xiezhi doesn't seem like a person who is really into holidays-I guess it has to do with his own family situation-being an only child of a single parent. I can understand since I have a similar family situation like Xiezhi.

I think Renfu and Shaowei are not the only children, but I am not sure about Mengzhe.
    Last edited by bonniec1; 02-24-08 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks exadel. I've found out that kinikuniya carries this magazine. But the issue which has 56 one haven't reach SG. They told me that this sat will arrive.

I agree with cinimon. Xie Zhi at some times is quite secretive about his holidays and didn't like to share much about it.

I just noticed that the article didn't list Mo Jian or Full Count in the list of TV series Xiezhi's starred in. I wonder why? Mo Jian did quite well in China.

bonniec1 Meng Zhe has a sister. But i can't remember is elder than him or younger tham him already.

pat/clare, Thanks for letting me know that the magazine has not arrived in SG yet. At least I don't have to waste my time searching for it this week.

Btw, this is a 8 Feb 08 issue and it has big pictures of SHE and Fahrenheit on its cover, and 56 at one corner. The magazine also left out SNTGD and Lucky Strike from Xiezhi's hosting jobs, guess their information is outdated.

Shaowei has an older brother, 2 nephews and an older sister. Renfu has a younger brother. Mengzhe has an older sister.

I think Xiezhi doesn't go on holidays with his mom. Instead, he usually goes on holidays with DXQ so he can't share his stories with us. I remembered an old news report (sometime year 2004?) where he was caught returning from Japan with DXQ and his mom was quite furious when she found out about that.

pat/clare, I was at Bras Basah Complex just now and I managed to get a copy of the "新Monday" magazine (from Music Book Room at 1st level near the escalator). It is Vol. 384, 08-02-08 issue and the main magazine has an orange cover page with a round mouse pad pasted on the cover. The front cover of the supplementary magazine has SHE, Fahrenheit and 56 pictures and Mike He is on the back cover. It costs S$4.

yeah. . .can't share gf stories with us, la. Though I think both last year and this year, xiezhi claimed to visit his mum during lny. Though I do agree about the small family thing,. . .not very exciting. . .probably just dinner with his mum. I imagine it is extremely quiet and so not much to share.

. . .when will xiezhi get that volleyball team family he always wanted?! XD haha. . .though I wonder if he is able to handle so many people in his home. I mean managing his fellow jstar siblings is easy cuz they go to different homes at night. Handling a family full of kids is another thing. . .never get a private or quiet moment. He better marry a wife who is extremely good with kids.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Clips of the China program 周日我最大 shown on Sunday:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3MMMcuhxVo
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hV80WpB1g
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dbkhf7EayY
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRSp339Czw
    Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsBikJdgya0
    Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQppkCFl0k

I don't think there is Part 7 because the last segment was already shown earlier in Dec 07 where they were spun round and round if their answers are not good enough:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9YjJFxCe-Q
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfCs...eature=related

According to the fans who were at the live recording, Xiezhi at first refused to do the marriage proposal segment and his 56 buddies had to drag him out. He was very shy and kept saying "I can't do it, I can't". Before doing the marriage proposal, he told the audience that what he is going to say next will be what he will say in future.
    Last edited by exadel; 02-25-08 at 09:42 PM.

O...okie. Thanks exadel. But that place i doesn't know how to go. I guess i'll go for the expensive one which is at kinokuniya. At least i know how to take the train down. Anyway thanks.

I remember Xie Zhi said before that his mother is very particular in having dinner at CNY eve. To her it is important. No wonder Xie Zhi doesn't like to talk about his holidays.

I agree with you, Cinnamon. He may not have realized that there won't be much private time left for himself if he has a lot of kids or even one kid.

Just curious, does anyone know if the other members of 56 finished University? I know Xiezhi didn't go and completed military training instead.

shaowei finished. . .major in communications, I believe. mz not done with high school yet. . .renfu's education is a mystery to me. I know he is pretty smart but don't really know how far he went with his education. Anyone know and want to share would be awesome. XD

Yes, Shaowei is the only one with university education. Renfu was from 华冈艺术学校 (Hua Gang Arts School - my own translation) and I think he majored in Drama. Lots of celebrities graduated from that school because it offers performing arts courses. I think the qualification is equivalent to high school.

Actually, 56 did mention their educational qualification in this show: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZWA9aK-6b3M/. Quite cute as the female contestant in this game show is crazy over Xiezhi.

All except Mengzhe have completed their military service. One way for male celebrities to delay military service is to stay in school longer.