Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

56 was at an awards show tonight, and here are the tudou clips:
    Red carpet: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SVcKauKzuJI/
    Interview: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/P-fiZ_rEO0Y/
    56 introduction: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lFQ3ZLexaSk/
    Award presentation: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/HSRC9pRUdwA/

Finally, 56 co-ordinates the colour and style of their suits so they look good together this time. In case you can't view the tudou clips, you can also watch the award presentation here: http://v.sohu.com/20080301/n255461386.shtml

Here are the youtube clips:
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNTfmlW5W_M
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuo-xD9DauM
    Last edited by exadel; 11-27-11 at 02:48 AM. Reason: added youtube clips

Great photos of last night's event. Xiezhi looking like a mafia boss at the airport and very clear shots of them at the award ceremony.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332147158
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332155332
    Last edited by exadel; 03-02-08 at 01:09 AM.

I love Xiezhi's picture on the MV version of Bravo. Very intense! They all look very nice in their suits in the awards presentation. I am glad they are not wearing their two promo outfits! Even though both outfits are nice, I was a little tired of seeing them wear them to every show they were appearing in.

Though they were not wearing their promo outfits since this is an awards ceremony, but the suit that Xiezhi wore was the same as the one on the poster that comes with the Singapore pre-order version.

Here's a clip of yesterday's wangyu on Xiezhi's talk at the university : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0DIeZp8GnQ

[SIZE=3]Exadel, I’ve bought the HK magazine already! It cost $4.80 in kinokuniya bookstall. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]And thanks for the clips of the award presentation, XZ’s talk in the university and the info for the China version of Bravo album was sold in SG. I’m curious of how he answered the questions that the students asked. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I really really hope his mother will soon know that she is seriously hurting her own son through all her entries in her blog. Poor XZ. He is like the peanut butter in a sandwich. Between his mother and DXQ. Just hope that everything will get better as soon as possible.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]O…Ya… Can anyone help me to translate his mother’s blog entry? I’m curious of what kind of harsh words did she use to criticize DXQ. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]bonniec1 I agree with you. I’m abit tired of that 2 suits too![/SIZE]
    Last edited by pat/clare; 03-02-08 at 02:13 AM.

56 finally wear something new at their meet-the-fans session in Shanghai today. Except for Shaowei, the rest wore the suits in the Roaming China MV.

You can see the pictures here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332619904. Do scroll down because the pictures did not appear in the first few posts. The photos are not sharp because fan had to lift her camera high up so her hands are shaking when taking the shots. I am sure there will be more photos later.

pat/clare, Things at Kinokuniya are usually more expensive but then it has a wider range of products. I must check if the store carries the China magazines that 56 appears on, very difficult to find China magazines in SG.

Just realised that the notes 56 had written to their fans are not included in the revised Bravo version that I had, but the CDs sold in China had them.
    Last edited by exadel; 11-27-11 at 02:49 AM.

I'm wondering if XZ's mum is for the success or collapse of 56 ?? It's tough enough handling bewildering hate fan mail from netizens but what should one do if it comes from a very close source ? Besides sliming DXQ , she's also targeting at the unity of 56 for which they have become reknowned. Indeed, people's memories are short lived when it comes to expressing gratitude. She's forgotten that SZ is the one who gave XZ a 2nd chance at stardom and XZ has made good on that opportunity. Even if SZ should prove to be a tougher boss than most other managers, the credit for his investment in XZ and even 56 can't be minimized. I really pray that XZ and 56 will get to see the silver lining after the storms very soon and become stronger and more united than ever.

Agreed. And I think it was in one of the Lucky Strike episodes that XZ said that it doesn't really bother him if other people or the press attacks him. However, he will be hurt if the attacks are from a family member. Jin Weng then said that she notices XZ always become moody after getting a call from his mother. She then looked into the camera and said (something like that) "Sun Ma, don't worry. Your son is a very good boy, he is very obedient and sensible."

More blur photos of yesterday's autograph session in Shanghai:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332891538
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332988008

They are all very stylish this time, but Xiezhi is always the most conservatively attired among them.

Here are the written notes by 56 to their fans that are included in the new Bravo CD, which I didn't get http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332613596

Xiezhi's note (post #1):

Thanks to all the fans of 56 and Xiezhi for supporting us all these years. Time flies so fast. In a twinkling of the eye, I have already entered showbiz for 13 years. Next, I will continue with my usual working attitude - "perseverence". I will participate in more activities that can contribute to the society and to help more people. I hope everyone will work hard with me and accept everything with a joyful attitude and to live each and every day with gratitude.

(XZ is so noble and has such a good and positive attitude, hope he applies what he said to himself)

Renfu's note (post #2)

Sorry! We have let you wait for so long. Because of your support, we are here now! Thank you for your support, encouragement and "bravo" (renfu used the title of their album but I think the word "applause" is more appropriate here). We are always very touched whenever we perform on stage. Thank you! All the hard work are for you! I will work hard to give you the perfect performance! Thank U so much!

Shaowei's note (post #3) - his handwriting is a little difficult to decipher at times but I will try my best to translate it.

Thank you everyone! For this round of promotions, I am very happy to have the chance to travel to so many places to meet all of you. My heart is filled with warmth and I am very touched to see so many passionate fans supporting me. Thank you for giving me a reason to carry on. I will adjust myself in the future. Besides giving you good products, I would prefer to share with you my thoughts and how I handle myself and interact with others. I think this is more meaningful to me and is my next phase of life. I love you and thank you for supporting me!

(XZ and SW sounds like 2 old men who had gained enlightenment )

Mengzhe's note (post #4) - remember how the rest loves to tease him about his childish handwriting. Words a bit blur, will try my best.

Thank you everyone for supporting us all these while. Really hope that everyone had been diligent all these years (not too sure about this 2nd sentence, maybe someone else can help translate.). I believe that there will be better things for us to embrace in the following years. Jia You! People become great because they have dreams. So, let's all work towards our dreams.

wow! Lots of updates. Thanks so much for the translation and info. Xiezhi definately looks good in all those outfits. Black on black suits him well. ^^

I totally agree with you, Jules. Sometimes I fear that too many people think only two dimensionally. They only consider the work relationship with one another and ignore feelings and other experiences that build up a relationship. I recall keep reading posts of fans saying 56 should abandon SZ for their own good. . .but that is only work-wise. . .what about their friendship? Being together for 6 years, it's hard to say that the only thing between them is work and nothing else. I feel that if xiezhi were to do that he would be very cold in my heart.

As for his mum. . .I think the main problem is the person with that relationship is xiezhi and not her. . .so it is harder for her to understand why xiezhi doesn't choose to do what's best for his career. To her. . .the other's feelings and effects doesn't matter so I can understand why she can say such things. It is frustrating, from her perspective, to not be able to convince her son to do what's best for him. So she wants to use the web to convince others to agree with her and hopefully more agreement would convince if not force her son. In that mindset, she IS in fact doing what she thinks is best for him. However, from another perspective. . .she seem to be looking at his life in a very flat forward and backward line that isn't neccessarily realistic in today's world. I don't agree with what she is doing but I do feel for her. It is sad to feel lonely and misunderstood for everyone in the situation.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

exadel, thanks so the updates and translations! So the handwritten notes are only available in China with the new cd? Hopefully Yesasia will have a China version. Xiezhi has such neat handwriting! Mengzhe's is childish, but I think it is cute. Shaowei has the most xiaosha (carefree?) handwriting out of all of them.

I agree with you Cinnamon, I think Xiezhi's mom's point of view is solely focused on helping her son so she doesn't take into account anything or anyone else but instead of helping him, her actions are only making her look bad to the public.

Thanks exadel for the translation. I'm wondering whether in anywhere in SG other than the popular CD shops, is there anywhere that sells this version too?
    Totally agree with you both exadel and Jules. Just prey that one day his mother will jua wu. And won't be like this.
    I must admit. Although i'm a fan of 56 and i supported them since they entertain the entertainment circle, but i didn't know much about their ba guoa xin wen.

Well said, everyone. That is why I like this forum because the fans here are rational and sensible people!

Ok, the pictures of the autograph session posted here are clearer and sharper. Btw, I really like Shaowei's outfit, he is finally looking like a supermodel with such stylish clothes:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332945715
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=333066461

The Shanghai fans had just sent off 56 at the airport. Renfu is returning to TW alone whilst the rest are travelling to Harbin. Someone asked about the Bravo promos and Xiezhi said the promos could continue until before the Olympics and the next stop is probably Nanjing. And the breaking news - Xiezhi is in talks for a role in a show. Hope the fans heard him correctly and hope things work out fine if this is really true. But I will hold back my excitement until the news is confirmed by Jstar.

pat/clare, The new CD is also available at Sembawang Music Stores.

exadel, is the version selling in sanbawang the copy that you have?

Quote Originally Posted by pat/clare View Post
    exadel, is the version selling in sanbawang the copy that you have?
    Yes and it costs $20.90. The size of this new album is not as big as the original version.

Shaowei's outfit is very different and stylish- very nice. I am keeping my fingers crossed about Xiezhi taking on a new show. Can't wait to see him in another series (hopefully in a leading role).

Thanks exadel for the info.
    Glad to hear that XZ is going for a new show! i'm interested of what kind of show is it...

Here's a very short news clip of 56 at the Shanghai autograph session: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/aY27Wfyz4FE/. It is not the first time that they spoke of holding a concert in China, so hope they are really working towards having one this year.

Besides XZ being in talks for a new show, the fans managed to find out that Renfu has nothing new in the pipeline and Shaowei will most likely stop hosting the China variety show, Zhong Yi Qi Bin.

56 is featured in a Shanghai papers today, click here to see the article: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=333768548. Brief translation:

The 4 members of 56 are currently in Shanghai to promote their new album. Though they had always being regarded as the representative of "台客 Tai Ke" (tai ke refers to Taiwanese with out-dated fashion sense) but 56 thinks otherwise and asked "Do you think that our dressing is old-fashioned?" In truth, they are not fashionable but neither are they like country bumpkins. The youngest member Mengzhe has the cutest look, Renfu's eyelashes are very long, Xiezhi is more cool and Shaowei has an honest look.

Renfu felt it is a pity that they did not watch the Bjork concert that was held on 2 March. If they had known about it, they would have tried to attend the concert. He said that "tai ke" is not so old-fashioned, 56 actually loves Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Bon Jovi!

Question: Are you unhappy being voted by the Taiwanese youth as a representative of "tai ke" (other tai ke representatives are Dee Hsu, Wu Bai, etc).
    RF: Why would we be unhappy?
    XZ: It is just like New York Ke (纽约客)
    MZ: Yes, just like (HK) gong zai (港仔)
    SW: We are very proud of this. In the beginning, "tai ke" is not a degrading term but now it has become synonymous wth being old-fashioned.

Question: What is your role in 56?
    XZ: I am the leader so I plan everything such as to tell them what to bring, what are we supposed to do next.
    RF: I will try my best not to do follow his instructions e.g. I will deliberately not bring the things he asked, ha ha! (With of his long eyelashes, RF had been chosen as the look to copy for those undergoing plastic surgery).
    MZ: My speciality is to have a blank look (放空 fang kong). (RF immediately revealed "his mouth is very formidable. Usually, he doesn't talk much but he can freeze us once he opens his mouth. E.g. if I were talking about MZ with the other 2 guys, he will suddenly say something surprising and none of us can win the verbal battle.")
    SW: If I must really think of something, then my role would be to let others feel that our team is very childish. (oh please, you look the "oldest").

Question: Recently, what are the usual questions that reporters ask you?
    RF: They will ask when will we disband or compare us with other groups. (No one asked about Edison Chen? MZ said "They do ask but since we do not know him so we can only express our own views.")

Question: If you were given one type of superpower, what do you wish for?
    XZ: To be able to move around in a flash.
    RF: To become a woman because I want to know how they think. Whenever I converse with a woman, I always find that our points of views are very different.
    SW: (after much thinking) I hope I will never die but I also wish to be very happy. (XZ retorted "Not possible, if you don't die you will feel very sad when all your family members die." SW "Oh yes, but can I live forever and be very happy at the same time?" RF mocked him "Forget it, forget it. Why not say that you will never die, and let those people close to you be very happy." XZ also jokingly said "The best is for those people who are within 1 km of you to be able to feel very happy."

Question: RF already had a daughter with girlfriend Jiqin. When will you get married?
    RF (shyly) "I already have marriage plans. I hope to have my wedding at a small island and I will only invite friends and relatives. They can then have a holiday there and we can also treat it as our honeymoon. ("Won't you have to spend a lot of money?" "But a wedding is only for once a lifetime." "Will you invite the other 3 guys?" "Of course!" "Will you ask them for red packets?" "Of course and the amount should not be less than a 5-figure RMB sum!" MZ who had been very quiet throughout then said "Dream on! It should be 5 numbers after the decimal point." SW said cheekily "Oh, I thought you are referring to msg (pronunication of 味素=msg, food seasoner is the same as 位数=numbers). XZ added "Then that's no problem, we can give you 3 trunks!"

The End

56 loves to talk nonsense during their interviews
    Last edited by exadel; 03-05-08 at 09:26 PM.