Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

When I stumbled on 56 about the time they came on the scene, I've always enjoyed their humorous banter with each other. Even if they don't plan any other agenda on their appearances, just hearing their funny dialog can keep me entertained for hours.

haha. . .thanks. They are nonsensical. . .but so entertaining at the same time. XD Renfu is so greedy. . .next thing he'll make sure all his wedding expenses be paid by the jungiery company by calling it a company event. I wonder if either jiqin or he will post up pictures of their wedding on their blog when it happens. . .it sure would be nice. Extremely happy for them. . .hopefully everything goes smoothly and he'll be able to get married this year like he wants. ^^
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Yeah- I think the idea to make the wedding a company event sounds very much like something Renfu would do! They are so funny during interviews.

Renfu does have very long eyelashes and always looks the prettiest in dressed up like a girl! Such nice pale, smooth skin too! I always thought he wore eyeliner until I read somewhere that he said his mother used to cut his lashes short when he was young so they would be thick.

Xiezhi usually seems the most serious out of the group but I think he is a little more laid back now.
    Last edited by bonniec1; 03-05-08 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add sentence

Pictures of 56 (without Renfu) at the recording for a show in Harbin. These photos are taken by Shaowei's fan so the focus is on him http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=334392649.

Yeah, they wore new outfits again. Shaowei is very stylish, Xiezhi is again the most conservatively dressed, but Mengzhe's shirt

Urm...exadel, the links that you provided, is there any article attached to the photoes???
    BTW thanks again for the info about the selling of the album in SG...i wonder is there any place which sells the copy with the notes that 56 wrote for the China fans???

You mean the link to the photos for the Harbin show? There aren't any articles because the pictures are taken by Shaowei's fans who went for the live recording. The text in that forum page are just the fans chatting about how shuai is Shaowei and a fan saying that she gave him a drawing done by her.

I doubt that we can get the notes that 56 wrote to the fans if the revised album is released by Warner Singapore. Only chance is if the shop imports the album direct from China.

Actually i know a shop which imports the original version albums but it doesn't import this revise version of this album....haiz

There are pictures of 56 in another issue of the HK "New Monday" magazine. These are autographed photos of 56 taken when they did that earlier interview.

Mengzhe is really a child at heart, see how he "spoilt" his own photo. Ha, wonder why Shaowei is so vain and egoistic in HK, always calling himself "hou leng zai - very handsome guy". Funny, but he never praise himself as much when he is in other countries.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/HKmag2Feb08.jpg')

Not worth buying the magazine as these are the only pictures and they occupy only about a third of the last page. Actually, my scanned copy is slightly bigger and clearer than the original image.
    Last edited by exadel; 03-07-08 at 04:20 AM.

haha. . .I think it is an ongoing joke for him that the only thing he can really say in cantonese is his name and that he is a "very hansome guy." But then he messed it up during first introductions so he kept repeating it each time to show he could say it right and somehow became the "thing" to say. Probably makes himself laugh each time he says it.

XD MZ's draw-over of himself reminds me of fei ge! haha, I hope he's not planning on adopting that look. >_<

O_o my gosh! xiezhi looks sooo young in those pic. . .like he's in his teens!!! Especially the ones where they are all standing together. Now people can't really call him xiezhi-ge anymore. . .would look so awkward. XD XD XD
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 03-07-08 at 02:49 PM.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

No article with the pics this time? I won't look for it then. Anyways, Shaowei's Cantonese is hilarious. Everytime he says he is a 'ho laing zai' he breaks up laughing. Yeah- Mengzhe's draw over does remind me of Fei Ge. Maybe it is a look he's aiming for....

Xiezhi looks so young in the pics! Maybe we have to call him Xiezhi di-di now.

More pictures of 56 at the Harbin show: http://snow0120.blogbus.com/logs/16518654.html

This person says that he/she? is not a 56 fan but had watched their variety shows and series, so still happy to see them in person. During the recording of this Harbin show, both she and her friend felt that Xiezhi is the best.

Captions at 1st series of pix: Overall, she felt that the host is even more "big-shot" than 56 and the things he said are very "cold". It was actually 56 who had to build up the atmosphere and brought much laughter to the show. Of course, the 56 fans also helped to make the show fun. She felt that 56 is very easy-going and has no airs and they behave very naturally in front of their fans. When it is time to sing, they will sing and when it is time to play, they will play whole-heartedly.

Caption at Xiezhi pix: He has a serious expression throughout and is very co-operative during the recording. When he smiles, you will see his row of neat white teeth, and when he talks, there will always be applause. His singing is very good and he has clear diction so much so that my friend is now able to sing "bai se hua yang" at the end of this show.

Caption at Mengzhe pix: We were deceived by his looks so we supported him for the first half of the show as we thought he looks plump and cute. But later, we realised that he is a little dumb and has a blank look for most of the time, so we switched to supporting Xiezhi instead (must be some kind of game).

Caption at Shaowei pix: Has good physique and tends to move with the music. Once my friend laughed loudly and he gave us a puzzled look probably wondering what are we laughing about. As we are not fans of 56, we don't have to worry about our image in front of them.

Recording is not smooth with about 2 retakes for some segments. The whole recording took more than 5 hours to complete but I am looking forward to the telecast of this show. The fans are professional and cooperative and the director is very pleased as the atmosphere for this show is the best so far.

It is always nice to hear good comments about 56 from non-fans. Btw, this person has more photos which she will post them up later so you may want to check out this site again.

Yeah, SXZ looks younger now as compared to his previous photos from MVP Valentine (never seen the film itself). Back then people oni wanted to watch the film coz of him.. hehe :P
    I recall listening to a Hokkien song by him and another Taiwanese singer. It was gooooooddddd!! It had occurred to me that there wouldnt be any 5566 without him, since there aren't many songs sung by solo 5566 artistes, perhaps with the exception of Renfu. I dont know if Shaowei sang one, since he's more with 183 club. But in the Magicians of Love, recall him speaking in Canto. (response to bonniec1)
    @Cinnamon: Ur right, Mengzhe is "probably" a devout supporter of the Fei Ge - show.. hahaha~~
    But I agree with exadel on Mengzhe having 'blank' look, but I never actually saw anything special in him other than he's the youngest and about my age. I just see him in supporting roles anyway, as in 100% Senorita, and I saw the official site for "Pingpong" and learned he was in it..
    However looking forward to more ancient (guzhuang) series of SXZ..who knows he may be the new hero of Jinyong..
    well who knows anyway.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

XWingSuki, you should try watching MVP Valentine, Mr. Fighting (Gou Dou Tian Wang) and Westside Story if you haven't seen them. All three shows are on youtube. Xiezhi is good in all of them. I personally like him the most in Westside Story as the cool but soft-hearted You Ya Yu, but he is very lovable in MVP Valentine and so cool in Mr. Fighting.

And I loved him in Mo Jian Shen Si Qi. He looks great in ancient costume. That would be a dream come true if he acted in a Jinyong series! I think he would make a good Yang Kang. Duan Yu or Murong Fu are other possibilities.

eek! xiezhi as yangkang!! XD . . .but somehow I imagine yk to be taller. . .could be cuz my first impression of the character came from tvb's version with miu kiu wai. So far I have not seen anyone being able to outshine his portrayal.

Ha- MKW's portrayal of Yang Kang is my favorite too! Very handsome and I am still a big fan of his! But, I was thinking of possible Jinyong characters Xiezhi could play and he can act as a very mesmerizing baddie (hint: Qian Xing) so I thought- why not Yang Kang or Murong Fu?

Zhang Wujie is not really an outstanding character and I am not sure about Xiezhi in Qing costume. I thought about Yang Guo too but the image didn't really fit for some reason.
    Last edited by bonniec1; 03-08-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Yeah, I do agree xiezhi can definately do cool villian and would love to see him as yang kang as well. XD Though it would be nice also if person who plays guo jing is relatively the same height. XD

I've never really liked murong fu. . .it all goes back to first impressions I guess. . .don't know if you've ever seen the taiwanese version. . .the guy was so talented at making me despise the character.

haha. . .to be honest, it's hard for me to envision xiezhi as any jinyong characters. . .because I've seen these stories (and love them) when I was too young and can never seem to accept new depictions well. XD
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 03-08-08 at 02:19 PM.

Yeah Cinnamon, I know what you mean- I still like the 80's versions. Murong Fu in the TVB 80's version was actually pretty suave.

Anyhow, the main thing is I would love to see Xiezhi in another ancient costume series. Jinyong aside, I think he would make a good Ximen Chuxue if they remade Lu Xiao Feng though my current favorite is still Wong Yuen Sun from the 70's version. Gee I am daydreaming aloud (fangirl moment again).

When fans first saw Xiezhi in this costume for the 2004 concert, they felt that he will make a good Zhang WuJi. Guess it could partly be because Tony Leung Chiu Wai who protrayed Zhang Wuji in the TVB version, is also small-built and not too tall. Just like why we can't imagine Xiezhi as Yang Kang, etc because of our first impressions from the TVB series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/concert2004pix1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/concert2004pix3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/concert2004pix5.jpg')

To refresh your memory, you may wish to view the clip of this concert here: http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...38&iid=4530395

Actually, I don't really like Zhang Wuji because he is quite wishy-washy towards the girls. I think apart from Yang Guo, Jin Yong's male characters are not very strong or outstanding. His female characters like Huang Rong, Huo QinTong, Zhao Min etc are more interesting.

Personally, I rather Xiezhi not act in any JinYong remakes. Though the show will definitely attract high viewership, it will also have lots of comparisions and criticisms. Since Xiezhi is such a perfectionist, he will give himself lots of pressure when the comments are not favourable. So far, only those remakes of lesser-known Jinyong stories like Bi Xue Jian and Lian Cheng Jue receive better reviews.

I used to enjoy wuxia stories by Liang Yu Sheng so I hope that he will be able act in one of these. Or it will be nice if he can act in a good original script as a suave hero who is not a complete saint (pure good guys are too bland). The ratings for Mojian in China are quite good, either in top 10 or top 5 and it has even moved up to 2nd spot in Changsha. So I hope Xiezhi can get noticed soon and be offered more roles in China series.
    Last edited by exadel; 03-08-08 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1 View Post
    And I loved him in Mo Jian Shen Si Qi. He looks great in ancient costume.
    I also think he looks great in ancient costume, even better than modern drama. His role in Mo Jian Shen Si Qi couldn't fit him more perferctly

Quote Originally Posted by exadel View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/concert2004pix1.jpg')
    Oh, I have this concert DVD. It's awesome!

Youtube clips of the mahjong show "至尊百家樂" that was telecast on 7 Mar 08:
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJkub1g7i8o
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7V64i3w48
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesKCDi5sG8
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTroO0mYTDk
    Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9YHES3ugVs
    Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwdgA6PloM
    Part 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdxihH4YFl4

There should be more and I think the rest are being uploaded as I am typing this. Btw, I have already downloaded and watched the whole show but personally I feel that this is not as fun as their other shows, probably because I have already forgotten how the game of mahjong is played.

Anyway, it is nice to see the closeness of these Jstar artistes. They are like one big happy family and people who are not familiar with them will probably think that Shaowei and XiaoQiao are a couple.
    Last edited by exadel; 03-09-08 at 03:49 AM.