Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

XD Thanks for the translation! XD

yeah. . .there's an article about why shaowei changing his name. . .haha. . .it's such an odd reason to change your name. >_< fans are going crazy over it. I don't know for sure. . .maybe he will reconsider thinking about how much it will cost all his fans to change signs and such. Shaowei's fanclub is very expensive to maintain apparently. . .lucky he's not changing his english name too. . .imagining all those nice blue samclub signs dissappearing.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Exadel, thanks for the links to emule and bitcomet. I'll try them out. Thanks for the translation and article too. The fans in China are so lucky- call in interviews, more appearances and a special version of Bravo.

I was really surprised when I read that Shaowei wants to change his name to Xiaowei. He doesn't seem like the type to be so superstitious. Oh well, at least Xiezhi hasn't changed his name.

Is Jiqin the Guo Fu actress in Richie Ren's Condor Lovers (SDXL)? She and Renfu is together? in exadel's translation the band is referred to as "56". Is that how 5566 is referred to in Taiwan ? Just wondering^^
    I've always liked Xiezhi's name. Xie is that of Xiezhu, help/assist, I believe and Zhi is the common name used in boys. Don't know how to explain that, but it is an excellent name indeed! Wonder if its his real name..which should be..
    The Shaowei-Xiaowei name translation sounds like a joke, especially when Shao doesnt mean little. It's another chinese phrase with similar pronounciation.. when I was younger there was this boy who kept making fun of me that I liked him but didn't, I joked to my best friend the boy's name was Wen "Shao"wei where Shao means little, and since Wei is from Weida (great) the boy's name with direct translation referred to "very little greatness". I still prefer Wang Shaowei's name as Shaowei than Xiaowei for at least, there something about his greatness, rather than small greatness. Small, xiao, is a name i see more appropriately used for girls than boys in my perception.
    Last edited by XWingSuki; 03-14-08 at 01:49 AM.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

I doesn't like the new name of Shao Wei! its sounds weird to me!
    But well if he likes it and if the name will bring him what he wants, then i'll try to addept to his new name.
    Its seems like there is no news about XZ and DXQ when 56 went to China for their album promotions right???

Though I didn't watch Richie Ren's version of Condor Heroes, I read that Jiqin is indeed the actress for Guo Fu. Yes, Jiqin and Renfu are together and they already have a daughter who is now more than a year old.

They will always introduce themselves as 5566 but do informally call themselves 56 during the course of a conversation. As for me, I am just lazy to type 5566 so I shorten it to 56

In Mandarin, Shaowei's 绍伟 new name is still pronounced as Shaowei 少伟, not Xiaowei 小伟. Though the literal translation of the new name is still "little greatness", at least 少 is a common name for guys. I am surprised that he changed his name because I didn't expect him to be so superstitious. From the recent news report, you will expect Xiezhi to be the first one to try such methods to improve his life and boost his career.

So, don't believe everything you read in the press as reporters tend to exaggerate matters or add in their own spices to attract readers' attention.

56 is already back in Taiwan and recently the focus of their news on who will 56 vote in the coming elections. This is a very sensitive issue for Taiwanese celebrities who want to move into the China market so I feel that the press is just waiting for 56 to say something that will give them the leeway to twist their words and blow up the matter.

Yeah, politics is always very difficult. . .hopefully no crazy answers from them. . .they should know better.

Anyway. . .there was in fact an article about dxq and xiezhi recently saying they have broken up last year. . .umm. . .kind of odd (questionable reliability). Anyway. . .I would really rather focus on their promotional activity news. So much more fun to discuss than the other stuff.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

I am sure that 56 will not answer any questions on politics, the person we have to worry about is Sun Zhong

Yes, a fan recently posted another article on the breakup. I didn't post the news here because this is old news, not current news. It is actually an article in the TVBS magazine, which is a weekly tabloid magazine. The article in the web is not complete ... of course, just to entice viewers to buy the magazine if they want to read the full story.

The article is from the previous issue of TVBS not this week's issue. So, this should be the same old news that we read about in the papers. I am also skeptical about the reliability of the article because the reporter is able to quote what XZ said to DXQ, as if he was there to witness everything. And I am sure close friends of DXQ and XZ will not talk to the press.

Actually, I feel sad that TVBS magazine is always writing such gossip about Xiezhi because in early 2007, Xiezhi used to write a column for this TVBS magazine. Then one day, his columns stopped and soon after TVBS exposed his mother's blog in their magazine. They also interviewed his mother and even showed pictures of the different types of medicine she is taking for her depression. Last year when XZ was still filming Full Count, TVBS wrote another report about his mother and their breakup so this is already their 3rd article about them.

If only they hadn't treated XZ this way, then XZ will probably still be writing columns for them and sharing his thoughts with the fans

Hmm- never saw Richie Ren's version of ROCH mainly because it seemed very odd to have XLN in black. Jiqin must have been really young when she played Guofu.

Stupid tabloids always exagerrate news. I didn't know that Xiezhi used to write for TVBS. Anyways, I don't think 5566 will say anything about the upcoming election since it is so sensitive, especially since they are doing most of the promotions in China. I thought they were going to stay in China until the Olympics start?

By the way, I finally caught the clips of Xi Cong Tian Jiang where they played the practical jokes on Xiezhi and Shaowei. You can really tell Xiezhi's personality is so selfless. He even let Renfu be the star in the (fake) commercial even though he was suppossed to be the star and overheard Renfu speaking to the producer begging him for the part. But I felt sorry for him when they staged the kidnapping. You could tell he was very frightened and upset. I thought it was funny, but a little mean.

as 56 celebrate their 6th year as a band, it's good to see the others like Renfu, Shaowei & Mengzhe maturing and rising up to take ownership of the success and future of 5566. Can you imagine, during the season when it was mainly Xiezhi leading they were able to come so far. With the united combined efforts of all for they will be a formidable group to reckon with in showbiz.

I didn't know that XZ used to write something in TVBS's magazine too! if i know, i would had purchase all of them already.
    Regarding the topic on politics, i think 5566 will use a way to answer the reporters about it. I think most of the artistes in Taiwan doesn't want to talk about it as most of them wants to go to China to work.

bonniec1, Jiqin is now 32 years old and Richie Ren's ROCH was filmed in 1998 or 1999 so she should be about 22 or 23 years old at that time. 56 will probably continue their promotions in China in April. As for that show, Xiezhi said that he was feeling rather nauseous during the kidnapping part because he has motion-sickness.

Jules, Well said. Xiezhi did indeed contribute a lot to the success of 56 and it is touching to see Renfu acknowledge it and thank Xiezhi in the Guo Guang Bang Bang Mang show. In the early years, Mengzhe was still a shy kid, Shaowei though the oldest had no showbiz experience and Renfu was too carefree. Now that the rest have all matured, you can see that Xiezhi has become more jovial and relaxed.

pat/clare, Some of the older celebrities like Hsu Nai Ling, Bai Bing Bing, etc have already made their choice known, that's why the press is so eager to hear 56's stance.

Btw, a Renfu fan has put up a clip of 56's photo-shoot for a magazine. You can watch or download the clip here: http://www.fs2you.com/en/files/913b0...2-00142218fc6e
    Last edited by exadel; 03-15-08 at 10:31 AM.

I may still have some of the TVBS articles written by Xiezhi. Will share them with you if I can find them. In the meantime, here's an article of 56 in our local Teenage magazine. The interview was conducted when they were in Singapore in Feb 08. Nothing exciting about this write-up but at least it is a positive article.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/TeenageMag2008-03p1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/TeenageMag2008-03p2.jpg')

pat/clare, In case you are interested in buying the Teenage magazine, it is the April 2008 issue with Hebe on its cover.
    Last edited by exadel; 03-15-08 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks thanks exadel

There is a short piece of news yesterday about DXQ and other guests on the recording for the Ma La Tian Hou Gong show. Of course, the reporters were only interested in linking her name with XZ so they asked her about the current state of her relationship with XZ. DXQ was very low-key and said that she will not answer any questions about her love life.

So, seems like she is also a victim of the paparazzi and was also hurt by that press report. Just like what Jiqin had mentioned previously i.e. she and Renfu had ever quarrelled over things that reporters quoted her as saying but which she had never said. So, Jiqin decided to stop talking to the press.

Just to share some clips of their Jan 2008 meet-the-fans session in Shanghai. At that event, the sound system failed so 56 had a mini concert (without music) for the fans. Here are the clips posted by Xiezhi's fan so the focus is on him:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gTzU5b37hC4/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/L8PGCzsEdww/
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/B4gIsvVDDdE/

And here's the part where they sang the birthday song to Xiezhi:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oeAnR0gaCC0/ (by Renfu fan at around 15 mins)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NRIBnGouKbc/ (by Shaowei fan)

There are also clips posted by Renfu and Shaowei's fans. You can watch them here if you are interested in seeing the rest of 56:
    http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=55...E8%D3%D1%BB%E1
    http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=%C...E1%CA%D3%C6%B5

There are a lot of clips in these links and the related links so do navigate around. Happy viewing.
    Last edited by exadel; 03-16-08 at 06:21 AM.

Yeah- the press just won't leave the DXQ-Xiezhi subject alone. I'm sure it will bother Xiezhi to some extent, but I just hope that whatever the outcome, he will keep a positive outlook.

I didn't realize Jiqin was older than Renfu. I guess I got the impression she was young because she is called Ji Mei Mei.

Thanks for the magazine article and clips, exadel. I never get tired of watching Xiezhi.

Jiqin is 4 years older than Renfu and she is nicknamed Ji Mei Mei because she started out in the industry when she is quite young, in her teens. She tried to shed her Mei Mei tag when she is nearing 30 by doing a daring pictorial book and wearing more sexy clothes. But she is covering up now that she has a child.

Another article on 56 in our local Teens magazine:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/TeensMagazineApr08p1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/TeensMagazineApr08p2.jpg')

Xiezhi is really a sweet and generous guy. His favourite song is "Bright Moon" not because of the tune or lyrics but because Shaowei and Mengzhe have bigger singing parts and the song is fairly divided among the 4 of them!

pat/clare, Just in case you are interested in buying the magazine, it is the April 2008 issue of Teens with Lollipop on its cover.

exadel, i couldn't find the teenage magazine. I looked for a few stalls and they didn't sell it anymore. And i couldn't see any teens on the shelfs. I'll look for it again. Thanks

pat/clare, Wow, that's fast. But being a local magazine, it should be quite easy to find Teenage magazine in any 7-11 stores or newsstands. Teens magazine is just out today so grab it fast.

I was just re-watching this Jstar performance at the 41st Golden Horse Awards Ceremony. Really miss those days when there are so many people in Jstar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa0JJU7Ewx0

And this very funny skit by 56 at the 完全星娛樂 (Wan Quan Xin Yu Le) show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4uRGQTZHU and this part where XZ and SW kissed: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/sD7m_T2XCSk/
    Last edited by exadel; 03-18-08 at 09:32 PM.

I wonder if I can buy the magazines on yesasia? I have to check it out. Yeah exadel, those clips are so funny. I especially like the clip where Xiezhi and Shaowei kissed and then jumped up and down! So cute. I notice there are a lot of SW-XZ fan videos on youtube and tudou.

Anyways, I really hope they can host some variety shows again. It's so hard to find DVDs of SNTGD (although I did manage to find a China version of the 2007 episodes).

exadel, thanks! i'll go look for it and this time i hope i can get the copy of teenage magazine.
    I miss the other members that had left J-Star! for example Zai Zai from R&B and the others. Just to ask. How many members are there in qiao jie li now?