Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

To Bonnie,
    You are very welcome and thanks for the correction... I guess I remembered wrong. I am glad that he did win first place. No wonder his mom and grandparents were so happy that they cried. Yea, his voice does sound a bit different when he sang in Taiwanese. I can kind of pick some of the Taiwanese since some of it sort of sounds like Mandarin and Cantonese. I have sent you a PM already so hope that you got it.

To Cinnamon,
    You are welcome and yea, I agree that you would not get that much attention if it wasn't first place. His mom and grandparents were so proud, especially considering his mom was originally against him entering the circle.
    That is so funny about your dream. I have weird dreams all the time... You know his mom sort of looks like the Hong Kong actress Cherie Chung to me at some angles. Xie Zhi is a mixture of his mom and dad. I saw his mom before the clip many times too, but I just wasn't 100% sure if that was really his mom... Oh yea, did you understand the bathroom clip?? Isn't it funny??
    By the way, you said you wanted to get some of 5566's albums but a lot of them were sold out. I know how you can get them used but the price can be a bit expensive but somewhat decent too.. It just depends... Just PM me and let me know if you are interested...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

To Trinie:

Thanks for the PM! Wow- you must be good at languages if you can understand Taiwanese- I tried, but I still can't really understand it. Maybe I have to listen more carefully.

On another note- I read in the asianfanatics forum that 5566 will start recording their new album this week! It was confirmed by Sun Zhong. The album should be out before the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1 View Post
    To Trinie:

Thanks for the PM! Wow- you must be good at languages if you can understand Taiwanese- I tried, but I still can't really understand it. Maybe I have to listen more carefully.

On another note- I read in the asianfanatics forum that 5566 will start recording their new album this week! It was confirmed by Sun Zhong. The album should be out before the New Year.
    Hi Bonnie!
    You are welcome and I hope that you will get the second book soon. It is really interesting as well. I am ok with languages, but I do admit that I like them and have studied some... I think you will be able to understand some if you listen more carefully.
    That is good to hear and thanks for the news! I heard that it was going to be released this month and then Nov and them Dec... I just hope that the songs that Xie Zhi sings for MJSSQ will be included as well... I really love those songs...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I agree- I hope those songs are included too. I especially like 'Mei Yi Ge Han Dong'.

Here is one of my favorite songs 'Jiao Ao' :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUF2u1Dkz-A

I think Xiezhi is so shuai in the MV.

lol. . .yeah. weird dreams. XD The strangest thing about it was the fact that it was about xiezhi's mum and not him. I think she reminds me of an actress too. . .but not sure if it is cherie chung. xiezhi's mum was never in the entertainment industry, was she?

yeah, the bday clip was hilarious. so sad that sweetie knew more about xiezhi than 5566. XD XD XD I was hoping to get first hand copies of the 56 albums to support them. . .but I'll consider it if I can't find any. Thanks for the suggestion.

so I'm not sure how often you guys stop by his af thread. . .but now there is more news of his mum and gf not getting along. what depressing rumours. . .I hope xiezhi is not too stress over it. . .but I have a feeling it's really hurting his relationship with both his mum and gf.

bonniec1, I love the way xiezhi looks in that mv too. XD
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 10-21-07 at 10:28 AM.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Yea, I still find it wierd too... Actually, if I remember correctly, Xie Zhi mentioned that his mom was in the circle a very long time ago. But I think she just worked behind the scenes. She does remind me of a combination of a number of actresses... However, Cherie Chung is the one that sticks out to me the most.

I am glad that you enjoyed the bday clip. Were you able to understand it all to get all of the humour? I don't think it was that 5566 knew less, but they knew ones that they thought they just could not reveal. Meng Zhe mentioned that remember?? Well, their 3rd album is still available at www.play-asia.com if you want to get it. But the others are all sold out...Just type in 5566 and you will see it and other things that are sold out. I had to get some of their CDs used since I just could not find any new ones since they are all sold out.

I have not been to AF for a long time. I probably won't be going there until this term is over... BUt I heard about his mom and gf not getting along.. That is really sad and I am afraid that it will not end happily. Even if he did marry Ding Xiao Qin, if she does not get along with his mom... It will really affect their relationship in the future because Xie Zhi wants his mom to live with his future family... But by the way things are going, I don't know if that is happening.. I had a feeling that this would happen since I don't have a positive feeling about Ding Xiao Qin either... I really hope she isn't just using Xie Zhi to get herself known...

Thanks for the MV Bonnie!! I don't watch their MVs online since I already have them on DVD.

You're welcome, Trinie. I don't have their MVs yet so I just watch them online. Thanks for the link for play-asia.com. I will get their 3rd album. What I really want is their 1st album.

I don't really like Ding Xiao Qin either- maybe it's the way she looks, but there is just so much negative rumours about her using Xie Zhi's money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I don't think it was that 5566 knew less, but they knew ones that they thought they just could not reveal. Meng Zhe mentioned that remember??
    lol. Yeah, that's what I assumed too. XD It is both hilarious and sad that they had to resort to saying embarrassing things about xiezhi just cuz they can't really discuss the real secrets on screen. XD

about Ding Xiao Qin. . .I don't think I know enough about her to like or dislike her. . .I mean, I'm sure there's a good reason xiezhi likes her. . .he seems like a smart guy to me. . .I'm pretty sure most of the stuff we get from the articles are over-exaggerated rumours. . .perhaps based on very very little facts. But what do I know. . .I don't really get exposed to too many articles about xiezhi and I don't really go out searching for dxq's news. XD Though, I remember on her thread. . .someone said she was supposedly a very caring person and have taken care of many animals. That sounds kinda sweet to me. . .especially with xiezhi wanting alot of kids. . .he needs a caring wife. ^^
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

To bonnie,
    You are welcome and I was glad to find that site because that is the only site that still has one of their albums for sale! I have an extra copy of their first album and most of their MVs and concerts too. If you want them, you can PM me and we can talk about it ok?
    About Ding Xiao Qin, even though I don't know much about her... I just have this not so positive feeling about her.. I don't know why and I must say, I judge people pretty well too... Whenever I have a feeling about someone, it is usually true...It is not really her looks,but there is something more about her that makes me feel not so positive about her...

To Cinnamon,
    Well, they did share some of his secrets which was still really hilarious... I think Meng Zhe realized that sharing his bathroom secret was ok, but when he tried to get his point it was too late... Therefore, he ended up with no points and lost the game.
    I am not trying to say that Xie Zhi is a stupid guy because I know he is really smart...But you know, even the most intelligent people became "sha gua"(foolish) when they think they are in "love". Trust me, I have seen that a lot in movies and real life... A lot of people can be putting on an act and all so you know never know... (seeing the divorce rates these days... you never know how long you will be with a person). Also, if Xie Zhi's mom does not like her at all, that shows something as well doesn't it?? Based on what I know about his mom, she analyzes people pretty well.. She has also been through being deceived(by Xie Zhi's father)so she is also extra careful. I am guessing that she feels that way about Ding Xiao Qin and is afraid that she will hurt Xie Zhi. I had a feeling about his mom not liking her and bingo.. I was right!!

I definately agree that sometimes people can be something different than what they seem. . .but I guess. . .from what I know about her (through only 3rd-person accounts) I can't say I know enough to judge or have any feelings about her.

However, I don't doubt that there are real possibilities of her not being a good match for xiezhi due to the fact his mum doesn't like her. It makes me wonder though. . .is it because she doesn't suit him or is it because of other things that makes his mum not like her? It's hard to tell from a very very far away perception. What if she is just being misperceived by his mum and by the public in general. . .because no one understands the situation (the relationship) better than the people in it (xiezhi?). We can also argue that cuz he is in the situation. . .he is most blind to what others can see on the outside. . .Just a matter of different perceptions and viewing angles.

From the distance, I believe it is most respectful not to prejudge and to support his decisions or mistakes . . .hopefully he will be happy in the end or not too hurt if something painful must happen.

I agree that none of us will really understand their relationship. However, I do draw my own conclusions from what I read from the articles that xiezhi's mom posted on her blog. I feel that his mom is a very superstitious person who disapproves of dxq right from the beginning & hence nothing dxq does will please her.

His mom stated that according to some fortune-teller, xiezhi's career will be ruined if he marries someone from the entertainment circle. That is why his mom blames dxq for his decline in popularity.

There is another article which is quite exaggerated & which I can't really translate. The gist is that his mom claimed that her (dead) ancestors also told her that dxq is bad for xz.

In another article, his mom blamed dxq for Mo Jian low ratings when it was screened in Taiwan. She said that Mo Jian didn't do well because dxq accompanied xz to China for filming. So dxq affected his popularity because fans do not want their idol to have a gf.

Trinie: Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you.

Cinnamon: I agree that one shouldn't prejudge, but it is just a feeling I have about DXQ.

That's really interesting information, exadel. I guess XieZhi's mom is a little superstitious because his first girlfriend (that dumped him) was also from the entertainment circle. This was when he was in the army and his mom took up his visiting time so he could not see her.

About Mo Jian, it did really well in Southern China, but I'm surprised that the ratings were rather low in Taiwan.

I vaguely remember XieZhi saying that he had to break off with his previous gf because his mom disapproves of their relationship. Now that he is older, he is determined to follow his heart and not let his mom influence his choice of gf.

I guess Mo Jian didn't do well in Taiwan because of its genre. I noticed that those shows in Taiwanese dialect that runs into 100+ episodes and their idol dramas are more popular in Taiwan. Also, Taiwan hardly produces any sword fighting dramas anymore.

It was quite "funny" about his mom deliberately visiting xz when he is in the army so that he has no time to see his gf. Reason being that his mom wrote on her blog that she wanted to visit him in China when he was filming Mo Jian. She was very angry that she couldn't visit him or he didn't allow her to visit him because dxq was with him in China. She then went on to say that because dxq with there with him so she brought him bad luck and hence affected the show's ratings.

Ok, enough about his love life. 5566 has started recording their 4th album and I hope that the album can be released soon. Hopefully, this album will do very well in Taiwan and elsewhere and show their critics that 5566 is still a band to watch out for.

ah. . .thanks for all the information. Do you have the link to his mum's blog, btw? I am just curious. . .perhaps will look at it once in awhile to understand more the "deep care" of a mother with only one child. ^^ (yep, yep. . .they don't really make wuxia series in taiwan anymore. . .perhaps you are right about audience tastes there).

that reminds me. . .is it cuz xiezhi have so much trouble with his mum's attention being only child that he wants to have tons of kids? It is so cute. . .yet I'm thinking he doesn't quite understand what it means to have so many brothers and sisters and divided attention from parents. Having 3 siblings. . .i sometimes envy those who are only child. But now. . .it seems, being only child and having all that attention isn't peaches either. X_x

Yes, onto brighter news, 56's new album. . .that's the thing on my christmas list this year. . .so hopefully they will have it done by then. XD thinking about it. . .that's the only thing on my list so far this year. . .wonder if I will get more than one copy. . .that will be funny.
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 10-23-07 at 09:59 PM.

I also agree that we really don't know how their relationship is really like, but I must say that it will really affect their future in a negative way.. I know that for a fact because it has happened in my family and is currently happening to my friends...I have 7 brothers so I see this with my mom and brother's girlfriends all the time...But whatever the outcome will be, I just hope that Xie Zhi will get over it and move on... Regardless of what happens, we should all support him no matter what..

Thanks for all of the info exadel! Do you happen to know the link to his mom's blog?? I would love to see it... I want to know more about her... I sort of have an idea from reading his biographies so I kind of understand how she is. I can understand why since he is her only son. Honestly, everything that you said... I already had a feeling about it... Wierd huh?? Boy, am I good at sensing things or what?? I honestly had a negative feeling about DXQ from the start too.. I am afraid that it will not end happily if he marries her...But like I said, whatever happens I just hope that XZ will not let it hurt him too much and move on....

To Bonnie,
    Who was his girlfriend that dumped him?? I am just curious.. I can't believe she would do that.. Xie Zhi deserves better anyway...

Ok, on to brighter news...Yea, I heard about 5566 recording their new album.. I hope that it will sell well like all of the other ones. I can't wait to get their new album. Yea, since they have sooo many different versions of it and all, I may end up with more than one copy. I can just give it to my friend who doesn't know 5566 yet so that she can grow to like them too..I want my friend to become their fan too...

About the ratings for Mo Jian, yea Taiwan has not produced any ancient series for a long long time... Also, the ones that are produced by Taiwan are usually stereotyped as being inferior in terms of quality compared to the ones from China and Hong Kong. OH gosh, speaking of length do you guys remember the series Fei Long Zai Tian with Alyssa Jia and Zhao Hong Fei?? Gosh, that one was over 200eps!!! It became so draggy...No wonder the audience's taste has changed...
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-24-07 at 04:45 AM.

. . .lol. Trinie, that's an excellent idea to recruit more fans for 56!! XD lol. . .though I hope my family and friends really don't all get me the same present. . .XP

I think Taiwan has produced some okay wuxia series. . .but I agree. . .quality-wise. . .it seems hk and china are better.

so 56 is gradually being shipped off to china. . .according to SZ. I wonder how that will affect their life. . .going back and forth between china and taiwan. . .and also our ability to see them. . .will it increase or decrease?

are they doing anything with the olympics in 08? . . .cuz lots of artists seem to want to use that as opportunity to get global recognition. . .so many questions. ^^;

ah, you have 7 brothers?!!! >_< it must be crazy at your house around holidays!
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 10-24-07 at 09:39 AM.

I am sorry that I am unable to provide the link to his mom's blog as I had erased the url from my favorites. I had decided to stop visiting her blog as I feel that his mom is rather overboard in her writings.

I feel sad for XZ that his mom used her blog to criticise him and the girl he loves. It is no wonder that in an episode of wang quan yu le, XZ said that the woman who hurts him most is his mom.

Despite these setbacks, I feel that XZ and DXQ relationship should be strong. Afterall, they are still together after so many years despite his mom's disapproval.

DXQ keeps a very low profile so it is difficult to gauge her character. You also can't tell much about their relationship as she does not talk about XZ in the programmes that she guests on. Actually, XZ seems to reveal more about his love life than her. Renfu also enjoys teasing him about DXQ on their own show.

In one talk show that DXQ guests on, her close friends said that DXQ values her bf more than them (zhong se qing you). She could be out having tea with her friends, but once her bf calls, she will just leave them immediately to meet him. DXQ explained to the hosts that she values whatever time she gets to spend with her bf. Of course, none of them mentions the name of her bf.
    She was in another show and the topic was about whether guys can have close female friends. One of the hosts said that his wife is jealous that he and his ex-gf became good friends after they broke off. DXQ then said that she understands his situation because she used to be good friend with her ex-bf but then realises that this is not possible. When the host asked why, she stammered and said "er ... someone will complain". The host then tried to ask her if it is her current bf who objects, but she was saved from answering as the other guests started talking about something else.

I feel that these little things show that she values their relationship and does listen to his views. So, hopefully they can work out something together.

I also read about SZ wanting 5566 to concentrate on the China market. Hopefully, his move is correct this time round. Somehow I think that he adopted the wrong strategy when he put 5566 aside last year to concentrate on promoting 183 club.

Trinie:

The name of is ex-gf is mentioned in his 1st book I believe. I don't remember it off-hand though.

exadel:

I agree with you that SZ made the wrong move in promoting 183Club and neglecting 5566 last year but I think promoting 5566 in China is not a bad idea. Personally I think that the singing ability of 5566 is better than 183Club. Xiezhi and Renfu have such nice and unique voices.

Actually. . .I personally did not think it was a bad move for SZ to promote 183 club last year instead of 5566. One thing about 183 club is that they have gained quite a bit of distant overseas fans compared to 5566. . .and through shaowei, many of us were able to learn about both groups. I, for example, would have never heard of 56 if it wasn't for 183 club. ^^

In the end. . .I think, I just happen to like 5566 more than 183 club. . .just because of their history and their ability to draw you in once you get to know them. The current condition of jstars is only part due to SZ's decisions. . .but there are many factors beyond his control. . .like other groups popularity and member's own decisions.

As for their voices. . .that is debatible. . .but I do agree that I love listening to xiezhi and renfu's voices more. ^^

Hm... I wonder if his mom's blog is still up even?? I am also still surprised that she had one... Even though is mom seems overboard and all, I can understand since honestly... my mom is sort of like that too(just not quite as bad). My friend's mother in law is exactly like that(but the good thing was the fortune teller said good things about my friend, imagine if he didn't??)...I just hope that everything works out for them and ends happily...

Thanks for all of the info exadel! Do you happen to know the link for those shows? I would like to see them... Since DXQ is not really famous or known in the circle, so of course it is hard to really gauge her character... But sadly, I still don't have a good feeling about her...Anyways, I just hope that they can all work things out.

I also don't think it was a bad move to promote 183 club last year, but I think he should not have neglected either of them.... He should have given them both equal attention. About their voices, I don't really agree... I like both of their voices. In 183, there was Jacky and YU Rong as the lead singers and they both had great voices too. I actually liked 183 before 5566 and must say that 183 was the only group that i liked before 5566. I was never into groups before so it was special that I only liked 183 and now 5566. I think 183 harmonizes their voices better and spread them out more, while in 5566 it is mainly only RenFu and Xie Zhi doing all of the singing while the rest of them just sing either the rap or background vocals. But in 183, most of them are given more solo parts and harmonize better... That's what I think based on what I have seen and known...

To Bonnie,
    It is mentioned?? I don't remember.. I guess I have to re-read that part. Do you remember which part it was in?

To Cinnamon,
    Yea, I do have 7 brothers(6 older and one younger). It is always crazy when they all come home for the holidays... My mom really dislikes one of my sister in laws too so I know what XZ must be going through.... sigh..

By the way, just for fun.. I read in a magazine about how some celebrites rated who was the most important from the choices: family, friends and lover. Some rated: lover, family and friends while some rated family, lover and friends. What do you think XZ would say??? I remember him once saying that the most important women in his life are of course his mommy, his gf(since she may be his future wife) and his future daughter if he has one( I wonder why he did not mention his grandma??).