Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

darn! what about his fans?!! I feel heartbroken now! j/k. XD

Maybe he is not that close to his grandma. . .to be honest. . .I'm not too close to my grandparents either. . .mostly cuz they live half a globe away from me. they are still important, but maybe not "most" important? ^^; I feel bad saying that. ^^;

hehe. . .xiezhi's future daughter? la. . .I can picture him carrying his daughter on his shoulders. . .so cute. . .he seems like the type to be good with kids. . .especially little girls seem to like him.

Trinie. . .yeah. . .since the world began. . .it seems like mother and daughter-in-laws are made natural enemies. X_x it happens in many families. My brother is not old enough to get married yet. . .but I do have many uncles. . .and sometimes I hear about grandma not being happy with her son's wives. . .especially with the youngest one. Actually, my family's pretty big too. . .now that I think about it. XD dad is 2nd of eight kids! My aunt is kinda like you. . .grew up with 7 brothers. XD

I love 183 club's voices too. . .but only agree that I like to listen to 56 more. ^^ You may be right about harmony though. . .maybe cuz they sing softer songs. 56's harmony is made to contrast. . .if that made sense. I actually enjoy listening to the contrast though.
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 10-24-07 at 03:34 PM.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Oh yea, what about us fans?? Hee.... Ok, lets add that in...

Actually, that is not true at all.. Xie Zhi is VERY close to his grandparents. If I remember correctly, it was his grandparents that raised him until he was 12-13. He even said that he calls them "wai gong and wai po"(grandpa and grandma) on the outside, but they are actually like his real parents. His mom was mostly working to raise him during those years, so it was his grandparents that raised and took care of him. Therefore, you can imagine how close he is to them. I honestly think in a sense that his grandma loves him more than his mom... I remember he mentioned that once he got into an argument with his mom about his spending money since she gave him too little. His grandma then gave it to him, but he got mad about the whole thing so he refused to take it... One day, his grandma became sad and didn't want it to go on like that, so she cried and even kneeled down to him!! Can you believe that?? Also, there was once he got into a argument with his mom and tried to leave...He ran into his grandma and she asked him what was wrong, he then told her to tell her daughter(which is his mom) that if each time she was going to have these senseless arguments that she will never see her grandson(him) again!! Then he just turned around and left... But then sadly not long after, he found out that his grandma was severely sick.. WHen he came to see her in the hospital, he was really sad and just held her hand with tears continously coming out of his eyes.. He said what said out of anger has now come true(basically his grandma passed away and she was never able to see him again) so he can never forgive himself for it.... So yea, he is really close to his grandma and grandpa.

I agree... He seems to love kids a lot... He even said that he will treat his future children very well...I am sure he will be a great father. I just wished that his actual father treated him better.. But sadly...

Yea Cinnamon, I know what you mean... It seems like mother and daughter in laws(not always, but pretty common) are grown to hate each other(even after the grandchild comes into the picture). Growing up with all boys is not easy(especially in my family since my parents love boys more than girls). The good thing is, I tend to understand guys better than most people would.

I like both 183 and 5566 so I honestly can't pick between them (hm.. don't I sound like Shao Wei??). I guess so... But I think 5566 should give the others(Sam and Jason) a try at singing their own parts too to spread the voices out more. I don't think it is fair to always have Ren Fu and XZ doing all of the work in singing the leading parts.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The shows I mentioned are - Wangyu 完全娱乐 明星老实说 on 14 Apr 2006 and the 2 shows that DXQ was on are 国光帮帮忙 on 6 Apr 2007 and 17 May 2006.

Problems between mother and daughter-in-law is definitely not unique as every mother wants the best for their son. There are also other celebrity couples whereby one parent disapproves of the relationship. It is just unfortunate that XZ's mom wrote about her displeasure on the web and spoke to the press. As an artiste, this is definitely bad publicity for XZ.

From what she wrote on her blog, XZ mom's definition of a good daughter-in-law/wife is someone who is filial, must take care of the ancestors, observe all the traditional festivals, must be able to cook, has to do all the housework, must take good care of her son and must bring him good luck and boost his career (帮夫运).

I have nothing against 183 club but just that I don't understand why SZ can't promote more than 1 artiste/group at the same time. But then we all won't know what's the reasons behind all his strategies. Perhaps 5566 wanted a break to re-charge, or maybe since ShaoWei is in both groups, 5566 decided to take a backseat to let him concentrate on 183.

Oh, I remembered in one of the China programmes that 5566 was on this year, XZ said that he will make a good father. He said that he can sacrifice everything, including his life for his family. He said that his family means his mom, his future wife and kids.

he will be a good father?? this is so sweet!!
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

. . .it's really hard to find that kind of girl nowadays. ^^; In that list. . .sadly, I think I, personally, fit into very little and only partially (filial and caring?. . .or I try to be )

. . .man, that's an extremely good catch if anyone finds a modern woman that fits all the attributes. Xiezhi definately does deserve such a girl. . .but it seems silly to look for something that probably doesn't exist.

I wonder if she's even found one. . .I mean. . .this is just from movies but don't parents normally go looking for girls as good match-up with their sons and then try to set them up? XD Perhaps her strategy, since she can't convince him herself, is to try to get the public to pressure him into it. . .ah, tough love.

Trinie, that is sad about xiezhi's grandma. . .That's the type of things that you'll never forget. . .when I get in arguments with my parents and say things I didn't mean. . .I try to apologize as soon as I come to the realization. . .it just sux to think that it could be the last thing I say to them.

I wonder why he didn't include her then. . .maybe he was only thinking about living people.

and the 56 and 183 promotion thing. . .I guess shaowei does serve as a conflict of interest as well. . .^^; I hate to admit it. . .but it is extremely tough to schedule both 56 and 183 at the same time because of this. Remember the China promotion when shaowei had to leave in the middle of a 56 event to meet up with 183. . .56 fans were not happy. . .poor shaowei was being target of many arguments online.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Thanks again for all of the info Exadel! I will look for those shows when I have time.. School is so intense right now.

I guess I don't really agree with what XZ's mom is doing, but I understand why she does it(can't really explain but I do understand). OMG, his mom is sooo similar to my mom!! All of those things you listed, my mom expects me to be so she has always trained me to be like that. That is what she calls "the ideal" daughter in law. I can understand about the housework and cooking part, but the good luck part?? Hm... that is something you can't really control so I think that is something that she should not expect from her daughter in law(but I can understand why she said that.. My mom is like that too!!scary...).

I agree about the publicity thing.. I wonder why can't he focus on 2 groups.. Hm... I am guessing it is because of Sam since he is in 2 groups..

I believe that about XZ and I think anyone who marries him is very lucky.. I am sure he will be a great father and husband. I just hope that he can still be a good son as well since his mom loves him so much.... Sometimes it is really sad that the people that love you the most happen to be the ones that hurt you the most....

Cinnamon,
    I agree that it is hard to find a girl like that these days... I actually am a lot like that since my mom made me that way(plus growing up with all boys, I had no choice). Oh yea, it is true that parents sometimes look up if their son/daughter's birthdates are compatible with their future mate!! My mom did that for my brothers and thank goodness the fortune was good or else I don't even want to imagine what would have happened...
    Yea, I always cry when I read that part about his grandma.. It is so sad.. I am sure it is something that he will remember for the rest of his life...Speaking of his grandma, I wonder how she would feel about DXQ?? I think his grandpa is still alive(I think??) so I also wonder how he feels?? Do you think his grandparents would approve??
    I agree with you about the 5566 and 183 thing. I was shocked when I first found out that SW was in 2 groups since it is already a lot of work being in 1 group, but 2?? Poor Sam!! I bet he barely gets any breaks or rest. I feel so sorry for him...
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-25-07 at 06:24 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I think his grandpa passed away about a year ago. Remembered reading about that from his mom's blog.

About his grandma, besides being sad and guilty over the whole incident, XZ was also sad that she couldn't know about 5566 and witness his fame. The host comforted him and said that his grandma will definitely know. Though XZ didn't cry but you can see that he loves his grandma very much.

Quote Originally Posted by exadel View Post
    I think his grandpa passed away about a year ago. Remembered reading about that from his mom's blog.

About his grandma, besides being sad and guilty over the whole incident, XZ was also sad that she couldn't know about 5566 and witness his fame. The host comforted him and said that his grandma will definitely know. Though XZ didn't cry but you can see that he loves his grandma very much.
    Thanks again Exadel! That is so sad to hear.. I bet XZ was really sad over that as well... So his mom mentioned that in her blog??

I think his grandma will definately know too even though she isn't here in person. I think he tries to hold his tears in(SW can get more emotional and can cry more easily) but of course we all know that he loves his grandma a lot... I think he loves his grandpa as well since he was like a father to him...Which show did he mention this on?? I guess I have not seen as many of his shows that I thought I did...

His mom didn't write any article about his grandpa. She just wrote that one sentence about him.

The show where XZ talked about his grandma is 封面人物 on 19 Dec 2004. On this show, he also spoke about his mom and apologised to her for not being the type of son that she wants. He said that he is an independent person and doesn't know how to sweet-talk to his mom. If he were to call home, he will ask if she has eaten, and then he wouldn't know what else to say to her after that. So that is why he seldom call her and this makes her very angry with him.

He also talked about his grandma in another show 黄金夜总会 on 23 Nov 2004 hosted by his godfather. If you haven't watched this, I highly recommend it because he also spoke about his father and other tidbits about his life on this show. The show is only about 20 mins, and you can view it from here http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/4nEVKteIblY/

Talking about crying, wonder if you have watched the China program 非常大明星 that 5566 was on when they did the China promo early this year.

The host asked which of them cries the most. RF chose SW because he feels that SW seems to cry more often now, especially if it is about his family or if they talked about sad things.

XZ said he can't decide between SW & himself. He said they are usually quite strong but SW's weakness is his family. XZ then said that he also loves to cry. He is very "ging" on screen but at home he can't control his tears especially when watching movies or idol dramas. The funny part was then RF said maybe the rest of them also cried when watching those shows that XZ saw. RF, XZ & SW then started naming shows like Titianic, etc and all 3 were fighting to say that they cried watching them.

I really liked how they are not shy about this. What I liked about 5566 is that they don't protray themselves as idols and are open about their own shortcomings.

MZ named all 3 except RF. He said that all of them except RF cried during their 1st concert held in Singapore. In fact after the concert, RF even asked why were the rest crying. RF explained that he will usually hold back his emotions when there are many people around, so he won't cry on stage.

Btw, this is the same show that XZ said he will make a good father.

You're such an awesome resource, exadel. Thanx! Just realized how much I still don't know about 56. XD Renfu seems very happy at concerts. . .XD even when he sings sad songs. . .I have always assumed he gets a bit too high with all the fan excitement and can't even express sad emotions at that time. ^^

I agree with you about 56 being extremely open about their flaws. . .I especially love that about them. One of my favorite things to watch are their little skits about their shortcomings. . .they turn their bad traits into good traits by making fun of them. It really takes alot to do something like that. It's also extremely cool cuz fans can talk about those shortcomings without feeling bad because it's obvious they don't care to hide them. I know lots of fans of other idols tend to go into denile when it comes to their idol's flaws. . .and it gets annoying sometimes.

Trinie, that is very cool that you possess most of those traits. Maybe xiezhi's mum should set you two up. Though I am already happy to hear that xiezhi's gf respects him. . .I hope they are a good match, despite what others think. . . but if they weren't, hopefully they will figure that out for themselves before marriage and children. ^^

WOW, thanks for all of the info and link exadel. You are truly a great resource. I guess I really did not know much about 5566. I think it is because I am still kind of a new fan and I like a lot of other stars too so it is hard for me to keep up.

I heard that SW was the one that most likely to cry and I saw it on some shows too. I also heard about their promo show in China at the beginning of this year but have not seen it yet. I wonder if it is available online??

I first saw 5566 on Feng Mian Ren Wu. During that time I did not like them yet but already liked 183 so I only knew Sam. But after watching them, boy it was hard not like to them since they were sooo open about themselves and the brotherly bond that they shared was just sooo touching. Therefore, I was drawn to them and started to really like them. The more I found out about them the more I liked them. They also mentioned their fathers on that show. It was nice how the rest of them was trying to protect XZ when the press asked about his father. They all weren't scared to talk about their fathers. Sam and RF said that their dad's were doing fine, while MZ said his dad had liver cancer and just got discharged from the hospital after surgery. MZ's eyes were red when he talked about this.. It was so touching.

I remember him mentioning that in his biography that he rarely calls his mom. My mom is like that too... My brothers rarely call my mom, but my mom is more understanding than his mom. HOwever, I think it is different with his mom since she only has one son(while my mom has me and 7 sons) so she is really lonely.... I kind of feel sorry for her actually since she now lost both of her parents and is usually alone while XZ is barely around to accompany her. Therefore, I can understand why she does certain things and feels the way she does.

To Cinnamon,
    Yea, I agree with you about that I am glad that 5566 accepts their flaws and don't mind talking about them. I personally accept the good and bad of everyone so I never was in denial about the flaws of my idols. But sadly, a lot of people are and they are blind to them too. I know that no one is perfect but not a lot of people like to admit their flaws. 5566 even pokes fun at their flaws which I think is a good thing. Did you guys see the eps of WQYL where they acted as themselves 20 years later?? Gosh, that one is SOO funny... THey made MZ all fat, Ren Fu farting, Sam having TB and XZ all bald...
    I was shocked that I had most of the traits that XZ's mom mentioned too... Well since my mom is like his, she made me that way... Now I really understand her "ku xin"... She wants me to be the ideal daughter in law and wife. In my dreams can I be with XZ. I am not good enough for him... Plus, I am the more short and what people call "cute" type. I totally agree with you about XZ and DXQ. IF they aren't meant to be, I really hope that they will figure it out before marriage and kids because it will be very sad if they found out after that... That is such a tragedy but is honestly very common, especially these days. Therefore, if that did happen we all should not be too surprised or shocked.
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-26-07 at 07:08 PM.

lol. Yeah, that was part of their creative skit thing. XD I love how on wqyl. . .xiezhi held up one small lump of hair that's left on his head and said. . .his hair is blowing in the wind! XD XD XD That skit was just so funny. MZ couldn't see the apple. ah. . .I wish they would do more of those stuff nowadays. . .but it just seems like they are so busy with other things. Their new year skit this year was funny. . .but not up to par. ^^ Maybe they will have more fun stuff for next year.

. . .their imitations are always so fun too. . .I die from laughter everytime I watch those things. . .if they weren't singers. . .they should have really gone into comedy. These guys make such a good team.

Here's the youtube link to Xiezhi's Dec 19/04 interview on 'Feng Mian Ren Wu' that was discussed earlier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVTkpOqfSY

I agree that the part where he mentions his grandma is so sad. He also mentioned it in one of the Lucky Strike shows earlier this year and it looked like he was going to cry.

On a happier note, this promotion show that Xiezhi did for 'Full Count' is quite funny. It shows his office (actually a cubicle) at Jungiery and he shows off part of his collection of horror movie DVDs. He said that watching horror movie DVDs alone is his hobby and the scary parts help him relieve stress (???). If it was me, I would be staying up all night instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Gz-6HjrkI

Hi Bonnie,
    Thanks for the links on Youtube! That clip of his office is nice!I never saw the one with him by himself. I did see the one of Sam and RF though. I also saw Ming Dao's as well and there were parts that MD almost cried too.
    Yea, I heard XZ likes to watch horror movies a lot... I would get scared if I watched it all by himself... He is so brave... I love to watch movies alone too, but more of fantasy ones like Wu Xia and stuff... I would need to watch horror movies with someone or else I would get scared to death... By the way, does he watch American or Chinese horror movies?

TO Cinnamon,
    Which new years skit are you referring to? Do you have the link? Yea, I agree with you that they are so funny and can go into comedy...Which imitations are you talking about? Do you mean when they poke fun at stories like Tang Bo Hu, Bao Gong,etc?? OR when they imitate other singers? Some anti 5566 fans said that they dislike that about them and actually hate them for it. THey claim that 5566 is putting down other groups and singers and trying to bring themselves up by doing that... I don't think they are, but of course if there are people that don't like them they would take it the wrong way...
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-27-07 at 07:11 AM.

Actually I started to notice XZ only about 2 years ago after I watched Mr Fighting. I then watched the shows 56 hosted or guested and found them a fun and down-to-earth group. Btw, I normally get their shows from 100kan or lib.verycd.

I also visited the websites by his China fans and they are fantastic people. You really get lots of info from these sites. His China fans will share their experiences of seeing 56 or XZ whenever they are in China. Sometimes they even share the video they made of them arriving at or leaving the airport. When XZ was in China filming Mo Jian, his fans visited him almost everyday. For his birthday this year, they made a pictorial book of Mo Jian and a special video for him. I don't know how they did it, but they recorded birthday greetings from the director, some crew members and actresses from Mo Jian. Liu Tao was one of them but I don't know the rest as Mo Jian was yet to be screened at that time. I am sure XZ must be very touched when he received this birthday gift from his fans.

His Taiwanese fans who went for the live recording of Young Guns will share ancedotes of those parts that were not shown on TV. They also shared stories or photos of those publicity events by 56 or XZ.

Now that Young Guns (or Cao Ji Xing Xing Xing) has ended, XZ has no other hosting jobs in Taiwan so chances of seeing him on screen is almost nil. Let's hope that 56 really goes full steam in China so that we can still see them often.

The next event that I am looking forward to is the charity baseball match between Jstar and his godfather's team in Nov. Hopefully, the match is screened in Taiwan and his fans there can share that with the rest of us.

Thks exadel for all the info. I also started to notice XZ & 5566 after watching Mr. Fighting and have a fan of them since then. Actually they are quite humble, nice and hardworking but they do have a lot of bad publicity especially in Taiwan. Even when they do charities, the reporters will write b'cos 5566 want to promote themselves.

Do you have the link or know where I can download the China program where 5565 talking about crying? Thanks.

I bt the show from icefish or 100kan. Let me know if you have problems finding the link and I will check it out for you.

Meanwhile, you can also view the show 非常大明星 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaRQ3TZf2Xg. The part where they chose who cried the most is at end of Part 7 and continues at Part 8.

Actually there are 2 parts to this show, ie it was screened over 2 days. What is on the youtube is only Part 1, not sure if Part 2 is there. According to the China fans who went for the live recording of this show, the director was so pleased with 5566 performance that he decided on-the-spot to screen it over 2 days. As the show is only one-hour, the director will normally edit what they have recorded and screen it over one day. But he was so pleased with 5566 performance and he decided to keep most of what was recorded. The fans said that 5566 is very professional and there are hardly any NGs.

I will see if I can find the 2nd part. The question on who makes a good father is in the 2nd part.

Ok, you can goto http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...%E6%98%9F+5566

which has the links to both parts of the show. The 1st part is screened on 15 Jun 07 and the 2nd part on 23 Jun 07.

In their 4th album, 5566 will dedicate one song to their fans. Sun Zhong has released the lyrics of this song here http://forum.settv.com.tw/viewtopic....c6e2fee97305ed

The lyrics is rather touching. Really looking forward to their 4th album.

Thanks exadel for the lyrics. You are right, the words are touching. . .I can't wait to hear that song.