Page 44 of 99 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

Quote Originally Posted by exadel View Post
    Today's news on Xiezhi: http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2008/...oday-show8.htm. It says that Xiezhi visited the ZQMTX filming set yesterday and gave everyone, including his "rival" Chen Zhaorong a pack of dried longans. Btw, his aunt gave him a box of dried longans. He had been sleeping well during his 2-weeks break from filming and was busy training for the charity baseball match scheduled in November. He had also spent quite an amount of money on new clothes in preparation for his return to ZQMTX.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/29.jpg')

Viewers are speculating that Mingjie will make his re-appearance either on this Wednesday or Thursday's episode but there is no concrete news so far. I am sure there will be news on this soon as settv need to rescue the falling ratings. Afterall, today's trival news about Xiezhi distributing longans came immediately after the weekly ratings are published.
    Thanks Exadel for your sharing and translation

Hi everyone thanks for the updates. Hope to see you guys online soon!

Its boring when i don't have a computer at home.

Thanks for the news, exadel. I am so glad that the ratings went down in the
    week(s) without Xiezhi! Just goes to prove that the biased Taiwanese media was wrong in blaming him for the so-so ratings.

He looks so cute in that random picture holding the longans- though pretty thin still.

There is still no news about Xiezhi returning to film ZQMTX yet so I assume Mingjie will not appear in this week's episodes at all. Then let's hope the ratings drop further and let the settv big bosses/producers/director regret writing Mingjie out.

Actually, it is rare to find a show whereby the main male & female leads are so disliked by the majority of the viewers. These 2 are supposed to be the angelic good guy/gal yet they can't win over the viewers because of the badly scripted plot and their so-so acting. Besides losing the pro-Xiezhi/Mingjie viewers, they are now losing the pro-TangFeng/Jianzhou viewers as well.

Btw, this reminds me of Mojian whereby the male good-guy lead is also blasted by the viewers. Instead, they were charmed by the 2nd bad-guy lead played by Xiezhi who was named the most popular and charismatic villian. ShaoBing who played ChangFeng in Mojian was very unprofessional for not putting in any effort to play his role. Actually, ShaoBing is a good actor (think he ever won an acting award in China) and I was charmed by him when I saw one of his earlier shows.

But according to some sources, he disliked the Mojian script so he played his role with no feelings at all ... wonder why he accept the role in the first place . The script writer was pissed off by him because he destroyed the character of ChangFeng who is more complex and interesting than how it was protrayed by ShaoBing. He said that after the team watched the finished product before Mojian was released, they knew that Xiezhi will overshadow the main lead. Maybe that was why Xiezhi's picture is more prominent on their publicity posters and VCD/DVD covers.

So though the storyline & plots are important, the actors/actresses are equally important as they bring life to the characters and through their interpretations will thus influence how the viewers perceive their screen characters.

Sorry for this long meaningless post. Since there is no progress on ZQMTX yet so I can only rant about other stuff
    Last edited by exadel; 09-18-08 at 12:32 AM.

Btw, this reminds me of Mojian whereby the male good-guy lead is also blasted by the viewers. Instead, they were charmed by the 2nd bad-guy lead played by Xiezhi who was named the most popular and charismatic villian. ShaoBing who played ChangFeng in Mojian was very unprofessional for not putting in any effort to play his role. Actually, ShaoBing is a good actor (think he ever won an acting award in China) and I was charmed by him when I saw one of his earlier shows.

But according to some sources, he disliked the Mojian script so he played his role with no feelings at all ... wonder why he accept the role in the first place . The script writer was pissed off by him because he destroyed the character of ChangFeng who is more complex and interesting than how it was protrayed by ShaoBing. He said that after the team watched the finished product before Mojian was released, they knew that Xiezhi will overshadow the main lead. Maybe that was why Xiezhi's picture is more prominent on their publicity posters and VCD/DVD covers.

So though the storyline & plots are important, the actors/actresses are equally important as they bring life to the characters and through their interpretations will thus influence how the viewers perceive their screen characters.

Sorry for this long meaningless post. Since there is no progress on ZQMTX yet so I can only rant about other stuff
    Yes you right exadel, Shao Bing played Can Feng Role is very boring and unprofessional. If Xie Zhi played Can Feng Role, its will good and interesting.

I'm lazy if 1 episode nothing Xie Zhi, its very boring and not interesting. yesterday I watching Mojian in DVD episode 15, 16 & 17. In That Episode nothing Xie Zhi, its really boring

I thinks although Xie Zhi put in bad guys, but I like his acting and his face is very handsome.

until now I still don't understand why Mojian producer film put Xie Zhi played Ren Tian Xing not Yan Can Feng Role?? and they promoted that film with Xie Zhi face in poster / cover while they know Xie Zhi is prominent for Promoted Mo Jian Film.

Like me, I buy that film because in that film there are Xie Zhi because I thinks Xie Zhi will played starring in that film. If I know Xie Zhi not played starring in Mo Jian Film, maybe I don't want buy that film, only rental

I bought the Mojian DVD too but do not have the time to watch the entire series yet. Of course, I have seen those parts with Xiezhi first just to see how he fared in his first wuxia show. Although his acting is good in his show, I feel that he has improved a lot more in ZQMTX.

Btw, Xiezhi said that the producer offered both roles to him. After looking through the script, Xiezhi decided to act as Ren QianXing as this role is more challenging. I suspect he also wanted to act as a bad guy for a change.

I bought the Mojian DVD too but do not have the time to watch the entire series yet. Of course, I have seen those parts with Xiezhi first just to see how he fared in his first wuxia show. Although his acting is good in his show, I feel that he has improved a lot more in ZQMTX.

Btw, Xiezhi said that the producer offered both roles to him. After looking through the script, Xiezhi decided to act as Ren QianXing as this role is more challenging. I suspect he also wanted to act as a bad guy for a change.
    Now, I'm every night watching Mo Jian before I'm sleeping.

hmm... so Xie Zhi choose Ren Tian Xing role for More Challenging. He is really great and want risking for improve his acting. I will support for him

Thanks Exadel for sharing

I guess Xiezhi is not back to film ZQMTX yet as they have not confirmed the actress for the new female character. But guess he should be back soon based on this piece of news: http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2008/...oday-show5.htm

This is the part that is relevant to ZQMTX:
    「真情滿天下」在孫協志暫時消失後,編劇積極把陳昭榮、周幼婷送作堆,眼見劇中的「昌慧配」沒刺激到收視, 還有觀眾看得激還大罵「雅雯(張鳳書飾演)屍骨未寒,世昌怎能變心﹖」
    劇組最近物色新角色,網友還在討論區熱烈討論誰是最適合加入的新角色,最近剛回國的簡沛恩、曾演過三立戲劇 的林立青、台語流利的謝金燕和胡利都被提及,但據了解,雀屏中選的是這兩年頗受8點檔觀眾喜的簡沛恩,最快 下週就會定裝。

It says that after Xiezhi left the show temporarily, the script focused on pairing up Chen ZhaoRong and Zhou YouTing. However, this did not improve the show's ratings but instead earned the wrath of the viewers who felt that ZhiHong/ShiChang has a change of heart too soon after YaWen's death. It then mentioned about the search for a new female star and it was understood that they have chosen Jian PeiEn (who acted as Ah Xiu in Liu Bo Wen). She will probably go for the costume-fitting session next week.

Based on this news report, I guess Xiezhi and the new female character will probably appear at end of next week's episodes or the week after. Just like everyone else, I guess the new character is Fang YuTing (Jianzhou's younger sister).

Btw, Malaysia TV channel will be showing ZQMTX next week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GdFwphYVk. I doubt that the cast members are able to find time to promote the show in Malaysia unless Xiezhi goes over there before he returns to film ZQMTX.

Hmm seems like the producers of ZQMTX tried their luck too far by rehashing a well trodden plot and now are fire fighting. Really hope Xiezhi's return will truly make a difference in the ratings and show his calibre and value as an actor.

Btw, Malaysia TV channel will be showing ZQMTX next week http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3GdFwphYVk. I doubt that the cast members are able to find time to promote the show in Malaysia unless Xiezhi goes over there before he returns to film ZQMTX.
    I knew it! That was one of the reasons that I believe XZ will never be written out of the script even if the ratings are worse that it is now. Usually characters are written out if ratings are bad, as low ratings = less money, from commercials. But in XZ's case, low ratings doesn't = less money as it can be made by selling the show overseas.

I'm not sure about this, but is it the first time a taiwanese series is shown in another country's TV while it is still filming in taiwan? The ones I know are only shown after they have finished filming.

XZ was definitely added because he has commercial value. Next you'll probably hear that it'll show in another Asean Country.

Wow- what a lot of posts! I am so glad that the SETTV producers are learning their lesson with the lower ratings of ZQMTX and viewer opinions on the so-so story and mediocre acting of the main leads these couple of weeks. I am sure that Xiezhi's reappearance will generate higher ratings for the show.

It's a good sign that other countries are starting to broadcast it- It does show that Xiezhi has market potential. And I agree about Mo Jian- Xiezhi drew a lot of attention as Ren Qian Xing than Shao Bing as the wooden Cang Feng. Overall- despite Shao Bing, I thought Mo Jian was a pretty good series since the story was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1 View Post
    Wow- what a lot of posts! I am so glad that the SETTV producers are learning their lesson with the lower ratings of ZQMTX and viewer opinions on the so-so story and mediocre acting of the main leads these couple of weeks. I am sure that Xiezhi's reappearance will generate higher ratings for the show.

It's a good sign that other countries are starting to broadcast it- It does show that Xiezhi has market potential. And I agree about Mo Jian- Xiezhi drew a lot of attention as Ren Qian Xing than Shao Bing as the wooden Cang Feng. Overall- despite Shao Bing, I thought Mo Jian was a pretty good series since the story was interesting.
    yes mojian story is very interesting. but if nothing Ren Qian Xing is 1 episode is very boring because Shao Bing acting is very wooden and nothing feeling. I watching until episode 22 when Ren Qian Xing is fight Yan Can Feng and Yan Can Feng can remember his memory and defeat Ren Qian Xing. I thinks Ren Qian Xing is Guan Yi Tian son because his blood can give power with the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyana View Post
    yes mojian story is very interesting. but if nothing Ren Qian Xing is 1 episode is very boring because Shao Bing acting is very wooden and nothing feeling. I watching until episode 22 when Ren Qian Xing is fight Yan Can Feng and Yan Can Feng can remember his memory and defeat Ren Qian Xing. I thinks Ren Qian Xing is Guan Yi Tian son because his blood can give power with the sword.

You're not suppose to tell the story out in detail!! it's a spoiler for people who hadn't watched it yet!

If they are really worried about the lower ratings then they should have made Mingjie return to the show by now. Actually, the reporters are just quoting from the viewers' postings on the forums and that might not represent the views of the big bosses at settv. Btw, there is an online poll and ZQMTX is voted as the 8pm show with the most far-fetched or illogical storyline. And Director Feng Kai's response was that the viewers can say what they like.

Today's news also reported that Xiezhi went for a recording on Wang Pai CEO, a talk show hosted by Chen ZhaoRong, and this is proof that there is no conflict between them. There is a call-out segment to test if they are able to get their friends to lend them money unconditionally. Xiezhi called Shaowei who agreed to lend him NT$500 without the need to return him the money. Poor Xiezhi, he really has very few friends and this thrifty guy is still wearing this same jacket.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/CEO.jpg')

Oh, the 2nd part of this show 超级乐8点 that 5566 recorded about a year ago is finally shown on China TV last week. Enjoy:

Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/aSuWdt86qmk/
    Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JdqFbfrFq_I/

And I hope that ZQMTX will do well in Malaysia and help raise Xiezhi's and 5566 popularity there to a higher level.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-20-08 at 12:13 PM.

Yeah- I agree with you, exadel- I thought Xiezhi would have shown up in one of last week's episodes already. Hopefully he will be returning this week. Don't know what the higher ups at SETTV are thinking. Maybe they want to prolong the suspense for those of us who are waiting for Mingjie's return? Who knows.

Hope that the screenwriters for ZQMTX can improve the storyline- it's a shame that viewers think that it is becoming illogical.

Xiezhi really is a thrifty guy- I think he started wearing this jacket last year when he was promoting Mo Jian.

Quote Originally Posted by hotasuki View Post
    You're not suppose to tell the story out in detail!! it's a spoiler for people who hadn't watched it yet!
    hehehe yes, I'm. not suppose to tell the story out in detail.

This is detail for my storry

The story is until 21 - 22 when Ren Qian Xing is jealous with Yan Can Feng who Yi Yi loved. and Ren Qian Xing killed Yan Can Feng until Yan Can Feng Fall in river. and Ren Qian Xing is lie to Yi Yi that Phing Erl killed Yan Can Feng. Yi Yi don't believe and she find Yan Can Feng but She is not find him.

Ren Qian Xing try to ingratiate in order that Yi Yi can love him because Yan Can Feng is death. Ren Qian Xing is succed make Yi Yi believe him but Yi Yi can't forget Yan Can Feng.

Cien Siung find Yan Can Feng in river bank and she attend Can Feng. but Can Feng lost in memory and don't know his name. Cien Siung give him name is Sui Lai (come in water). and she is loved Yan Can Feng and don't want Yan Can Feng is going and stay in her home.

Cien Siung is girls who disguise as man because his father don't want have girls child so her mother don't want Cien Siung Dad know that Cien Siung is women. and Father hope can make Lin Suang Sword and find magic stone who can make Lin Suang Sword. but after he get Lin Suang Sword, Lin Suang Sword not succed to make.

at the moment Father Cien Siung know that Cien Siung is women when Cien Siung want to go with Yan Can Feng but He is not angry and he want Yan Can Feng get married with Cien Siung

Cien Siun and Yan Can Feng get married, He Lien Pa, Ren Cien Xing come to Cien Siung home and father Cien Siung arrange to fight with his Son in law. and He Lien Pa send Ren Qien Xing to fight with him. But He Lien Pa is shocked when he know Yan Can Feng is Son In Law's Cien Siung Father.

When Ren Qian Xing fight with Yan Can Feng, Yan Can Feng is lose and fall. at the moment, Yan Can Feng remember his memory and fight again with Ren Qian Xing and Ren Qian Xing is lose.
    Cien Siung's Father said with Can Feng to stopped Fight. when Can Feng remember his memory, he don't want married with Cien Siung and want going to find Yi Yi. Cien Siung allow Can Feng is go for her.

He Lian Pa and brother Guan Yi Thien want to see Lin Suang Sword but Cien Siung's Father is confused why Lin Suang Sword not Succed to make and brother Guan Yi Thien Said that Lin Suang Sword need Guan Yi Thien blood but Guan Yi Thien is Death so Lin Suang Sword can't to make.

Cien Siung's Father call his guard to carry Guan Yi Thien's son. Brother Guan Yi Thien is shocked and don't know Guan Yi Thien have child and He Fight with Cien Siung's father and its make Guan Yi Thien Son is death and the blood inset in sword but Lin Suang sword not changed.

He Lien Pa feel Brother Guan Yi Thien is lie and fight with him but He Lien Pa is lose. He Lien Pa command with Ren Qian Xing that He Kill Cien siung's Father but when Ren Qien Xing want to prick with sword to stomach Cien Siung's Father, Cien Siung protected his father and she is draw blood. and Cien Siung's Father is hit to Ren Qian Xing and Ren Qian Xing Blood insert to Lin Suang Sword and the sword get the power.

Yan Can Feng come and regret because he leave her and Cien Siung is death in Can Feng embrace.

its story episode 22
    Last edited by Sillyana; 09-22-08 at 01:28 AM.

Yeah- I agree with you, exadel- I thought Xiezhi would have shown up in one of last week's episodes already. Hopefully he will be returning this week. Don't know what the higher ups at SETTV are thinking. Maybe they want to prolong the suspense for those of us who are waiting for Mingjie's return? Who knows.
    I doubt that the big bosses are so kind to Xiezhi. I am now beginning to believe what the TW viewers had been saying all along .... that Zhou YouTing is Director Feng Kai's pet and he is heavily promoting her, and Chen ZhaoRong has clout in settv which is why both their characters in ZQMTX can do no wrong and will not be scolded or slapped by the other characters in the show.

Haha, last week's ratings has dipped further to a low 3.09.

週一至週五八點檔(2008.9.15-2008.9.19)

1 娘家 (民視) 5.55
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 3.09
    3 懷玉傳奇千金媽祖(台視) 2.11
    4 歡喜來逗陣(華視) (9/15-17) 1.34
    5 牽牛花開的日子(中視) 1.20
    6 鹿鼎記(中視) 1.16
    7 三明治先生(9/17-19)NEW 1.09

For the last 3 weeks, the ratings was 3.67 (the week that Mingjie left in Wed episode) then dropped to 3.27 and is now 3.09.

Frankly, I feel that the damage is already done and the re-appearance of Mingjie and introduction of new characters may not bring much improvement to the ratings. Perhaps the ratings may become slightly better but may not go back to the earlier average of 3.8 or so. But I will be most glad to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-22-08 at 09:15 AM.

Yeah- I agree with you, exadel- I thought Xiezhi would have shown up in one of last week's episodes already. Hopefully he will be returning this week.

Hope that the screenwriters for ZQMTX can improve the storyline- it's a shame that viewers think that it is becoming illogical.
    I think they are prob deciding how to proceed with the story. The return of mingjie would be the most appropriate chance to start anew. So they need to be more stringent, as it's a do or die situation.

The story is a little illogical after mingjie left. it's as if they they don't know what to do and making things up as they go along. When Mingjie was around at least there was a story that you could follow. Now it's situation where it dosn't matter whether you watch it or not cause you'll be able to pick it up if you watch it again.

I do realize that ZQMTX sorts of lack a love rivalry situation which they are trying to add in currently but kinda hard when you don't have any feelings for the couple they are trying to promote. (as they arn't the origina pair that people like towatch) I think the addition of zhang fengshu's character was a mistake from the start. which lead to the mass disgust at the new pairing currently. It would have been better if jihong was single from the start and there was love rivalry between mingjie and him together with the parental problems.

I would imagine one of the problems the higher ups have with the storyline would be how bad would mingjie be. Will he return as the main antagonist or as a supporter of the main lead.

If it was up to me, Mingjie would meet with an accident in China, lose his memory (mom either died or in coma) meet his new girlfriend and returned as the main antagonist. Really bad person. That's how they can end the story, when he regains his memory again. One of the comments they have in the show is that the title was about family warmth, so how could the leads turn against each other without betraying the motto of the show's title?

I think you have a point there, hotasuki. Mingjie's return is a do or die situation since the ratings dropped so drastically over the last 3 weeks. That is not a bad suggestion for a scenario, either. I just hope that Xiezhi returns soon.

Based on this news report, I guess Xiezhi and the new female character will probably appear at end of next week's episodes or the week after. Just like everyone else, I guess the new character is Fang YuTing (Jianzhou's younger sister).
    Oops, wrong guess. Jian PeiEn appeared in yesterday's episode as another character, XiaoQiao who was and probably is still in love with ZhiHong/ShiChang. According to today's news, it says that her role (just like the other new character Nam Ge or ChongMing) is another catalyst to speed up the romance of ShiChang and DeHui. Btw, the report also states that there is no date for Xiezhi's return (遙遙無期). Here's the report if you are interested to see it: http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT7/4530462.shtml

I agree with Hotasuki that the story is illogical after Mingjie left. The higher ups proabably felt that only the pairing of ShiChang and DeHui can rescue the ratings since they were so well received as a couple in their earlier show. So after Mingjie left, they only focused on pairing them up but did it too quickly with lousy plots which did not go down well with the viewers. In addition, the other characters also edged on their romance as if YaWen and Mingjie whom they are supposed to love very dearly had never existed at all.

Now that the ratings has become worse, they tried to inject some drama to the show. But again bad things only happen to the other characters causing even more displeasure among the viewers. I wonder if Mingjie's delayed return is because the scriptwriters do not know how to bring him back or they now think his character is redundant.
    Last edited by exadel; 09-24-08 at 12:56 AM.