Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

Quote Originally Posted by exadel View Post
    Chen ZhaoRong then wrote on his blog that he could not understand why his good guy character was so disliked by the viewers. He even wrote that if he were ZhiHong, he would have given Mingjie a good beating.
    Okay, on a positive note, He would think this way because he's gotten into the role of ZhiHong.

I find it not hard to understand the reaction of the viewers, as Mingjie's character is closer to the viewers, or rather, if the same thing happened to us, we certainly wouldn't be able to forgave zhihong, that is is seen by the people around us as 'good' would make us hate him even more. That would be the reaction of normal people. If anyone expects us to like Zhihong, then I can only say that they have lived in a fairytale world for too long. Afterall, everybody hates being victimise.

If you refer to the anime Code Gress, you'll find the same situation, the lead Leloch is more than willing to throw away the lives of others to win. His rival Suzaku doesn't want lives to be lost unneccessarily. Chooses to submission instead of Leloch's rebellion, though both of them has the same ideals (working towards the same final result) Suzaku was seriously hated by all the fans till recently when he join forces with Leloch. In terms of morality, you've got to admit that Leloch is the bad guy, a terrorist in fact. But you can't help but support him.

I personally think it's because people subconciously realise that there are no perfect people in this world, hence more able to relate to the character with flaws, and view the perfect character with suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by bonniec1 View Post
    Love the pics of Xiezhi in the baseball charity event. He looks so cute and happy.
    More pictures of Xiezhi and Mengzhe at the baseball charity event posted on the blog of this fan: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/vickytsai72/gallery He wore 2 T-shirts which makes me think of Mingjie.

Is the episode of WPDJD on tudou? Just curious about what they said about characters that disappear.
    You can watch that 24 Sep 08 episode of WPDJD on youtube and the portion about characters that disappear is at Part 5 (about 4.22 mins): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB8uampGIzY

Today there is news about ZQMTX but it is about Chen ZhaoRong taking a 5-day break to film a movie in Japan. So the crew is rushing his scenes to avoid the awkward situation whereby both male leads disappeared from the screen. Anyway, the report again said that there is no fixed date for Xiezhi's return although his supporters had been asking about this on the net.

Ok, my theory --> Mingjie will not return and ZQMTX will end when they finally pair up ShiChang & Dehui and ZiLiang & Weiwei. The money that Xiezhi spent on his new clothes was actually meant for his new role in the next 8pm show.

Just to share the picture in today's news report.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/8fac33c716d4c3c6d0006003.jpg')

Last week's ratings has gone up to 3.31. Most viewers (and I agree) attributed that to the introduction of Jian PeiEn. Her character XiaoQiao is said to be quite refreshing and she also brought along 3 female sidekicks who can fight better than Ah Wen, Big Baddie Fang's handsome sidekick.

Jian PeiEn used to be in supporting roles but I think she became popular after Liu Bo Wen and is now considered a female lead. Hence, she has her own legion of fans who are excited that she has a part in ZQMTX.

1 娘家 (民 视) 5.65
    2 真情满天下 (三立) 3.31
    3 怀玉传奇千金妈祖(台视) 1.98
    4 牵牛花开的日子(中视) (9/22-25) 1.41
    5 鹿鼎记(中视) 0.99
    6 三明治先生(9/17-19) 0.79

Poor Xiezhi. His career hadn't been smooth since last year or was it 2 years ago? I thought that things are picking up for him when he signed on with settv to be on taiyu shows and then was given a lead role in ZQMTX, a show by an award-winning director. Despite what happened, I do agree with Hotasuki that Xiezhi is the Director's pet because of the way ZQMTX was written. Perhaps things could have turned out differently if they hadn't insisted on getting Chen ZhaoRong to be in this show as well.

Oh well, I hope Jungiery pays him well for his management position there so that at least he does not have to worry too much about his livelihood. I hope Sun Zhong helps him take on wuxia shows in China - better pay, better filming schedule and no stress over ratings.

Of the 4 guys in 5566, I think Xiezhi is most suitable for period dramas especially sword-fighting shows, and maybe Renfu is next but more suitable as the scholarly type of guy.

Of the 4 guys in 5566, I think Xiezhi is most suitable for period dramas especially sword-fighting shows, and maybe Renfu is next but more suitable as the scholarly type of guy.
    I would have thought Mengzhe, but his role will be limited to short hair characters and possibly monks only. The crop he sported for the period of Mr. Fighting would work in period dramas but it would mean that he can't be the lead.

I think most of you prob realize by now that I'm also an anime fan by now. (One of the reason why I only watch idol drama from set TV only, cause don't really like manga converted scripts in taiwanese idol dramas only) Previously was hooked to an anime called saiunkoku that has the settings in ancient china. I can't help but feel that the female lead's dad gaves out the same aura as XZ, though the youngest he could be would be like early 40s. ahhh shouka sama's soo cool!

I got so obsessed with it I started putting the rest of them into the story and started chosing filming locations for them. can't believe I did that.

Renfu with his hair tied back is soooo.... suitable to be a jian shang and not so honarable merchant. he needs roles that allows his hair to fall down to cover his cheekbones. Shao wei is like.. have you seen him in e nu ah chu? can't see lah.

Sorry, I am not an anime fan so I can't contribute to this topic . Btw, I do hope that Xiezhi gets a chance to act in a TV series adapted from an anime or manga like Xian Jian or Feng Yun. Although there are bound to be lots of controversies over the casting even before the show is telecast, at least half the battle is won as the show would have already drawn lots of attention from the anime/manga fans.

As for 5566 in period dramas, personally I feel that pretty guys like Renfu and Mengzhe will look good in such shows. Actually my favourite wuxia actors happen to be pretty guys like Huang Hai Bing, Ren Quan, Shao Feng and Vincent Jiao EnJun.

But I feel that Mengzhe is disadvantaged by his size. He is already large-size so he will look even more bulky with the layers of cloths (they usually wear 2 layers and even more if the show is filmed in winter) unless it is a fantasy show with modern-day type costumes. Oh yes, Renfu can be a mysterious guy with long flowing hair covering part of his face and they can focus on his beautiful eyes .

Despite the elaborate costumes, Xiezhi looks tall in Mojian because he is slender and has good proportions. Besides, his toned and muscular arms make him look convincing as a swordsman. I feel that he is suitable for wuxia shows because he knows the correct martial arts poses and actions since he had learnt self-defence from his uncle and also had some acrobatic training for his showbiz career. Grrrr, I miss his action scenes in ZQMTX!

I did not watch e nu ah chu but I saw the picture of Shaowei in period costume. I know it is not fair to judge him from one picture but I feel that he looks dull in those type of make-up. He reminds me of the HK actors Sunny Chan and Kelvin Cheng who are good-looking guys but they somehow do not look charismatic in period shows. Anyway, Shaowei is always playing the female role in those WQYL Chinese New Year special programmes so can't really tell if he will make a suave swordsman.

Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that all of them have a chance to be in a wuxia show. I want them to show their critics that they are versatile artistes who are game to try anything. It is good that Renfu already has a chance to be in a stage play and Shaowei will be in a movie soon.

Can I stop the topic for the moment and ask everyone how popular are 5566 currently, in your repective country? I've only started liking them in the summer of 2006 because unfortunately, I'd moved to UK since 2002-2003. So i'm a bit lost now. Only knew that their popularity is dwindling in taiwan.

Hmm- well I still hope that Xiezhi will return to ZQMTX, but also really hope that he takes up a new series as well. I think out of 5566, he is the most versatile and can act in modern or ancient series. Shaowei in ancient costume would be so-so, but Renfu and Mengzhe should be ok.

Anyways, about 5566's popularity here (in Canada- Toronto)- I wouldn't know about their popularity prior to 2007 since I only started liking Xiezhi and watching Taiwanese series in Jan 2007, but I don't really think they are that popular now. However, compared to last year, I think they gained some popularity after their new album and appearances in Mainland Chinese tv shows. Last year it was really hard to find their tv series DVDs, at least now a lot of stores carry them (though I think pirated versions.)
    Last edited by bonniec1; 10-01-08 at 08:08 PM.

I think the situation over here in Singapore is similar to Taiwan. They were super hot when they first started and was one of the most talked about boybands then. They made history here by having the biggest turn-out for any meet-the-fans session (but I can't remember the exact number) and they also held their first concert in Singapore, not Taiwan as proof of their popularity here. Besides holding their own concerts here for 3 consecutive years (2003, 2004 & 2005), they & sometimes along with the other Jstar artistes were often invited to perform in mini-concerts or at some of our major events or charity shows.

Just like in Taiwan, their popularity here dipped in the recent 2 years because they have less projects = less exposure = less publicity. Of course their fan base here shrunk but there will still be a respectable crowd to support them if they come here, just like what happened last year when they were here to promote their 4th album. Afterall, we don't get to see foreign stars in person that often.

Oh, yesterday's Wang Pai CEO is a must-see programme. The show is funny and Xiezhi was so chatty. His call-out to Shaowei is hilarious and I still can't believe that he dared to crack that joke.

Here are the clips, don't miss it:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndJ6rlx_3k
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIIS_ky6PQ
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joZbm-ryPDI
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1h5NyBTTC0
    Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtjlf_w6tqk

or

Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bBvYjZwQnhk/
    Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/w_cntTce44o/

Thanks for the links, exadel. I have to watch it for sure then.

Anyways, if I remember correctly, I think Xiezhi mentioned on a show last year when he was promoting Full Count, that he doesn't really get paid much for his management work in Jungiery. I think the show was the one where he showed off his horror movie collection.

I just hope that he either returns to ZQMTX or starts a new project soon.

Wonder how Renfu's play is doing?

I heard that it's got great reviews.

The fans saw Xiezhi at the play. 1 of them left a message on the SETTV forum that he was sitting beside her, causing her to be super nervous. Apparantly many fans anticipated that the 56 members will be there so brought along their 'Bravo' CD for autographs.

Who's zhiming btw if any of you read the message at that forum.

If you are still interested, here's last week's ratings for ZQMTX. No change in rating as it is still 3.31 but the rating for the #1 show has improved and I think there is no way they can overtake that show even if they bring back Mingjie.

1 娘家 (民视) 5.97
    2 真情满天下 (三立) 3.31
    3 怀玉传奇千金妈祖(台视)(9/29-10/2) 1.91
    4 牵牛花开的日子(中视)(9/29-10/2) 1.53
    5 百万小学堂(台视)(10/3) 1.38
    6 鹿鼎记(中视)(10/3) 1.12
    7 三明治先生(华视) 0.71

Remember we were hoping that when XiaoFang rejects XinGe again, it was meant to develop the storyline for XiaoFang and Mingjie when he returns. Well, it seems that the purpose of this rejection is actually to pave the way for the exit of XinGe. He had an accident, broke his leg, got rejected by XiaoFang and then disappeared as he was sent to recuperate in a Taipei hospital. However, Jiang GuoBing (the actor for XinGe) said on his blog that he is unlikely to return to ZQMTX. What a waste as I like this character XinGe . This is a weird show, it is like playing musical chairs. They brought in a number of new characters but got rid of some of the existing cast - Mingjie and his mother (their fate in ZQMTX are tied together), his grandmother, XinGe & his sidekick ZhengHao, Da Li and JianZhou.

Yes Bonniec, Xiezhi said on Wang Pai Da Yan Jin that he wasn't paid much for his management work in Jungiery. But we do not know his yardstick for measuring his pay. Haha, perhaps his "not much" could mean alot to us normal salaried employees. Afterall, he is the Director of Publicity (loose translation) in Jungiery and they can't be paying him peanuts.

Hotasuki, Zhiming is the Jungiery staff who accompanies 5566 wherever they go. He is always the one who travels with them on their overseas trips. Btw, another fan who saw Xiezhi at the play said that XiaoS was seated in the row behind him and he kept turning back to talk to her during the intermission.
    Last edited by exadel; 10-06-08 at 10:19 AM.

Btw, another fan who saw Xiezhi at the play said that XiaoS was seated in the row behind him and he kept turning back to talk to her during the intermission.
    Ha! I remember, I think it was in kangxi (2004), that when Xiezhi just came out as a taiyu singer, ASOS and him kept going to the same activities. Xiao S said DaS tried to match make the 2 of them back then, cause they kept chatting with each other!

Ha ha true, exadel- I guess whatever Xiezhi makes in Jungiery would be way more than average salaried employees.

It sounds like the plot in ZQMTX is getting more and more convoluted.

I wonder if there was any news coverage of him (and other celebs) attending Renfu's play? 5566 fans in Taiwan are so lucky since they can probably quite easily see them in public places/ or even know them through connections. I don't know how I would react if I discovered that Xiezhi was sitting next to me- maybe faint first?

Ha ha true, exadel- I guess whatever Xiezhi makes in Jungiery would be way more than average salaried employees.

It sounds like the plot in ZQMTX is getting more and more convoluted.

I wonder if there was any news coverage of him (and other celebs) attending Renfu's play? 5566 fans in Taiwan are so lucky since they can probably quite easily see them in public places/ or even know them through connections. I don't know how I would react if I discovered that Xiezhi was sitting next to me- maybe faint first?
    That's not true. I went to Taipei this summer. I made a list in the beginning of my trip of nouns (people, places, and things) I would like to encounter, and 5566 was on top of my list. I did not see them at all. They were rarely on tv, had no advertisements (SHE was all over public transportation (bus), Fahrenheit had plenty of commercials, Jerry Yan's image greeted you every time you pass a 7/11 (which is on every street corner)), and I did not encounter them walking in the streets (I did see by2 at taipei square and someone that looked very much like Show Luo was doing a segment for his show and bumped into my shoulder before he left the scene (Ximending) though).

I searched many record stores looking for 5566 albums and merchandise and was told several times by the cashiers "mei you" after I clumsily asked "nimen you meiyou wuwuliuliu de ge?" I finally stumbled upon a record store that sold used cds and stuff. They had a really big section dedicated to second-hand 5566 stuff (which imply quite a bit, if you understand my meaning). On a happier note, I got my sister a fan that is decorated with a life-size image of XieZhi's head
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Thanks jolene_56 for the links to WQYL on 18 sept.
    Thanks exadel for the brith explaination and the links to WPDJD.

The channel that shows ZQMTX in SG cable is it need to subscribe? or only suttain plains that can watch?

Oh dear, the situation for 5566 in Taiwan is worse than I thought. Sometimes I wonder about their source of income and how they sustain their lifestyle. There is a saying in Taiwan that the life-span of an idol group is about 3 years. So far, SHE is the most successful group probably because there is no competition .. no other decent female groups. Although 5566 is still together (but that is because they are also doing alot of solo stuff), it is true that a number of boybands had already disbanded.

pat/clare - The new SG cable channel that will be showing ZQMTX is Ruyi Hokkien Channel. It is a On Demand TV channel so you need a HubStation before you can view this channel. The subscription rate is $6 per month.

Yes- that does sound depressing. But I am surprised that the stores didn't carry their new album. It supposedly did sell much better than anticipated...

Yes- that does sound depressing. But I am surprised that the stores didn't carry their new album. It supposedly did sell much better than anticipated...
    I went to at least eight different places in Taipei and then went to the record place in the airport. The record store that sells used stuff (near Taipei square and Taipei main station) had a big section for them, the two/three high-end (big) places have only their new albums, and the rest did not. One place was mostly dedicated to oldies and american classical stuff, but they did have a small section for the young-uns (idol stuff, etc.) where I spoted Jam's and Show Luo's newly released stuff and some old f4 stuff. Other places have f4, SHE, some 183club, but no 5566. The airport record store had some of the J-stars karaoke collection in the discount bin.

The thing that annoyed me though was the lack of advertisements. I expected some bus, windows, or street ads, but I saw none. Futhermore, they had no commericals. Farenheit was always on the tube selling cola and sports drink and jello stuff (C.C. Lemon is an annoying commercial) and Big and Sm S have plenty of ads and commercial too. And of course, the great Jerry Yan. Show Luo and Jam and Yoga and Jade were also highly promoted because they released some new stuff while I was there. However, the only time I saw 5566 is either in the sparse episodes of WQYL, where you hardly see them due to the gossip and behind the scenes look on Fated to Love You, etc., a few game show (bingo pool co-hosted by Xiao Qiao) and XieZhi in that day soap drama. Actually, if I didn't know better, I would think he was the star of that show. He was always present on the behind the scenes stuff (memorable one was when they were discussing how he likes to correct ppl's taiyu) and episode previews seemed mostly focused on him. It's said to know that they took him out of the show now. His character was so angsty (though I think I like the semi-bad richish character more).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Oh dear, the situation for 5566 in Taiwan is worse than I thought. Sometimes I wonder about their source of income and how they sustain their lifestyle. There is a saying in Taiwan that the life-span of an idol group is about 3 years. So far, SHE is the most successful group probably because there is no competition .. no other decent female groups. Although 5566 is still together (but that is because they are also doing alot of solo stuff), it is true that a number of boybands had already disbanded.

pat/clare - The new SG cable channel that will be showing ZQMTX is Ruyi Hokkien Channel. It is a On Demand TV channel so you need a HubStation before you can view this channel. The subscription rate is $6 per month.
    yes, you right SHE is the most successful group than other group singer. I see boyband F4 also never together again. They are sing and acting alone, not based their group.