Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1970

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

Quote Originally Posted by hotasuki View Post
    ZQMTX ep 114, they can't the opening theme, why, I liked the last theme. Why does AnAn have to like Shechang?? NOW! I won't even be surprised if MJ later found out that he actually also liked SC & decide to come out of the closet.
    Nooooo, I want Mingjie to be with Ziliang! Unfortunately, they are having 2 separate storylines for these 2 guys and there is no interaction between them at all Btw, there is a chance that AnAn is faking her illness and maybe she does not really like ShiChang but is just taking revenge on Dehui.

I have now lost the urge to watch ZQMTX even for those parts with Mingjie only. Instead, I have been keeping up with the story by reading the live commentary on baidu forum.

Episode 114: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_PMVA8ffkGw/
    Episode 115 (no Mingjie at all): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/v70K4UTqQ4Y/

Hotasuki, it is ok to discuss RF or any of the other 56 members here. Afterall, they are like brothers and sometimes it is difficult to talk about one person without mentioning the others. Oh dear, I have been rather behind with WQYL. Will have to catch-up and watch RF wedding specials this weekend.

I think Sun Zhong did say that hosting is the best way to stay long-term in showbiz. I hope he had seriously mapped out their careers for them. But seems that Sun Zhong is now stationed in China most of the time and it is always the female manager, Li Shixiang who answers press questions about the Jstar artistes.

Btw, Shaowei should be officially launching his bread cafe this month. Wonder if there are any showbiz projects for him after that.

Quote Originally Posted by exadel View Post
    Actually, I can also understand how his mom feels and sympathise with her to a certain extent but I just can't agree with the way she handles her son's affairs. The fact that her ex-husband left her for another woman when she is pregnant with XZ must have affected her very badly. As a result, her only son is very precious to her and she fears that he will be cheated too (in one of her blog entries, she said that the two men in her life are lured away by Taipei women). Btw, she is on medication for depression so that could also affect her moods to a certain extent.

Anyway, she has every right to hate her son's girlfriend. She can curse and swear at DXQ or even beat up her own son in private, and no one will care about that. But I feel sorry for them when she chose to write such negative stuff about them on her blog thus harming their reputation. She should not be so naive as to think that a personal blog is really "private and personal". She should know that reporters are eagerly reading her blog for juicy stuff to write about especially those trashy papers that love to attack 5566.

5566 popularity has dipped in the past 2 years but I think XZ taking on ZQMTX and RF good-father image had helped won over more people - maybe not new fans but at least less criticism from the general public. XZ in ZQMTX showed viewers that he is a good actor and a hardworking and serious artiste. The TW ptt forum, which is famed for being anti-5566 is quite an interesting place. I came across a thread where a XZ news was posted & someone asked "how come no one is bashing 5566 now?" and others replied "XZ is actually an ok person" & "I can't bear to bash people who likes baseball and is doing charity" which means people are noticing his positive traits more. I suspect that the good crowd at the recent charity baseball match (compared to the miserable turn-out last year) is somewhat related to his higher profile and non-idol image due to ZQMTX.

As for RF, someone's niece or nephew is in the same playgroup as Lele and has commented on a dance session the kids did. She said that RF and JQ dress simply and have no airs. RF was patiently helping his daughter with her dance moves and even make monkey faces/actions along with the rest of the class, that is he does not behave like an idol.

Haha, it is now up to SW and MZ to be given good projects to help maintain 5566 improved reputation ....
    I totally agree with you Exadel. I hope that his mom will realize how much she is hurting him and his reputation. I also think that XZ should tell his mom and have a talk with her too. However, I remember that XZ said he isn't really the type to have deep talks with his mom. I hope that she keeps everything in private so that she will not hurt their reputation anymore.

I am glad that more and more people are realizing the good things about 5566. I think every group and artist goes through that so that is normal. No one can be liked by everyone. I just don't like it when people continuously start hate groups and go around bashing people they don't like. Do they have nothing else to do??

Great to hear RF is getting involved in his daughter's dance classes. I am glad that normal citizens are learning how humble he and JQ are.

I hope that MZ and SW will get more great projects so that they can make 5566 more known and strong...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by pat/clare View Post
    Hotasuki, i don't think they are either one of the religent that you had mantiond. But according to the rules of the 2 religent, either one must be in it.
    Ya i do hope that SZ will give SW and MZ a good project too! and 5566 will be like before with alot of fans surrounding them.
    Actually, i didn't know what did XZ wrote in his 2 books as it is too long for my mother or my friends to read it to me.
    Wow Trinie! you have so many siblings!C
    Well every artist and group's popularity will go up and down, so it is always a struggle. I hope that they will rise in popularity again. They also have other groups to compete against like Fei Lun Hai and Lollipop too. It is normal and fair though.
    I thought you read XZ's books too. I remember some things he said in there since it really inspires me too. Yea, I do have a lot of siblings, but it is not necessarily a good thing because I am the only girl too.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie, i can understand how you feel as the only daughter in the family because i'm one too!
    Thanks exadel for the tudou clips. Ya you had miss up alot of their BTS of wedding photoshut.

vote for 56 at this website:http://ent.cctv.com/special/08diaocha/07/10/index.shtml
    nw they are at the 1st place.

HAHAS!im the oni child too.

voted already. Will try if can vote more than once. they've got quite aloy of votes, but if you notice, most of the time, SHE and Farenheit fans will always do a mass voting last minute. About loss of popularity, I do feel that except for wu jun, lollipopboys & farenheit's pretty much start to go downhill as well, in terms of popularity, seems like they outgrown their 3 year popularity period too. Even for wu jun, I'll still need to see the boxoffice sales of his movie, to be sure.

Comparitively, 5566 are luckier, their fanbase is more wide ranging and most are more mature now, and are still supporting them. Their apparent loss of popularity was actually due to the fans maturing and not having enough time to support time more than anything. (mostly talking about the fans in taiwan, because this is where they are based) I've read many forums on fans commenting about exams, and I think many have also started their own families already.

One thing I've found quite amazing is the large no. of male fans 5566 have. XZ actually has large following of young boys due to his image as an 'action hero' in the westside story, now teenagers(lollipop boys is trying to go down this route now). renfu as well due to his craziness. Remembered 2 years ago, after RF returned from Shanghai, they had a photo taking session with fans and XZ was lamenting that one of the boys he recognised by sight, was really small and grew up to be taller than him.

I always thought that they were quite unique in their ability to attract people of all ages, regardless if male or female. Though I would imagine that the teenage boys would now rather spend money supporting the HI Girls, while still mentally supporting 5566. Yeah! I remembered that a few years back before I was a fan, I thought it was weird to see idol chasing as a family affair. Which was what the supporters of 5566 were doing.

If you notice, SHE is also similar in the sense that they have a lot of supporters, male & female. I suppose it can be concluded, that if it was just 'sex' appeal that you are selling, it's not likely for you to last long in the industry.

It was mentioned in a press report sometime back that Wu Jun's movie "Butterfly Lovers" did very badly in Taiwan but did ok in another country - maybe Hong Kong or China (can't remember). Even then, it just did ok, definitely not a box-office success otherwise there will be more news about it since it is Wu Jun's first movie. When reporters asked viewers why they think the show bombed in TW, I think someone said that when Zhu Yingtai was in boy's clothing, the viewers can't tell whether Wu Jun or Ah Sa was supposed to be the female lead

I think most people are more discerning now and idols alone does not sell a TV series or movie. For example, that basketball show with Jerry Yan, Wu Jun and Show Luo also did badly. It was in 3rd placing, or last for the idol dramas shown on the same timeslot. "Fated to Love You" was first and unbeatable, can't remember the 2nd place show and the basketball show was last and its weekly ratings is below 2.

Another example is the TV series by F4 (minus Jerry Yan) to promote TW. Can't remember the name of the show .. "Waiting for Love" or something like that and Jiqin was also in it. The ratings was also quite bad so putting the F4 members together doesn't work this time.

Boybands and cute girl groups will not last long if they are being marketed based on looks or image only. Most people view idols as all fluff and no substance and there will always be younger and fresher faces to look out for. I haven't watched shows by Farenheit and Lollipop and also never heard them sing so I can't comment about them. But they will definitely fade if they continue to be promoted as idols.

Sun Zhong actually has the foresight to properly train 5566 and market them as all-rounders. He exposed them to hosting, acting, singing, dancing, etc so that viewers can see their talent and substance. Just hope Sun Zhong has concrete plans for them and not waste such a fun and talented group as 5566.

Since you've said it's okay to put ZAx stuff here, Just a link to a magazgine interview. thought might be interested to see what his daughter looks like. I wonder if XZ has actually met his god daughter yet? Wonder if he's also the son's godfather, or is it Shaowei's turn now.

http://www.mombaby.com.tw/feature.ph...lno=0812050002

Oh also remembered that onther one of his best friends is the singaporean singer Huang Yida. Only remebered this when I saw him on WQYL
    Last edited by hotasuki; 12-06-08 at 06:46 PM.

For example, that basketball show with Jerry Yan, Wu Jun and Show Luo also did badly. It was in 3rd placing, or last for the idol dramas shown on the same timeslot. "Fated to Love You" was first and unbeatable, can't remember the 2nd place show and the basketball show was last and its weekly ratings is below 2.

Another example is the TV series by F4 (minus Jerry Yan) to promote TW. Can't remember the name of the show .. "Waiting for Love" or something like that and Jiqin was also in it. The ratings was also quite bad so putting the F4 members together doesn't work this time.
    Unfortunately, they still sell overseas. (overseas, here as in non-chinese areas.) especially japan, where the actors can earn the most money from. Those dramas being an adaptation of popular manga, has already a standard following, hence more likely to be noticed. You'll find those dramas highly talked about in international websites like Crunchyroll.

waiting for love btw has zhu xiao tian as the lead, who isn't actually that popular so I wasn't surprised it bombed. It was supposedly made for the japanese audience (to promote tourism in Taiwan) in the first place. So was Hotshot, which was part financed by a japanese company I think. F4 was the spokesperson for taiwanese tourism 1-2 years ago. when the show bombed in taiwan it got switched to fareiheit. I still think they need to stop inviting idols and asked someone they can actually be proud of. Even asking Takeshi Kinishiro (can't remember spelling) who grew up and started out in taiwan would be a better idea.

5566 are currently building up a popularity in china. so you'll find them in more chinese websites like youku, baidu, etc instead, they are even starting to disappear from youtube, where they had previously dominated.

Since you've said it's okay to put ZAx stuff here, Just a link to a magazgine interview. thought might be interested to see what his daughter looks like. I wonder if XZ has actually met his god daughter yet? Wonder if he's also the son's godfather, or is it Shaowei's turn now.

http://www.mombaby.com.tw/feature.ph...lno=0812050002

Oh also remembered that onther one of his best friends is the singaporean singer Huang Yida. Only remebered this when I saw him on WQYL
    Thanks for the link, hotasuki. My first impression of Lele is - cute little girl but so little hair. Oh dear, must be influenced by Xiezhi and his obsession with hair

I am curious whether Farenheit can do better than F4 as TW tourism ambassadors as F4 is extremely popular in Japan. Also, I remembered there was a little controversy when Farenheit was chosen because Wu Jun is from Brunei and not a TW citizen. Btw, I think they can't choose the gorgeous Takeshi because he is Japanese.

Episode 116: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uh3JvGm-8q0/
    Episode 117: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/qA10dszHL6c/
    Episode 118: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/PYxR37pEwlk/

Daily ratings from Mon to Fri episodes are 3.93, 4.02, 4.08, 4.44, 4.29. So overall rating for this week should again be higher than 4.

Gee- I feel lost again- so many posts! But that is a good thing! At least finally now I've got my computer set up. Thanks for welcoming me back too, pat/clare ( I wasn't gone that long). Anyways, I agree with you guys and think that 5566 can transform themselves from 'idols' to serious artists, especially Xiezhi. His participation in ZQMTX has definitely proved to an older audience that he is a good actor.

You are welcome bonniec1.
    Thanks exadel once again for the ZQMTX clips.
    Oh well didn't know that Zhe Li Fa Xian Ai's ratings were not that good as i think it is a nice show to watch. Especially the beautiful places that they went and film.
    I didn't know that Lele's godfather is XZ.
    Haha i thought the placement for Hot Shot will be the second place. Seems like putting the 3 guys together doesn't get the expectation of the good ratings that the newsreport said.
    Didn't mean to say this in XZ's tread but i think LZX can't act that well.
    Ya do agree with you all that 56's transform is good. And i think this is 1 of the reason which fans like us support them when they came out until now and even new fans who join us in supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by pat/clare View Post
    Didn't mean to say this in XZ's tread but i think LZX can't act that well.
    Ya do agree with you all that 56's transform is good. And i think this is 1 of the reason which fans like us support them when they came out until now and even new fans who join us in supporting them.
    I remembered that when it was announced when the show would be shown, the other TV stations were more or less in dispair. They pretty much avoided putting too much money into making the dramas for that slot. The initial ratings where quite good at 4, which would have been first in normal situations (highest rating for romantic princess was also around 4), unfortunately, they were faced with fated to love you which has a miraculous rating of 10-12. After time, the ratings kept dropping. So did the ratings for the new show after FTLY, though it still remained above Hot Shot.

If it had remained at 2nd spot, they could argue that it's NOT the the fading popularity of the 3 guys but that the new show in the 1st place was too good. But when it dropped to 3rd.... It's a little hard not to think that. Then they could also have made a mistake making LZX the lead. Apparantly he's not as popular as they tried to make him out to be. Begining of the year there were fortune tellers (quite standard for CNY programmes) stating that he will overtake Jay Chou and become the 'King' in the entertainment industry. It almost appeared to be true at the begining of the year, However ...now... seems pretty short lived to me.

Last week's rating for ZQMTX :

週一至週五八點檔(2008.12.1-2008.12.5)
    1 娘家 (民視) 6.89
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 4.17
    3 光陰的故事(中視)(12/1-4) 2.55
    4 百萬小學堂(台視)(12/5) 1.50
    5 懷玉傳奇(台視)(12/1-4) 1.44
    6 鹿鼎記(中視)(12/5) 1.08
    7 這三個女人(華視) 0.47

Summary of weekly ratings:

First week --> 5.28 --> 3.93 --> 3.97 --> 3.86 --> 3.86 --> 4.47 --> 3.96 --> 3.94 --> 3.81 --> 3.93 --> 3.67 (no Mingjie from last 2 episodes) --> 3.27 --> 3.09 --> 3.31 --> 3.31 --> 3.23 --> 3.30 --> 3.22 (Mingjie appeared at the very last minutes of Wed episode) --> 3.28 --> 3.55 --> 3.82 --> 4.00 --> 4.20 --> 4.17

I think the ratings will go up higher if they give Mingjie more screentime and a more important storyline. But no complaints if Xiezhi is still earning the same amount of money as before even though he only appears for less than half an hour in each episode.

I hope Xiezhi gets more screen time too- but at least for now he's probably getting a bit more rest. The ratings are still looking pretty good. Now that the ratings have improved for a few weeks, I wonder if SETTV is still planning to start a new show in a couple of months. Maybe they'll let ZQMTX continue for a bit longer.

Don't be so optimistic. Yesterday's rating for episode 119 is only 3.58 ( but actually this rating is still better than before Mingjie's return). I guess viewers are tired of the Luo story going in circles and getting nowhere. And supporters of Mingjie may give up watching a 2 hours show just to see him for that few minutes.

Recently there are a number of news reports about the new show. Filming for the new show will start in mid-Dec and the show will be broadcast in 3 months time (earliest). Actually I am quite puzzled by this. I always thought that for 8pm shows, whatever is filmed today will be shown tomorrow. That is why everyone from the actors/actresses to the production crew are so tired and stressed.

Btw, Lian Jingwen is one of the female leads for the next show. Viewers are speculating if she will exit ZQMTX to concentrate on the next show and if so, will Mingjie exit with her since it is so obvious that they will be paired together. Or since her role in ZQMTX is quite minor, she may be able to work on both shows at the same time.
    Last edited by exadel; 12-09-08 at 01:32 AM.

I remembered that when it was announced when the show would be shown, the other TV stations were more or less in dispair. They pretty much avoided putting too much money into making the dramas for that slot. The initial ratings where quite good at 4, which would have been first in normal situations (highest rating for romantic princess was also around 4), unfortunately, they were faced with fated to love you which has a miraculous rating of 10-12. After time, the ratings kept dropping. So did the ratings for the new show after FTLY, though it still remained above Hot Shot.

If it had remained at 2nd spot, they could argue that it's NOT the the fading popularity of the 3 guys but that the new show in the 1st place was too good. But when it dropped to 3rd.... It's a little hard not to think that. Then they could also have made a mistake making LZX the lead. Apparantly he's not as popular as they tried to make him out to be. Begining of the year there were fortune tellers (quite standard for CNY programmes) stating that he will overtake Jay Chou and become the 'King' in the entertainment industry. It almost appeared to be true at the begining of the year, However ...now... seems pretty short lived to me.
    Ya hotasuki. i think Jay Chou is the best and no one will bit him although fortune tellers said so. Seems like the words which comes out from the fortune tellers were not 100% true not only for this case i mean is for all the cases. I just don't know why those programmes like to invite them to their programme.

Urm did he tried to take over Jay Chou in the begining of the year??? don't seems like to me.

To me, sanli's idol drammas is unbitable. Their storyline is interesting to me and compair to the other TV stations, the ratings were good.

Last week's rating for ZQMTX :

週一至週五八點檔(2008.12.1-2008.12.5)
    1 娘家 (民視) 6.89
    2 真情滿天下 (三立) 4.17
    3 光陰的故事(中視)(12/1-4) 2.55
    4 百萬小學堂(台視)(12/5) 1.50
    5 懷玉傳奇(台視)(12/1-4) 1.44
    6 鹿鼎記(中視)(12/5) 1.08
    7 這三個女人(華視) 0.47

Summary of weekly ratings:

First week --> 5.28 --> 3.93 --> 3.97 --> 3.86 --> 3.86 --> 4.47 --> 3.96 --> 3.94 --> 3.81 --> 3.93 --> 3.67 (no Mingjie from last 2 episodes) --> 3.27 --> 3.09 --> 3.31 --> 3.31 --> 3.23 --> 3.30 --> 3.22 (Mingjie appeared at the very last minutes of Wed episode) --> 3.28 --> 3.55 --> 3.82 --> 4.00 --> 4.20 --> 4.17

I think the ratings will go up higher if they give Mingjie more screentime and a more important storyline. But no complaints if Xiezhi is still earning the same amount of money as before even though he only appears for less than half an hour in each episode.
    Glad to hear that the overall ratings for last week went up. I just hope that we can see more Mingjie in each episode and a good storyline for him. Just like before.
    Sad to see that the rating for Monday's episode was quite low.

Thanks for the link, hotasuki. My first impression of Lele is - cute little girl but so little hair. Oh dear, must be influenced by Xiezhi and his obsession with hair

I am curious whether Farenheit can do better than F4 as TW tourism ambassadors as F4 is extremely popular in Japan. Also, I remembered there was a little controversy when Farenheit was chosen because Wu Jun is from Brunei and not a TW citizen. Btw, I think they can't choose the gorgeous Takeshi because he is Japanese.
    A video link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS01Nxtxrs
    I think it was taken secretly without permission.

I'm not sure if farenheit are doing anything at all. Didn't hear anything since the news of them taking over. Chun has also been busy elsewhere.
    I don't think it's neccessary to choose a person from taiwan to be an ambassador. Takeshi is still suitable because he grew up in taiwan and his mum is taiwanese. it was also the country that he started his career in. He's allthe more suitable because he can represent the tourist who enjoy themselves in a different culture.

Regarding the length of filming. for ZQMTX, XZ also started filming in Feb this year after promotion for the album was completed, even though it was only shown in June/ July? Originallythe show was suppose to start in May. I think it's to get the actors started into the pace of filming, and to develope their characters, relationship of their characters, as there will not be anytime for that when the show swings into motion. Plus the 1st few episodes are used to grab loyal viewers,so need to be more careful with details.

Depends on the contract he has with SET. Was watching wangpai DJD and they mentioned that sometimes how much an actor is paid is determined by with time slot his appearance is in, Usaully, 1st hour / 2nd hour (because of the increase in 8pm dramas from 1 hr to 2hr). With 10-15mins, I very much doubt that XZ is paid the fees of a full episode (which was reported to be 120,000 taiwanese dollar - I think - per episode at the behgining of the show, 2nd only to Chen Zhaorong). Hopefully, his contract doesn't have a min amount of time he must appear before he is paid. But the reduction in screen time could have been due to the baseball match as well, we'll know for sure this couple of weeks.

Just as a gauge, I think Full count was about 90k - 100k, and 5566 rate for appearing TV programmes was about 50-60k min. I think I previously calculated that XZ has earned about the same a 1 year's amount of SNTGD when MJ exited from the show previously. It wasn't announced but I think J-star prob made quite a bit of money this year, with XZ, qiaoen and Mingdao in China

did 183 have a performance in China recently?? Read something in the bbs forum but not sure cause it sounded like old news to me. especially when they reported that 4 members appeared. Not sure if Yan xingsu has left or is still in, I thought he left.